Sign in to follow this  
BananaBrick01

Hi - new member here! :)

Hi - I am new to Eurobricks (and Lego forums generally) and wanted to introduce myself as I feel my way through everything.

I have a particular interest in Lego City and Lego Trains, mainly building with my son who is now at the right age to be getting into them.

My main project at the moment is working on a versatile Lego train tunnel, bearing in mind that Lego have never released a tunnel set for regular sized Lego (though have of course in Duplo with set 2938).

Welcoming any tips and suggestions here, which I may take into the Train Tech forum now I have ‘introduced’ myself :)  Working on improving an existing idea that I launched last week on Lego ideas (Old Hill Tunnel -https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b86fc97f-c793-4d15-81f3-8ebef34139b3 ) - currently working on some colour enhancements (e.g. switching base plates to dark tan to contrast with the tracks, as well as switching the beams to dark brown to look ‘woodier’), adding more foliage, changing to thinner base plates for the grass to make the design more organic at the top and slightly less ‘blocky’. Also have a working rockslide to be added, but this is very much ‘work in progress’ as I wait for more parts (including the rocks!) to arrive.

Anyway, great to introduce myself to everyone and really pleased to be part of the forum ☺️

BananaBrick01

Welcome @BananaBrick01. Great to have you at Eurobricks and also a warm welcome to Train Tech of course ;)

Tunnel looks somewhat like the Engine Shed!

Hi JopieK - I hadn’t thought of the connection, but I think you’re right! Perhaps because both are two track lengths long (so the same length) and have the hinge to work either side by side or as one long route? 

BananaBrick01

Welcome to EB, enjoy the forums, and you are sure entering with a nice project, best of luck and dont forget to share the progress for the build.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:30 PM, Niku said:

Welcome to EB, enjoy the forums, and you are sure entering with a nice project, best of luck and dont forget to share the progress for the build.

Thanks, Niku - I appreciate it! :)

Welcome in, BananaBrick! best of luck with your idea submission, it looks really cool!!

On 2/5/2022 at 12:58 AM, miccio said:

Welcome in, BananaBrick! best of luck with your idea submission, it looks really cool!!

thanks miccio 😉