Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Now with the D2C confirmed as a Marvel set, this has to be the saddest year for any theme in the history of TLG. Ignoring the sets based on The Batman, the Art set, and the encyclopedia, we have a whopping one set, and a $10 4+ one at that :laugh_hard:

I can‘t think of any other theme this has happened to before. If it weren‘t for the Flash, I‘d have expected the theme to be discontinued next year

If you ignore all the sets based on the Harry Potter movies then Harry Potter only had a trunk and an advent calendar this year. Only one more set than DC. :wink:

I feel like I am the only one who actually like The Batman sets, plus I got a couple of the Art sets on a discount. I mean I would want some more, but I only have limited budget. I am kind of grateful there wasn't a lot of DC as it means I can buy extra copies of the Lion Knight's Castle.
That said if Flash is all we receive next year I will be disappointed - I will be more disappointed if we don't even see it due to it getting "cancelled".

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not cancelled. The development process didn't stop, they are still working on it as much as they've been working a week ago.

It just won't release on HBO Max.

I'm sure it will release at whatever streaming service they will replace HBO Max with

Also, in more Batman news: a sequel for The Batman is officially happening

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Now with the D2C confirmed as a Marvel set, this has to be the saddest year for any theme in the history of TLG. Ignoring the sets based on The Batman, the Art set, and the encyclopedia, we have a whopping one set, and a $10 4+ one at that :laugh_hard:

I can‘t think of any other theme this has happened to before. If it weren‘t for the Flash, I‘d have expected the theme to be discontinued next year

It's not that bad. It's just WB juggling with the movies release dates that messed up whatever TLG had planned for 2022 and probably 2023

1 minute ago, timemail said:

If you ignore all the sets based on the Harry Potter movies then Harry Potter only had a trunk and an advent calendar this year. Only one more set than DC. :wink:

My point about ignoring the sets based on The Batman is that they can technically be viewed as 2021 sets, since that‘s when they got released in the US and Canada. The sets themselves are awesome though, ranking among my favourites in the entire theme!

If you do count them, then DC 2022 is pretty much on par with HP 2011 with 4 sets :classic:

Lego probably wouldn’t scrap the Flash set, because it has to be taken into account that the actor is separate from the character each and every time, but I can see them not wanting a realistic depiction of the character on the box. Again, character and actor are separate but they probably don’t want Ezra Miller’s face on the packaging. They could have artwork of a Lego Flash and Keaton Batman.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

For real.

This is the only set that's a part of DC Super Heores that first released in 2022.

The Batman sets first released in 2021, the Art set is a part of a different theme, and the books and magazine gifts aren't even sets...

This is depressing. But to be fair, this year also hasn't been good at all for Marvel imo. I can count the sets I genuinely like on the fingers of my single hand.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My point about ignoring the sets based on The Batman is that they can technically be viewed as 2021 sets, since that‘s when they got released in the US and Canada. The sets themselves are awesome though, ranking among my favourites in the entire theme!

If you do count them, then DC 2022 is pretty much on par with HP 2011 with 4 sets :classic:

That makes more sense. Point taken.

But if we do include them there is also the Technic Batmobile, and the polybag Batmobile to bring it up to 6 (really trying to look on the bright side here). I have neither of those but may get the Technic one if I get a good clearance special on it.

5 hours ago, timemail said:

There's a difference between "let's only count the DC sets that first released in 2022 as part of the DC theme" and "Let's only count the harry potter sets that aren't based on what the majority of harry potter sets are based on"

Like, I get what you're saying, but you have to remember the Batman sets were technically 2021 releases. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

For real.

This is the only set that's a part of DC Super Heores that first released in 2022.

The Batman sets first released in 2021, the Art set is a part of a different theme, and the books and magazine gifts aren't even sets...

This is depressing. But to be fair, this year also hasn't been good at all for Marvel imo. I can count the sets I genuinely like on the fingers of my single hand.

I think this is the worst year for a lego theme (set wise) ever. One 4+ set.

As for marvel though, there's a difference between not liking most of the sets and only one set even existing.

41 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's a difference between "let's only count the DC sets that first released in 2022 as part of the DC theme" and "Let's only count the harry potter sets that aren't based on what the majority of harry potter sets are based on"

Like, I get what you're saying, but you have to remember the Batman sets were technically 2021 releases.

Yep. When explained it made more sense. To me they were 2022 releases because they released in 2022 for most people but the US. The original post did not say they were excluded due to the year just excluding "The Batman" sets, which when combined with excluding Art sets and book sets I read as BrickBob excluding them for not being true DC sets i.e. not based on comics. Hence my comparison of excluding movie sets as they aren't based on original material i.e. the books.

Now I’m wondering even more why they bothered with that new boxart for the 4+ set. I can’t imagine they created it just for this set, there simply has to be more to come at some point. Perhaps there were other sets planned and then delayed along with the Flash set, even though they‘d obviously be comic-based? :wacko:

Sucks that it will be a good while before we learn more. In all likelihood, the leaked set list will once again not differentiate beween the two themes, after all :tongue:

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Now I’m wondering even more why they bothered with that new boxart for the 4+ set. I can’t imagine they created it just for this set, there simply has to be more to come at some point. Perhaps there were other sets planned and then delayed along with the Flash set, even though they‘d obviously be comic-based? :wacko:

The new boxart is the only thing giving me hope for 2023.

Or maybe that's just where the budget went. Why make new sets when we can have some really kickass box art for one set?

1 hour ago, timemail said:

Yep. When explained it made more sense. To me they were 2022 releases because they released in 2022 for most people but the US. The original post did not say they were excluded due to the year just excluding "The Batman" sets, which when combined with excluding Art sets and book sets I read as BrickBob excluding them for not being true DC sets i.e. not based on comics. Hence my comparison of excluding movie sets as they aren't based on original material i.e. the books.

Ah. I can see how'd you come to that conclusion then.

I do think most people like the The Batman sets though, or at least don't think they're exceedingly bad. Personally it's just not a film I want sets from as much. I prefer the dark knight trilogy, and while I still thought The Batman was pretty good, it's just not something I want to collect. I'd rather have a build of TDKR's The Bat, or some Synder cut sets. (Which I should cut in here: I don't think the snyder cut was better than the batman, but I like it more, if that makes sense)  I'm not saying lego should have done those instead, clearly making sets based off the new film was an obviously good choice, I'm just saying it's what I would have bought.

10 hours ago, timemail said:

I feel like I am the only one who actually like The Batman sets,

+1

10 hours ago, timemail said:

I feel like I am the only one who actually like The Batman sets, plus I got a couple of the Art sets on a discount. I mean I would want some more, but I only have limited budget. I am kind of grateful there wasn't a lot of DC as it means I can buy extra copies of the Lion Knight's Castle.

Kind of in the same boat with you. The Lion Knight's Castle is spectacular but definitely need more than 1 to make it more Castle like (rather than a fortress).

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which coincidentally was the last year for HP until it came back a whopping 7 years later. Hopefully, just a coincedence :shrug_confused:

8 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Lego probably wouldn’t scrap the Flash set, because it has to be taken into account that the actor is separate from the character each and every time, but I can see them not wanting a realistic depiction of the character on the box. Again, character and actor are separate but they probably don’t want Ezra Miller’s face on the packaging. They could have artwork of a Lego Flash and Keaton Batman.

One of the SW designers said this in response to putting the Cara Dune miniifigure in a LEGO mandalorian set that came out after the Gina Carano spiel.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

For real.

The Batman sets first released in 2021,

Technically 2022 sets so we have had 4 DC sets this year.

Brickset has the DC sets listed as 2022.

38 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Brickset has the DC sets listed as 2022.

That's like clasifying Summer Ninjago wave as an August release, even though in most regions it releases in June.

Oh gosh, 1414falconfan is posting 2023 set names for some marvel and Ninjago stuff...

Please if there is any god of whatever type all I want is a post about some DC sets! Literally anything more than a set for a 4 year old will do! 

I am also amazing that Lego has kept the Marvel UCS so under wraps since it is supposed to come out in like two months.

LMAO, we just got a list of thirteen Marvel sets for 1HY 2023 — and not a single DC set in sight.

1 minute ago, bricksbyjim said:

Oh gosh, 1414falconfan is posting 2023 set names for some marvel and Ninjago stuff...

Please if there is any god of whatever type all I want is a post about some DC sets! Literally anything more than a set for a 4 year old will do! 

I am also amazing that Lego has kept the Marvel UCS so under wraps since it is supposed to come out in like two months.

There aren't any.

13 Marvel sets so far for 2023 and not a single DC set to be seen. Our only hope is a Flash set that may not even release at this point. 

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

One of the SW designers said this in response to putting the Cara Dune miniifigure in a LEGO mandalorian set that came out after the Gina Carano spiel.

Yeah, but Gina Carano tweeted something some people didn't like. Ezra Miller's physically attacked people, broken into a couple's house and threatened them, allegedly kidnaped a child (Two different scenarios of this, supposedly) and might be a cult leader or something? Bit of a difference there. The Mythrol still being released might be closer, since his actor was at least accused of an actual crime, but even then, the Mythrol is a blue alien who doesn't look like Horatio Sanz, and while what he allegedly did is evil, he at least wasn't actively running from the police during the UCS RC's development.

Not really, they released in 2021 in many places. I'd go by earliest release, not latest. That's like saying The Mandalorian "technically" released in March 2020, not November 2019.

16 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

13 Marvel sets so far for 2023 and not a single DC set to be seen. Our only hope is a Flash set that may not even release at this point. 

Look on the bright side, we got morbius.

MorbinMeme.jpg

Jokes aside if there isn't anything in January 2023 for DC, we might actually be looking at a dead theme.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I think it’s only fair that Marvel gets a joke character in Morbius, because DC got a whole joke set. 

At this point there is a bigger chance of Morbius getting a minifigure than there is for a new DC set coming out.

Edit: this was a joke, I did not realise there was an actual Morbius figure coming.

Edited by JekPorkchops

Just now, JekPorkchops said:

At this point there is a bigger chance of Morbius getting a minifigure than there is for a new DC set coming out.

Um, you should morb over to the Marvel thread then :iamded_lol:

Shazam! and Aquaman just got pushed back (March and December respectively).

Not that we'd have seen sets for the former, but if Aquaman did have any sets, we'll see them in October.

The way LEGO DC has been handled continues to really makes me wish that the LEGO Batman Movie sequel hadn't been cancelled.  Considering that was going to have a bigger focus on the Justice League, we probably would have gotten a lot of characters we'd be unlikely to get any time soon otherwise (Though I am still irrationally annoyed years later that the TLBM sets and CMF series skipped Samurai and Gleek despite them being in the movie)

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Shazam! and Aquaman just got pushed back (March and December respectively).

Not that we'd have seen sets for the former, but if Aquaman did have any sets, we'll see them in October.

Jeez, again? I was looking forewords to shazam.

At this point I'm not sure Aquaman 2 ever releases.

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

According to Brickmerge, The Flash set will release in May 2023.

Makes sense :classic:

76222 and 76224 still seem to be scheduled for a release this year, so 76221 has to be the only set based on The Flash. No real surprise there