Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Could I ask that when some of you guys get new sets you take some pictures of the dinosaurs next to others from different sets or even previous years? 

I always like seeing how the different dinosaurs look next to each other and what the scale would be like 

Like it would be awesome to see the Giganotosaurus next to other dinos like Rexy or the Indominus.

Or all the one-piece therapods in a line: Coelophysis, Dilophosaurus, Pyroraptor and Atrociraptor 

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Could I ask that when some of you guys get new sets you take some pictures of the dinosaurs next to others from different sets or even previous years? 

I always like seeing how the different dinosaurs look next to each other and what the scale would be like 

Like it would be awesome to see the Giganotosaurus next to other dinos like Rexy or the Indominus.

Or all the one-piece therapods in a line: Coelophysis, Dilophosaurus, Pyroraptor and Atrociraptor 

Uh I suppose I could do some of those, though I must ask, where do you want me to put the pictures? Because I dont think I can send them through here, maybe a direct contact to you through messenger or something idk. However the chanel 'ProC' has most of the sets including the Giganotosaurus set, and he shows them off compared to other sets etc so I would recommend that to you, I will say his organisation isn't the best, especially compared to the professionallism of channels like jangbricks etc. But in saying that I highly doubt I could do anybetter photography haha.

59 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Uh I suppose I could do some of those, though I must ask, where do you want me to put the pictures? Because I dont think I can send them through here, maybe a direct contact to you through messenger or something idk. However the chanel 'ProC' has most of the sets including the Giganotosaurus set, and he shows them off compared to other sets etc so I would recommend that to you, I will say his organisation isn't the best, especially compared to the professionallism of channels like jangbricks etc. But in saying that I highly doubt I could do anybetter photography haha.

Ah that’s very nice of you! I have that problem on Eurobricks a lot where the site refuses to host most pictures. 

Occasionally I link stuff from my Instagram account on here - I’m planning to go and get some Dominion sets from my nearest Lego store next Tuesday and I’m planning on starting out with the Pyroraptor and Atrociraptor sets (maybe the Blue one too!) I’ll definitely take some photos of those dinos and put them on here 

And Thanks for recommending the ProC channel, I’ll check them out! There was another channel I saw ages ago that was more of a general Dino toy channel, so he just had a bunch of Lego dinosaurs together without any builds or minifigures 

34 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ah that’s very nice of you! I have that problem on Eurobricks a lot where the site refuses to host most pictures. 

Occasionally I link stuff from my Instagram account on here - I’m planning to go and get some Dominion sets from my nearest Lego store next Tuesday and I’m planning on starting out with the Pyroraptor and Atrociraptor sets (maybe the Blue one too!) I’ll definitely take some photos of those dinos and put them on here 

And Thanks for recommending the ProC channel, I’ll check them out! There was another channel I saw ages ago that was more of a general Dino toy channel, so he just had a bunch of Lego dinosaurs together without any builds or minifigures 

Yeah haha, it can be a bit annoying sometimes.

Yeah I think I remember, you created that picture of all the 2022 species (except for the Giganotosaurus set obviously) when they were revealed right? If not then I apologise lol.

Oh yeah, that sounds like fun, a Lego trip, wish you the best of luck that you can find the sets :) if you do find the sets, will you just take photos of the dinosaurs themselves or have them in a diorama? Also I would recommend the Quetzalcoatlus set to everyone, it's just so cool!! And even the build is pretty good, although the minifigures aren't exclusive :/

Yeah no worries, hope you enjoy and get you wishes fulfilled from his comparisons he does throughout his videos.

Are you thinking of Extinct Bricks? He's a good friend of mine, and he makes extremely good, highly detailed customs of Lego prehistoric creatures and a few other things like Godzilla and Kong, as well as the future predator from primeval, stuff like that. It's amazing what he's managed to do!

4 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

How about posting pics on yoru Intragram and then post the link here?

Speaking of Extinct Bricks, he is not very active around here. ;/

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

How about posting pics on yoru Intragram and then post the link here?

Speaking of Extinct Bricks, he is not very active around here. ;/

Oh right, sorry I've never posted on Instagram so I guess it would be a new experience, any requests for photos?

Yeah, he is quite busy with his life and making customs so it's fair enough.

I am not a professional, but I just did my best lol, just a few comparisons, if there was anything specific you guys wanted to see, just lemme know!

6 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I am not a professional, but I just did my best lol, just a few comparisons, if there was anything specific you guys wanted to see, just lemme know!

The Quetzalcoatlus is HUGE. BTW The photography is just fine for the purposes of the photos. I am just happy to see them next to each other.

1 hour ago, CodFather1 said:

The Quetzalcoatlus is HUGE. BTW The photography is just fine for the purposes of the photos. I am just happy to see them next to each other.

I know right, it's absolutely gigantic lol, bigger than the t rex. Cheers, maybe one day I'll be better at photography. 

Just ordered the Quetzalcoatlus set, all of the sets are ready available in my local retailer. Should arrive in two days, so excited.

Gonna have to wait five days for T. rex Breakout and Pyroraptor set, as they aren't available in retailers. 

I honestly hadn't actually realised that the baby blue was actually a new mould. I kept seeing it in photos and thought it was the normal baby dino mould.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just ordered the Quetzalcoatlus set, all of the sets are ready available in my local retailer. Should arrive in two days, so excited.

Gonna have to wait five days for T. rex Breakout and Pyroraptor set, as they aren't available in retailers. 

Nice, is the Giganotosaurus set in your local store?

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

I honestly hadn't actually realised that the baby blue was actually a new mould. I kept seeing it in photos and thought it was the normal baby dino mould.

Yeah haha, Beta has a completely new mold, nothing too special, just makes it more specific for a young Jurassic Park Velociraptor, though I suppose it might fit for some other dromeosaurids that are small enough, just missing feathers.

23 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah I think I remember, you created that picture of all the 2022 species (except for the Giganotosaurus set obviously) when they were revealed right? If not then I apologise lol.

Oh yeah, that sounds like fun, a Lego trip, wish you the best of luck that you can find the sets :) if you do find the sets, will you just take photos of the dinosaurs themselves or have them in a diorama? Also I would recommend the Quetzalcoatlus set to everyone, it's just so cool!! And even the build is pretty good, although the minifigures aren't exclusive :/

Yeah no worries, hope you enjoy and get you wishes fulfilled from his comparisons he does throughout his videos.

Are you thinking of Extinct Bricks? He's a good friend of mine, and he makes extremely good, highly detailed customs of Lego prehistoric creatures and a few other things like Godzilla and Kong, as well as the future predator from primeval, stuff like that. It's amazing what he's managed to do!

Haha I did make a picture with all the dinos, tho PriceyPlasticProduct on Instagram also made one that was very good

I don't have a display space devoted just to Jurassic World sets yet: at the moment I just have the Baryonyx and an assortment of baby dinos, tho sometimes I do display next to my Hogwarts display wreaking havoc :laugh:. I'll definitely put something together when I have more dinos tho

12 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

These are amazing! You have such a great collection, I am very impressed - all 3 versions of adult Blue! The price of the Quetzalcoatlus set makes more sense now as well when it is so big next to the other dinos. 

I would love to see the Atrociraptors next to Blue: your photo with the smaller raptors and bigger dilophosaurus give a good idea of size between the different raptor scales already tho. Also was there any kind of photo of all the dinos together in the instructions of the Dominion sets? :classic:

Also, until someone puts the physical Giganotosaurus next to the other dinos I had a try using pictures and screengrabs: 

As before, my scale is probably a little bit wonky which is why your photos of the physical dinos are so much more useful 

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Nice, is the Giganotosaurus set in your local store?

Yup.

They literally couldn't have handled this set worse. I expected them to save it for later for a big reveal, but they just literally forgot about it.

It's already being sold in retailers, the official pictures are out there, and yet LEGO hasn't acknowledged it. Neither is it on Shop@Home. 

what sucks is they choice to release this wave on easter sunday, idk how many r but my lego store is gonna be closed so i have to wait until monday :cry3: ik i could order it online but i much prefer to buy it in store. im complaining but at least its only a day. so excited for that jurassic park set :moar:

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup.

They literally couldn't have handled this set worse. I expected them to save it for later for a big reveal, but they just literally forgot about it.

It's already being sold in retailers, the official pictures are out there, and yet LEGO hasn't acknowledged it. Neither is it on Shop@Home. 

I’m telling you and I’ve been saying this for a while 

the set will be revealed the day it is released

9 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Haha I did make a picture with all the dinos, tho PriceyPlasticProduct on Instagram also made one that was very good

I don't have a display space devoted just to Jurassic World sets yet: at the moment I just have the Baryonyx and an assortment of baby dinos, tho sometimes I do display next to my Hogwarts display wreaking havoc :laugh:. I'll definitely put something together when I have more dinos tho

These are amazing! You have such a great collection, I am very impressed - all 3 versions of adult Blue! The price of the Quetzalcoatlus set makes more sense now as well when it is so big next to the other dinos. 

I would love to see the Atrociraptors next to Blue: your photo with the smaller raptors and bigger dilophosaurus give a good idea of size between the different raptor scales already tho. Also was there any kind of photo of all the dinos together in the instructions of the Dominion sets? :classic:

Also, until someone puts the physical Giganotosaurus next to the other dinos I had a try using pictures and screengrabs: 

As before, my scale is probably a little bit wonky which is why your photos of the physical dinos are so much more useful 

Oh cool haha, I think on Instagram #legojurassicworld priceyplasticproduct's image is on the first page.

All of my space is devoted to Jurassic World haha, mostly Lego but there are several shelves of Mattel Jurassic World figures.

Ah yeah, the Baryonyx is a good figure (if you ignore the inaccuracies) and you have a baby dino army lol. Hope you enjoy having a more prominent collection of Jurassic World sets lol.

Thank you, I have been collecting for 10 years now considering Lego Dino came out in 2012, which feels really weird to say, it went so fast lol.

Yeah sure, honestly I have no idea why I didn't think of comparing the raptors haha. And yes, that is in the instructions, though I think the Pyroraptor, Dilophosaurus and Triceratops are absent.

ProC has the physical Giganotosaurus and has put them next to other species, he found that the Giganotosaurus's body mold is slightly longer than the one used for t rex and Indominus.

That looks cool, I like how it compares them all together then seperately

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup.

Awesome, did you buy it lol?

Haha, yeah they are neglecting the set a little bit.

Yeah, I am excited to find it one day.

3 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I like how Blue has just been desaturating for years now.

Haha, that's true I suppose what will the next shade look like?

Also I guess Kayla's hair is accurate now haha.

I’ll be receiving 7 of the sets today! :excited: The exceptions are the JP and Triceratops sets (both exclusives that the shop I ordered from doesn’t carry yet) and the Pyroraptor one, which is on backorder :classic:

Haven't been on here in a while, I don't really feel the need to adress every set individually so here are just some general thoughts: 

- The builds are overall much better than what we're used to, they feel more realistic and are therefore more useful.
- The dinosaurs all look great. Really the only complaints I have are that Blue, though she looks great, should've used the smaller mold and the Dilo should've gotten an updated print. 
- LEGO dropped the ball hard on a lot of the minifigures, Soyona is literally the only figure with a fitting hairpiece. The grey shirt Owen getting reused so much also really annoys me.
- The Jurassic Park set is worth getting for the display and cars but the brickbuilt Rex looks terrible and the figures are sadly a downgrade on their 2018 counterparts. 

Overall very satisfied with the wave so I've already preordered most of the sets. I'm waiting on a sale for the JP, Trike and Rex sets and the 4+ Rex set is definitely a pass, though I'm getting the figures.

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Awesome, did you buy it lol?

Nope, don't need it.

Quetzalcoatlus, Pyroraptor and Jurassic Park sets for me. Maybe the Blue set down the line.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’ll be receiving 7 of the sets today! :excited: The exceptions are the JP and Triceratops sets (both exclusives that the shop I ordered from doesn’t carry yet) and the Pyroraptor one, which is on backorder :classic:

Nice, hopefully they come soon!

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Haven't been on here in a while, I don't really feel the need to adress every set individually so here are just some general thoughts: 

- The builds are overall much better than what we're used to, they feel more realistic and are therefore more useful.
- The dinosaurs all look great. Really the only complaints I have are that Blue, though she looks great, should've used the smaller mold and the Dilo should've gotten an updated print. 
- LEGO dropped the ball hard on a lot of the minifigures, Soyona is literally the only figure with a fitting hairpiece. The grey shirt Owen getting reused so much also really annoys me.
- The Jurassic Park set is worth getting for the display and cars but the brickbuilt Rex looks terrible and the figures are sadly a downgrade on their 2018 counterparts. 

Overall very satisfied with the wave so I've already preordered most of the sets. I'm waiting on a sale for the JP, Trike and Rex sets and the 4+ Rex set is definitely a pass, though I'm getting the figures.

Welcome back! 

The department of fish and wildlife prints are also a cool little thing from the 4+ set. 

Also i think it's worth noting the minimal articulation for a lot of the new species which is a bit of a shame, especially since Lego is mainly directed towards kids who probably want to be able to have their dinosaurs move around a lot and put them in poses etc

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope, don't need it.

Quetzalcoatlus, Pyroraptor and Jurassic Park sets for me. Maybe the Blue set down the line.

Fair enough, can only speak for the Quetzalcoatlus set, which is an extreme cool set, one of my favorites. Maybe I might have a bias because the set took me by surprise as I never would've expected Lego to make a Quetzalcoatlus lol.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

Is Beta’s body the best size for “nomral” Velciraptors that Blue should use that, right