Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It's only been on shelves for 6 months so I hope not, it won't strengthen DC's case as a theme.

More like 2 years

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

More like 2 years

My bad, for some reason I read "$40 Tumbler". My brain is in bad shape it seems.

Yeah the 1989 Batmobile is definitely gone @legobagel. Sorry.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

On 3/18/2022 at 9:10 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

What kind of hint do you expect? The designers are sworn to secrecy, they can‘t just blurt out any random hints :tongue: Besides, if there‘s nothing planned for this year in the first place, we also won‘t hear anything, simple as that. The only time I can recall where the lack of new products was clearly addressed was Vidiyo, and I really don‘t think the DC theme is on the verge of being cancelled.

We just need to be patient :classic:

Well aware mate,  I just thought I bug these designers as these fake leaks are getting crazy.  

At least tell one of the reporting websites there is no more DC sets for this year. 

Be nice to plan a budget.  

I'm tired of been patient! They need to change the way they communicate to fans   

On 3/18/2022 at 8:53 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Out of all the set numbers we know of, there are no DC sets remaining for 2022.

Yes but there is plenty more set numbers! 

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Yes but there is plenty more set numbers! 

Are there? We have no further indication that there are.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Are there? We have no further indication that there are.

There are set numbers that aren't Marvel or DC. Or rather they're both DC and Marvel until assigned. Schrodinger's set numbers.

55 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

There are set numbers that aren't Marvel or DC. Or rather they're both DC and Marvel until assigned. Schrodinger's set numbers.

Actually, no. All of them are Marvel.

It's already been confirmed by Promobricks. 

I emailed Promobricks to ask if that list was set in stone or if there was any likelihood of change, but they didn’t reply. Either they’re ignoring me or haven’t seen it. 

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Actually, no. All of them are Marvel.

It's already been confirmed by Promobricks. 

We've already had this discussion, it hasn't been "confirmed".

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We've already had this discussion, it hasn't been "confirmed".

When? Because as far as I'm concerned, if Promobricks says something, then we have no reason not to believe them. They're the most reliable source out there. Literally no one more reliable than them.

On 3/10/2022 at 10:06 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

Thank you so much!

I wonder if PB has them all listed under Marvel by default similar to how electric bricks has everything listed under DC by default until confirmed.

On 3/10/2022 at 11:07 PM, upliftingbricks said:

In the Marvel chat Scarilian posted that the list had been updated (not sure if there were under DC before or not included in any list). Its possible to be as you say. Promobricks are generally accurate but they have made mistakes in the past though generally minor ones.

They'll be DC sets this year at some point but it'll be a couple at most. Still got to believe there will be at least least one 10th Anniversary of the theme set for DC and Marvel 

This is my final comment. I am not going to keep repeating myself on the same subject on everyother page.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

I get that its not been confirmed but I’m not too optimistic about getting a lot. Hopefully once this new Batman cartoon launches we start seeing more sets but as mentioned before we’ve had a handful of animated series on the air since the start of this theme and Lego has never capitalized on that.

Not very optimistic but considering this is a year I have so many expenses outside of Lego to focus on not really complaining. Plus I have so much from my dark ages to catch up on I’m not too mad at another slow year because sealed versions of some of the many sets I missed out on in my dark ages are 1. Extremely expensive and 2. Not infinite (they will run out someday and I need to hustle to get sealed copies of these retired sets while I still can) so kind of blessed I don’t need to focus on any new releases that feel tempting..

But while my wallet is resting I certainly hope eventually this theme picks up steam. I do think a lot of ground has been covered, but I also think a lot needs to be revisited and a lot more needs to be covered. We shouldn’t just have one variant of Hawkgirl, Black Canary, or Superboy. Just examples but they among several others have costumes from different eras I’d like to see represented eventually. 

While I would say a lot of ground has been covered with this theme, with DC more than Marvel it feels like once a character is released, you need to rush to get it because its very unlikely they’ll be revisited. This is made even more unfortunate when I consider how many characters weren’t quite done justice their first go around (badum tiss)

Examples include Hawkgirl, who neither got accurate helmet mold, or her accurate underwear/shorts color. Her briefs should have been red and Hawkmans mold on her looked clunky. Or Raven, who only appeared in a dimensions pack and in a TTG variant, not quite comic based. Both characters imo should be revisited .

speaking of figures I don’t think they got right, and I’m surprised no ones ever really brought this up, but Flash and Batman still need to get their legs done right. Not only do these characters have boots but they should have indentations. Flash’s boots curve in a V shape. Not always, but I would like to see that v line at the boot sometime with Lego (think wonder twins boot printing, but in yellow/red). Additionally Batman’s boots should have the bat cowl at the very head of the boot.

you get the gist, there’s more to see for this theme but not complaining about another slow year cause I got dark age sets and real world expenses at my throat currently so I can be patient. But 10 years in and no Doctor Fate, Vixen, or Teen Titans villain besides Deathstroke? :/ 

Well there’s a Robin minifigure/polybag as a promotion in the coming months so they haven’t completely forgotten about DC, though we’ll just have to wait and see if they give us anything else

1 hour ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Well there’s a Robin minifigure/polybag as a promotion in the coming months so they haven’t completely forgotten about DC, though we’ll just have to wait and see if they give us anything else

where is this news from?

14 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Not really. It's from a magazine that comes out every two months.

What do you think of the new Joker?

I've never been a fan of Lee Bermejo's Joker, but I think it was necessary to set this version apart from all the rest

But

Do you think is too gruesome for LEGO?

I don't think it's too gruesome at all. But even if they don't end up making one for Barry Keoghan's Joker, Jestro's head from Nexo Knights is a surprisingly great substitute:

s-l400.jpg

This thread will likely have no traction so I just want to reiterate a big brick you to whoever lied about us getting The Tower of Fate.

Also I’m starting to think we read way too deep into Lego’s senseless decision to name drop Klarion in a book and it’s very possible he will not show up at all. 

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

Also I’m starting to think we read way too deep into Lego’s senseless decision to name drop Klarion in a book and it’s very possible he will not show up at all. 

IIRC the book blurb mentioned him as a character not a minifig, but nonetheless I'm hopeful for something. The tower of fate itself never seemed very believable, but maybe they could tack him into a comic batman set alongside a maguc hero like Zatanna.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

IIRC the book blurb mentioned him as a character not a minifig, but nonetheless I'm hopeful for something. The tower of fate itself never seemed very believable, but maybe they could tack him into a comic batman set alongside a maguc hero like Zatanna.

It did say character, but even that was pretty suggestive. Essentially they’ve removed it because it’s either false or a spoiler. Only time will tell now.

Wow it's a shame that DC is dried up and most of the Marvel sets I'm meh about(not really an MCU guy) Daily Bugle should keep me all set up for the time being 

3 hours ago, rome00150 said:

Wow it's a shame that DC is dried up and most of the Marvel sets I'm meh about(not really an MCU guy) Daily Bugle should keep me all set up for the time being 

Feel the same way. Slow 2 years for this theme but I think at least for Marvel its cyclical and likely to rebound. For DC, to be honest I don’t even know anymore. Not that it matters but I “disagree” with the Lego group in treating DC like its so unpopular and hated that sets of anything besides Batman will sell. I disagree with how rarely they sprinkle new heroes or villains or detailed prints or new part usage in his supporting character and villain rosters (seriously the recent Batgirl, Nightwing, and 66 figures were atrocious compared to earlier versions of these characters). I hope there‘s at least one set that pops up out of no where that catches me off guard.

On that note, also hope we get some more polybags for this theme. If they don’t want to invest in sets, give us an exciting polybag. This theme has been pretty good at that actually, with Martian Manhunter, Plasticman, and Jessica Cruz being amazing polybags for important  leaguers. I personally hope for a classic Firestorm or Guy Gardner polybags. It would be especially neat during slow years like this.

14 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

They probably removed it because people like us read too deep into it and they didn’t want to crush the remaining 4 fans of Lego DC. 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Still no set announcement? 

Surely someone knows something on these forums! 

Patience is a virtue :grin: I think it was mentioned recently that promobricks would give another update on their SH list early April :shrug_oh_well: I wouldn’t be shocked though if the remaining 5 to 6 sets were all Marvel