Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 9/8/2022 at 8:55 PM, The Pearson said:

Man, I wish there were Black Adam sets.

Me too. I was actually expecting and hoping for comic tie in sets for both this and the Shazam sequel. Even if they were up against a Bat villain or whatever, I wanted to see Mary Marvel and Shazam in figure form. Similarly was hoping for a comic Hawkman to fight against a comic Black Adam around the time of the films release. It was disappointing to say the least.

as for this theme, I have kind of a different perspective. DC had Teen Titans Go as its main cartoon for some time, with You g Justice having been on and off, declining in quality and I don’t have cable to know if it was kept on Cartoon Network the way TTG was. Pair that with the underperforming both critically and commercially of a cinematic universe they both kept rebooting and delaying/cancelling films for, and Lego has almost no cartoon or cinematic content to work with. With the DC brand in decline amongst audiences I don’t think its just Legos design philosophy that has held back this theme. I do think it played a part. But largely, I suspect the constant failure of the little cinematic and animated content DC has produced over the years, paired with how little of it there was to begin with, has left this theme looking like a financial risk. I do think Lego could choose to produce figures and builds inspired by cartoons or comics of the past, but I also think DC and Warner Bros have been too messy for too long and tainted their brand so bad that they gave the company so little to work with in the first place.

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised we're not getting Teen Titans Go sets (or at least sets with the characters).

Warner loves to run the show 24/7 on Cartoon Network, sl kids know for sure who the characters are.

I am totally aware they were in Lego Dimensions but that pretty much does not count.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised we're not getting Teen Titans Go sets (or at least sets with the characters).

Warner loves to run the show 24/7 on Cartoon Network, sl kids know for sure who the characters are.

I am totally aware they were in Lego Dimensions but that pretty much does not count.

The closest we got was probably Jokerland with 3 of the Titans in it. It’s crazy that we still haven’t gotten a proper Raven figure yet. 

3 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

The closest we got was probably Jokerland with 3 of the Titans in it. It’s crazy that we still haven’t gotten a proper Raven figure yet. 

What’s crazier is we got a proper Blue Beetle in wide release before her. 

You know, the biggest shame in not getting DC sets is knowing we won’t get Giganta as one of those Brick built figures they made Harry and Hermione in. That build style of oversized Giant figure would work so well for a few DC characters its a shame we likely won’t see official use of it. Giganta, Apache Chief, and Atom Smasher would all be great sets to get in this form and I wouldn’t even be mad if them made them a little bigger if possible. Also given how each of those characters “grows”, meaning we’d likely get mini figures in said sets as well is so damning. It would have so much potential.

we could get classic Giganta in her cheetah print torn dress, with a Wonder Woman figure and Giganta mini figure. Considering this classic design was used in super friends it could also be used as an opportunity to throw a character from the show in a set as well. My personal pick would be Toyman.

But we could also get contemporary Giganta with her short hair and black and yellow spandex suit. Given the use of this in the DC online game of the mid 2000’s you can throw a range of figures in to match, but again at least a standard figure of said suit.

and we can also get JLU cartoon Giganta with her ponytail and pink dress. My personal picks for figures accompanying said set would be parademons to recreate the finale invasion scene, Atomic Skull, and Lex Luthor

Apache Chief could also be a giant figure with either young justice/super friends related accompanying figures.

And I know I’m beating a dead horse here but a giant Atom Smasher with Justice Society figures to pair? Imagine getting wild cat in a set with a giant Atom Smasher. Feels like this building method for giant figures is so tempting/fitting for DC it sucks we likely won’t get any of these. 

notes: I’d rather get Trigon built similar to the Monkey Kid mech so he has long limbs. I feel it would suit his devilish look better. I also don’t know many Marvel characters besides Giant Man who would benefit from this seeing as I think Galactus would have to be much bigger than the buildable Hermione/Harry sets we got. 

Edited by cosmic

10 hours ago, cosmic said:

You know, the biggest shame in not getting DC sets is knowing we won’t get Giganta as one of those Brick built figures they made Harry and Hermione in. That build style of oversized Giant figure would work so well for a few DC characters its a shame we likely won’t see official use of it. Giganta, Apache Chief, and Atom Smasher would all be great sets to get in this form and I wouldn’t even be mad if them made them a little bigger if possible. Also given how each of those characters “grows”, meaning we’d likely get mini figures in said sets as well is so damning. It would have so much potential.

No ofense, but I would personally go insane if we got a Gianta set before anything Superman related

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

No ofense, but I would personally go insane if we got a Gianta set before anything Superman related

I mean it could be argued we’ve gotten more of the Flash’s gallery than Superman’s. I do agree we are sorely missing Superman content, I have to say, Wonder Woman is big enough to carry her own sets as well. 

its a good point though. Lego’s lack of utilizing Superman or Teen Titan related content is strange. I would have otherwise perceived those characters to be big enough to lead their own sets.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Batman is what sells, it should be easy to make a Batman wave with a leaguer in each set like they used too. A wave like:

Spoiler

Batman Mech ($9.99): Black and LBG batman mech with the wave standard black and LBG batman.

Joker Mech ($9.99): Joker (purple suit)

Wonder Woman Mech ($9.99): Wonder Woman

Bat-cycle: Reverse flash chase ($14.99): more accurately sized bat-cycle and a street corner. Comes with Batman, Flash, and Reverse Flash

Batboat: Black Manta attack ($29.99): Small batboat with a function to launch a jet ski out of it, as well as a small bit of docks. Comes with Batman, Aquaman, and Black Manta.

Batmobile: Kryptonite mech ambush ($39.99): Keaton-styled batmobile and a Lex Luthor mech in the vein of the standard $10 mechs. Comes with batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, and Joker.

Batwing: War of Light ($69.99): Batwing, green construct jet and giant fist, and a small lantern forge or something. Comes with Batman, Hal Jordan, Jon Stewart, Sinestro, Larfleeze, and Atrocitus.

Batcave breakout ($99.99): Batcave with batcomputer, prision cell, suit rack, and justice league alert button (Hinting at a watchtower D2C). Comes with Batman, Bruce Wayne, a Stealth suit, an armored suit, Robin (Dick Grayson), Alfred, Penguin, and Bane.

D2C: Hall of Justice ($349.99): Hall of justice with exterior fountain and interior conference room, computer screen, armory/collection, etc. Comes with superfriends versions of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Wonder Twins, Flash, Robin, Plastic man, Green Arrow, Lex Luthor, Black Manta, Giganta, Toyman, Bizarro, Scarecrow, Captain Cold, Solomon Grundy, Brainiac, and Grodd.

I have so many ideas, wave 2:

Spoiler

Green Lantern Mech ($9.99): Kyle Rayner

Flash Mech ($9.99): Flash

Superman Mech ($9.99): Superman

Bat-Pack: Parademon attack ($14.99): Batman wingpack, Cyborg, and 2 Parademons with a small rooftop build containing an explode feature.

Bat-Tank: Wonder-Woman team up ($29.99): Bat-Tank with Batman, Wonder Woman, and Ares.

Bat-copter: Dragon assault ($49.99): Bat-copter and a dragon like the one from Shazam: Fury of the Gods. Comes with Batman, Shazam, Mary Marvel, and Dr. Sivana.

Bat-Pods: Gotham Knights ($59.99): 2x oversized motorcycles, a small building facade, and a bit of frozen terrain. Comes with Robin (tim drake), Red Hood, Nightwing, Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, and 2x Talon.

Bat-Mech: Doomsday ($99.99): Massive Batman mech and a rubble build with explode features. Comes with Hellbat Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Flash, and a Doomsday bigfig. 

D2C: The Watchtower ($299.99): Watchtower with a stand and plaque. Somewhat of an interior with the bridge, conference room, cafeteria, and a small area with an escape pod and Question's room. Comes with (All JLU-inspired versions): Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Jon Stewart, Huntress, The Question, Mr. Terrific, Flash, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Supergirl, Orion, Aquaman, Joker, Lex Luthor, Grodd, Cheetah, evil supergirl, and Darkseid.

Honestly if people want I might make some of these.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Batman is what sells, it should be easy to make a Batman wave with a leaguer in each set like they used too. A wave like:

Reveal hidden contents

Batman Mech ($9.99): Black and LBG batman mech with the wave standard black and LBG batman.

Joker Mech ($9.99): Joker (purple suit)

Wonder Woman Mech ($9.99): Wonder Woman

Bat-cycle: Reverse flash chase ($14.99): more accurately sized bat-cycle and a street corner. Comes with Batman, Flash, and Reverse Flash

Batboat: Black Manta attack ($29.99): Small batboat with a function to launch a jet ski out of it, as well as a small bit of docks. Comes with Batman, Aquaman, and Black Manta.

Batmobile: Kryptonite mech ambush ($39.99): Keaton-styled batmobile and a Lex Luthor mech in the vein of the standard $10 mechs. Comes with batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, and Joker.

Batwing: War of Light ($69.99): Batwing, green construct jet and giant fist, and a small lantern forge or something. Comes with Batman, Hal Jordan, Jon Stewart, Sinestro, Larfleeze, and Atrocitus.

Batcave breakout ($99.99): Batcave with batcomputer, prision cell, suit rack, and justice league alert button (Hinting at a watchtower D2C). Comes with Batman, Bruce Wayne, a Stealth suit, an armored suit, Robin (Dick Grayson), Alfred, Penguin, and Bane.

D2C: Hall of Justice ($349.99): Hall of justice with exterior fountain and interior conference room, computer screen, armory/collection, etc. Comes with superfriends versions of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Wonder Twins, Flash, Robin, Plastic man, Green Arrow, Lex Luthor, Black Manta, Giganta, Toyman, Bizarro, Scarecrow, Captain Cold, Solomon Grundy, Brainiac, and Grodd.

I have so many ideas, wave 2:

Reveal hidden contents

Green Lantern Mech ($9.99): Kyle Rayner

Flash Mech ($9.99): Flash

Superman Mech ($9.99): Superman

Bat-Pack: Parademon attack ($14.99): Batman wingpack, Cyborg, and 2 Parademons with a small rooftop build containing an explode feature.

Bat-Tank: Wonder-Woman team up ($29.99): Bat-Tank with Batman, Wonder Woman, and Ares.

Bat-copter: Dragon assault ($49.99): Bat-copter and a dragon like the one from Shazam: Fury of the Gods. Comes with Batman, Shazam, Mary Marvel, and Dr. Sivana.

Bat-Pods: Gotham Knights ($59.99): 2x oversized motorcycles, a small building facade, and a bit of frozen terrain. Comes with Robin (tim drake), Red Hood, Nightwing, Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, and 2x Talon.

Bat-Mech: Doomsday ($99.99): Massive Batman mech and a rubble build with explode features. Comes with Hellbat Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Flash, and a Doomsday bigfig. 

D2C: The Watchtower ($299.99): Watchtower with a stand and plaque. Somewhat of an interior with the bridge, conference room, cafeteria, and a small area with an escape pod and Question's room. Comes with (All JLU-inspired versions): Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Jon Stewart, Huntress, The Question, Mr. Terrific, Flash, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Supergirl, Orion, Aquaman, Joker, Lex Luthor, Grodd, Cheetah, evil supergirl, and Darkseid.

Honestly if people want I might make some of these.

You could create all of these sets and manage to avoid the dreaded black suit Batman. Heck, you could create these sets and have a different Batman in each one. These are all sets I would merrily blow my money on, having raised it first obviously.

Incidentally how long did it take you to come up with these concepts?

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

You could create all of these sets and manage to avoid the dreaded black suit Batman. Heck, you could create these sets and have a different Batman in each one. These are all sets I would merrily blow my money on, having raised it first obviously.

Incidentally how long did it take you to come up with these concepts?

Maybe a half hour total? *I should clairfy, that's a half hour where I was responding to emails, listening to a podcast, etc while doing this. Not a half hour of focused work* Pretty fast at first but it took while to come up with some of the wave 2 sets and check to make sure the rosters for the D2Cs were correct. (I haven't seen either series in full, just certain episodes)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe a half hour total? *I should clairfy, that's a half hour where I was responding to emails, listening to a podcast, etc while doing this. Not a half hour of focused work* Pretty fast at first but it took while to come up with some of the wave 2 sets and check to make sure the rosters for the D2Cs were correct. (I haven't seen either series in full, just certain episodes)

Not to pour scorn on Lego set designers, but there's been plenty of sets that were less well thought out than yours, and they would have had more time to finalise them.

Just had a realization, remember when the old UCS tumbler came out they had a raffle for a special UCS batpod set. We should get a ucs patpod now that we have a new tumbler set. I am surprised we also haven't gotten it in minifig scale. It would also allow for a Harvey Dent or maybe Gordon minifigure !

4 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

Just had a realization, remember when the old UCS tumbler came out they had a raffle for a special UCS batpod set. We should get a ucs patpod now that we have a new tumbler set. I am surprised we also haven't gotten it in minifig scale. It would also allow for a Harvey Dent or maybe Gordon minifigure !

I´d love a minifig version :)

On 10/1/2022 at 7:15 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Not to pour scorn on Lego set designers, but there's been plenty of sets that were less well thought out than yours, and they would have had more time to finalise them.

Thank you! 

As an update, I've finished the 6 smallest sets (sort of cheating: The mechs are all pretty similar, and I already had a Batboat and Batmobile for something else I was working on but never finished or posted.) Tomorrow I'll move onto the War of light set. I'm definately not doing the D2C, something with that many parts would crash my computer, but all the other wave 1 sets should be complete by Halloween. If people like it, I might build wave 2, and I already have some ideas for a Wave 3 cooking. This could turn into a yearly thing, like my SW community wishlist one. (which was sort of semi-yearly this time, but that was just because it took me like 6 months to do it, and the second one only took 2 months... eh). 
Most of it's fine, but I'm pretty excited to show off my non-oversized brick built batcycle, as well as my Batmobile that's been around for like 6 months without being posted.

8 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

I could see a UCS version being the 2023 UCS Bat-vehicle (if we get one at all). A minifig-scale one is less likely and would probably be super oversized, but I welcome any new sets from the best live action batman stuff

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

complete by Halloween

I look forward to it!

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I welcome any new sets from the best live action batman stuff

Agreed, Lego Val Kilmer has been long overdue

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I look forward to it!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Agreed, Lego Val Kilmer has been long overdue

Look, I've laughed at a lot of your jokes but this is just too far. Wasn't it obvious I was talking about lego George Clooney?

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Thank you! 

As an update, I've finished the 6 smallest sets (sort of cheating: The mechs are all pretty similar, and I already had a Batboat and Batmobile for something else I was working on but never finished or posted.) Tomorrow I'll move onto the War of light set. I'm definately not doing the D2C, something with that many parts would crash my computer, but all the other wave 1 sets should be complete by Halloween. If people like it, I might build wave 2, and I already have some ideas for a Wave 3 cooking. This could turn into a yearly thing, like my SW community wishlist one. (which was sort of semi-yearly this time, but that was just because it took me like 6 months to do it, and the second one only took 2 months... eh). 
Most of it's fine, but I'm pretty excited to show off my non-oversized brick built batcycle, as well as my Batmobile that's been around for like 6 months without being posted.

I could see a UCS version being the 2023 UCS Bat-vehicle (if we get one at all). A minifig-scale one is less likely and would probably be super oversized, but I welcome any new sets from the best live action batman stuff

We’re getting the bat-cycle from The Batman next year. No chance we get two Batman themed bikes in a year. 

3 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

We’re getting the bat-cycle from The Batman next year. No chance we get two Batman themed bikes in a year. 

Oh, the technic one. Right, I forgot.

Did it happen before that Lego paused on a theme for a year and then made a new wave?

I can't imagine Lego is dumb enough to not make at least a hand full of sets like Wayne Manor before canceling DC. 

Edited by Gorilla94

I don't know about a single year, but the Harry Potter theme has disappeared and then came back from the dead a few times. With IJ and Lord of the Rings coming back too, I think that as soon as DC and WB get their stuff together (however long that may take) Lego will be happy to work with them again.

It's also important to note that the theme isn't literally dead. We did get a 4+ set and art set this year. I think that if the new plans (The 10 year plan focusing on the big three, and then whatever the hell the rock is doing) start working, the theme will kick back up, but it wasn't like IJ, Harry Potter, or lord of the rings, where we went multiple years without anything at all.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's also important to note that the theme isn't literally dead. We did get a 4+ set and art set this year. I think that if the new plans (The 10 year plan focusing on the big three, and then whatever the hell the rock is doing) start working, the theme will kick back up, but it wasn't like IJ, Harry Potter, or lord of the rings, where we went multiple years without anything at all.

Plus we have that set based on The Flash coming