Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

It’s painful when the most exciting thing about a set is that the box design is hopeful.

I suppose that's kinda exactly what everyone expected. It's cute, but the fact that it's the only thing we're getting this year (without counting four January sets) is rather painful.

The fact it has new boxart is encouraging, especially since the delayed (?) Flash set obviously will feature a different design :thumbup: Call me a fool, but I‘m still hopeful for the two remaining SH sets :tongue:

12 hours ago, Do1633 said:

Don't know if the set was leaked anywhere before this (only saw minifigure pictures) but the set started turning up in stores.

(Admins- this isn't against the rules, right? Box pictures found at stores are fair game, correct?)

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/vri7wu/is_this_new_found_in_old_town_san_diego/

Yikes, uhh... Not sure how to feel about this one considering its the only new DC set we're getting. :laugh_hard:

Edited by Mister_Loki

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The fact it has new boxart is encouraging, especially since the delayed (?) Flash set obviously will feature a different design :thumbup: Call me a fool, but I‘m still hopeful for the two remaining SH sets :tongue:

Yes I'm hopeful too. The new design looks very promising, why invest in new box art if the theme is dead: you don't.

It's really sad that Marvel fans can speculate about a dozen sets and get disappointed when they get a mediocre set, but DC fans are excited about a new logo and box design for the one set of the year

3 hours ago, Do1633 said:

It's really sad that Marvel fans can speculate about a dozen sets and get disappointed when they get a mediocre set, but DC fans are excited about a new logo and box design for the one set of the year

Maybe, but that's due to the comparable movie franchises. Most of the sets are based off the highly successful films, but even those not based on the films have the advantage of the MCU in that, even if Cap or Thor is in a different outfit, kids still recognize the characters. DC's films have done pretty poorly in comparison, and as a result, the only character that really hits the heights of the MCU's "big three" or spider-man is batman (who, I will remind you, did technically already get 3 sets and a polybag this year). Kids haven't seen superman in a movie since 2017 (and what a movie that was), or a full animated series in what, a decade? (shorts nonwithstanding).

Yeah, it's a pity DC hasn't had the marketing to kids they need for LEGO sets

I hope we will get more minifig sized batmobiles from the past... the Tumbler is one of my Top 10 favourite sets.

The dark knight motorcycle with Catwoman or the Arkham knight Batmobile would surely sell well if done good.

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

I hope we will get more minifig sized batmobiles from the past... the Tumbler is one of my Top 10 favourite sets.

Last year‘s minifig-compatible Tumbler was indeed a stellar set, definitely one of my personal favourites as well! :sweet: 

I’m still wondering why they don‘t tap into that particular goldmine a bit more… Sure, the DCEU isn‘t doing so hot right now, but the TDK trilogy and the Burton/Schumacher era have so much to offer!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m still wondering why they don‘t tap into that particular goldmine a bit more… Sure, the DCEU isn‘t doing so hot right now, but the TDK trilogy and the Burton/Schumacher era have so much to offer!

Getting a UCS Bat-Vehicle every year seems to be the Best We get Right Now,Batmobile with Nicholson's Joker,a Tumbler with a New Ledger Outfit,or when Lego Batman Movie CMF included Figures based on The Donner Superman Movies,more stuff like this Please.

If we get a SDCC exclusive fig from DC I want it to be Black Adam, makes the most sense given we don't have a fig for him.

So I can't add the image but take a look at this Batcave MOC I made: https://www.instagram.com/bricks_by_jim/ 

It isn't even close to being done but this is what LEGO needs to make. It will be a full Batcave based off the old animated show and will be able to separate into upwards of 5 sections. It could be sold in smaller bits or as a whole but this is the scale LEGO should Make a collectors edition Batcave!!!

52 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

So I can't add the image but take a look at this Batcave MOC I made: https://www.instagram.com/bricks_by_jim/ 

It isn't even close to being done but this is what LEGO needs to make. It will be a full Batcave based off the old animated show and will be able to separate into upwards of 5 sections. It could be sold in smaller bits or as a whole but this is the scale LEGO should Make a collectors edition Batcave!!!

I love the method you used for the Batman Beyond Batmobile; I've followed you on IG. Looking forward to seeing the final Batcave!

I agree, I want to see a £400 Batcave. Maybe one day a £100 Moth cave too.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I love the method you used for the Batman Beyond Batmobile; I've followed you on IG. Looking forward to seeing the final Batcave!

I agree, I want to see a £400 Batcave. Maybe one day a £100 Moth cave too.

The problem with the Batcave (and why I suspect we've never truly gotten a comprehensive one) is that what makes it recognizable as the Batcave is large amounts of empty space. For a $400 set, you'd expect quite a lot of pieces, and if you have a large amount of pieces coupled with a lot of open space, the set's total footprint would be quite large. Look at the '66 Batcave, it's just three desperate pieces that if you squint while looking at kind of make it look like the Batcave. And it still cost $250. 

You could do the manor above it, but I would think unless it's gonna be a $600+ set that you'd only be able to do the first floor. I don't see how you do both the cave and manor and do them well at the same time without making it very, very expensive. I think the easier thing to do is go the Arkham route. I'd love to see them do a BTAS Arkham. The interior is never really shown in any great detail, so you can kind of do what you want when designing it, and you could have "The Trial" room as a reason for including a large amount of villain minifigs. Or just an Arkham that isn't linked to any specific media, like they did with the Bugle. Great excuse to have a ton of minifigs, a vehicle or two, and a lot of easter eggs. 

5 hours ago, steyin said:

If we get a SDCC exclusive fig from DC I want it to be Black Adam, makes the most sense given we don't have a fig for him.

Call me Mr Picky but I would rather have a Black Adam figure that I can afford, or at least have a chance of owning.

I would also be down for a Bugle-style DC set, heavy on the Easter eggs.

@NovaBricks This problem could be - at least in my opinion - easily solved using a few printed panels (like for the deathstar hallway background) or even large paper elements like the old Lego Studio set with the vampire had. That could give this impression of a huge space behind the build. Actually I never understood why lego didn´t do this more often. I loved the lego studio set with the moving background and even painted some myself when I was a kid.

I find extremely amusing that you guys complain about how Lego is always making the same sets over and over, and yet in an hypothetical scenario where you can make whatever set you want, you still decide to go with Arkham Asylum and a Batcave.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I find extremely amusing that you guys complain about how Lego is always making the same sets over and over, and yet in an hypothetical scenario where you can make whatever set you want, you still decide to go with Arkham Asylum and a Batcave.

In a hypothetical scenario I would like a gold standard Batcave, but I would rather see the Hall of Doom, Fortress of Solitude, and the Justice League satellite before that. If they can do a raft of Batmobiles they can do various hero/villain hideouts. Or if they really want to stick with vehicles then there’s other characters who have rides.

12 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Yeah, seriously. Arkham and the batcave have been done very well at the $100-200 size, and like others have said, a $500 batcave has it's own problems. A $500 arkham, in my opinion, doesn't bring anything to the table that the existing ones haven't done already. It'd just be more cells and figures. A Hall of Justice, on the other hand... now that's something we haven't gotten yet, at least.

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, seriously. Arkham and the batcave have been done very well at the $100-200 size, and like others have said, a $500 batcave has it's own problems. A $500 arkham, in my opinion, doesn't bring anything to the table that the existing ones haven't done already. It'd just be more cells and figures. A Hall of Justice, on the other hand... now that's something we haven't gotten yet, at least.

Agree on the Batcave, disagree on Arkham. The exterior of the Arkham sets has been very minimal and pretty boring. A $500 fleshing-out of the Asylum would be very welcome if accompanied by a trove of minifigs. They had a Daily Bugle that was essentially just a facade before, in the same manner of the old Arkham sets, and that didn't stop them from going back and doing a far more detailed version.

Hall of Justice would be an insta-buy for me, but I'm not sure it needs to be $500. Perhaps I'm wrong. Having a hard time visualizing it.

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Agree on the Batcave, disagree on Arkham. The exterior of the Arkham sets has been very minimal and pretty boring. A $500 fleshing-out of the Asylum would be very welcome if accompanied by a trove of minifigs. They had a Daily Bugle that was essentially just a facade before, in the same manner of the old Arkham sets, and that didn't stop them from going back and doing a far more detailed version.

Hall of Justice would be an insta-buy for me, but I'm not sure it needs to be $500. Perhaps I'm wrong. Having a hard time visualizing it.

I thought the 2013 and 2017 Arkhams were both very nice. Sure, they're not the deepest sets, but they fit a variety of cells and look very nice and Gothic. I think a mix of the two, one with the 2017 model's layout and exterior but the 2013 model's cell count, would be very solid and come in at under $200. But point is, you've got options. With the Hall of Justice, the exterior has to have the fountain out front and the massive arches, and the interior needs to be more spacious and not as cramped as Arkham is able to look. I'm not saying it needs to be $500, but since we haven't had one, I'd much rather have it than a fourth arkham at that size. Plus, there's a LOT of interior that can be done. The conference room, trophy room, statues, locker/equipment room, etc have all featured in various media (they could even do the morgue, since it's 18+, though they would probably still want to avoid that), and all would look very nice if they were more spacious than your typical arkham cell or office.

Edited by Mandalorianknight