Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Also to note that the Triceratops has the Nausutoceratops colours, which could mean we might not get a Nausutoceratops, as seen in the trailer it's obvious that this set isn't just a random made-up one like the Pyroraptor vs Dilophosaurus set looks like, but who knows.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

36 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

I think that the new 3 sets for now are overall really great! But i'm not a big fan of the Triceratops colour, and the scars look kinda like worms:laugh_hard: It's also a shame that the JP set doesn't have a goat... :hmpf_bad:

It would have been epic if the T. rex set had the iconic porta-potty where the lawyer was hiding in.

I don't completely agree with this. The Carnotaurus would make no sence because it already appeared last year and that would be WAY too cheap in a 50€ set together with the Allosaurus. I actually hope for a Stego (or brachiosaurus)

True, I forgot we've actually had two of them. Allosaurus is a must tho.

As for Stegosaurus or Brachiosaurus, I feel like they aren't one of the dinosaurs Dominion puts spotlight on.

9 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Wow, I've never bought any of the Jurassic sets so far but I love the T-rex diorama. Very interested in this new style of set.

Totally agree! So many possibilities! If TLG makes more classic movie scene dioramas, I'm SO there for it. I have the Empire Strikes Back diorama. And now this! 

Which makes me wonder. Would anyone be interested if they made a similar diorama of the Brachiosaur scene? Although I'd prefer a molded dino, I'll take it if they make a brick-built brachio of the same quality as this new t-rex.

I'm guessing that would entail a grey, open Ford Explorer on a grass plain, some trees and a big animal... As for the quote, they could do: "Dr.Grant, my dear dr.Sattler...welcome to Jurassic Park!" as I guess Malcolm's line: "You crazy son of a ••••... you did it!", won't make the cut 😆.

1 minute ago, snoozle said:

Totally agree! So many possibilities! If TLG makes more classic movie scene dioramas, I'm SO there for it. I have the Empire Strikes Back diorama. And now this! 

Which makes me wonder. Would anyone be interested if they made a similar diorama of the Brachiosaur scene? Although I'd prefer a molded dino, I'll take it if they make a brick-built brachio of the same quality as this new t-rex.

I'm guessing that would entail a grey, open Ford Explorer on a grass plain, some trees and a big animal... As for the quote, they could do: "Dr.Grant, my dear dr.Sattler...welcome to Jurassic Park!" as I guess Malcolm's line: "You crazy son of a ••••... you did it!", won't make the cut 😆.

T-rex vs spinosaurus diorama maybe? 0_0 (will probably not happen though)

Personally, I would love a diorama of some part of the emergency shelter/ shed in JP.

4 minutes ago, Velicoraptor3 said:

Personally, I would love a diorama of some part of the emergency shelter/ shed in JP.

T rex vs spino would be cool 

I mean, technically we already have that, a small build in the gate in the Jurassic Park t rex rampage d2c set

16 minutes ago, snoozle said:

Hachiroku24 made a video in 2020 to transform the T. rex in the UCS set from 2019 into a brick-built Brachiosaurus;

13 minutes ago, Velicoraptor3 said:

I wouldn't count on this, and besides... The spinosaurus would probably be a brickbuilt one too then.

Edited by StegoLover

18 minutes ago, Velicoraptor3 said:

That'd be awesome!!

7 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

Hachiroku24 made a video in 2020 to transform the T. rex in the UCS set from 2019 into a brick-built Brachiosaurus

Never seen this. So cool! And yes, something along the lines of this! 

53 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

T rex vs spino would be cool 

I mean, technically we already have that, a small build in the gate in the Jurassic Park t rex rampage d2c set

Yeah that is true, but seeing how detailed it was in the Lego game and the movie, I think they could make an expanded version of the shed, with a perimeter fence, foliage, raptors and much more detailed interior (assuming you could see inside from the side, just like with the gate)

1 hour ago, snoozle said:

I bought a load of the Gallimimus sets to do this kind of thing. "They're flocking this way".

1 hour ago, StegoLover said:

Hachiroku24 made a video in 2020 to transform the T. rex in the UCS set from 2019 into a brick-built Brachiosaurus;

This is amazing. I'm definitely going to try for it!

If this T-rex Breakout set will be released this year, why not next year? I mean…Jurasic Park movie will have 30th anniveary. 

It makes me wonder what JP/JW sets 2023 will bring us. 

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

If this T-rex Breakout set will be released this year, why not next year? I mean…Jurasic Park movie will have 30th anniveary. 

My guess is that it's releasing this year to coincide with the "end of the saga" elements of Dominion (and Dominion's inclusion of the original crew from JP1). But it is certainly interesting to question what may be coming next year as a result of the anniversary as well. 

I could honestly see them doing a D2C Explorer/Tour vehicle for the 30th anniversary. While it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, it would fill in a licensed car slot while also paying homage to the 30th anniversary. And with this set releasing now, it doesn't leave people complaining that there isn't a minifigure-scale version as well. 

I have no interest in anything Jurassic World, and I didn't buy the D2C Jurassic Park gate because it had no Ford Explorer. But this will be the first Jurassic Park set that I buy. And I'm buying two so I can build both cars completely. :D Day 1 instabuy, I've literally been wishing for this for years!

(Now I have to hope that one day they release the Jeep!)

Edited by Mr Hobbles

3 hours ago, Velicoraptor3 said:

People here would start a riot if we got a buildable Spinosaurus before a moulded one :grin:

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Why would LEGO wait a year to make a set that they can make now?

They've just started their 18+ dioramas subtheme. Dominion, the conclusion of the Jurassic saga, is getting released this year. It's a perfect opportunity.

Love the JP set of course(and ordered), but I really like the vehicles in the other two. I’m always excited by something different, and these two are different. I especially like the one that Malcolm is driving. 

35 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

It looks like the Explorer has plate thick walls and is 6 studs wide, plenty large enough to fit all four minifigs!

Yup, I saw that too. The explorer also has a isla nublar map next to the steer. Im a sucker for detailed builds. Definitely a day one buy for me.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People here would start a riot if we got a buildable Spinosaurus before a moulded one :grin:

Rightfully so, but honestly, its would be at least something. The only moulded spino I would like, is the spinosaurus model in the Lego jw game. (talking about that game, I really hope we get at least some FK and dominion content in the form of a new Lego game, I really enjoyed that game)

Sorry if this is off topic, but at about 5:50 in Jang's Video About These Sets he alluded to Lego possibly holding off on making the Ford Explorers until now because of something to do with the Firestone tire company. Does anyone know what he's talking about? Was there some controversy between the TLG and Firestone or something?

In the mid 1990s there was a string of rollover crashes and fatalities involving that generation of Ford Explorer that were blamed on bad Firestone tires. I don't know what that would have to do with Lego. Maybe Ford hasn't been letting anyone make toys of that generation of Ford Explorer at all, just because the Firestone rollover scandal was such a debacle? But other companies have made Jurassic Park Ford Explorer toys before, so that wouldn't make sense.

I’m looking at T-rex Breakout set and that brick-buildable T-rex looks much cooler than the “meh” T-rex from the gate set back in 2019. 

I love some details in that diorama, like flare, touch-screen, T-rex footprints. This convinces me to pre-order!

Still it’s kinda odd to see it coming up this year instead of next year. Sure, it makes sense that Dominion will close the era of Jurassic Park/World series with this amazing set. So whatever, I will pre-order it anyway!

Hey folks. Can you tell me what colors these dinosaur are? I’m talking about Trike, Pyro, and Dilo only. 

Due to my low vision and I have a color blindness, it’s hard fire what colors they are. I just need some descriptions. :)

26 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m looking at T-rex Breakout set and that brick-buildable T-rex looks much cooler than the “meh” T-rex from the gate set back in 2019. 

I love some details in that diorama, like flare, touch-screen, T-rex footprints. This convinces me to pre-order!

Still it’s kinda odd to see it coming up this year instead of next year. Sure, it makes sense that Dominion will close the era of Jurassic Park/World series with this amazing set. So whatever, I will pre-order it anyway!

Hey folks. Can you tell me what colors these dinosaur are? I’m talking about Trike, Pyro, and Dilo only. 

Due to my low vision and I have a color blindness, it’s hard fire what colors they are. I just need some descriptions. :)

Triceratops is light tan on the lower part and the horns, dark grey on the upper part, with dark red details.

Dilophosaurus is olive green with dark orange details.

Pyroraptor is dark orange with dark red, red and light blue details.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Triceratops is light tan on the lower part and the horns, dark grey on the upper part, with dark red details.

Dilophosaurus is olive green with dark orange details.

Pyroraptor is dark orange with dark red, red and light blue details.

Thank you, dude!

I have a question, why are the Lego sets price conversions so high? Usually they aren't this bumped up from USD to AUD but these 3 sets have literally like doubled the price, the t rex breakout set is $100 USD but $200 AUD I would've expected $150, and even both $40 USD sets are $80 AUD, when I would've expected like $60 AUD. Even doing the USD to AUD conversions on Google they are literally like $150 and $80, am I missing something?

Edited by AxolotlPlays

seeing as how the largest dominion set will most likely be the gigantosaurus fight, I wonder what the playset build will be. There seemed to be some sort of facility on fire in the background in the trailer, possibly some sort of containment lab/facility 

I hope the rest of the images are revealed soon. These sets have really got me hyped for the rest of the wave.

I also appreciate how the dinosaur on the box is the dinosaur in the set