Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm still shocked that they're going ahead with this movie after what Ezra Miller did in Hawaii (and a little annoyed considering projects have been cancelled for a lot less), but I guess if they're still confident in the movie, there's got to be something there.

I mean, you just don't cancel a movie that's already fully filmed and paid for.

40 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Also why did everyone assume 76221 would be Marvel?

Was it a leaker suggesting this? 

Promobricks listed all the sets under Marvel subtheme.

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Also why did everyone assume 76221 would be Marvel?

Could be something like set 76159 from 2019. Similar piece count!

Because a lot of people took Promobricks’ listings as absolute gospel, so anyone who suggested anything marginally different was categorically wrong and shut down in the usual fashion. Standard EB fare.

I own 76159, guess I blotted it out. I jest, I like the Robincycle and the figures.

16 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

The new suit and bike seem appropriate for a Lego set. I understand wanting more variety character wise but I think apart from the Batmen that the Flash movie is going to be an absolute dumpster fire (being stuck in development so long) so I don't think the other stuff is going to have much longevity.

where are pics of a new batfeck suit?

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe a villain of some sort, but since they seem to be pretending that they're keeping... that villain secret, I don't think we'll see him.

Havent really kept up with the movie, whos the villain? 

My interest in The Flash has massively dissipated, but this sounds like a cool set. I’m hoping the Batmobile design isn’t too different from the 1989 one and that Lego doesn’t cheap out and uses that ‘89 cowl from the D2C’s. (Though that may make it difficult for Bats to sit down.)

I have to imagine that the set will include something else to use up that piece count and price, as Keaton’s Batmobile isn’t as big and bulky as the Tumbler, which is set at a similar price point. I’m not really a DCEU fan but it’d be cool to get a new Batfleck and his motorcycle here. I’d also like Supergirl, but for now, I’m just guessing that we’re going to get Keaton Batman and The Flash.

On a second thought, do we know as a fact that it will be Keaton's Batmobile?

Like it could as well be Affleck's bike and a random criminal's truck or something like that too

8 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

On a second thought, do we know as a fact that it will be Keaton's Batmobile?

Like it could as well be Affleck's bike and a random criminal's truck or something like that too

well the set is literally called batmobile: flash tracking, so its most likely Keaton's unless there is another one in the movie 

3 minutes ago, Surge said:

well the set is literally called batmobile: flash tracking, so its most likely Keaton's unless there is another one in the movie 

I totally skiped that 💀

Lmao, live how people used Google Translate and came up with th random Flash Tracking name :jollyroger:

It's Batmobile: Flash Chase.

Of course the only set made for a Flash solo movie is a Batmobile. :laugh: Honestly, I am still very excited for it if it's the 1989 Batmobile as assumed. Even if it's modified, I'll modify it right back to the original look.

Guessing if they do Keaton's Batman as a minifig in the set, he'll go back to the standard cowl, something like this but maybe with a new torso.

I still can't believe that we've never gotten a Batman minifig with normal eyes for the movie versions after this long. Finally got my hands on the Battinson minifig and it just doesn't look great between the white eyes and the lack of dual-molded legs.

3 hours ago, Surge said:

where are pics of a new batfeck suit?

Havent really kept up with the movie, whos the villain? 

Spoiler

I haven't much either, but between leaks and the bit of trailer we've had, it seems like most of the internet is dead set that the other ezra miller character is Reverse Flash.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lmao, live how people used Google Translate and came up with th random Flash Tracking name :jollyroger:

It's Batmobile: Flash Chase.

That makes more sense. I do wonder if they intend to place batman and flash in opposition for the marketing, then, sort of like how they origionally planned for NWH to be marketed as spider-man vs doctor strange.

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I still can't believe that we've never gotten a Batman minifig with normal eyes for the movie versions after this long. Finally got my hands on the Battinson minifig and it just doesn't look great between the white eyes and the lack of dual-molded legs.

This is one of the reasons I haven't picked up any battinson sets. I hate how little effort went into that minifigure. I'm guessing we don't have the movie eyes because the current cowls have the eye holes above where the standard figure eyes go, so it'd look really weird as a minifigure head, but c'mon, you can make a single new mold to fix that. Captain america, flash himself, tons of characters have shown that's possible.

34 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That makes more sense. I do wonder if they intend to place batman and flash in opposition for the marketing, then, sort of like how they origionally planned for NWH to be marketed as spider-man vs doctor strange.

They don't. 

The trailer shown at Cinema Con ends with Flash recruiting Batman. They aren't going this way.

Good to know the DC theme is still alive! But there’s no way this set won’t get delayed until around March :tongue: Sure, previous sets based on delayed films were mostly released on schedule (Eternals being a prominent exception), but this time the delay was announced pretty early. Plenty of time to adjust set production schedules.

So unless Black Adam or Shazam 2 get sets or some surprise comic-based sets are in the pipeline, this is probably it for DC this year :shrug_oh_well:

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Good to know the DC theme is still alive! But there’s no way this set won’t get delayed until around March :tongue: Sure, previous sets based on delayed films were mostly released on schedule (Eternals being a prominent exception), but this time the delay was announced pretty early. Plenty of time to adjust set production schedules.

So unless Black Adam or Shazam 2 get sets or some surprise comic-based sets are in the pipeline, this is probably it for DC this year :shrug_oh_well:

Black Adam was supposed to come out four months before The Flash. We would've heard about the sets by now.

It sucks so much that LEGO isn't using the Shazam! corner of the DC, it literally has the biggest set potential. Colorful superheroes teams, spaceships, mythical creatures, ancient gods - what more could you possibly want?

I hope Aquaman gets a set tho. Should've bought a set for the first one.

Also, still alive? I would call it beaten to death and barely breathing :tongue:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, still alive? I would call it beaten to death and barely breathing :tongue:

I only said “alive”, I didn’t specify in which state the theme is :laugh_hard: 

It can bounce back though! …if WB can finally get their **** together

It's not WB's fault in the slightest.

Just this year we've got Peacemaker, The Batman, DC League of Super-Pets, Black Adam, Shazam!, and Batgirl.

I have no idea if there's an issue with merchandise, or LEGO just simply doesn't want to make DC sets. Shazam! alone has bigger set potential than 90% of MCU movies.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not WB's fault in the slightest.

I meant having a clear plan, so merchandising partners can confidently invest into their DC products :tongue: The constant back and forth with their approach (solo films vs the DCEU), shifting release dates, and platforms (streaming vs theatrical, see Batgirl) probably doesn’t inspire much confidence :shrug_oh_well:

I agree that Shazam seems like a good fit! I hope TLG see it the same way. No idea how well the merch for the first film sold

I'm quite hyped for a new '89-92 Batmobile, and getting a new Keaton and Flash figure certainly cannot hurt, particularly considering their bricklink prices. The big thing I hope for is really a new mold for the cockpit. I quite like the GWP design, but the windshield is just not accurate, and I haven't found an MOC (is it an MOC or a MOC?) that both looks accurate and allows for Batman to fit in there. I don't believe any of the current part selection would really work, so that may be the best solution.

i dont think this is a spoiler but ill tag it just in case

Spoiler

reports from the set suggest the Batmobile will be a four seater to accommodate Bats and two flashes

7 hours ago, Mattallica said:

i dont think this is a spoiler but ill tag it just in case

Hide contents

reports from the set suggest the Batmobile will be a four seater to accommodate Bats and two flashes

I suppose just saying "the batmobile in this one is supposedly able to seat 4 people inside" isn't a spoiler, right? I forget if all the characters you say are in it are officially revealed or not, so I could see character 3 being considered a spoiler, but the seating number of the batmobile itself can't possibly be considered a spoiler?

Either way, I'm guessing that means this batmobile is a 2-seater.

The LEGOCon 2022 announcement video has all kinds of licenses and themes flash up ... except DC

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I suppose just saying "the batmobile in this one is supposedly able to seat 4 people inside" isn't a spoiler, right? I forget if all the characters you say are in it are officially revealed or not, so I could see character 3 being considered a spoiler, but the seating number of the batmobile itself can't possibly be considered a spoiler?

Either way, I'm guessing that means this batmobile is a 2-seater.

all the characters were shown in the first trailer

7 hours ago, pjonze said:

The LEGOCon 2022 announcement video has all kinds of licenses and themes flash up ... except DC

It's not like they have anything to show :jollyroger:

On 5/16/2022 at 12:52 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Black Adam was supposed to come out four months before The Flash. We would've heard about the sets by now.

It sucks so much that LEGO isn't using the Shazam! corner of the DC, it literally has the biggest set potential. Colorful superheroes teams, spaceships, mythical creatures, ancient gods - what more could you possibly want?

I hope Aquaman gets a set tho. Should've bought a set for the first one.

I personally think Shazam! sets would be too similar to The Eternals sets with "colorful superheroes teams, spaceships, mystical creatures, (and) ancient gods". I don't need more of those sets with bland minifigures that pretty much look the same minus the different the color suits, but with the same white capes and lightning bolts on the chest. That being said, give me some Black Adam sets with Atom Smasher, Doctor Fate, Hawkman and the long overdue Back Adam minifig. That's what I want.