Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

28 minutes ago, Legodude123 said:

I’m beyond disappointed that there’s no tower of fate set. Why does lego always give dc the short end of the stick? I just want a dr. Fate and justice league dark lol. With all the disappointment online do you think lego might listen?

I think they continue to do Batman, knowing he's one of DC's most popular characters. Batman is also one of the most iconic superheros in general, but Lego should see that fans are getting sick of all these Batman sets. I really want a Lego Doctor Fate too and a dark Justice League would be interesting to see as well. 

I feel like you should vote with your wallet, if you don't like or support a Lego set, then don't buy it. It doesn't just save yourself money, but if you're able to make your voice loud enough, maybe Lego will listen. I liked it when they used to have more Lego DC sets with the Justice League. That way we would've been able to get new Flash, Superman, and Wonder Woman minifigures. Lego listened when Star Wars fans begged Lego for years about a 501st battle pack, so anything is possible

27 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I think they continue to do Batman, knowing he's one of DC's most popular characters. Batman is also one of the most iconic superheros in general, but Lego should see that fans are getting sick of all these Batman sets. I really want a Lego Doctor Fate too and a dark Justice League would be interesting to see as well. 

I feel like you should vote with your wallet, if you don't like or support a Lego set, then don't buy it. It doesn't just save yourself money, but if you're able to make your voice loud enough, maybe Lego will listen. I liked it when they used to have more Lego DC sets with the Justice League. That way we would've been able to get new Flash, Superman, and Wonder Woman minifigures. Lego listened when Star Wars fans begged Lego for years about a 501st battle pack, so anything is possible

Of for sure. Yeah I mean I love Batman but also other dc characters. Its fine if they want to keep making Batman sets but then throw other random dc hero’s in the sets which is cool. Also their other sets without Batman did really well so I was hoping they’d realize they can branch out more. 

To be honest I don't get this "DC always gets the short end of the stick"... We had the Lego Batman movie sets and 3 DC cmf lines delivering perfect highly detailed versions of Poison Ivy, Two face, Riddler, Bane... and many, many others including even c-list viallains. To be honest I think last years minifigure scarle dark knight Tumbler was by far the best super hero set in a while using techniques I could never have come up with.

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

To be honest I don't get this "DC always gets the short end of the stick"... We had the Lego Batman movie sets and 3 DC cmf lines delivering perfect highly detailed versions of Poison Ivy, Two face, Riddler, Bane... and many, many others including even c-list viallains. To be honest I think last years minifigure scarle dark knight Tumbler was by far the best super hero set in a while using techniques I could never have come up with.

DC is seen to get the short end of the stick in part just due to lack of sets, especially when compared with earlier years (like 2014-2015) and Marvel's consistently populated lineup of releases. I would agree that generally any sets DC does get are pretty solid, but sets are becoming more few and far between, and that's been a bit difficult for fans to see.

So come on Lego, the ball is in your court having stated that you put out more Marvel sets because they had more films out. Here’s hoping you don’t just rest on Batman’s laurels and actually give us something from one of the others.

The new DC promo video makes me so mad that we probably won't be getting any Black Adam sets... unless they've decided to release them very close to the movie.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The new DC promo video makes me so mad that we probably won't be getting any Black Adam sets... unless they've decided to release them very close to the movie.

I really hope so. It’s now or never for lego to make some good dc sets. So much potential with black Adam, Dr. Fate, atom smasher, etc.

Rewatching the LEGO Batman Movie for its 5th anniversary yesterday made me remember the period from late 2016 to early 2018 when we got so many characters released for TLBM across 24 sets and 2 CMF series (of 20 minifigures each too, that's something I miss). Seriously, we got so much that we may have never seen released otherwise, especially now.

From all the various Batman villains and variants (Bigfig Bane, Calendar Man, Classic Captain Boomerang, Condiment King, Crazy Quilt, Egghead, Gentleman Ghost, Kabuki Twins, Kite-Man, Magpie, Mutant Leader, Polka Dot Man, Tarantula, Zebra-Man Calculator, Catman, Eraser, King Tut, March Harriet, Mime, Orca, Killing Joke-style Red Hood, Zodiac Master, Clock King, Doctor Phosphorus, Hugo Strange, Killing Joke inspired Vacation Joker) to the heroes (Classic Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Wonder Dog, El Dorado, Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Wonder Twins) and supporting characters (Updated Alfred, older Commissioner Gordon, Aaron Cash, and a variety of GCPD officers), and even other stuff like Reeves film inspired Jor-El and Zod, and a couple Flying Monkeys for good measure, everything that came in the DC sets afterwards seemed rather underwhelming for the most part.  I can only imagine how many more characters could have been made if the LEGO Super Friends movie hadn't been cancelled.

Man, I miss those days.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

So come on Lego, the ball is in your court having stated that you put out more Marvel sets because they had more films out. Here’s hoping you don’t just rest on Batman’s laurels and actually give us something from one of the others.

The minifigure scale Batmobiles are always out of stock too. It’s not like DC is warming shelves anymore.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

11 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The minifigure scale Batmobiles are always out of stock too. It’s not like DC is warming shelves anymore.

The silly thing is that were Black Adam and the others released 5-7 years ago, we would have had related sets hands down. It’s got to be a pretty big elephant in the room that the only sets coming out now are variations on a theme. It’s frustrating.

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Just leaving this here...

*image of DCEU Doctor Fate*

Looks cool and all, but how exactly can he see through that helmet? :laugh_hard:

13 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I can only imagine how many more characters could have been made if the LEGO Super Friends movie hadn't been cancelled.

Man, I miss those days.

Don‘t remind me :cry_sad:

57 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

The silly thing is that were Black Adam and the others released 5-7 years ago, we would have had related sets hands down. It’s got to be a pretty big elephant in the room that the only sets coming out now are variations on a theme. It’s frustrating.

Well, we still don‘t know yet if the remaining three DCEU films this year will have tie-in sets or not :grin: I think the chances aren’t too terrible. WW84 got a set, so The Flash, Black Adam, and Aquaman 2 should get at least one each as well :shrug_oh_well: Unlike the last few DCEU films, these three are perfectly suitable 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks cool and all, but how exactly can he see through that helmet? :laugh_hard:

Well, we still don‘t know yet if the remaining three DCEU films this year will have tie-in sets or not :grin: I think the chances aren’t too terrible. WW84 got a set, so The Flash, Black Adam, and Aquaman 2 should get at least one each as well :shrug_oh_well: Unlike the last few DCEU films, these three are perfectly suitable 

The Helmet of Nabu holds the esteemed position of most magical artefact in the DCU, so without getting too nerdy about it I don’t think he needs to worry about eye holes :wink:  

WW84 got an absolutely gorgeous set, but it’s performance and questionable plotting may not have helped the cause. I was more suggesting that in the past we were lucky enough to not be in this position. As Exhibit A I shall bring out Gorilla Grodd, with Lightning Lad as Exhibit B. Now we’re staring down the likelihood of Adam, Fate, et al never coming to fruition.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:35 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Don‘t remind me :cry_sad:

Honestly, I'm not the biggest DC fan (I enjoy the movies, and I have the '89 Batmobile, etc.), but I do miss the days when DC felt like it had a fair slew of sets every year. The ones it is getting are good, but there could be so much more, and I wish we could return to the 2014-2016 waves of sets beyond just Batman (I'm also a big Flash fan, so that doesn't help (I'm still sad that Dimensions didn't end up producing that team pack...)). 

I'm still kinda expecting at least a set for Flash - in part given that it does have Batman in it, but we'll see. 

what else does DC have to offer in terms of lego sets besides those art mosaics?

I don't think we are guaranteed any of the DC movies will get sets based on them, besides The Batman of course which already had 3 release in late 2021

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

what else does DC have to offer in terms of lego sets besides those art mosaics?

I don't think we are guaranteed any of the DC movies will get sets based on them, besides The Batman of course which already had 3 release in late 2021

Nothing else guaranteed. Neither has anything else been rumoured or leaked.

6 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Nothing else guaranteed. Neither has anything else been rumoured or leaked.

That’s really sad to hear. There’s a lot of potential for good sets.

Am I mistaken or was the only "confirmation" of the $500 set being Marvel from Fulcrum? Hoping that Arkham is back in the mix.

14 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

Am I mistaken or was the only "confirmation" of the $500 set being Marvel from Fulcrum? Hoping that Arkham is back in the mix.

given it was him I don't trust it 

3 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

It's not.

This will be the biggest Super Heroes set ever. Looking at how LEGO treated DC and Marvel in the last few years, it's become pretty obvious which of these franchises they're gonna choose.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not.

This will be the biggest Super Heroes set ever. Looking at how LEGO treated DC and Marvel in the last few years, it's become pretty obvious which of these franchises they're gonna choose.

I’m not so sure it’s that straight forward to be honest. Marvel got a $300 set last year and besides, DC consistently gets a D2C every year.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I’m not so sure it’s that straight forward to be honest. Marvel got a $300 set last year and besides, DC consistently gets a D2C every year.

Yeah it's definitely not. I would certainly place my money on Marvel, but I don't think it's 100%, especially with a D2C Hulkbuster coming. My "based-on-no-evidence-whatsoever" theory is that they've exhausted the D2C Bat-vehicles and have to find something else to fill the gap.

2 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Yeah it's definitely not. I would certainly place my money on Marvel, but I don't think it's 100%, especially with a D2C Hulkbuster coming. My "based-on-no-evidence-whatsoever" theory is that they've exhausted the D2C Bat-vehicles and have to find something else to fill the gap.

There’s still the 1966 Batmobile (not rumoured or anything but it’s the only iconic vehicle known by enough people to warrant a D2C) but after that I think they can say the list exhausted.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Superheroes Prices (from Brick_Clicker & eugenetoyandhobby website):

76216 $90 (June)

76217 $55 (June)

76218 $210 (August)

76220 $10 (August)

76221 $45 (August)

76225 + 76226 $25 (September)

76230 $25

Unknown Marvel vs. DC as far as I know.

Edited by NoOneOfImportance