Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Maybe we will see something connected or at least inspired by the animated bathound movie? I mean, it is a movie for children, animals sell quite well in general, so...?

Edited by Gorilla94

5 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Maybe we will see something connected or at least inspired by the animated bathound movie? I mean, it is a movie for children, animals sell quite well in general, so...?

It had a nice looking Batmobile in the trailer lol

Either that or

Batman Returns 30 year anniversary D2C

Batman the Animated series 30 year anniversary D2C

The new leaks team seems to be doing a great job (damn it lol)

Also I see the bi monthly megazine release we have another bat bike poly bag releasing! 

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Also I see the bi monthly megazine release we have another bat bike poly bag releasing! 

Where are there pics? I love this things ❤️ 

Edit: I found it. Apparently I saw it the other day but didn’t register it! It doesn’t look like it can take a minifig, though.

Edited by The Pearson

On 4/13/2022 at 6:05 AM, The Pearson said:

Where are there pics? I love this things ❤️ 

Edit: I found it. Apparently I saw it the other day but didn’t register it! It doesn’t look like it can take a minifig, though.

I'm not sure as well! As there was also a image of Robin with a gyro copter looking device on his back for the next release.  

But yes these polybags are fun! Hope they continue!

I've been reading this forum for a bit and I hate to see all the pessimistic feelings about DC but its understandable. 

Although I think Batman sets will continue to do well and be released. We may have a year or two gap with fewer sets but by the time of the next Pattinson movie I believe it will be better. I am also anticipating that we will get a Collectors addition version of his Batmobile at some point in the future, probably when the next movie comes out hopefully.

But lets stay optimistic! I've loved Batman sets forever and I hope Lego continues doing a great job and we just have to hope that Batman still sells!

5 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

Although I think Batman sets will continue to do well and be released. We may have a year or two gap with fewer sets but by the time of the next Pattinson movie I believe it will be better. I am also anticipating that we will get a Collectors addition version of his Batmobile at some point in the future, probably when the next movie comes out hopefully.

I think the $100 technic batmobile fills the collector slot, at least for now. 

I do think we'll continue to get Batman sets, as Batman still sells, but it is sad to see how little we get for other themes. I really only collect a bit of Batman as far as DC goes, but I want a superman figure, and we haven't had one for four years. I'm not asking for the full snyder cut figures (which is pretty unlikely now even if the pipe dream of further snyder films happens, since Ezra Miller he'd rather be more of a reverse flash IRL, so I doubt we'll see a snyder flash figure ever again), or a wave of TDK sets, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to hope that there's a Superman, Wonder Woman, and Robin on shelves at least once every 2 years, right? And yet it's been 4 years since the last superman, 2 each for Wonder Woman and Robin (more if you wanted an actual wonder woman and not the eagle one), with no sign of new ones on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the $100 technic batmobile fills the collector slot, at least for now. 

I do think we'll continue to get Batman sets, as Batman still sells, but it is sad to see how little we get for other themes. I really only collect a bit of Batman as far as DC goes, but I want a superman figure, and we haven't had one for four years. I'm not asking for the full snyder cut figures (which is pretty unlikely now even if the pipe dream of further snyder films happens, since Ezra Miller he'd rather be more of a reverse flash IRL, so I doubt we'll see a snyder flash figure ever again), or a wave of TDK sets, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to hope that there's a Superman, Wonder Woman, and Robin on shelves at least once every 2 years, right? And yet it's been 4 years since the last superman, 2 each for Wonder Woman and Robin (more if you wanted an actual wonder woman and not the eagle one), with no sign of new ones on the horizon.

Superman isn't expensive on Bricklink. I'd recommend getting a TLBM-Version, giving him dual moulded legs for the boots and getting the custom Cape with his Logo on it from capes4minifigures. The result is good enough to be a cmf.

With all the CinemaCon descriptions of the upcoming movies, I really hope LEGO doesn't abandon DC.

Black Adam and Shazam! would make for fantastic LEGO sets. I mean come on, the latter has a family of colorful superheroes, and the villains are ancient goddesses with a huge dragon! What more could you possibly want? 

I suppose The Flash is the only safe bet, as it's pretty Batman focused.

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I suppose The Flash is the only safe bet, as it's pretty Batman focused.

Dude, I think the movie itself isn't a safe bet anymore, the lead actor's been arrested.

9 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Haha, had me a little excited for a minute that there was a new set or something. Of course, I meant the actual superman, Clark Kent. (Also, is that guy even remotely known? I mean, if we're doing superman variants, we haven't had mulletman, a non-comic con black suit superman, a Calvin Ellis, his son, etc)

15 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Superman isn't expensive on Bricklink. I'd recommend getting a TLBM-Version, giving him dual moulded legs for the boots and getting the custom Cape with his Logo on it from capes4minifigures. The result is good enough to be a cmf.

Thanks! I'll either do that (only the official parts though), or get the Dawn of Justice one.

27 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Dude, I think the movie itself isn't a safe bet anymore, the lead actor's been arrested.

It's not like they are gonna waste $200M.

We all knew they were gonna promote this one mainly with Batman - now It's just gonna be all Batman.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:39 PM, NovaBricks said:

Lol they may as well just turn the movie into a third Keaton Batman film at this point 

I personally have no issue with this lol

On 4/28/2022 at 8:39 AM, NovaBricks said:

Lol they may as well just turn the movie into a third Keaton Batman film at this point 

Isn‘t it already, kind of? :laugh_hard:

I do hope they‘ll release a couple of sets based on it next spring. If they‘re even skipping that one, the DC theme is done for :wacko:

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I always see these lulls, as a chance to throw in a couple of retro-comic based sets.

And unfortunately we've seen that they don't do that. 2021 had 0 kid-friendly DC films release (Honestly I think the snyder cut would have been fine if they did 18+ sets, but I totally get why they don't want anything that could be seen as a tie-in with the suicide squad or peacemaker), and we got 0 comic sets. A few '66 sets, a few TDK sets, and that was it. Not complaining (well, actually yes, if you're gonna do TDK sets give us more, and don't lock the one of the best film performances ever behind a UCS set), but yeah, no comic sets, though I guess '66 sets are pretty retro.

Such a sad day for DC Lego fans.  No new sets while other themes seem to be blossoming! 

Agian, if one of these larger websites, can confirm if there will be anything at all this year, or otherwise, I guess I'll take my hard earned money and spend it on a DC Iron Studio statue!

Lego is big on diversity and inclusion recently so while The Flash does have its issues (my man Ezra seems to be going crazy lol) but if it does well I could totally see Batgirl getting some sets. I mean the movie will have Keaton so you've got the Batman aspect to sell but it could have sets that have a female lead! Which we have only really seen in Wonder Woman (in terms of DC sets) Also a firefly figure could be pretty cool, much like a vulture figure with wings. 

It was mentioned to do older retro comic sets (which I would love) but DC and Lego are missing out on a huge market: the animated series!!! Not only Batman but Superman and Justice League. While these shows aren't exactly popular with todays kids they were all very solid. I mean BTAS is basically included in the best Batman media we have ever gotten. Its very classic and retro, has a bunch of characters with awesome designs, as well as having many episodes to draw from.

^^^^

Also comic fans may be a niche market but I do think a large portion of it remains untapped and a well marketed lego dc cmf could find success

As for christina hodson's batgirl I don't care

Edited by thephantasm

11 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

[…] but if it does well I could totally see Batgirl getting some sets. I

Only if the rumours are true and it‘s getting a theatrical release after all. I can‘t see them releasing sets based on an HBOmax-exclusive film :laugh:

As people have pointed out, the diorama’s provide a good opportunity for sets, but I have a hard time thinking of specific scenes they could base anything off (assuming that they’re only interested in doing Batman). Maybe Joker going into the chemicals from Killing Joke? The rest of that comic is too dark for LEGO to touch. Maybe the fight at the end of the Dark Knight Returns? I think something like “The Trial” from BTAS would be really cool. Even the shark scene from Batman ‘66 would be funny. 

19 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

As people have pointed out, the diorama’s provide a good opportunity for sets, but I have a hard time thinking of specific scenes they could base anything off (assuming that they’re only interested in doing Batman). Maybe Joker going into the chemicals from Killing Joke? The rest of that comic is too dark for LEGO to touch. Maybe the fight at the end of the Dark Knight Returns? I think something like “The Trial” from BTAS would be really cool. Even the shark scene from Batman ‘66 would be funny. 

Hear me out: a quotes set with the line "This is why Superman works alone."

14 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Comic covers. Like dark knight returns. Or action comics 1. Or blackest night, boy that would be sick