Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I was hoping to see a new raptor in the scale as the current Dilophosaurus, but I'm surprised it happened in a lineup that includes the old larger version. So strange. Regardless, I'm very happy to finally have a raptor more in scale with minifigures.

1 minute ago, strangely said:

I was hoping to see a new raptor in the scale as the current Dilophosaurus, but I'm surprised it happened in a lineup that includes the old larger version. So strange. Regardless, I'm very happy to finally have a raptor more in scale with minifigures.

Same! 

I thought the large version of raptor is not a right size next to a standing minifigure. I never own that one. Now we get a new scale on ratpor. 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think these are from a website

I heard they are from a private Jurassic world Facebook group

I think that t rex set is the $90 set. Not only does it have a massive Dino fig but the build looks around the piece count for the set number associated with that price. I wonder what the largest set will include 

I personaly hate that mid scale 2 piece dinos.
Even knockoffs can make small articulated dinos...
The Blue set however is great and that magnificent Quatzelcoat is lovely

I've got a lot of thoughts on the new sets. First of all, why are the minifigures so bad? The poacher in the Maisie set looks cool, but I couldn't even tell that the other figure was Maisie although I guess I see it now. Owen still has the same torso and face print and Claire's hairpiece doesn't work for her hairstyle at all. I don't know why LEGO keeps slapping that piece on every female minifigure but it's getting super irritating especially when it's so inaccurate. Kayla's hair is also horrible - she doesn't have a bob and most of her hair is dark, so I have no clue why that piece was used. I know it's all about the dinosaurs, but better minifigures would be nice. 

The dinos and builds here look pretty decent. I like the plane and that Quetzalcoatlus is amazing! I didn't expect LEGO to make one and although I wish it had more articulation, it's still an amazing new species to add to the lineup. Still crossing my fingers for a Mosasaurus and Brachiosaurus/other sauropod one day, but I guess they aren't coming this year because the biggest set has to have the Giganotosaurus. I like the Atrociraptor mold and the new baby raptor mold is so cute! I'm not the biggest fan of that color scheme for Blue but it looks much better than the Fallen Kingdom one and it's nice to have so much variation across her designs. The truck build in that set is really good, the T. rex truck is fine but the red cab clashes with the blue transport area a bit too much for me. The facade build in that set also looks really lazy. LEGO's done much better with side builds like that before. 

I'm excited to see the rest of the sets!

2 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I think that t rex set is the $90 set. Not only does it have a massive Dino fig but the build looks around the piece count for the set number associated with that price. I wonder what the largest set will include 

I think the biggest set will include BioSyn HQ with some play features and a laboratory, plus the Giganotosaurus and some trees as a side build. 

I love the new sets so much! Did not expect so many new moulds. It is a bit of a shame that the atrociraptors have a smaller mould compared to blue, because in the movie they are about the same size. Also, I am a little puzzled about kayla's hairpiece, it does not fit at all. Still, the sets are great!

OH MY GOD!!! They couldn't have done the Quetzal mold any better, I'm in love with it! Now we just need a dimorphodon. :wink:

But i was rolling on the ground seeing the hairpiece for Kayla:laugh: It's just too bad for words

Surprised that they have left the Owen minifig untouched. Cuz I thought they could have used the hairpiece for starlord

Apparently, there are STILL 4 or 5 sets to been shown to the public, I'm still wishing for a Apato, Sinoceratops, or a new herbivore of some sort.

I'm actually a bit tired of all the T. rexes, I don't understand why we need more of them! Already have a dozen of them...

Edited by StegoLover

56 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

OH MY GOD!!! They couldn't have done the Quetzal mold any better, I'm in love with it! Now we just need a dimorphodon. :wink:

But i was rolling on the ground seeing the hairpiece for Kayla:laugh: It's just too bad for words

Surprised that they have left the Owen minifig untouched. Cuz I thought they could have used the hairpiece for starlord

Apparently, there are STILL 4 or 5 sets to been shown to the public, I'm still wishing for a Apato, Sinoceratops, or a new herbivore of some sort.

I'm actually a bit tired of all the T. rexes, I don't understand why we need more of them! Already have a dozen of them...

One can never have enough T-Rexes :pir-skel:

yeah all of those hairpiece choices in the Quetzal  set are horrible. Sometimes I feel like Lego wants to ger rid of old pieces :pir_laugh2:

I gotta say the plane and "bird" itself are looking pretty cool. Maybe the first set of Jurassic whatever I buy. Even the colour scheme of the plane looks quite interesting.

I am surprised in general how bad the hairpieces for this wave are.

Owen's hair is shorter and spikier, not a side-wave anymore.

Claire's hair is exactly like Hermione's, yet for some reason they use the hairpiece where right part of her hair is on her shoulder.

Kayla's hair... bruh, what happened here. Never have I ever witnessed such a bad hairpiece choice for a LEGO minifigure.

Ellie's hair is longer and has bangs, kinda like Claire's but less dense, yet they also use the same old hairpiece.

Ian's hair is more like Owen's in the past, a side-wave, yet they choose a hairpiece which makes him look like he's balding.

11 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

One can never have enough T-Rexes :pir-skel:

yeah all of those hairpiece choices in the Quetzal  set are horrible. Sometimes I feel like Lego wants to ger rid of old pieces :pir_laugh2:

I gotta say the plane and "bird" itself are looking pretty cool. Maybe the first set of Jurassic whatever I buy. Even the colour scheme of the plane looks quite interesting.

Female hairpieces seem to be such an afterthought 

2 minutes ago, williejm said:

Female hairpieces seem to be such an afterthought 

I know what you mean. So far we have three different female minifigures who all use the same hairpiece

Edited by Albert with an A

Ooohhh, more sets!! Blue is finally correctly coloured haha, new baby velociraptor mold, speculation

i suppose baby blue (well, so far we know her name is beta), gets captured by this guy as seen in the trailer, and now with the cage in the back of the truck, and i guess we the t rex set explains why the carnotaurus and allosaurus were randomly in malta, they have been placed by these trucks that look to have a dramatic opening bay thing at the back sortoff like what happened at the end of primeval season 2 because the atrociraptor is coming out of it, dont know if i need to beat the dead horse with kaylas hair haha, but quetzalcoatlus is something i never expected lego to make and it looks fantastic!! 

overall amazing sets!

Oh man, I just realised that the T. rex set is the 90€ one with 466 pieces... what a terrible price for this set.

I really hoped we'd get an Allosaurus instead of a T. rex, I don't see it popping up in any more sets.

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh man, I just realised that the T. rex set is the 90€ one with 466 pieces... what a terrible price for this set.

I really hoped we'd get an Allosaurus instead of a T. rex, I don't see it popping up in any more sets.

Watch it be like $150 AUD haha, also the Bucky Barnes looking guy in that set is also in the blue set as you guys know, but he has a different shirt, you can see it's white in the t rex set so does that mean he's a main character?

I hope we would Parasaurolophus, Allosaurus, Dimetrodon, Mosaurus and a few more. My wishlist may not happen - I’m trying to keep my hype level low.

3 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I hope we would Parasaurolophus, Allosaurus, Dimetrodon, Mosaurus and a few more. My wishlist may not happen - I’m trying to keep my hype level low.

Para and Giga are basically a must

I definitely think we’re not going the Mosasaur unless it’s in an action scene with the main cast - that seems to be the defining factor on which dinosaurs we’re getting 

Quetzlecoatlus is an amazing surprise - one of my favourite prehistoric animals so that will be hard to not get 

Its interesting the Atrociraptors are smaller and one-piece when more are almost definitely coming in a chase set - maybe the white alpha one will be the bigger raptor piece to set it apart from the others? 

My guess for the remaining dinos:

20€ 4+ set: Atrociraptor (or two)

50€ 4+ set: Therizinosaurus

20€ or 30€ set: Parasaurolophus

130€ set: Giganotosaurus (and probably more dinos, perhaps Atrociraptors or Blue, because just one for 130€ seems like a bad deal)

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

My guess for the remaining dinos:

20€ 4+ set: Atrociraptor (or two)

50€ 4+ set: Therizinosaurus

20€ or 30€ set: Parasaurolophus

130€ set: Giganotosaurus (and probably more dinos, perhaps Atrociraptors or Blue, because just one for 130€ seems like a bad deal)

Atrociraptors in the first set might have a chance, little sceptical of therizinosaurus but considering up until yesterday I was under the impression we wouldn't get any new big species like Quetzalcoatlus, anything can happen haha, I doubt Parasaurolophus for some reason but not completely sure since what else would be in that set, not Nausutoceratops for sure lol. Giganotosaurus definitely, maybe it's just a really big facility for and another dinosaur for the fight scene and a lot of characters. Or maybe the Atrociraptor pack takes on the Giganotosaurus haha, who knows

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that four Dominion sets' build out of five is a truck?

Blue set? A red truck.

Pyroraptor set? A tan truck.

Triceratops set? A black truck.

T. rex set? A big truck.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that four Dominion sets' build out of five is a truck?

Blue set? A red truck.

Pyroraptor set? A tan truck.

Triceratops set? A black truck.

T. rex set? A big truck.

Nah, not bothered at all because I won’t plan to buy all sets. I am only interested in grabbing dinosaurs alone.