Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Glass half full here (ok, maybe far from half, but still) - Turns out, thanks to @KMPMOCS, that you can make a really neat B:TAS Batmobile from the Speed Champions F&F Charger. This is one of those Speed Champions alt builds that looks almost as good as an A model.  If I can pretend I actually got three brand-new Classic Space sets this year instead of one, maybe you can pretend you actually got a TAS Batmobile instead of a Charger?

Tutorial - Batmobile from Batman the Animated Series, alt build of Lego 76912 Charger set

19 hours ago, icm said:

If I can pretend I actually got three brand-new Classic Space sets this year instead of one, maybe you can pretend you actually got a TAS Batmobile instead of a Charger?

What are the two other classic space sets you're pretending you got? The Alt Builds of 10497?

It seems like the leakers know what the $500 set is and say info's coming sooner rather than later. They don't sound very excited about it... I think it's gonna be a sub-par marvel set.

5 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

That flash set is never going to come out if the movie gets cancelled ☠️

Well, that much is certain. I still hope they don't scrap the movie, mainly for the sake of the set :laugh_hard:

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, that much is certain. I still hope they don't scrap the movie, mainly for the sake of the set :laugh_hard:

Same here, also I love Michael Keaton and I would primarily be seeing the movie for his Batman

Honestly at this point, even if the movie does come out, I really doubt LEGO would want to release the set and get involved in that mess

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Honestly at this point, even if the movie does come out, I really doubt LEGO would want to release the set and get involved in that mess

Either that or rebrand into the umbrella DC box art  and remove Ezra Miller's Flash from the set.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Like @Anonknee Muss says, they could just replace Ezra Miller's Flash with someone else.

It feels weird to argue that they shouldn't release a movie/set tie in because of one of the actors, because I'm normally against that, but the standard stuff people argue that for pale in comparison to "Main actor is literally on the run from the cops and has committed a variety of felonies."

44 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Either that or rebrand into the umbrella DC box art  and remove Ezra Miller's Flash from the set.

That's what I think they'll do. Swap Flash for a repeat joker or even just a comics flash.

49 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's what I think they'll do. Swap Flash for a repeat joker or even just a comics flash.

Would be nice for people who didn't pick up the '89 Batmobile to be able to get Nicholson Joker. Or for people who want that version but didn't get the GWP scale one.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Like @Anonknee Muss says, they could just replace Ezra Miller's Flash with someone else.

They can't do that, because that would pretty much mean remake the whole movie again: Ezra Miller is in almost every scene and plays several characters. 

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Would be nice for people who didn't pick up the '89 Batmobile to be able to get Nicholson Joker. Or for people who want that version but didn't get the GWP scale one.

Would be nice, but I don't know if they'd do that.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

They can't do that, because that would pretty much mean remake the whole movie again: Ezra Miller is in almost every scene and plays several characters. 

No i meant in the set. 

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Do a shoddy deepfake :laugh:

45 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

The guy who can see dead people from Umbrella Academy almost looks identical to Ezra Miller, even his mannerisms are kinda similar. WB should cast him as the replacement.

I'm so curious to see what they'll do with this character after The Flash releases — if they'll recast him, or forget the character altogether (at least for some time).

Seems they've taken route no. 1 — Ezra apologises and does limited press. (Which is an idiotic decision, this man can't be redeemed with a simple apology. He needs extensive therapy, not promoting a movie.)

This is such a cumbersome situation there is really no way to find a solution that pleases everyone

Recast and reshoot is not an option because, as said earlier, that would mean making the whole movie anew

This is how I'd address things

-Release the movie as it is

-Not include Ezra Miller in any press tour, red carpet or anything

-Encourage the victims to take legal action against Miller and pay for their legal representation and therapy and whatever. Even offer them a part of the box office as compensation because thanks to the movie, their offender face will be plastered all over social media for a while

And after the shitstorm is ovier, I'd kick Erza's butt out of Hollywood and blacklist him forever (recast Credence is waaaaay easier)

-------

As for LEGO, I wouldn't release a set linked to this movie. I'd rework what I have right now and release it somehow else

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm so curious to see what they'll do with this character after The Flash releases — if they'll recast him, or forget the character altogether (at least for some time).

Seems they've taken route no. 1 — Ezra apologises and does limited press. (Which is an idiotic decision, this man can't be redeemed with a simple apology. He needs extensive therapy, not promoting a movie.)

If they're focusing now on Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman like they said in that announcement, my guess is it'll just be another universe's flash, so I guess somewhere in between recast and forgetting the character. We'll probably still have a Barry Allen in the next justice league, just not *this* Barry Allen.

And yeah, it's nuts. I'd go even further: The man doesn't just need therapy, he needs jail time, at least if what he's being accused of is true. If this was some random, non-famous guy, it'd be an 30+ years for multiple counts of assault, kidnapping, etc.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

DC fans on their way to misgender Ezra Miller every chance they get

Ezra Miller on the way to commit every crime possible.

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Ezra Miller’s apology to the world avoided any actual accountability and instead blamed his mental health. Now he’s seeking help, only after he’s done a ton of appalling things. As someone who comes from a long line of neurodiverse people, many of whom have struggled with it, I can’t respect someone who treats it like an excuse to be an awful person. 

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And yeah, it's nuts. I'd go even further: The man doesn't just need therapy, he needs jail time, at least if what he's being accused of is true. If this was some random, non-famous guy, it'd be an 30+ years for multiple counts of assault, kidnapping, etc.

Oh yeah, I meant intensive mental therapy in jail or some facility — not just having weekly sessions :tongue:

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ezra Miller on the way to commit every crime possible.

Only a few crimes to go!

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Ezra Miller’s apology to the world avoided any actual accountability and instead blamed his mental health. Now he’s seeking help, only after he’s done a ton of appalling things. As someone who comes from a long line of neurodiverse people, many of whom have struggled with it, I can’t respect someone who treats it like an excuse to be an awful person. 

I'm not defending Ezra Miller, I don't even like the fella and I agree they need to pay for their crimes against humanity (the ones they commited and the ones they'll definetly commit in the future).

But like misgendering someone in the account that you don't like them sets the precedent that you need to be one of "the good ones" in order to get your identity respected. Think about it this way: Ezra Miller wont read most of the comments online, but a lot of non binary people will, so don't make it for Ezra, do it for them.

Edited by PGBQW

11 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Activists on their way to control everyone's language.

Agree to disagree and be done with it.

29 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Activists on their way to control everyone's language.

sure?

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Ezra Miller wont read most of the comments online, but a lot of non binary people will, so don't make it for Ezra, do it for them.

Ezra used terminology solely to take down interviews and directly subject his victims to extreme levels of abuse without them fighting back out of fear of being labelled, anyone not vouching for permanent imprisonment likely has no grasp on the true extent of his crimes or the ages of his victim. Now he's using mental health as the reasoning. It's just excuses for his actions that he (and to an extent Warner Bros) feels will be supported or sympathised with.

I'd rather not perpetuate the very atmosphere and method he used to silence them.I also don't think the community would want Ezra associated with them, they have been trying to move away from harmful stereotypes and Ezra is a full embodiment of all the harmful stereotypes they would want to avoid.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:16 PM, TurnOffTheDark said:

That flash set is never going to come out if the movie gets cancelled ☠️

I could see it being reworked, removing Ezra's Flash and turning it into a legacy set for DC.