Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I've seen this rumour on Instragram... from the same that said the 470$ set is "76205 Gringott with white Dragon and one other shop". But 76205 is already a set (Gargantos Showdown), so I wouldn't believe him.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Who exactly is the source of this rumour? Not buying it unless it's someone reputable :tongue:

It would seem to be Codyleaks, so in other words, it’s utter BS.

For anyone who doesn’t religiously follow the SW leaning community, this guy’s main thing is that he says a Commander Cody polybag will be the May the fourth promo, which is about as likely as a D2C Umbridge kitten broach.

Edited by Brickroll

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

It would seem to be Codyleaks, so in other words, it’s utter BS.

Codyleaks again?! :ugh: Yeah, it's complete BS then :tongue: Come on people, always check your sources first! IG's again being flooded with buffoons like that one. Don't trust anyone unless they're reputable leakers, and be careful even then (*cough* Fulcrum *cough*)

Changing topic, whenever we talks about the 120$ set, I read about GoF suggestions (like Durmstrang Ship) or OoP suggestions (like Grimmauld Place).

But supposing the 120$ set is a HBP or DH one and it isn't Gringotts, there's something else you can imagine for this set?

4 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

But supposing the 120$ set is a HBP or DH one and it isn't Gringotts, there's something else you can imagine for this set?

That‘s actually a fair point. This year they‘re doing whatever they want, so a HBP or DH set cannot be ruled out :grin: Though the options are a bit limited compared to GoF and OotP. I doubt they‘d release yet another Hogwarts expansion this year, so it‘d have to be something else… Frankly, can‘t think of anything at that price point :shrug_oh_well:

19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Frankly, can‘t think of anything at that price point

Yes, no idea is my own idea too :snicker: ... that's why I made the question :grin:

15 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Yes, no idea is my own idea too :snicker: ... that's why I made the question :grin:

Well, they could release a set based on the Battle of Hogwarts with some ruins, but I have a feeling in that case they'd rather release a normal set in the modular style instead, just with added explosion play features (like the 2011 set had) :classic: As for HBP, maybe Nocturn Alley (doubling as a CoS set)? Still a very niche set idea, especially for $120 :tongue:

I hope the rumor is true since it could give us Professors that probably wouldn’t be included in normal sets. 

Edited by bRICKbRAT

1 minute ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I know I’m a nobody but I can say the info is true. I can’t say that all of Cody’s info is legit but this pack does exist. 

You aren't just Codyleaks in disguise, are you? :devil: Sounds pretty fishy. I'll believe it when I see it

2 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I know I’m a nobody but I can say the info is true. I can’t say that all of Cody’s info is legit but this pack does exist.  

Source: Trust Me Bro

I guess we will see if this rumor is true. 

Edited by bRICKbRAT
Avoiding derailing the conversation

23 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I’m going to also pipe in and say that per my sources, this set number and name is legitimate at least. 40560 - “Professors of Hogwarts.” 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance
Updated info a little.

Probably too soon considering the game isn't out till Winter but I'd like the pack to be the new professors from Hogwarts Legacy.

59 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Probably too soon considering the game isn't out till Winter but I'd like the pack to be the new professors from Hogwarts Legacy.

Even if that option would be in the cards, I fail to see how this could be achievable with only 3 new prints :tongue: These packs are mostly repackaged pre-existing minifigs or kitbashes, with 2-3 exclusive prints (or very rarely a recoloured piece) being sprinkled in :wink:

If this rumour is true, I‘d expect the same Sinistra from last year, Grubbly-Plank as a kitbashed minifig, Lockhart in a new outfit (dueling club?), and perhaps McGonagall. Or Vector, if we‘re lucky :shrug_oh_well: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

If the Professors of Hogwarts rumor is legit (which I would be a tiny bit disappointed by, because it can’t be that hard to do the obvious quidditch pack), then I think the most likely Minifigure lineup would be:

1. McGonagall or Snape - taking the position of easily recognizable character from Harry. Theoretically, Dumbledore is also possible, but my money is on the actual teachers, since this year’s Dumbledore’s Office set should be the first time they’ve done a normal Gambon Dumbledore since the 2018 CMF, and lego wouldn’t want to detract from that. And given that the Dumbledore’s Office set is supposed to feature McGonagall in a black outfit, I’d put better odds on it being her in her normal clothes (or maybe her Hogsmeade outfit?)

2. Lupin or Lockhart - because you can’t have a professors pack without a DADA professor, and it’s not going to be Moody since he just got a Moments set. I would have said that Lupin was more likely, since lego is doing PoA stuff this year and he doesn’t have a cape, but last year’s accessory pack didn’t fit with the SS/CoS anniversary theme and the upcoming marvel pack has capes, so… (although if they do give us Lockhart they better give us some more pixies so we can make a proper swarm)

3. Sinistra - previously available only in a high priced set, plus she just has a cool design and adds a little diversity 

4. New Character - both the previous accessory packs gave us a new named character (Hannah Abbot and Borgin) so I think the odds of getting a professor we’ve never seen in lego form before are high. That being said, the number of professors that haven’t been done before is pretty low. So far as I know Charity Burbage is the only teacher with a speaking part who hasn’t been made as a Minifigure yet, and admittedly this is the only ‘safe’ way lego could give her to us. Other possibilities include Grubbly-Plank and Vector, since I think the characters have been ‘assigned’ to specific extras in the way Sinistra was (although out of the two I think Grubbly-Plank is more likely, as she played a decent role in two books while Vector was only name dropped once). While not technically a professor, I believe the librarian Madam Pince has a specifically cast actress and distinct appearance. And while I know some people will whine about this - Professor Binns is the last remaining teacher of a core subject, and while he didn’t appear on screen he has been showing up in other Warner Bros owned properties. Plus, if they stuck to the glow in the dark format they used for Nick last year then a ghost professor would just look awesome - even for the small selection of people who didn’t know who he was. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Even if that option would be in the cards, I fail to see how this could be achievable with only 3 new prints :tongue:

Ah, I thought we meant something more like the Bricktober pack rather than the student pack. 

Hope it includes McGonnagal then, because I never got her combined hat/hair variant yet.

If this it's true it's an interesting move, I doubt it's a pack people will buy many multiples of like a student, Quidditch, or Death Eater pack, but there is great potential. 

What worries me is that we don't often get a great deal of new prints in these accessory packs which could make the potential professors a bit bland. 

Aside from the printed 2x3 tile which appears in both previous sets, the only new prints were Cho's face and the subtly different Ravenclaw torso in the first pack, and the Witch's Skirt piece in the second. 

No new face prints would be needed for any of the profs as almost all have appeared in one way or another by now. I'd suggest Hagrid is unlikely as I don't think any of these packs have included a non standard minifigure before (could be wrong) and the Carrow Twins and Burbage are quite dark and not overly recognisable, especially as no DH sets have come out yet. Maxime and Karkaroff would be cool but aren't Hogwarts teachers.

For brand new never before seen minifigures there are three female figures in Vector, Grubbly-Plank and Pince, who could use the S2 Dumbledore hat (Vector), Scarecrow hat (GP) and McGonagall hat (Pince) . While Vector would require new colours and prints, Pince would only need the hat to be recoloured with dark hair, the rest could come from existing parts. Grubbly-Plank could probably be cobbled together too. 

Lockhart and Umbridge have the most variety of outfits, so would be glad to see a new print used on them. Dumbledore and McGonagall do too, but have a greater chance of appearing in sets. 

Many characters we are missing variants of wear very similar clothes while teaching such as Snape, Sinistra, Filch, Lupin, Moody (unless it's Yule Ball), Slughorn, Hooch, Pomfrey, Trelawney and Flitwick. If these show up in sets, that's great, but would feel a little underwhelming if they showed up in a character pack as they probably wouldn't get the treatment they need,or may be underwhelming like Snape in the Moments set. 

Quirrell is interesting, as people have said he should be wearing dark brown rather than black, so perhaps the same print on a different colour torso could be achieved, while also making it a new-ish figure. 

Finally there are two variants of Sprout, both of which I think would not look very good without a new hair/hot mold and they are not as prevalent as the one we got in the S2 CMF series. 

So my guess if this is indeed a four minifigure pack of Hogwarts staff is:

1.Lockhart (new print on torso, eg Duelling club) 

2.Pince (cobbled together from existing parts, hopefully dark hair on McGonagall hat) 

3.Grubbly-Plank (cobbled together, perhaps recoloured Scarecrow hat) 

4.Something boring like an identical Snape to what we've had before, but the other figures make up for it. 

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

And while I know some people will whine about this - Professor Binns is the last remaining teacher of a core subject,

Well there's also the Carrows. (Edit, looks like Seaber beat me to it xD)

12 minutes ago, Seaber said:

So my guess if this is indeed a four minifigure pack of Hogwarts staff is:

1.Lockhart (new print on torso, eg Duelling club) 

2.Pince (cobbled together from existing parts, hopefully dark hair on McGonagall hat) 

3.Grubbly-Plank (cobbled together, perhaps recoloured Scarecrow hat) 

4.Something boring like an identical Snape to what we've had before, but the other figures make up for it. 

Yeah it would make sense to "team up" a Dueling Lockhart and Snape.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I must say I'm very sceptical about this rumour.  It's a similar format to the leaks from kingnono(?) in previous years.  None of their posts are confirmed true and some are provably false.

Nonetheless, I'll entertain the thought.  I don't think a professors accessory pack is a bad idea but I struggle to think how we'd get much new.  In previous years we've had 2 new prints (Marauders map/Ravenclaw torso then DA list/dress piece) so I don't think we can expect too much in the way of new characters.  I'd not be surprised if we got a repeat of Snape and McGonagall from the moments sets or a Lupin/Filch from the summer wave.

In terms of new characters I don't think Binns/Pince would be doable with one new print/piece.

I think a Lockhart in duelling club attire would be great - a good pairing with Snape for playability and not something we'd likely get elsewhere (already had a duelling club reference in last year's great hall).

A Grubbly-Plank figure feels double with the scarecrow hat piece and perhaps the torso of the short guy from the Home Alone set.

20606pb02.png

Review: LEGO 21330 Home Alone - Jay's Brick Blog

Edited by Yope

18 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Pretty sure Myrtle floats off screaming bloody murder after Harry's attack. She'd apparently befriended Draco during all the time he spent angsting in the lav. (It's possible that last was one of JKR's Pottermore additions, however, and I'm conflating the two.)  

I've never seen Myrtle during this scene. I've only seen her in CoS and GoF, but I'm currently rewatching the series, so I'll find out soon enough if my memory is wrong or that you are telling me book-only info.

17 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Salix:[snip]

So book-only?

@Salix I assumed your memory was better than mine when you'd ruled it out for the film. :laugh: 

21 hours ago, Salix said:

Myrtle wasn't there in the movie, was she there in the book?

(emphasis mine)

I had primarily wanted to ascertain Draco's implied befriending of Myrtle was actually canon and not a Pottermore addition. So we know she's definitely present in the books, when you get there in your rewatch, please let me know if she appears in the scene. :classic: (But I think you were correct and she doesn't.) 

I'm so glad we got the very excellent minifig of Myrtle in the CMF. I'm hoping they'll relent and give us Peeves, Binns and the House ghosts at some point. (I know the arguments agains Peeves and Binns, but they appear in the video games, so...) As Binns and the other three House ghosts should be largely monochrome, they'd still probably make a more useful parts pack to mix and match than the rumoured Professors.

If they do give us Profs (instead of ghosts, Quidditch players or Death Eaters), I don't need them to keep retreading the same ground unless it builds my pool of characters via uniforms. So here's hoping for Pince (she's one I actively want), Burbage, and Vector at least. Grubbly-Plank would also be nice. They can put the Carrows in a Death Eater pack some other time. That only leaves Professor Babbling, and I don't think they even had an extra for her, did they? 

Or what are the chances they ever give us a little library module with Harry in his cloak, Pince and the Restricted Section? I'd like that for all the time the characters spent there. 

9 hours ago, Seaber said:

the Carrow Twins and Burbage are quite dark and not overly recognisable, especially as no DH sets have come out yet.

I won’t argue with you on the Carrow siblings, but Charity Burbage herself isn’t a particularly dark character - she just has the misfortune of being killed off in the only scene she appears in. And isn’t an accessory pack basically the perfect solution for that? Third task Cedric is also too ‘dark’ to be included in a set by that logic, and lego got around that by putting him in a CMF. Including Professor Burbage in an accessory pack with fellow teachers is the perfect way to give us a named Hogwarts Professor with an actual speaking role while also avoiding any ‘about to be murdered’ connotations. 

As for the ‘not overly recognizable’ problem - are you not remembering the exclusive characters from the previous packs? Borgin only gets a single line and jump scare in the original cut of the movie, and he only gets addressed by name in a deleted scene. Hannah Abbot is even worse off, she was relegated to an extra in the theatrical release, and was only given a speaking role (and actually identified as Hannah) in the deleted scenes/extended release. The new characters introduced in these accessory packs have always been there for the completionists and hardcore potterheads, I’m pretty sure the kids and casual fans weren’t picking them up and saying ‘omg it’s Mr. Borgin!’ That’s why the previous packs always included Harry, and why I expect this pack will feature McGonagall/Snape and a DADA Professor making up half the lineup, specifically so the other characters can be less recognizable. 

7 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

So does anyone think we could get diorama style sets for HP, like the Star Wars ones? I personally think it could lend itself quite well to the theme.

I hope not.  Paying for the parts to create an unnecessary clunky base and a plate with a quote isn't something I find interesting or what I want to be spending my money on.  While the actual scenes may be interesting the bases make the sets too expensive.  And I personally have no interest in purchasing anything done in microscale.