Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

54 minutes ago, Killian said:

I do. It gives him an important and useful insight into diversity and tolerance that has had a positive effect on the brand in general. He's been instrumental in improving Lego's policy on inclusion and representation due to his experiences as a member of a minority that he probably wouldn't have considered to such length had he been born with a different sexuality. He's been a force for caring positivity. Unlike certain internet trolls who insult others online hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. :tongue:

Awesome, then next time post something positive and supportive rather than making some ignorant comment. Jackass. 

50 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

What no big figs does to a mf

We live in a society where a lack of DC sets leads to an internet flame war about an entirely separate topic.

To offer my completely unsolicited and uniformed opinion? Not a fan of the VP. Don't know too much about him, but I remember hearing him talk about pushing for the queer eye set, which... oops. It's no "All yellow clones are the same" but still kinda a funny article in retrospect, it'd be like someone bragging about producing Transformers: The Last Knight. (Which, all the Bayverse transformers films are pretty bad, but at least the first 4 were profitable.)

Anyway, for a semblance of on-topic, how about those keychains, huh? Real primo sets. Great stuff.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Anyway, for a semblance of on-topic, how about those keychains, huh? Real primo sets. Great stuff.

A bit last days of Rome, isn’t it? Keychains. 

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

A bit last days of Rome, isn’t it? Keychains. 

More like the last days of royal France:

Handmaiden: "The people are starving, they are hungry for more DC comics LEGO. What will you do to help them?"

Marie Antoinette: "Then let them have keychains!"

(Yes, I know she never said the famous cake line, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up!)

Hey, at least we have that Flash set to look forward to :tongue: And the two mysterious sets with adjacent set numbers that disappeared from this year‘s schedule might be DC too!

On 12/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, RedHoodPug said:

I’m acutely aware of that, but Lego aren’t brave enough to state that out loud, instead using the lack of cinematic output. The excuse doesn’t stick when Marvel sets include characters not seen on the big screen - at least not for a long time. As for sets that will sell, despite Lego not releasing their sales figures I will wager that the Hulkbuster and Black Panther bust have struggled to justify their place on the shelves. Incidentally their excuse is laying the blame squarely at someone else’s (Discovery Warner) feet, rather than looking inward and accepting fault on their own side. 

On 12/5/2022 at 9:41 PM, TheBatstan said:

Looks like Lego is getting ready for Keaton's Batman comeback in more ways besides the single Flash movie set. This keychain is going to be available starting January 1st, and it's the same minifigure from the D2C 1989 Batmobile and Batwing: https://www.lego.com/en-il/product/batman-keyring-854235

If only these keychain minifigures still had removable pieces, it would make the task of getting the cowl and torso/the only exclusive pieces a lot more easier than trying to find a good price for the figure on Bricklink.

On 12/7/2022 at 7:10 PM, Robert8 said:

Wonder Woman 3 is cancelled :hmpf:

This is exactly why TLG cant release DC stuff

They could have released something around the time that Suicide Squad movie came out. I think that was a total missed opportunity.

As much as I like many (*not all all*) of these Marvel releases, I think it would be a good balance to occasionally release characters and vignettes from the actual comics. Lego was on the right track when they came out with that DC CMF series.

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I remember hearing him talk about pushing for the queer eye set, which... oops.

To be totally fair, on paper, it was a cool idea. Too bad I still don't know what Queer Eye is, because otherwise the flat itself looks pretty cool.

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I have mixed feelings on those! I like having Lego Keychains, but I cannot actually use them. I wear my keys on the front pockets, so they pretty much stab me in the legs. I guess I could use them as a bag charm, as a fellow commenter said?

8 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Yes, I know she never said the famous cake line, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up!

Ironically, she did actually say the keychains line!

3 hours ago, Surge said:

do we have a rumored release month for the flash set?

Do we have a rumored release month for the flash movie? 

For that matter, do we have a rumored release year for Ezra Miller? (I don't even think he's in prison even though he totally should be, but I thought the joke was good)

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

For that matter, do we have a rumored release year for Ezra Miller? (I don't even think he's in prison even though he totally should be, but I thought the joke was good)

It was xD

I think we should not worry that much. I expect a huge Wayne Monor and a cmf squeezing some money out of the licence before ending the theme. Even the decision makers at Lego can't be THAT incomprtent after the succes of the minifig scaled batmobiles.

Good play sets would sell to kids as well as collectors, if they put a new villain (Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Azrael...) besides the standard Jokers, Harleys and so on. If Lego is not willing to do so anymore they could at least end the whole thing cashing in on the worst gaps. 

At this point, I‘m expecting a revival of the theme once Gunn & Safran set their plans into motion, so 2024 at the earliest. If they‘re successful, nothing should stand in the way of a proper return of the theme!

29 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

Even Imaginext did a non-licensed Black Adam tie-in:

Which will probably end up warming shelves until the end of time :tongue:

lego harry potter gets 3d stickers but dc gets keychains

I get it lego, you want me to help save the environment by not buying plastic

But honestly lego is so expensive these days so i dun really mind

Edited by thephantasm

If one is interested and inclined to do so, one can search “LEGO Black Adam decal” via the google search engine and there will be an image posted to Flickr that includes the torso and back torso design(s) of the character from “LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham”. It can work as a makeshift Black Adam figure. At some point I’ll make one for myself (I want to get a good kind of paper that doesn’t compromise the integrity of the print and that has a texture closest to the plastic of actual LEGO figures (most decals I’ve seen placed on figures are obviously paper; I want something glossier/smoother that allows for the colors to be printed keeping their intended opacity/richness.))

Edited by SuperSquidman

On 12/11/2022 at 10:35 AM, hikouki said:

Lego was on the right track when they came out with that DC CMF series.

As much as I loved seeing that series they were so off the mark with it, those sold so poorly. They were so oversaturated at that time having also had TLBM S1 and S2 figs that people generally weren't interested in the DC CMF series.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:02 AM, SuperSquidman said:

If one is interested and inclined to do so, one can search “LEGO Black Adam decal” via the google search engine and there will be an image posted to Flickr that includes the torso and back torso design(s) of the character from “LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham”. It can work as a makeshift Black Adam figure. At some point I’ll make one for myself (I want to get a good kind of paper that doesn’t compromise the integrity of the print and that has a texture closest to the plastic of actual LEGO figures (most decals I’ve seen placed on figures are obviously paper; I want something glossier/smoother that allows for the colors to be printed keeping their intended opacity/richness.))

I think dom’s head from the speed champions fast and furious set would be the most accurate, if to you it’s about drive, it’s about power

11 hours ago, TheRedBarron said:

King Namor's hair piece, head:3626cpb2651, torso:973pb2952c01 (swap hands for Nougat hands), legs: 970c00pb1159 (swap for solid black hips). 86038 cape + either black hood is a pretty solid purist custom 

Thank you for mentioning those parts. I’ve seen (at least some of) them used to create some purist Black Adam figures before. They create a pretty good one as you mention but for best accuracy I’ll use the decal(s) (utilizing what’s called the “water method” if I’m not mistaken, which works pretty well for black-torso figures.) I’ll definitely use the 3626cpb2651 clone head as it looks the best to me. Another reason I’m more inclined to use the decals is because they remind me of custom figures from LEGO superhero stop motions (or even just posted to/on the internet) from the late 2000s to the early 2010s. Some would even just paint on the figures. Even if they didn’t look as accurate or neat as they could they’d have a kind of “rawness”, creativity, and passion that was really endearing. 

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

I think dom’s head from the speed champions fast and furious set would be the most accurate, if to you it’s about drive, it’s about power

It can invoke drive and power (which it is sometimes about for me.) I’ll be using the 3626cpb2651 clone head, but the Dom head does kind of have (if it’s used to represent the movie version, which I think is what I may go for more so or mostly so) the Rock’s renowned, eyebrow expression.

(it’s about drive, it’s about power; we stay hungry, we devour; put in the work, put in the hours- AND TAKE, WHAT’S OURS)

(I know it became something of a meme or what have you but it actually got stuck in my head and became an “ear-worm” for a bit after I heard it, partially due to the flow of it I guess.)

Edited by SuperSquidman

4 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

Is there a DC wishlist thread?

At this point, this one

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

At this point, this one

I hope it’s alright to post this here then:

A potential DC CMF Series 2 roster list/wishlist:

Golden Age Superman or Kingdom Come Superman

Dark Knight Returns Batman

A Wonder Woman Variant

Guy Gardner Green Lantern

Lex Luthor In Purple Jacket And Green Pants With Purple Boots

Golden Age Catwoman

Big Barda

DeSaad

Dr. Sivanna (ideally could come with a Mr. Mind “pet” akin to Loki’s Frog Thor from the Marvel Studios CMF)

Dr. Fate

Brainiac (Robot Form/Kenner Super Powers Version) (or Atrocitus instead)

Black Adam

-if there were sixteen figures-

Atrocitus (keeping Brainiac)

Ted Kord Blue Beetle

Doctor Poison

Zatanna