Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I can see that too. And a Keaton Batmobile would definately be nice. For how active I am here, the only DC set I own is the 2021 playscale Tumbler (and figures of Battinson and Batfleck), but my favorite batmobile design is the Keaton one, so that'd be an easy purchase.

I’ve got all of them bar the odd Juniors one, the one from the 60’s Batcave, and the two Batfleckmobiles. I quite like seeing the evolution of them. A lot have been inspired by Keaton’s, that much is true. It’s a shame that the theme is in a slump, especially now that we have the Speed Champions chassis. A crew cab Keaton Batmobile would be a nice addition.

I saw a Hot Wheels Collection with Cars from every Theatric Batman all together,I'd totally be into a Lego Bat-Mobile Vault/Collection.

20 hours ago, The Pearson said:

My Walmart (in the US) has a price sticker up for 76022. They said it was going to be on the truck for 8/22.

Do you mean the 76221 Flash set? 76022 is the X-Men vs Sentinel set that came out in 2014.

19 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Do you mean the 76221 Flash set? 76022 is the X-Men vs Sentinel set that came out in 2014.

I meant 76220, the 4+ set. I’m exiting my original post. Thanks for catching my error!

2 hours ago, Scuhro52 said:

I saw a Hot Wheels Collection with Cars from every Theatric Batman all together,I'd totally be into a Lego Bat-Mobile Vault/Collection.

I would love Lego to have a look at the Eaglemoss Batmobile Collection and draw inspiration from it. Throw in some deeper cuts like the Mothmobile or the Catmobile, and I'm away.

Eh. A UCS set that's a collection of detailed, but playscale, batmobiles could be nice. Something like:

Batmobile Collection ($299.99): Batmobile '66, Batmobile 1989, Batmobile TAS, Tumbler, Batfleck mobile/gunmobile, and Pattmobile. Each have a display stand and come with their respective batman, so West, Keaton 89, Conroy (TAS), Baleman (TDK), Batfleck's tactical suit, and Battinson. Maybe a special 7th batman that's gold, black chrome, Batman Beyond or something. If you wanted to make it more of an MBS set, you could include each version of Joker, plus another character for each batmobile: '66 robin, '92 Catwoman, TAS Alfred, TDK Gordon, Snyder Superman, and Riddler.

That would be terrible. Release them all at the same time individually or as two packs, but not in one gigantic box.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Eh. A UCS set that's a collection of detailed, but playscale, batmobiles could be nice. Something like:

Batmobile Collection ($299.99): Batmobile '66, Batmobile 1989, Batmobile TAS, Tumbler, Batfleck mobile/gunmobile, and Pattmobile. Each have a display stand and come with their respective batman, so West, Keaton 89, Conroy (TAS), Baleman (TDK), Batfleck's tactical suit, and Battinson. Maybe a special 7th batman that's gold, black chrome, Batman Beyond or something. If you wanted to make it more of an MBS set, you could include each version of Joker, plus another character for each batmobile: '66 robin, '92 Catwoman, TAS Alfred, TDK Gordon, Snyder Superman, and Riddler.

Well, playscale batmobiles are $30 that usually come with two figs. Even with a display, not sure where the extra $120 is coming from. 

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Well, playscale batmobiles are $30 that usually come with two figs. Even with a display, not sure where the extra $120 is coming from. 

I'm going off MOC syndrome; that is, a MOC of roughly the same size as a playscale set tends to be much more detailed (and use many more pieces) than said set. If this is a UCS style batmobile collection, I wouldn't want something like the recent Pattmobile. I'd want something stronger.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm going off MOC syndrome; that is, a MOC of roughly the same size as a playscale set tends to be much more detailed (and use many more pieces) than said set. If this is a UCS style batmobile collection, I wouldn't want something like the recent Pattmobile. I'd want something stronger.

Yeah the Pattinson one is a nice build but doesn’t quite look like the on screen car. Not sure what extra can be done for the Tumbler. Anyways, it’s all theoretical and the fact that there’s no hint of a D2C vehicle by November suggests that they’re probably dead for the foreseeable future. 

10 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Eaglemoss just went bankrupt so maybe not the best company to take inspiration from :pir_tong2:

Oh really? Bugger.

8 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Yeah the Pattinson one is a nice build but doesn’t quite look like the on screen car. Not sure what extra can be done for the Tumbler. Anyways, it’s all theoretical and the fact that there’s no hint of a D2C vehicle by November suggests that they’re probably dead for the foreseeable future. 

Sure, it's all theoretical, I wasn't saying that we were getting a batmobile collection this november. But you did hit me with the last piece of the puzzle:

$500 set for superheroes theme - It's either marvel or DC (as much as I'd like an invincible set)

DC has ONE set releasing that was meant to release this year, containing a grand total of ONE recolor and ONE new print. - either DC's budget is just completely nonexistant or they saved it for something.

D2C Bat-vehicle goes away after 3 straight years, when they seemed to be doing well - either they ran out of ideas (when they still have The Bat, the Batfleckmobile, etc), or we're getting a different D2C this year

Marvel, which generally gets more sets, has 2 $200+ sets releasing/released in 2HY already. - either they're REALLY confident in having three $200+ marvel sets releasing in the same HY (somthing I don't even think Star Wars has had), or the $500 set is DC

Would there be a market for a D2C UCS BvS Batmobile? The movie was quite devisive but it’s still a Batmobile design and one liked by many.

If they continue to release different UCS Batmobiles I think the next one is the Classic ‘66 one, but even that one I don’t see them releasing any time soon.

Still, after the ‘89 Batvehicles and the Tumbler update you’d think they’d make more UCS Batmobiles over the years.

5 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Would there be a market for a D2C UCS BvS Batmobile? The movie was quite devisive but it’s still a Batmobile design and one liked by many.

If they continue to release different UCS Batmobiles I think the next one is the Classic ‘66 one, but even that one I don’t see them releasing any time soon.

Still, after the ‘89 Batvehicles and the Tumbler update you’d think they’d make more UCS Batmobiles over the years.

Doubt it. The movie wasn’t “devisive” so much as it was pretty universally hated. I don’t see LEGO doing a $200+ set based on a commercial bomb.  The Batmobile design is decent, but like you said, ‘66 is next if anything comes out. I also don’t see them doing “The Bat” as it’s kind of weird looking. Maybe an updated minifig scale one but def not D2C. 

5 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

Doubt it. The movie wasn’t “devisive” so much as it was pretty universally hated. I don’t see LEGO doing a $200+ set based on a commercial bomb.  The Batmobile design is decent, but like you said, ‘66 is next if anything comes out. I also don’t see them doing “The Bat” as it’s kind of weird looking. Maybe an updated minifig scale one but def not D2C. 

A lot of people have a better opinion of that movie in more recent years, and either way, the movie being bad doesn't mean the designs are. Either way, its a batmobile.

As for The Bat, it's based on what most people consider the best batman franchise, so if we're going off fan opinion.... 

I wonder how Lego feels about having an Ezra figure in the set because Lego has pretty strong values. If they do take away Ezras Flash minifig those few that have already been made either for designing or early production would be super exclusive. I hate to say it because yeah Ezra has gone off the rails but I was looking forward to a new set with some new minifigs as someone who has collected almost every DC figure every made. 

Also I haven't been up to date with the other forum on marvel but a small part of me is holding out hope the Marvel $500 is actually DC, maybe that's why the leakers are sad/disappointed? 

ahhh probably not but I will keep dreaming of more DC sets, maybe I can just will them into existence :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

I wonder how Lego feels about having an Ezra figure in the set because Lego has pretty strong values. If they do take away Ezras Flash minifig those few that have already been made either for designing or early production would be super exclusive. I hate to say it because yeah Ezra has gone off the rails but I was looking forward to a new set with some new minifigs as someone who has collected almost every DC figure every made. 

Also I haven't been up to date with the other forum on marvel but a small part of me is holding out hope the Marvel $500 is actually DC, maybe that's why the leakers are sad/disappointed? 

ahhh probably not but I will keep dreaming of more DC sets, maybe I can just will them into existence :pir-laugh:

1. Their "strong values" seem to be somewhat flexible. It's enough for them to pull a fully completed and at least partially distributed set from shelves with the osprey, but there are some situations where they seem alright, say, making a figure who's actor is accused of... some bad crimes with the mythrol. (Who I suppose at least is an alien, so it's not like they're directly producing a horatio sans figure, and either way I personally am fine with a mythrol figure, just pointing out that we don't necessarily know whether or not they would apply those values). With Ezra Miller, I personally think that being actively on the run from police during the time the set's being produced, and having committed like 50 crimes takes him a little over the line of getting a figure of himself, but we don't know what lego will do yet.

I thought this for awhile, but the past week or so they've definately said it's marvel. RIP DC 2022. We hardly knew ye.

25 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Batman: Caped Crusader all but cancelled so sets based off it that which could have lead to BTAS sets wont happen

Doubt we'd gotten sets about that anyway tbh

Technically it wasn’t cancelled but HBO Max wants nothing to do with it now. It could still end up on Netflix or something.

7 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Batman: Caped Crusader all but cancelled so sets based off it that which could have lead to BTAS sets wont happen

It's not cancelled. The development process didn't stop, they are still working on it as much as they've been working a week ago.

It just won't release on HBO Max.

Now with the D2C confirmed as a Marvel set, this has to be the saddest year for any theme in the history of TLG. Ignoring the sets based on The Batman, the Art set, and the encyclopedia, we have a whopping one set, and a $10 4+ one at that :laugh_hard:

I can‘t think of any other theme this has happened to before. If it weren‘t for the Flash, I‘d have expected the theme to be discontinued next year