Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Only a few crimes to go!

I'm not defending Ezra Miller, I don't even like the fella and I agree they need to pay for their crimes against humanity (the ones they commited and the ones they'll definetly commit in the future).

But like misgendering someone in the account that you don't like them sets the precedent that you need to be one of "the good ones" in order to get your identity respected. Think about it this way: Ezra Miller wont read most of the comments online, but a lot of non binary people will, so don't make it for Ezra, do it for them.

False equivalence. I have no beef with how others identify, however the same thing comes around every time the subject is mentioned: just respect their choice/life/other. I’m not going to go into why I don’t blindly respect everyone on the planet, but I’m also not going to respect someone who doesn’t do that themselves. I’m not disrespecting every non binary person just because I feel Ezra Miller is an irredeemable tool shirking responsibility and jettisoning blame onto his poor mental health, nor because you say I am. My grievance is with him alone. He’s not giving any DC fans or HP fans any respect, so yes, I’m going to reciprocate that because he doesn’t deserve said respect. I’m going to cease on the subject because this is way off topic, despite the theme being dormant.

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I could see it being reworked, removing Ezra's Flash and turning it into a legacy set for DC.

They could even still use flash, just not his flash. A reuse of comics barry, a newer suit for either Wally, etc. They could even keep the overall flash theme and add one or more of his rogues.

10 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Activists on their way to control everyone's language.

Agree to disagree and be done with it.

100%. Especially with someone like Ezra Miller, who is clearly extremely unwell in the best case scenario, and evil in the worst case. That's the last I'll say on it unless there's another development in the case or movie.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They could even still use flash, just not his flash. A reuse of comics barry, a newer suit for either Wally, etc. They could even keep the overall flash theme and add one or more of his rogues

I'd just turn it into a Batman Returns style legacy set with Penguin (Printed Torso), Catwoman (Printed Torso, Black Panther helmet piece) and Batman (Printed Torso, Cape/Hood combo)

Yeah if the Keaton Batmobile is indeed like 75% of the set or whatever, it's pretty easy to rework. I think at this point with all that's going on at WB/DC, LEGO is probably waiting to see if Keaton even shows up in a project. It's not a certainty at this point.

I almost never get into political discussion on EB, but this one has been bothering me all day. Consider the following, which I have written in the form of a proof:

OJ killed his wife (almost certainly true)

Someone who kills their wife is not deserving of respect (true)

OJ does not deserve respect (assuming one is true, true)

I have the right to disrespect someone who is not deserving of respect (true)

OJ is black (true)

Calling a black person the N word to insult them is disrespectful (true)

Therefore, I have the right to call OJ the N word (ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE)

And obviously, the N word is on a fairly different level than misgendering someone, but both are wrong. Insulting some celebrity online will never effect them, but it will certainly effect, or at least bother, the users of the forum who have the same trait. I think it's generally stupid to get caught up making sure we are polite to someone who is quite clearly a criminal, but when you go out of your way to misgender them, you aren't doing anything other than hurting the NB people on here.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'd just turn it into a Batman Returns style legacy set with Penguin (Printed Torso), Catwoman (Printed Torso, Black Panther helmet piece) and Batman (Printed Torso, Cape/Hood combo)

Does black panther have a helmet, or do you just mean the ears?

Otherwise, yeah, that's definately a nice option. I suppose there is no real reason to keep a flash in it. 

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Yeah if the Keaton Batmobile is indeed like 75% of the set or whatever, it's pretty easy to rework. I think at this point with all that's going on at WB/DC, LEGO is probably waiting to see if Keaton even shows up in a project. It's not a certainty at this point.

Wasn't he replaced by Batflek for Aquaman?

I'm guessing all these changes are reminding him of Morbius and giving him cold feet. I don't blame him. The new plan sounds alright if it comes to fruition, but I'm not sure what Keaton's place would be in it, and of course, DC's pronounced their grand plans before.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, he was. Aquaman was supposed to release after The Flash, but now that it releases before, the test screening audience found Keaton confusing.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm guessing all these changes are reminding him of Morbius and giving him cold feet. I don't blame him. The new plan sounds alright if it comes to fruition, but I'm not sure what Keaton's place would be in it, and of course, DC's pronounced their grand plans before.

I thought he’d pretty much been wiped from everything bar The Flash, although whether it was his decision or Warner’s I don’t know. I’m just as intrigued by how long Batfleck is going to stick around for. If Flash and Aquaman go ahead as suggested, we will have had three Bats on our screens in a very short space of time. It takes a lot less than that to confuse casual fans and turn them off.
Three different Batmen, and apparently cinema goers got confused about the name of The Suicide Squad and it’s predecessor. Still bittersweet about that. Lego could made some boss figs loosely tied in but didn’t, but at least my PDM is worth more now.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:23 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

Activists on their way to control everyone's language.

Agree to disagree and be done with it.

I mean you don't just call people by different names just because you want to? People have preferred names just as they have preferred pronouns. In order to function and communicate in this society that has been created those preferences should be respected

13 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I almost never get into political discussion on EB, but this one has been bothering me all day. Consider the following, which I have written in the form of a proof:

OJ killed his wife (almost certainly true)

Someone who kills their wife is not deserving of respect (true)

OJ does not deserve respect (assuming one is true, true)

I have the right to disrespect someone who is not deserving of respect (true)

OJ is black (true)

Calling a black person the N word to insult them is disrespectful (true)

Therefore, I have the right to call OJ the N word (ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE)

And obviously, the N word is on a fairly different level than misgendering someone, but both are wrong. Insulting some celebrity online will never effect them, but it will certainly effect, or at least bother, the users of the forum who have the same trait. I think it's generally stupid to get caught up making sure we are polite to someone who is quite clearly a criminal, but when you go out of your way to misgender them, you aren't doing anything other than hurting the NB people on here.

that is a very good point

20 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

False equivalence. I have no beef with how others identify, however the same thing comes around every time the subject is mentioned: just respect their choice/life/other. I’m not going to go into why I don’t blindly respect everyone on the planet, but I’m also not going to respect someone who doesn’t do that themselves. I’m not disrespecting every non binary person just because I feel Ezra Miller is an irredeemable tool shirking responsibility and jettisoning blame onto his poor mental health, nor because you say I am. My grievance is with him alone. He’s not giving any DC fans or HP fans any respect, so yes, I’m going to reciprocate that because he doesn’t deserve said respect. I’m going to cease on the subject because this is way off topic, despite the theme being dormant.

You definitely are disrespecting non binary people as you are saying that because at one point they identified as a he or you assume they did that you can just decide that's what Ezra goes back to if you no longer respect them. Why would it not default to "she/her" may I ask?

28 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

I mean you don't just call people by different names just because you want to? People have preferred names just as they have preferred pronouns. In order to function and communicate in this society that has been created those preferences should be respected

I still believe biology exists. Their emotion is their responsibility, if they don't like it, it's their problem the same way if someone offends me it's my problem. Political correctness is just fascism pretending to be manners.

Whatever pronouns Ezra prefers has really no bearing on this particular thread. Please do not continue to debate this here. 

This thread is for Lego DC discussion (assuming there’s even something to discuss). 

Please keep the discussion tailored to Lego DC. 

Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Whatever pronouns Ezra prefers has really no bearing on this particular thread. Please do not continue to debate this here. 

This thread is for Lego DC discussion (assuming there’s even something to discuss). 

Thanks! 

thank you

the Batmobile in the flash movie was to be a 3/4 seater, i dont know if the Lego version would be/have been but would this be an issue if they revamped the set as a non-movie set?  would they have to include a Flash fig?

I don't think Lego would completely scrap the idea of the batmobile being a flash movie set if the movie still gets released. The general audience and especially kids are not as in tune as people we interact with on here with the bts drama behind the movie. Ezra plays the flash, a character an a superhero and that's all kids and the GA care about in terms of marketing and really the film itself. 

25 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I still believe biology exists. Their emotion is their responsibility, if they don't like it, it's their problem the same way if someone offends me it's my problem. Political correctness is just fascism pretending to be manners.

pronouns have never had anything to do with biology. Way to reveal your true colors in the last line there though. 

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Ohhh, so you're one of those people. Do I take you didn't like the "Everyone is awesome" set either?

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

Thanks! 

1984.png.2f9370a8f44f97dd3a7d5b361dd8a338.png

(for all pourposes, this is a joke don't take it too seriously)

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

the Batmobile in the flash movie was to be a 3/4 seater, i dont know if the Lego version would be/have been but would this be an issue if they revamped the set as a non-movie set?  would they have to include a Flash fig?

I don't think it would be a big issue.

Even if they decided to remove everything flash related, I can see Lego releasing a 4 seats version of the batmobile.

For example, the speed champions sets include 1 minifigure and have 2 seats, so it wouldn't be that different.

Edited by PGBQW

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, he was. Aquaman was supposed to release after The Flash, but now that it releases before, the test screening audience found Keaton confusing.

I like to think I keep up with this fairly well and I find Keaton's involvement confusing. Was he to be transported to the main universe?

12 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I thought he’d pretty much been wiped from everything bar The Flash, although whether it was his decision or Warner’s I don’t know. I’m just as intrigued by how long Batfleck is going to stick around for. If Flash and Aquaman go ahead as suggested, we will have had three Bats on our screens in a very short space of time. It takes a lot less than that to confuse casual fans and turn them off.
Three different Batmen, and apparently cinema goers got confused about the name of The Suicide Squad and it’s predecessor. Still bittersweet about that. Lego could made some boss figs loosely tied in but didn’t, but at least my PDM is worth more now.

I agree, with a minor caveat: I don't think it's about having three Batmen on screen. We had three spider-men on screen and that went great. The issue is DC's lack of explanation about them. I think most people could reason out that The Batman isn't connected to the rest of DC (though the spinoffs might make it more confusing.... they really should have used an elseworlds label), but having Batfleck and Keaton at the same time is understandably confusing if they aren't very clear about why. Like (going off the plan from a year or two ago), if someone doesn't watch the flash, then aquaman 2 would be really confusing because why is the 1989/1992 batman in the universe that Batfleck was in?

With Suicide Squad I completely get why lego didn't make sets. With something like Snyder Cut, I could see an 18+ set or the exact designs showing up in generic sets. Something like Daredevil or Punisher, I could see a possibility of the netflix suits showing up in otherwise comic sets, but stuff like the Bugle's comic versions of them is obviously more likely. But for The Suicide Squad or Deadpool, where it's not just a bit of language and some violence, but constant profanity and fountains of blood, (not quite my tempo but I'm not knocking the films) it makes sense for lego to avoid even the characters as much as possible. Especially in a case like TSS, where the characters aren't that popular (except harley) and mostly only known for that movie (again except harley). Deadpool's a massivly popular character in a TON of stuff, but since his live action appearances have been so...mature, the closest we've got for him in almost a decade has been SDCC figures of silly deadpool varients.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Ohhh, so you're one of those people.

I'm trying to stay out of this but geez man, that's a bit rude. Though it does fit with "DC fans on their way to ignore the mods and keep arguing about biology/pronouns/etc on a thread about legos." 

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I like to think I keep up with this fairly well and I find Keaton's involvement confusing. Was he to be transported to the main universe?

Originally he was supposed to be, but it seems like they changed their mind and it's going to be a one-ogg thing now.

35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Deadpool's a massivly popular character in a TON of stuff, but since his live action appearances have been so...mature, the closest we've got for him in almost a decade has been SDCC figures of silly deadpool varients.

Ok tbf, I'd be really surprised if we don't end up getting Deadpool in the following years. Him not getting widely released has more to do with Disney not wanting X-Men merch than with him being Pegi18

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm trying to stay out of this but geez man, that's a bit rude. Though it does fit with "DC fans on their way to ignore the mods and keep arguing about biology/pronouns/etc on a thread about legos." 

Alright, you got a point. I apologise for being mean to Dr. Anonknee Muss and her phd in advanced biology.

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does black panther have a helmet, or do you just mean the ears?

The ear piece, although I could see them doing a helmet piece for him eventually.

More off-topic posts have been made here since Nemo's direction above to stick to the LEGO.

So I'll say it again: stick to LEGO! Or we'll have to start taking strong action.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree, with a minor caveat: I don't think it's about having three Batmen on screen. We had three spider-men on screen and that went great. The issue is DC's lack of explanation about them. I think most people could reason out that The Batman isn't connected to the rest of DC (though the spinoffs might make it more confusing.... they really should have used an elseworlds label), but having Batfleck and Keaton at the same time is understandably confusing if they aren't very clear about why. Like (going off the plan from a year or two ago), if someone doesn't watch the flash, then aquaman 2 would be really confusing because why is the 1989/1992 batman in the universe that Batfleck was in?

With Suicide Squad I completely get why lego didn't make sets. With something like Snyder Cut, I could see an 18+ set or the exact designs showing up in generic sets. Something like Daredevil or Punisher, I could see a possibility of the netflix suits showing up in otherwise comic sets, but stuff like the Bugle's comic versions of them is obviously more likely. But for The Suicide Squad or Deadpool, where it's not just a bit of language and some violence, but constant profanity and fountains of blood, (not quite my tempo but I'm not knocking the films) it makes sense for lego to avoid even the characters as much as possible. Especially in a case like TSS, where the characters aren't that popular (except harley) and mostly only known for that movie (again except harley). Deadpool's a massivly popular character in a TON of stuff, but since his live action appearances have been so...mature, the closest we've got for him in almost a decade has been SDCC figures of silly deadpool varients.

I reckon it’ll be a combination of the two things, and people will get that Battinson is in his own universe but will be confused about why he’s in his own one and why the other two now coexist. Is there a multiverse or isn’t there? And allegedly the CEO felt that Aquaman 2 would be the dud. I would like a Keaton Batmobile as I wasn’t in a position to get the now overinflated GWP.

Oh I know that the extremely mature themes of TSS torpedoed any chance of minifigures or sets, but I would still have loved to have them. I stand by my long ago previous comments about how Lego bypassed some of the darker corners of DC and made minifigures anyway. In my multiverse, Lego made tie-in sets based on a different Suicide Squad, I have King Shark, Peacemaker, Rick Flag, Ratcatcher 2, and a great big Starro. 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

And allegedly the CEO felt that Aquaman 2 would be the dud.

I wouldn‘t place too much stock in the guy that gave the world Honey Boo Boo :tongue:

Not too much hope left for DC, neither the films nor the sets. Hopefully they surprise us next year, but my gut says the DC theme is toast

My Walmart (in the US) has a price sticker up for 76220. They said it was going to be on the truck for 8/22.

Edited by The Pearson

WB seems to be sticking to the plan of Ezra apologizing, doing limited press, and then releasing the movie so I think, barring Ezra Miller actually murdering somebody, LEGO will release The Flash set as-is. I know it’s not quite to the same extent, but they kept Cara Dune in that Mandalorian season 2 set despite the whole Gina Carano controversy. 

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wouldn‘t place too much stock in the guy that gave the world Honey Boo Boo :tongue:

Not too much hope left for DC, neither the films nor the sets. Hopefully they surprise us next year, but my gut says the DC theme is toast

I don’t know what Honey Boo Boo is, but the name is enough to put me off. That’s kind of what I was implying, that despite everything that’s going on with the lead actor in The Flash, the guy’s concern was about a different film. 
I can understand your skepticism about future Lego sets, but there are a good few films on the horizon, and any plan is better than the previous ones.

3 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

WB seems to be sticking to the plan of Ezra apologizing, doing limited press, and then releasing the movie so I think, barring Ezra Miller actually murdering somebody, LEGO will release The Flash set as-is. I know it’s not quite to the same extent, but they kept Cara Dune in that Mandalorian season 2 set despite the whole Gina Carano controversy. 

This is far worse than that... Now we are talking about actual crimes. I dont see TLG going ahead with it (but that's just my guess)

The thing with The Flash is: 

-It's a very expensive movie

-They cant recast the lead

-It tested extremely well (above 80)

-WB needs it to reboot the DC universe 

At this point not even Ezra Miller starting WWIII would make WB cancel the film

15 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I reckon it’ll be a combination of the two things, and people will get that Battinson is in his own universe but will be confused about why he’s in his own one and why the other two now coexist. Is there a multiverse or isn’t there? And allegedly the CEO felt that Aquaman 2 would be the dud. I would like a Keaton Batmobile as I wasn’t in a position to get the now overinflated GWP.

Oh I know that the extremely mature themes of TSS torpedoed any chance of minifigures or sets, but I would still have loved to have them. I stand by my long ago previous comments about how Lego bypassed some of the darker corners of DC and made minifigures anyway. In my multiverse, Lego made tie-in sets based on a different Suicide Squad, I have King Shark, Peacemaker, Rick Flag, Ratcatcher 2, and a great big Starro. 

Yeah, I can see that too. And a Keaton Batmobile would definately be nice. For how active I am here, the only DC set I own is the 2021 playscale Tumbler (and figures of Battinson and Batfleck), but my favorite batmobile design is the Keaton one, so that'd be an easy purchase.

16 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The ear piece, although I could see them doing a helmet piece for him eventually.

I would love a helmet piece for a comics BP. I feel like they use heads where it should be helmets too often. Like, MCU Cap should always have had a helmet IMO. MCU panther and comics daredevil I think are alright, but a Netflix Daredevil, for example, should have a helmet.

So of couse in the case of 1992 catwoman, I think she needs a helmet, or at least a different ear style part. 

10 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Yeah I agree with @Robert8 here. Gina Carano said something some people thought was offensive. Ezra Miller has committed multiple felonies and was on the run from the police for a fair chunk of time. (This whole situation infuriates me, if Ezra was just some normal guy and not a famous actor, he'd have gone to jail long before we got to this point. It's a completely different situation.

This might be slightly more comparable to the Mythrol showing up in the new RC despite the accusations against the actor, though even then it's an alien, so it doesn't really look like the actor, and AFAIK they're still just accusations, no proof (Though I would suspect they are true, lego has a bit more leeway than the stuff Ezra Miller's been caught doing on camera or had police reports released about.)