Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I doubt all of those are for Marvel. Maybe most, considering how DC just keep selling out as of recently, I think sets may swing more towards DC (with Marvel still having a majority of course). I hope we get the 2708 piece set for DC.

Wait you don’t think 2708 is a D2C? It is listed as 18+ on the source mentioned above.

Just really hoping for some comic accurate sets this year.

Edited by NovaBricks

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

A list of 2HY Super Heroes sets, or at least some of them. The website confuses Marvel and DC, so they could be for either (Thor, Black Panther and Ant-Man sets were labelled as DC). None of them are 4+.

JUNE 1st

76216 (496 pcs)

76217 (476 pcs) 

AUGUST 1st

76218 (2708 pcs)

76220 (43 pcs)

76221 (456 pcs) 

SEPTEMBER 1st

76231 (268 pcs)

Source: https://www.electricbricks.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Tbd&page=1

So Brick Fanatics posted 7 x DC sets, and 2 x Marvel sets,   not sure how accurate this is.  

1 minute ago, Lionbear8 said:

So Brick Fanatics posted 7 x DC sets, and 2 x Marvel sets,   not sure how accurate this is.  

Brick Fanatics aren't reliable in any way, shape, or form. They just copy and paste rumours they find on the internet.

That's because when you went to the individual sets' pages on the website, it did say that only two of them are for Marvel. However, they labelled Thor, Black Panther and Ant-Man sets as DC, so we know this wasn't accurate.

We'll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Brick Fanatics aren't reliable in any way, shape, or form. They just copy and paste rumours they find on the internet.

That's because when you went to the individual sets' pages on the website, it did say that only two of them are for Marvel. However, they labelled Thor, Black Panther and Ant-Man sets as DC, so we know this wasn't accurate.

We'll have to wait and see.

I noticed the numbers lined up with Marvel.

Well let's hope we can get some names and theme separation soon, not knowing is killing me, as there is good potential for DC sets this year with content being released.  

Ash n Flash has a good video out! 

Got the batmobile and bike chase sets, oh my. They are perfect. I am impressed with how good these sets are, I really hope we get sets for the other films releasing this year. 

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Man, I so need a Peacemaker minifigure.

If they ever make another CMF please include him. Or even if they make more Batman sets.

I think they may face the same problem they did with Deadpool in that the R-rated film version is now the most well-known one :def_shrug: Kind of hard to separate that right now

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think they may face the same problem they did with Deadpool in that the R-rated film version is now the most well-known one :def_shrug: Kind of hard to separate that right now

I mean, you could say the same about Daredevil and Punisher and yet they were in the Bugle. I can’t really see Peacemaker in a Batman set but I think he would be a great inclusion in a future CMF. 

6 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I mean, you could say the same about Daredevil and Punisher and yet they were in the Bugle. I can’t really see Peacemaker in a Batman set but I think he would be a great inclusion in a future CMF. 

Actually, Mark Staford, a lego designer, said Punisher and other 18+ characters couldn't appear in normal sets but in a big set like the Bugle is easier to include them. 

On 1/13/2022 at 6:36 PM, NeutralNoodle said:

Daredevil and Punisher are pretty iconic characters though, and even they had to be limited to an 18+ set where they were clearly based on the comics (what with the bright red and DD logo for daredevil, and big white boots for punisher). Lego has the technical loop of them being based on the comics, and they're popular enough that many people knew about them before the shows.

Spoiler

Plus Daredevil is in the MCU now so I wouldn't be surprised if we got another one soon, based on whatever his MCU costume will be (Hopefully the same as the show but who knows)

For Peacemaker, a character virtually no one knew about before his R-rated appearances, and who's film costume and comic costumes are pretty much identical, it's pretty clear that he won't be in any DC sets anytime soon, ESPECIALLY not one aimed directly at kids like a CMF. 

39 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

is a Black Adam set out of the question? even a small $20 one?

He’s supposed to be in The Tower of Fate

9 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

is a Black Adam set out of the question? even a small $20 one?

I don't think it is.

Just plaster the Rocks head over the box art and it will sell!

It’s seemingly confirmed that the $500 D2C is Marvel then.  I personally hope next year or even later this year DC gets some justice:wink:  Personally I’d love to see a large scale Arkham Asylum which is either comic accurate or Arkham game accurate, or a mix of both, they could throw in some exclusive villains that we need and haven’t seen before (Black Mask and Ventriloquist) and do so much with it.  

I’d happily see a D2C Watchtower or Hall as well.  

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

It’s seemingly confirmed that the $500 D2C is Marvel then.  I personally hope next year or even later this year DC gets some justice:wink:  Personally I’d love to see a large scale Arkham Asylum which is either comic accurate or Arkham game accurate, or a mix of both, they could throw in some exclusive villains that we need and haven’t seen before (Black Mask and Ventriloquist) and do so much with it.  

Some say yes, some say nothing's official!

Just have to play the waiting game! 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:37 AM, Legoman123 said:

I think the "confirmation" of the $500 set being Marvel was also in the post about Raimi sets happening and that's not happening anymore so who knows. Safe money is still Avenger's Tower though.

Well this was a first. I decided to order a second 76181 Batmobile set and the box has taped sides instead of the two finger hole punch openings that was on the first one I got back in November. Now I'm not complaining since I vastly prefer the taped sides method over the hole punches (I want to keep the box in as nice of a condition as I can, especially with how the back of it pays homage to one of the official reveal pics of the car back in March 2020 and it looks so clean), this just never happened to me before when I bought a duplicate set.

Finally watching Peacemaker and I’m enjoying it quite a bit. The chances of getting a Lego Peacemaker are slim to none but I’d love it. Could see him being a comic con exclusive or something though. 

5 hours ago, DaleCooperFBI said:

Could see him being a comic con exclusive or something though. 

Not sure how they’d do his helmet with existing pieces though :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure how they’d do his helmet with existing pieces though :shrug_oh_well:

Captain America's cowl mould?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=19303&name=Minifigure, Headgear Helmet Mask&category=[Minifigure, Headgear]#T=C&C=77

That one would look great on a Black mask Minifig if the Faceprint adds teeth to the mask :)

5 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Captain America's cowl mould?

Not a bad fit, actually. He is a douchy version of Cap, after all :laugh_hard:

Still, I hope the days of SDCC-exclusives are over, they’re just way too hard to get.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Still, I hope the days of SDCC-exclusives are over, they’re just way too hard to get.

Yeah, Peacemaker being a con exclusive would be a kick in the teeth.

Not to say they usually aren't, though... it's been nine years and I'm still mad about symbiote Spider-Man being a con exclusive. At least with Shazam they finally released a very similar minifig in a set. Hopefully more figures who weren't necessarily based on a certain version (Bizarro, Phoenix, symbiote Spidey, Arsenal, etc.) get updated minifigs.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think I would cry if Lego decided to make a TSS/Peacemaker tie-in of any sort that was con exclusive.