Clone OPatra

Super Mario 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 3/31/2022 at 7:28 AM, Portal Out said:

A UPC for set 71412 just popped up for $39.99 and a fall release date.

Seems weird that they’d hold back on revealing a single set like that unless it was something special and wasn’t associated with the rest of the wave. The numbering is a bit weird too, since it comes numerically after the D2C (which is 71412). Did anything ever become of that minifigure pack rumor or did it just turn out to be hoax?

a Mario Kart set maybe?

On 3/31/2022 at 3:08 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

It was a complete hoax :laugh:

Darn it all!

I just want minfigure version!

Lego Mario D2C information has come out, 

It has 2807 pieces and retails for €229.99 

Release Presumably August  

The picture used that Promobricks posted is of Bowser. Could just be a randomly chosen image as a placeholder, but it would be interesting if the set ended up being Bowser themed.

2 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Lego Mario D2C information has come out, 

It has 2807 pieces and retails for €229.99 

Release Presumably August  

Geeze that’s almost twice as many pieces as the NES, I wonder what it could be.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

How about a buildable Bowser? That’d be  AMAZING :moar:

Every time a new wave of rumors starts circulating I tell myself not to get too hyped, but that would rock and I might have already gotten my hopes up already 

On 3/11/2022 at 1:21 AM, Borex said:

Please help me remember in what game the ’ tower is frozen. Or is it just frozen by that Kamek? Also i can’t really make out what is going on in that fuzzy set?

i really love the boomerang bro, and most likely we will see a hammer bro in a new wave i guess. 

come to think of it, Peach was playable for the first time in M3, so i think we really needed a Birdo set, and a set with a mounted Shyguy (on an ostrich <- prince of persia)

I don't know how to delete this post I was making a month ago from my replies box so I'm posting it to clear it out so ignore this post 😭

I was low-key hoping Birdo would be the mini-boss in the Peach starter kit and that instead of a goal flag, we would get the Mask Gate as a different type of goal. I know Nintendo shoes away from having anything to do with Wart, but a Wart boss battle with the vegetables coming out of the large tubes would be such a great set, as well as a Phanto mask and key. If they were going to do anything substantial with SMB2 it will be the next wave since when Luigi was released we got the poison pond sets which featured heavily in Super Luigi Wii U and then we got Luigi's Mansion. So SMB2 and 3D World make sense for the waves surrounding Peach.

I assume next summer will be a playable Rosalina and then some Mario Galaxy 

On 4/22/2022 at 7:42 PM, Portal Out said:

Geeze that’s almost twice as many pieces as the NES, I wonder what it could be.

Every time a new wave of rumors starts circulating I tell myself not to get too hyped, but that would rock and I might have already gotten my hopes up already 

How awesome would it be to get something like the overworld of Super Mario World?

For whoever mentioned that we haven't heard anything about series 5 character packs, I looked it up and series 3 wasn't announced last year until June even though the main sets were announced earlier.

Still not heard anything about the series 5 character packs yet? Any predictions for this series, I think Muncher 

Hi, I'm trying to get my LEGO account syncronized with the Super Mario app for several weeks now. No luck. Just getting the synchronizing indicator ( 3 white cycling dots ) forerver.:cry_sad:
I even tried several devices (android and ios) and created a new test account.
Do you see your collected coins in your LEGO account in the app?

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Apparently, there‘ll be a reveal at LEGO Con next month :thumbup: I hope it‘s the D2C set

I can only assume it will be since the other summer sets were revealed already. Lego has done a pretty good job keeping this under wraps since we don't even know what the set will be!

4 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I can only assume it will be since the other summer sets were revealed already. Lego has done a pretty good job keeping this under wraps since we don't even know what the set will be!

Leakers have hinted at a giant Bowser being a part of it, but after last year‘s Peach‘s Castle debacle, I‘ll be more cautious this year :laugh_hard:

Promobricks originally said the Mario D2C would be either a June or August release, so if it's being revealed at lego con (Which seems more likely then them announcing say 2023 sets there),

So I wonder what that means for the release date? the turn around for D2Cs are pretty quick, so if it was revealed then and it was coming late june that could work. But also with the rest of the wave coming in august that could also be the case. I guess we'll have to see.

4 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

New Lego Mario Set, Big Bad Island 

Looks like a fun set. A little bit pricey though, but i’ll get it (for a discount i hope)

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/big-bad-island-expansion-set-71412

Super cute! I've been wanting to see a level with big versions of enemies (like Giant Land from Super Mario Bros. 3, Tiny-Huge Island from Super Mario 64, or the Supermassive Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy 2). This one definitely exceeds my expectations—I love the extra detail the larger enemies have gotten, and Iggy coming in the set means that we're now more than halfway to having every Koopaling available in Lego form!

15 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Any news of the D2C

No, otherwise we’d already be discussing it :tongue:

Quite a nice surprise to see an additional set pop up out of nowhere! So we’re only missing three Koopalings now :thumbup: Funny how we went from having only one of them at the beginning of the year to four

Very neat!

It's really detailed as a display sculpture. For a second I thought this didn't include compatibility with Lego Mario, but sure enough according to the description there are action tags for having them fight this giant Bowser (and a plate on the front of the stand for linking this to the rest of a level)! That's a neat touch considering the number of games where Bowser becomes giant for the final battle.