Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

41 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Bruh

I know I know...

But having 3 big Marvel sets so close to each sounds odd

I doubt that both the Hulkbuster and $500 set will be released by the end of the year honestly. We've heard so little about either. One of them probably got pushed back to 2023.

Edited by The Stud

17 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I doubt that both the Hulkbuster and $500 set will be released by the end of the year honestly. We've heard so little about either. One of them probably got pushed back to 2023.

Didn't someone say the hulkbuster was releasing in october? I thought someone gave out some more concrete information on it recently, they made it sound pretty sweet too.

As for the $500 one, the more expensive a set is, the close to their chest lego seems to play. UCS and MBS sets especially tend to be without image leaks until just days before reveal (Razor Crest sticker sheet nonwithstanding). The lack of any information is a bit worrisome, but there have been times where we haven't had any reliable rumors on the UCS/MBS set until a month or two out from reveal. If the set releases in october-december, I think the current lack of information isn't too odd.

I like the new profile pic, by the way.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I know I know...

But having 3 big Marvel sets so close to each sounds odd

you haven't been paying attention

Edited by thephantasm

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I like the new profile pic, by the way.

Thank ya! I’d already updated it on my other platforms a couple months ago but I kept forgetting to do it here lol.

The Hulkbuster coming in October sounds familiar but I can’t remember from where. I think the Sanctum was originally reported to be coming a few months earlier, so I wonder if it being released later has resulted in these other two D2Cs being pushed back. I think one or the other is coming this fall, and the other one will come in the spring maybe. Lego would probably want to space them out by more than a month.

Hopefully we will see a reveal at SDCC, especially as LEGO has unveiled the Office and Atari sets in recent days. It seems that those new people hired to stop leaks did too good of a job gosh dangit! 

Also a $500 set for Marvel or DC I feel like has to be a location. There are very few ships in those themes that would be good at that massive scale. Only vehicle that is really big in either universe that would make some sense is a new helicarier, can't think of a vehicle equivalent DC would do.

9 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

Hopefully we will see a reveal at SDCC, especially as LEGO has unveiled the Office and Atari sets in recent days. It seems that those new people hired to stop leaks did too good of a job gosh dangit! 

Also a $500 set for Marvel or DC I feel like has to be a location. There are very few ships in those themes that would be good at that massive scale. Only vehicle that is really big in either universe that would make some sense is a new helicarier, can't think of a vehicle equivalent DC would do.

For the most part I won’t be upset if it goes to Marvel. I’ve made peace with that. I just hope it’s minifig scale and a cool location. A new helicarrer would be a MASSIVE letdown. 

9 hours ago, The Stud said:

Thank ya! I’d already updated it on my other platforms a couple months ago but I kept forgetting to do it here lol.

The Hulkbuster coming in October sounds familiar but I can’t remember from where. I think the Sanctum was originally reported to be coming a few months earlier, so I wonder if it being released later has resulted in these other two D2Cs being pushed back. I think one or the other is coming this fall, and the other one will come in the spring maybe. Lego would probably want to space them out by more than a month.

If it's marvel. If it's DC, I don't think there's all that big of an issue about them being close together.

Getting excited for SDCC starting tomorrow! Really hoping we get more reveals for sets, maybe for the Flash movie that one set or I'm sure there will be Marvel Stuff. Also hoping we get the $500 reveal as well as some SDCC exclusives. I've heard from leakers that SDCC exclusive figs are extremely unlikely this year but I'm hoping those leak-stoppers at Lego just kept them hidden! Or at the very least they better do a little set like they've one in the past (like the Action Comics sets, or Batman rooftop, etc) 

2 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

[…] I'm hoping those leak-stoppers at Lego just kept them hidden! 

The exclusives never leaked beforehand. They were always officially revealed a couple of weeks ahead of the con itself. So the fact we haven’t heard anything yet simply means there aren’t any this year, in all likelihood :shrug_oh_well:

Good riddance, I say!

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Good riddance, I say!

I kind of agree. While some of the ddcc exclusive figs were cool the exclusivity of them sucked. I just hope they keep doing the little sets. Like Ultrons throne, the OG action comics thing, and stuff like that. It can feature an exclusive figure or not but the builds are usually super cool! 

Either way it is a little sad. I always enjoyed seeing what new figure they made each year and I was lucky enough to win one of the DCFandome Supergirls but she is one of the least desirable of all the exclusive figs made for sdcc/fandome.

Honestly, Shazam seems like a ton of fun and something that has to have a lot of appeal to kids. There's no way a set with the Shazamily fighting dragons wouldn't sell like hotcakes.

Those are two films that I would really like to see some love for, and really easy to conceive sets for too.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly, Shazam seems like a ton of fun and something that has to have a lot of appeal to kids. There's no way a set with the Shazamily fighting dragons wouldn't sell like hotcakes.

This is so true. I feel like Lego doesn't think about DC and Marvel the same. If you look at Thor 4 you have a few small sets mainly with like monsters or a small-ish build and then just figures and I think they do pretty well. 

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hope so. Still surprised that the first movie didn't get any sets (outside of that polybag that seemed loosely inspired), so hopefully this time will be different.

5 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

(outside of that polybag that seemed loosely inspired)

did that polybag even get released?

New set numbers and prices for superhero sets in 2023, reposting this from pricyplasticproduct on insta since no one has posted them in here yet.

Rumored January first release: 

76241 $15 (these have to be mechs since there are 3)

76242 $15

76243 $15

76244 $25

76245 $35

76247 $50

76249 $100

April 1st release

76253 $10 (probably a character pack like the recent thor+korg one)

76254 $35

76255 $100

Really hoping (praying, literally on my knees, DC and Lego please dear lord) these both are DC and Marvel sets. Although all of the numbers are in a row (although 76246 is missing? bigger set coming later ?) so they may just be Marvel :( unless anyone knows whether DC and Marvel sometimes go in consecutive order in set numbers. Again huge shoutout to pricyplasticproduct, no idea where he got it but still excited with this news

I suppose we're bound to get at least one Aquaman set in January, right? It seems likely. Apart from that, I don't know...

5 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

76253 $10 (probably a character pack like the recent thor+korg one)

Nope, those have different set numbers.

And I suppose all three of those sets, 76253–76255 are for Guardians of The Galaxy.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

On 7/24/2022 at 8:32 PM, PGBQW said:

did that polybag even get released?

On 7/26/2022 at 2:13 AM, BlueberryWaffles said:

I found it packed in with the Lego Shazam Magic and Monsters animated movie on DVD in a Walmart bin last year. If that Amazon listing is to be believed, it still comes packed in if you order it now. I don't think the polybag was released in any other form.

Yeah I got it with the dvd too.

12 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Seems like even an Aquaman 2 set could be a Batman-related set :grin:

That’s how we got Aquaman, Black Manta, and Ocean Master, through the ongoing ‘Batman meets… ‘ sets.