Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Those were social media reactions not reviews

Also I may have jumped onto the mafex dc bandwagon, if lego dc does ever make a comeback I may not spend as much on it

Edited by thephantasm

mr MxyzpItk from a book on falconfans insta 

reallyyyy hope he becomes a real fig sometime soon 🙏 

Just now, Surge said:

mr MxyzpItk from a book on falconfans insta 

reallyyyy hope he becomes a real fig sometime soon 🙏 

It's crazy that lego Mxyzpltk has been in a non-lego superman comic, but hasn't been in an actual set.

Also, here's that DC wave if anyone was interested. Between this and @Robert8's CMF you can almost pretend they're set leaks if you get high enough on copium.

I certainly hope that Mxyzptlk makes it into a set.  Really, any set with Superman in it would be welcome at this point, considering I'm pretty sure the last Kal-El/Clark Kent Superman we got was in the CMF almost 3 years ago, and the last one included in a set was in 2018 I believe.

Scarecrow, Clayface and Professor Pyg making their way into The Batman universe. Let's hope this theme will be a still a thing by then. That might be the good change to get a Clayface minifigure

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I certainly hope that Mxyzptlk makes it into a set.  Really, any set with Superman in it would be welcome at this point, considering I'm pretty sure the last Kal-El/Clark Kent Superman we got was in the CMF almost 3 years ago, and the last one included in a set was in 2018 I believe.

Yup. It's been almost 3 years without Superman, and almost 5 without one in a system set. It's weird that our next one might be Henry Cavill again. (But I'm not complaining!)

5 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Dont expect matt reeve's clayface to be powered

I've reading comments like this in social media: that Clayface will likely be just a dude with a skin condition that makes it look mud-like

I really hope this wont be the case. I think its possible to make a "serious" or "realistic" Batman movie with villains like Mr Freeze or Posion Ivy. Obviously I'd be difficult to make work but well... that's their job. They have more than enough time to work on it. 

Edited by Robert8

The Mxyzptlk figure from that book is the same design as his LEGO DC Supervillains counterpart, and unfortunately those designs don’t translate into real life anymore (especially a few years after the fact). It’s cool that they’re acknowledging him though I guess. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I've reading comments like this in social media: that Clayface will likely be just a dude with a skin condition that makes it look mud-like

I really hope this wont be the case. I think its possible to make a "serious" or "realistic" Batman movie with villains like Mr Freeze or Posion Ivy. Obviously I'd be difficult to make work but well... that's their job. They have more than eunogh time to work on it. 

Read what matt reeves has said about meta humans/powers

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…grasping at straws, aren‘t we? :tongue: When was the last time a random book illustration actually foreshadowed an upcoming set/minifig?

Klarion

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Klarion

*insert stop stop he‘s already dead meme here*

Ouch. I will never forgive whoever came up with that Tower of Fate bullsh*t

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I really hope this wont be the case. I think its possible to make a "serious" or "realistic" Batman movie with villains like Mr Freeze or Posion Ivy. Obviously I'd be difficult to make work but well... that's their job. They have more than enough time to work on it. 

Or he'll just be a dude with a clay mask...

They need to get back to the more fantasy-inspired stuff, this hyper-realistic Batman trend has run its course.

I am very surprised we did not see clay face as a minifigure by now. Vidiyo introduced the perfect headpiece and there seems to be lots of people waiting him. I am not that much into the comics. Is clayface in human size a big deal in some iterations? I just know him from the Arkham City game as a huge Monster pretty much perfectly represented in the TLBM set.

Another rough week or month for dc

Being a dc fan develops resilience lol

Edited by thephantasm

After watching the Black Adam movie, I definitely wish that LEGO had given us a 2-3 set wave for it.  The Intergang Hovercraft, Hawk Cruiser, and a buildable Atom Smasher would have been no-brainers for set builds.  At least Spin Master was willing to do the two vehicles.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Honestly I thought black adam was pretty bad (my theatre had a free showing thursday night, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered), but I really liked the Justice Society and would totally have bought a Hawk Cruiser. It seems like such a no-brainer for a set, I'm surprised they didn't make it.

Also, I know this is somewhat unrelated, but 

Spoiler

WHY does intergang own kandaq? Like, what? What possible reason does a mercenary group have for controlling an entire country? It seems like they just want the crown, but they don't need control of the country to search for that? It's just such an absurd notion to me.

On 10/19/2022 at 12:52 AM, Robert8 said:

Scarecrow, Clayface and Professor Pyg making their way into The Batman universe. Let's hope this theme will be a still a thing by then. That might be the good change to get a Clayface minifigure

We need the Ventriloquist in a movie I think he’s got serious potential.  A movie with Professor Pyg would be another version of saw.😂. I think Mr Freeze will be used for the Batman 2 though.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Black adam was pretty bad

Who'd thought!

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We already have the perfect headpiece for a ClayFace minifigure too so there's no excuse for not making him.

They're not even using the mold! It's going to go to waste, so they might as well do Clayface once and for all.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I think Mr Freeze will be used for the Batman 2 though.

Is this that "Bryan Cranston should play mr freeze and be the Batman 2 villain" fan thing that's been going around?

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Who'd thought!

Look, I don't know what you were told, but I was promised that the hierarchy of power in the DC universe was about to change.

Jokes aside I didn't think it would be any good. I was pleasantly surprised by the Justice Society, but the rock...a movie where he's just doing CGI powers and stuff does kinda show that he has one character he plays in every movie-tough guy with snarky humor. Also, that was the most annoying kid sidekick I've seen since early Damian Wayne.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

... but the rock...a movie where he's just doing CGI powers and stuff does kinda show that he has one character he plays in every movie-tough guy with snarky humor...

I thought this would be a change for the Rock but it seems I am wrong. I will see it anyway for the JSA but my expectations have been lowered now.