Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Hear me out: a quotes set with the line "This is why Superman works alone."

I'll take your entire stock

9 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Comic covers. Like dark knight returns. Or action comics 1. Or blackest night, boy that would be sick

They've done action comics 1 before as a comic con set, but yeah I think comic covers would work well. Given the overall superhero genre's current reliance on films and TV, though, I think more standard qoutes sets are more likely. A tumbler action diorama with "does it come in black", Batman vs joker with "why so serious?", maybe something 1989 based with just "I'm batman", there are a ton of options for batman alone

17 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A tumbler action diorama with "does it come in black", Batman vs joker with "why so serious?", maybe something 1989 based with just "I'm batman", there are a ton of options for batman alone

I’d buy any of these in a heartbeat :wub: More sets based on the Burton/Schumacher films and/or the TDK trilogy would be welcome in any way, shape, or form :thumbup: I’m still holding out hope for a follow-up set to last year’s minifig-scale Tumbler 

So the encyclopaedia arrived today with Val-Zod not in a bubble like previous editions, but instead hiding behind an advent calendar window. The most notable thing is that there isn’t a single mention of Klarion, let alone a potential tease for the future.

29 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

So the encyclopaedia arrived today with Val-Zod not in a bubble like previous editions, but instead hiding behind an advent calendar window. The most notable thing is that there isn’t a single mention of Klarion, let alone a potential tease for the future.

What was the whole Klarion mention even about, then? That’s frustrating. Maybe (fingers crossed!) there was a wave that was delayed until next year with him in it?

1 minute ago, The Pearson said:

What was the whole Klarion mention even about, then? That’s frustrating. Maybe (fingers crossed!) there was a wave that was delayed until next year with him in it?

It is really odd, mainly because he’s not a top tier character that has a high chance of appearing, or even an older one off. He’s not been prominent in the games or the DTV films, so I struggle to see how they managed to accidentally namedrop him. Hopefully it is as you say an inadvertent leak.

On 5/5/2022 at 1:55 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

They've done action comics 1 before as a comic con set, but yeah I think comic covers would work well. Given the overall superhero genre's current reliance on films and TV, though, I think more standard qoutes sets are more likely. A tumbler action diorama with "does it come in black", Batman vs joker with "why so serious?", maybe something 1989 based with just "I'm batman", there are a ton of options for batman alone

I know but it was a con exclusive, and I'm not gonna bricklink all the parts to recreate the build

The green car roof is still exclusive to that set so it can't be recreated 1:1, but it would be a good basis for a MOC styled after the dioramas. I think some quality MOCs would be a better way to drive up excitement for DC sets than just wishing there were more.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

On 5/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, RedHoodPug said:

It is really odd, mainly because he’s not a top tier character that has a high chance of appearing, or even an older one off. He’s not been prominent in the games or the DTV films, so I struggle to see how they managed to accidentally namedrop him. Hopefully it is as you say an inadvertent leak.

He played a decently sized role in the latest season of Young Justice, not that that really means anything.

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Actual DC news? 

76221 is a Batmobile set based off the flash movie. Doubt we see it this year 

1989 I wonder. Makes the GWP aftermarket pricing redundant 

Looks like we are getting a Flash movie set, and it will be an affordable way to get Keaton and his Batmobile 😍 I am hyped. Oh and I guess the yellow and red dude is a cool inclusion too 😂

29 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Looks like we are getting a Flash movie set, and it will be an affordable way to get Keaton and his Batmobile 😍 I am hyped. Oh and I guess the yellow and red dude is a cool inclusion too 😂

Holy Cow! At last some positive news excellent stuff. I think the classic Batmobile has been “tweaked” for the new film so we should get an updated model hopefully?

76221 costs 45€ and has 456 pieces. The initial release date was August 1st, but due to the movie getting delayed to June 2023, March 1st 2023 is the release date I would expect now.

Translating the set name using a previous Romanian DC set name (76180), it's gonna be Batmobile: Flash Chase.

There was another Super Heroes set slated for August, 76220 (15€ with 42 pieces - a 4+ set), so it could also turn out to be for The Flash.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

1989 I wonder. Makes the GWP aftermarket pricing redundant 

I'm pretty sure they'll update the batmobile in the movie, so the Lego set will be different to the GWP.

Also, this one is a playset so it's so gonna have a cannon or something like that.

Edited by PGBQW

1 hour ago, scottypavarotti said:

Holy Cow! At last some positive news excellent stuff. I think the classic Batmobile has been “tweaked” for the new film so we should get an updated model hopefully?

Oh too bad it has been tweaked, then I still need to hunt down the 1989 Batmobile GWP.

Ideally, this set comes with The Flash, Batman (Keaton) with his Batmobile and Batman (Affleck) with his Batcycle, that's what I'd hope. But it would be pretty confusing to have two Batmen in one set.

Edited by JekPorkchops

8 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

Oh too bad it has been tweaked, then I still need to hunt down the 1989 Batmobile GWP.

Ideally, this set comes with The Flash, Batman (Keaton) with his Batmobile and Batman (Affleck) with his Batcycle, that's what I'd hope. But it would be pretty confusing to have two Batmen in one set.

We've got batfleck already, let's get someone else...

At 456 pieces this is bigger than all of the other Batmobiles except the TLBM ones. I’d say if it’s a modded ‘89 car then there’s something else in the set.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

We've got batfleck already, let's get someone else...

The new suit and bike seem appropriate for a Lego set. I understand wanting more variety character wise but I think apart from the Batmen that the Flash movie is going to be an absolute dumpster fire (being stuck in development so long) so I don't think the other stuff is going to have much longevity.

1 hour ago, JekPorkchops said:

The new suit and bike seem appropriate for a Lego set. I understand wanting more variety character wise but I think apart from the Batmen that the Flash movie is going to be an absolute dumpster fire (being stuck in development so long) so I don't think the other stuff is going to have much longevity.

I'm still shocked that they're going ahead with this movie after what Ezra Miller did in Hawaii (and a little annoyed considering projects have been cancelled for a lot less), but I guess if they're still confident in the movie, there's got to be something there. Either that or it's such a train wreck they just want to throw it into theatres and be done with it.

I share the pipe dream of both Keaton and Batfleck appearing, but I think most likely it'll be a modified batmobile with small side build, Miller's Flash, Keaton's Batman using the type 2 cowl instead of the Keaton Cowl/cape, and Sasha Calle's Supergirl. Maybe a villain of some sort, but since they seem to be pretending that they're keeping... that villain secret, I don't think we'll see him.

I must be dreaming, some actual set news at last. I'm 95% sure it won't be coming out this year anymore thanks to the film being pushed back to next year, but it'd be really great if it ended up being put out early accidentally. 

I knew from the minute that Keaton was announced to return as his Batman that we'd end up getting a set with the 1989 Batmobile if we got sets based on this movie, and those leaked set photos of Keaton's Batcave/the tease at the end of the trailer shown at DC Fandome last year sealed the deal. I don't think this is going to be Affleck's Batmobile since it seems like his main vehicle that'll be getting more focus in the film is that giant Batcycle that was being filmed last year (which honestly looks like it'd be perfect as a set, it's already oversized). Lego definitely knows that a lot of people would jump at the chance to get the '89 Batmobile that's a general release this time instead of a GWP that still goes for ridiculous amounts of money on eBay/Bricklink, and seeing how the 1966 Batmobile and Tumbler sets are STILL going on Backorder to this day, this set is going to sell like crazy. 

I just hope they keep the same amazing attention to detail that was used for both those Batmobiles for this, instead of making it look overly kiddified in its appearance. Off the top of my head I can think of a number of different changes that they could use to make sure it doesn't feel like they're just repackaging the GWP set, the biggest one being that they could use the Speed Champions chassis piece to finally make this a two seater. Every minifigure scale version of the Batmobile that Lego has made up till now that was either directly based/inspired by the 1989 design has kept it as a one-seater, going as far back as the 2006 Batmobile from the original Batman theme. This one fix would already allow it to be a huge upgrade from all the others, alongside maybe getting some round 1x1 tiles with the bat logo printed on them for the hubcaps, a unique windscreen piece that gives it the split window effect (I'd take it as a sticker too), and brick built fins instead of using those single bat fin pieces. Bonus points if they could incorporate the machine guns as a play feature instead of slapping on a pair of stud shooters and calling it a day, but if the 1966 Batmobile and Tumbler had them, they'll no doubt show up here too. At least those are a super easy fix. 

Man I can't wait to see images of this set, getting a Keaton Batman figure that'll finally be able to actually fit in his own Batmobile is going to be great (even though the suit is actually a bit different compared to the 1989/Batman Returns suits).

Edited by TheBatstan

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76221 costs 45€ and has 456 pieces. The initial release date was August 1st, but due to the movie getting delayed to June 2023, March 1st 2023 is the release date I would expect now.

Translating the set name using a previous Romanian DC set name (76180), it's gonna be Batmobile: Flash Chase.

There was another Super Heroes set slated for August, 76220 (15€ with 42 pieces - a 4+ set), so it could also turn out to be for The Flash.

Finally some DC news!

Be cool if it included the batbike with Affleck figures.  Seems likeba decent sized set! 

There is still another 3 set numbers with no sub theme allocation!

Also why did everyone assume 76221 would be Marvel?

Was it a leaker suggesting this? 

4 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Um, not sure where your getting your information from buddy.  But the movie had positive a test screening.  Delays due to covid! And the June date is homage to the 89 original release date. And of course it's summer movie season!

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

At 456 pieces this is bigger than all of the other Batmobiles except the TLBM ones. I’d say if it’s a modded ‘89 car then there’s something else in the set.

Could be something like set 76159 from 2019. Similar piece count!

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I must be dreaming, some actual set news at last. I'm 95% sure it won't be coming out this year anymore thanks to the film being pushed back to next year, but it'd be really great if it ended up being put out early accidentally. 

I knew from the minute that Keaton was announced to return as his Batman that we'd end up getting a set with the 1989 Batmobile if we got sets based on this movie, and those leaked set photos of Keaton's Batcave/the tease at the end of the trailer shown at DC Fandome last year sealed the deal. I don't think this is going to be Affleck's Batmobile since it seems like his main vehicle that'll be getting more focus in the film is that giant Batcycle that was being filmed last year (which honestly looks like it'd be perfect as a set, it's already oversized). Lego definitely knows that a lot of people would jump at the chance to get the '89 Batmobile that's a general release this time instead of a GWP that still goes for ridiculous amounts of money on eBay/Bricklink, and seeing how the 1966 Batmobile and Tumbler sets are STILL going on Backorder to this day, this set is going to sell like crazy. 

I just hope they keep the same amazing attention to detail that was used for both those Batmobiles for this, instead of making it look overly kiddified in its appearance. Off the top of my head I can think of a number of different changes that they could use to make sure it doesn't feel like they're just repackaging the GWP set, the biggest one being that they could use the Speed Champions chassis piece to finally make this a two seater. Every minifigure scale version of the Batmobile that Lego has made up till now that was either directly based/inspired by the 1989 design has kept it as a one-seater, going as far back as the 2006 Batmobile from the original Batman theme. This one fix would already allow it to be a huge upgrade from all the others, alongside maybe getting some round 1x1 tiles with the bat logo printed on them for the hubcaps, a unique windscreen piece that gives it the split window effect (I'd take it as a sticker too), and brick built fins instead of using those single bat fin pieces. Bonus points if they could incorporate the machine guns as a play feature instead of slapping on a pair of stud shooters and calling it a day, but if the 1966 Batmobile and Tumbler had them, they'll no doubt show up here too. At least those are a super easy fix. 

Man I can't wait to see images of this set, getting a Keaton Batman figure that'll finally be able to actually fit in his own Batmobile is going to be great (even though the suit is actually a bit different compared to the 1989/Batman Returns suits).

Spot on! I just comment LED we could get another vehicle within this set, but it could also be a well detailed set!

Never know we may have a similar bunch of sets to the Batman movie,  small bike set, and a 89 bat-cave,  leaked photos shows its very lego friendly to be converted into a set!

Ah time will tell!

We just need more DC sets this year!