Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I hope the Flash minifig has red and gold dual-molded legs to go along with that arm printing, those would be great for Shazam. 

Ezra Miller’s crimes are disgusting and indefensible but I will still absolutely be buying this set for a new Flash and Keaton minifigure. Like @Mandalorianknight said, it may even be rebranded as a generic DC set, so that would help us feel better about it. 

I don’t think they can just rebrand a set like that, unless they have DC’s full blessing. And would they really want merch that was clearly intended to advertise their new movie to instead be a generic Flash product?

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don’t think they can just rebrand a set like that, unless they have DC’s full blessing. And would they really want merch that was clearly intended to advertise their new movie to instead be a generic Flash product?

I think it’s unlikely but it could always be one of those things where they throw the character into a Batman set to coincide with the film, like they did with Shazam and Suicide Squad, and not making sets directly based on the film. The leaked torso doesn’t really look like the new suit we’ve seen from the movie. 

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I know right? It's very strange, not to mention the small community claiming Ezra Miller is innocent.

Well, there are always "x is innocent" people, but what almost worries me more is all the people ignoring it. Like, this guy's done some seriously horrible stuff, and we're just going to pretend he didn't? Like, I'd get it if it was a celebrity tweeting something controversial, because you can (and I have) make the argument for freedom of speech and how it doesn't affect the movie, but this guy's committed multiple violent crimes and is getting away scot-free.

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Ezra Miller’s crimes are disgusting and indefensible but I will still absolutely be buying this set for a new Flash and Keaton minifigure. Like @Mandalorianknight said, it may even be rebranded as a generic DC set, so that would help us feel better about it. 

Yeah same. I should clarify that I don't think buying the set is some sort of defense of Ezra Miller. Though I do still hope they rebrand it just because I really don't think they should release the flash movie, at least not while Miller's out of jail.

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I hope the Flash minifig has red and gold dual-molded legs to go along with that arm printing, those would be great for Shazam.

No way we get dual molded red and golden legs. That wouldn't happen on a theme that actually sells, let alone DC.

57 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I do still hope they rebrand it

Maybe they can replace The Flash minifigure for another Batman minifigure, we don't get enough of those.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Torso is a bit rough, but I have to agree with @Legocity2713 that it's the best set of the year. This assumably means they're producing the set, right? I wonder if they'll make it a generic DC set and pretend it's not based on the flash, or if they, like the rest of the world, have just conveniently forgotten about all this guy's crimes.

(Seriously, this is like my hill to die on now. People have done much, much less to get excommunicated from hollywood forever, but Ezra Miller does an any% geneva convention speedrun and they're still gonna finish the movie?)

Lego DID cancel the Overwatch 2 sets, and the situation then was (somehow) tamer than Ezra's. So it wouldn't be unprecedented.

But on the other hand, the Flash minifigure wouldnt really look like Ezra at all, so I can imagine Lego turning a blind eye on the controversy. Especially considering that'll probably be our only DC set for 2023.

Like sure, it might be controversial, but it's not like they're making a Speed Champions set of OJ's white bronco or something like that.

48 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Maybe they can replace The Flash minifigure for another Batman minifigure, we don't get enough of those.

Oh, you've seen the Bat-Cycle chase set from my DC moc wave?

Jokes aside honestly just release the exact same set and don't put the flash branding on it. The suit doesn't look much like the movie suit anyway.

54 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Lego DID cancel the Overwatch 2 sets, and the situation then was (somehow) tamer than Ezra's. So it wouldn't be unprecedented.

But on the other hand, the Flash minifigure wouldnt really look like Ezra at all, so I can imagine Lego turning a blind eye on the controversy. Especially considering that'll probably be our only DC set for 2023.

Like sure, it might be controversial, but it's not like they're making a Speed Champions set of OJ's white bronco or something like that.

That's like, that's what gets me most here. With Overwatch, yeah apparently the people there were jerks, but as far as I know they weren't on some assault/kidnapping spree. And the set wasn't like a "Blizzard headquarters" set, it was of the game. For this, your main actor is some sort of criminal maniac. Now granted, I don't think they should have cancelled the overwatch set. 

Honstly I think they should just rebrand the set as generic DC. Maybe throw in a red hairpiece and say the flash in it is Wally West.

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Perchance

31 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's like, that's what gets me most here. With Overwatch, yeah apparently the people there were jerks, but as far as I know they weren't on some assault/kidnapping spree. And the set wasn't like a "Blizzard headquarters" set, it was of the game. For this, your main actor is some sort of criminal maniac.

Not to get into a nuanced discussion of Bizzard and Miller's crimes, but it's a very weird situation overall.

Seems apparent at this point that the set is not canceled (for now, at the very least), so I guess we can only wait and see

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Lego morbius and ezra miller, they're going for a homerun

They’ll go along well with the Amber Heard and two previous Ezra Millers we already have

Gotta say, either that Flash torso is fake, they’re reusing the arms from the Nutcracker minifig from CMF 23 or the arms were just added for that snapshot and aren’t the arms that will really be used. Don’t think it’s common for Lego to add arms with printing from one minifig to another but I could be wrong. Someone please feel free to share what you think of this.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Jokes aside honestly just release the exact same set and don't put the flash branding on it. The suit doesn't look much like the movie suit anyway.

That's like, that's what gets me most here. With Overwatch, yeah apparently the people there were jerks, but as far as I know they weren't on some assault/kidnapping spree. And the set wasn't like a "Blizzard headquarters" set, it was of the game. For this, your main actor is some sort of criminal maniac. Now granted, I don't think they should have cancelled the overwatch set. 

Honstly I think they should just rebrand the set as generic DC. Maybe throw in a red hairpiece and say the flash in it is Wally West.

Not to get too deep into the weeds on the Activision-Blizzard thing, but it's probably "worse" than the Ezra Miller stuff since the current evidence all but confirms that at least one employee took her own life because of the abuse she suffered at the company. Granted it's not a one-to-one since Miller is a lone agent, but either way both are pretty gross situations and it's rather off-putting for Lego to be involved in any capacity with either. 

Do we have any word on what we might be getting for DC next year aside from the Flash set? I don't follow this theme to closely but I think it'd be sad if there's nothing early next year.

Edited by Meadius
Typo

9 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

The leaked torso doesn’t really look like the new suit we’ve seen from the movie. 

I think that's just because of the poor lighting from where the picture was taken. If you look closer at it you can kind of see the lines and details that look to be the same as the ones on the actual suit torso. They even got the giant gap between the lightning belt right (seriously, it's so far apart, can it even be called a belt at this point?).

FTpZl-RVUAAkIog.jpg

On 10/30/2022 at 9:55 PM, Moon_Knight said:

Gotta say, either that Flash torso is fake, they’re reusing the arms from the Nutcracker minifig from CMF 23 or the arms were just added for that snapshot and aren’t the arms that will really be used. Don’t think it’s common for Lego to add arms with printing from one minifig to another but I could be wrong. Someone please feel free to share what you think of this.

On the one hand, I think you're right. The arms certainly look to be the same, which is a very weird choice, given the fact the printed colour doesn't match with the golden print of the torso, and definetly won't match with any hands they end up using.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:06 AM, TheBatstan said:

I think that's just because of the poor lighting from where the picture was taken. If you look closer at it you can kind of see the lines and details that look to be the same as the ones on the actual suit torso. They even got the giant gap between the lightning belt right (seriously, it's so far apart, can it even be called a belt at this point?).

But on the other hand, the torso looks *exactly* like what Lego would do to represent this? Like, if it were a bootleg brand or a custom, it would definetly be way, way too over detailed with more lines across everything. 

What a weird situation, oh bother.

Think the torso looks fine, the abs are not as defined as on the padded suit (but then the Flash is hardly a bodybuilder or gym enjoyer so no problem). There is a subtle texture in the print which matches the real suit so overall I think it’s a nice piece that’s not too overdetailed.

Edited by JekPorkchops

13 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

i did notice that the arms looked off and not like they do on the actual suit, nice catch that its the nutcracker tho

That is definitely a torso that will look better in good lighting, and will most likely look perfectly fine. I wonder if they'll give a new mask piece or reuse one of the previous ones.

The torso also had arms with gold printing on the cuffs. I don't recognize that so arm printing at least. I also don't think the dual-mold red and gold boots are that unlikely. They did that pearl silver for Fish eye or whatever that guys name in Harry Potter is(and that was in like a $30 set). I mean I'm also expecting something nice for Michael Keatons figure too. I mean I doubt they use the mold from the UCS sets. 

6 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

The torso also had arms with gold printing on the cuffs. I don't recognize that so arm printing at least. I also don't think the dual-mold red and gold boots are that unlikely. They did that pearl silver for Fish eye or whatever that guys name in Harry Potter is(and that was in like a $30 set). I mean I'm also expecting something nice for Michael Keatons figure too. I mean I doubt they use the mold from the UCS sets. 

As the guy two posts above you said, it's just the Nutcracker arm printing. It's probably not going to be on the actual figure

My guess is the Keaton suit is just a new torso print on an otherwise standard black suit batman with type 2 cowl.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As the guy two posts above you said, it's just the Nutcracker arm printing. It's probably not going to be on the actual figure

My guess is the Keaton suit is just a new torso print on an otherwise standard black suit batman with type 2 cowl.

On one hand, I’d be so incredibly disappointed if they didn’t use the cape/cowl mold from the UCS sets. But on the other, if he did have the mold he wouldn’t fit into the Batmobile. So unfortunately I think you’re correct that it’ll just be type 2 cowl. I just hope at the very least we’ll get a new cowl mold for the flash minifig. But the fact that they didn’t give Batman a new mold when The Batman was basically DC’s big film of the year, makes it very possible that they may just reuse the JL one. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but type 1 cowl would be the way to go for Keaton.

He has longer ears and his chin is actually covered by the mask, so that would be my pick here.

29 minutes ago, Nylock said:

But the fact that they didn’t give Batman a new mold when The Batman was basically DC’s big film of the year, makes it very possible that they may just reuse the JL one. 

I'm still very dissapointed at that. In Lego scale, a new mold for Pattinson could've been easily reused for West.

7 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but type 1 cowl would be the way to go for Keaton.

He has longer ears and his chin is actually covered by the mask, so that would be my pick here.

I'm still very dissapointed at that. In Lego scale, a new mold for Pattinson could've been easily reused for West.

Honestly, I can totally see the type 1 cowl working too. But I wonder, do they still have that mold? Cause I think it hasn’t been used since 2012/2013. And I completely agree, they could’ve used a new cowl mold for far more than just Pattinson. But alas. 

I wonder when the flash set is gonna come out, since we saw the torso it makes me believe it’ll come out at the beginning of the year. But do we even know when the flash film is releasing?

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

You're thinking I mean the type 3 cowl. Type 1 was the original Batman sets, type 2 is the current chinstrap one, type 3 is the one without the chinstrap.

And yeah, Pattinson really needed a new mold.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're thinking I mean the type 3 cowl. Type 1 was the original Batman sets, type 2 is the current chinstrap one, type 3 is the one without the chinstrap.

Well that's embarrasing

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Well that's embarrasing

Feel bad. I definately knew that there were 3 cowl types before 2 years ago. Definately.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Feel bad. I definately knew that there were 3 cowl types before 2 years ago. Definately.

There’s 5 types now. Do keep up.