Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Right, so Lego can’t make DC sets because there hasn’t been enough related output to base things on. But  Lego can make goofy mechs including one who isn’t even in the MCU proper, a set inspired by a non-MCU film because of a meme, a set based on a 5 year old film, and another on a 10 year old film. 

its not really that complicated, Marvel is popular right now, and Dc is not, they are going to make sets that they can sell, and they sell mostly to kids so yeah cheap mechs with characters that kids know/like, thats also why when they do make Dc sets they include Batman. 

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

its not really that complicated, Marvel is popular right now, and Dc is not, they are going to make sets that they can sell, and they sell mostly to kids so yeah cheap mechs with characters that kids know/like, thats also why when they do make Dc sets they include Batman. 

I’m acutely aware of that, but Lego aren’t brave enough to state that out loud, instead using the lack of cinematic output. The excuse doesn’t stick when Marvel sets include characters not seen on the big screen - at least not for a long time. As for sets that will sell, despite Lego not releasing their sales figures I will wager that the Hulkbuster and Black Panther bust have struggled to justify their place on the shelves. Incidentally their excuse is laying the blame squarely at someone else’s (Discovery Warner) feet, rather than looking inward and accepting fault on their own side. 

It seems the 2023 sets in general are something of a step-up in quality (though that may be due to an increase in or added vibrancy to the renders and box art (or it could be all of the above.))

With this increase in different regards, I hope (and I guess even have a bit of a feeling) that LEGO throws DC a pretty big bone in the summer.

5 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

All these sets are being revealed left and right and I’m over here like, “Flash set? Technic Batcycle? Anything?”

There are no sets scheduled for January though :tongue:

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Of course there isn’t *sigh*

Edited by The Pearson

On 12/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Did I miss a change in the Technic bat cycles release? I thought that was always supposed to be January? I know the Flash/Batmobile set got delayed but I never heard the same for this.

Looks like Lego is getting ready for Keaton's Batman comeback in more ways besides the single Flash movie set. This keychain is going to be available starting January 1st, and it's the same minifigure from the D2C 1989 Batmobile and Batwing: https://www.lego.com/en-il/product/batman-keyring-854235

If only these keychain minifigures still had removable pieces, it would make the task of getting the cowl and torso/the only exclusive pieces a lot more easier than trying to find a good price for the figure on Bricklink.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Wonder Woman 3 is cancelled :hmpf:

This is exactly why TLG cant release DC stuff

Well, the studio has turned down Patty Jenkins’s treatment, so the film in its current form has been halted. It wasn’t even rolling with a projected release date, so it’s not like Lego sets were in the factory waiting to be pulled. Gal Gadot has stated that she’s up for another turn, so who knows. 

I think it is all just restructuring. I've seen many people online upset at the Wonder Woman announcement but I think its because Wonder Woman 3 would hav to connect to the first two and since it looks like a soft reboot I think they will just come out with a new Wonder Woman movie more focused on their new continuity.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:41 PM, TheBatstan said:

Looks like Lego is getting ready for Keaton's Batman comeback in more ways besides the single Flash movie set. This keychain is going to be available starting January 1st, and it's the same minifigure from the D2C 1989 Batmobile and Batwing: https://www.lego.com/en-il/product/batman-keyring-854235

If only these keychain minifigures still had removable pieces, it would make the task of getting the cowl and torso/the only exclusive pieces a lot more easier than trying to find a good price for the figure on Bricklink.

I find this too bulky for a keychain. I'd have to use that as bag charm or something

I've purposely stopped paying attention to the DC leaks and rumors right now. I'm going to wait until they make a new slate. The only things I want them to keep are Battinson and Joker as elseworlds. As much as I love the Snyder cut and would like to see the sequels as an animated film or something, I think the right move right now is to "clear the board. Start again. Everything will change. And some of those changes may be... megablocks, and we may make the same mistakes again. It won't be perfect, but it'll be a long sight better than what we got now." I liked the Snyder trinity, but for a truly new universe, we need new actors. It needs to be clear to the GA that this is something new.

My current project is nearing completion and I'll be moving to do a Batman/DC Wave 2. (I'm also thinking of calling these "world's finest" or something with having another hero in every set) This is my current list, but suggestions are welcome. Remember that I'm trying to make it as something lego could realistically do (aside from, you know, them having sets at all). In spoiler for space only.

Spoiler

Green Lantern Mech ($9.99): Kyle Rayner

Flash Mech ($9.99): Flash

Superman Mech ($9.99): Superman

Parademon attack ($14.99): Batman wingpack, Cyborg, and 2 Parademons with a small rooftop build containing an explode feature.

Clayface showdown ($24.99): Clayface monster, Batman, Batgirl, and a clayface minifig (in addition to the monster)

Bat-Tank ($39.99): Bat-Tank with Batman, Jason Todd's Robin, Wonder Woman, and Ares.

Dragon attack on Gotham ($49.99): Bat-copter and a dragon like the one from Shazam: Fury of the Gods. Comes with Batman, Shazam, Mary Marvel, Firefly, and Dr. Sivana.

Doomsday ($99.99): Massive Batman mech and a rubble build with explode features. Comes with Hellbat Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Flash, and a Doomsday bigfig. 

If anyone has different figure counts, pricing, etc for the existing sets, or ideas for a sixth set at any price point, let me know.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Remember that I'm trying to make it as something lego could realistically do 

bigfig

I'm not sure Lego still do bigfigs... It's been a while and The Hulk, Thanos, Rhino etc have appeared as minifigs recently. Wish they'd release a statement confirming whether we're going to see them again or not

2 hours ago, Killian said:

I'm not sure Lego still do bigfigs... It's been a while and The Hulk, Thanos, Rhino etc have appeared as minifigs recently. Wish they'd release a statement confirming whether we're going to see them again or not

Big figs are not canceled 

On 12/8/2022 at 4:10 AM, Robert8 said:

Wonder Woman 3 is cancelled :hmpf:

This is exactly why TLG cant release DC stuff

Good.

LEGO will start releasing sets when James Gunn and Peter Safran set their plan into motion.

23 hours ago, Killian said:

Didn't we just have a Thanos bigfig just last year? And they repurposed the large head mould in the upcoming CNY parade set.

21 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Didn't we just have a Thanos bigfig just last year? And they repurposed the large head mould in the upcoming CNY parade set.

You mean 76192? So almost 17 months since our last BigFig. Feels like Lego are really committed to giving us less plastic. 

Just tweeted everyone's favourite Homosexual Vice President of Plastic Brick Design Matthew Ashton to ask about Bigfigs.

Edited by Killian
Capitalising a P

2 minutes ago, Killian said:

You mean 76192? So almost 17 months since our last BigFig. Feels like Lego are really committed to giving us less plastic. 

Just tweeted everyone's favourite Homosexual Vice President of Plastic Brick Design Matthew Ashton to ask about Bigfigs.

I did not realize it has been that long. Wasn't it also the first one to feature the new headpiece? Perhaps they're just reworking the mould. Rooting for a Rhino bigfig myself.

1 hour ago, Killian said:

What a freaking ignorant comment. Who the hell cares what his sexuality is? Moron. 

1 hour ago, djmangunz said:

What a freaking ignorant comment. Who the hell cares what his sexuality is? Moron. 

I do. It gives him an important and useful insight into diversity and tolerance that has had a positive effect on the brand in general. He's been instrumental in improving Lego's policy on inclusion and representation due to his experiences as a member of a minority that he probably wouldn't have considered to such length had he been born with a different sexuality. He's been a force for caring positivity. Unlike certain internet trolls who insult others online hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. :tongue:

Edited by Killian

2 hours ago, Killian said:

5 minutes ago, Killian said:

I do. He's cute

....aight, so ignoring that last bit.... no. Minifigs are not dead. Stop telling people this. Multiple reliable leakers have said they're not dead. And really? Your evidence is that it's been 17 months? We've routinely gone a year or so between bigfigs. another half year or even a full two years isn't that weird.