Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Ugh. Jealous. That special isn’t going to be available in the US until April, and that’s only on HBO Max so who knows when/if it will air somewhere that isn’t behind a paywall. Here’s hoping it will eventually come out on DVD. 

Aw, I'm sorry. I hope you get to see it soon. It was really good. I also hope all the specials will get a DVD release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

The reasonable folks where
https://imgur.com/a/8xpLwom

Otherwise, yeah, you’re exactly right, and we did sort of just have this conversation, right?

Yes, we literally just had this conversation after some disgusting comments were made re: the invasion of Ukraine. Apparently they can’t help themselves from making irrelevant JK Rowling references now.

5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

On the subject of Grimmauld place, I think the best solution would be one that has a neat function that actually is useful, like you can have it set up with 1 building or 3 buildings for space, kind of like that famous micro scale one.

I agree. If Grimmauld Place is included in this year’s sets, this very well may be my favorite LEGO Harry Potter wave of all time. At $120, I think we can get a decent play set that can be modified to fit the modular LEGO city lineup. I’d love if there were some appearing / disappearing function, but that’s not make or break for me. I’d be happy with a classic townhouse facade with an interior that hopefully could look something like this:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/2a7993f5-2abb-4c27-ad7e-2b60345883b3

That being said, I also wouldn’t be mad if the $120 set was an 18+ “quote” set like the one we are getting for Jurassic Park this year. An iconic moment that would make sense with this wave could be the epic battle scene between Dumbledore and Voldemort in the Ministry of Magic’s green atrium with the lifts. It would look great in front of the Ministry of Magic set we are getting. I could see them giving a few different options to display it - a build showing just the wand magic colliding, a build with Voldemort’s fire snake, and a build with Dumbledore’s water ball. Anything but maxifigs…

PQWD.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Long term lurker here, but I'm here now. This Theme is literally Lego's best, in my opinion. Despite my not agreeing with some of the more recent build designs for the sets, they still provide so much within their actual builds and sets in general. The same can't be said for the likes of Star Wars. That's a different discussion.

Anyway, I'd like to express how disappointed I was with the 2021 wave when it was announced. I spent all year literally bashing the new system because I felt it simply 'didn't work', in comparison to the 2018-2020 wave. I believed Lego had taken a step back. I decide to bite the bullet and bought the Chamber of Secrets set today and it genuinely was one of the best building experiences I've ever had. The whole thing was just packed with content; Great Hall, Dark Arts classroom, Lockhart's office, Chamber of Secrets, PIXIE'S, Basilisk and all those wonderful minifigures. I watched so many videos on youtube comparing the 2018 Great Hall to the 2021 Chamber of Secrets and sided with most who preferred the 2018 set. Now, I'd say the Chamber of Secrets offers a whole lot more than being just one location and provides plenty of space and fun things to do inside the set itself. That's not to say I don't love the 2018-2020 wave, it was fantastic, but the interior's weren't just weak, they were almost non-existent. Grey roofs still win though...

Now onto 2022 sets. This wave sounds amazing, I'm not too fussed about the buildable creatures honestly, but even the smaller sets will be a day one buy for me. The Ministry of Magic set is something I cannot wait for. I wish we were getting another CMF line, I feel they could easily start to cover some of those later movies better in the CMF line, seen as they are reluctant to focus an entire wave on DH sets.

Anyway, it's great to finally be here!!

Edited by Alas_Earwax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

Anyway, it's great to finally be here!!

Welcome!

Like your name :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

Long term lurker here, but I'm here now. This Theme is literally Lego's best, in my opinion. Despite my not agreeing with some of the more recent build designs for the sets, they still provide so much within their actual builds and sets in general. The same can't be said for the likes of Star Wars. That's a different discussion.

Anyway, I'd like to express how disappointed I was with the 2021 wave when it was announced. I spent all year literally bashing the new system because I felt it simply 'didn't work', in comparison to the 2018-2020 wave. I believed Lego had taken a step back. I decide to bite the bullet and bought the Chamber of Secrets set today and it genuinely was one of the best building experiences I've ever had. The whole thing was just packed with content; Great Hall, Dark Arts classroom, Lockhart's office, Chamber of Secrets, PIXIE'S, Basilisk and all those wonderful minifigures. I watched so many videos on youtube comparing the 2018 Great Hall to the 2021 Chamber of Secrets and sided with most who preferred the 2018 set. Now, I'd say the Chamber of Secrets offers a whole lot more than being just one location and provides plenty of space and fun things to do inside the set itself. That's not to say I don't love the 2018-2020 wave, it was fantastic, but the interior's weren't just weak, they were almost non-existent. Grey roofs still win though...

Now onto 2022 sets. This wave sounds amazing, I'm not too fussed about the buildable creatures honestly, but even the smaller sets will be a day one buy for me. The Ministry of Magic set is something I cannot wait for. I wish we were getting another CMF line, I feel they could easily start to cover some of those later movies better in the CMF line, seen as they are reluctant to focus an entire wave on DH sets.

Anyway, it's great to finally be here!!

Welcome! I definitely agree with you on the Chamber of Secrets- I was hesitant at first, but after buying it it's quickly become my favorite minifig-scale HP set ever. It's basically the Hogwarts set I'd always dreamed about as a kid, and the modular system just opens that up even more.

That said, #GreenRoofGang

In other news, I finally got around to watching the new Fantastic Beasts trailer, and... yikes. I'd already planned on skipping this one for several reasons, but I had still worried that I might be missing out. But after seeing this trailer (and it's godawful color grading), it's made me confident that the $10 I'd have spent on a ticket would be much better used going to see Sonic a second time. Thank you, Joanne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

In other news, I finally got around to watching the new Fantastic Beasts trailer, and... yikes. I'd already planned on skipping this one for several reasons, but I had still worried that I might be missing out. But after seeing this trailer (and it's godawful color grading), it's made me confident that the $10 I'd have spent on a ticket would be much better used going to see Sonic a second time. Thank you, Joanne.

I agree with this, except the colour grading which I didn't notice. There have only been two things of interest to me in these films, as the story and writing is so poor I've not been able to get on board with much of it. 

1. Showing more of the wizarding world established in the HP Series. I liked seeing Grindelwald, Newt and Flamel, although what I would have loved to see more of is Hogwarts - which they messed up - and other expanded locations from the old films. 

2. The beasts. These have been a really mixed bag in both design and execution. 

A third, more recent thing I've got from these films is Lego has kindly supplied a bunch of nice minifigure head and torso prints to use elsewhere as WW minifigures. The Niffler and Thestral are lovely. 

I don't think I'll be seeing the film in cinemas unless on a 2for1/half price ticket. 

Edited by Seaber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am living for this COS love Fest right now. I adored that set the second I saw it. It just has such a colourful feel to it. The pink Dumbledore, the green snake heads, the glow in the dark NHN. I actually think that I wouldn’t want the COS any other way . I’m a huge fan of things connecting to each other. That’s why this new system works so well for the forbidden corridor and the COS. I wouldn’t be very interested in a COS set like the 2002 version where it has a heap of empty play space. It had the head, it had a slide. It was exactly what I wanted. I’m normally completely #greyroofs. But a point that I think many people fail to highlight is that because the rock base is in dark blue-ish grey. The green roofs work better then the #greyroofs as they contrast better. The clips I’ve seen of people who have replaced the green roofs with greys ones make them fit better with the old line up. But they make the rock work look out of place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tommy9 said:

I am living for this COS love Fest right now. I adored that set the second I saw it. It just has such a colourful feel to it. The pink Dumbledore, the green snake heads, the glow in the dark NHN. I actually think that I wouldn’t want the COS any other way . I’m a huge fan of things connecting to each other. That’s why this new system works so well for the forbidden corridor and the COS. I wouldn’t be very interested in a COS set like the 2002 version where it has a heap of empty play space. It had the head, it had a slide. It was exactly what I wanted. I’m normally completely #greyroofs. But a point that I think many people fail to highlight is that because the rock base is in dark blue-ish grey. The green roofs work better then the #greyroofs as they contrast better. The clips I’ve seen of people who have replaced the green roofs with greys ones make them fit better with the old line up. But they make the rock work look out of place. 

I agree 💯. And the Cornish Pixies!!! The only element of the COS set that I didn’t love is the Basilisk square body. It’s leagues ahead of the horrible blocky black snake we got in 2018, but I would’ve preferred something more like @Micmac ‘s mod. Easy enough to fix though:

And now that we know Dumbledore’s office connects to the COS set at a 90 degree angle I love it even more. Fingers crossed for an open-winged Fawkes mould in the Dumbledore’s office set to make our COS displays complete!

Welcome @Alas_Earwax

Edited by sebastian666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning I bought the new sets. 

I can't wait having them in my hands, even if probably I will have to wait some time before building them, because I and my brother (we builds LEGO together :laugh:) have not much common free time in this period :cry_sad:.

By the way, I bought Hospital Wing and the two Moment Set, while I decided not to purchase the Trunk. I'm not really interested in and don't find it so useful for me.

I admit Madam Pomfrey is what I'm waiting most. It's on my LEGO-please-do-it list since 2018 :snicker: Hogwarts staff is almost completed :thumbup:!

 

Welcome @Alas_Earwax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely gutted. Found the Hogwarts art mosaic set at a good price at an online store and ordered one, went to open it last night and more than half the contents were missing, including those base pieces, so it's just an extremely expensive collection of some of the 1x1 round tiles. Some rat bastard had opened it, stolen bunches and very cleanly resealed it. :cry3:

Reminder to always carefully check the tape strips and to be cautious about waiting to open sets until your rights to return them may have lapsed. (Not sure if that's the right English, but you know what I mean.) 

 

Had pre-ordered the March 1 sets (here's hoping they arrive intact... *side eye*). @BrickMatit, I think I, too, am most looking forward to finally getting my hands on Madam Pomfrey. :wub: That hat is just beautifully done.

Hey @Alas_Earwax, good on you for delurking. :classic: (Team #greyroofs, but I think @Tommy9 is correct, the green does work better with the grey rock pieces. Although I would argue the 2018+ system connected beautifully, they just needed some dungeons of their own.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the welcome messages haha!

Honestly, I've just bought replacement bricks for my green roofs (although pick-a-brick is taking it's sweet time dispatching), the fact that they can be changed should mean it's not really an issue, right?

With regards to Fantastic Beasts, I wasn't interested in a 3rd movie (the 2nd let me down) initially, but the trailer seems pretty great. I'm here for some backstory into the Dumbledore/Grindelwald story, so I'm excited. I do wish Lego were covering the movie, but I can see why they'd be hesitant. That being said, there may still be time because Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett sets seemed to be made after the TV show has aired, I know this isn't usually how Lego works for movies, but maybe they'll see the popularity of the movie and then make sense in the future. I can't see this theme going anywhere, it's one of Lego's best selling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Absolutely gutted. Found the Hogwarts art mosaic set at a good price at an online store and ordered one, went to open it last night and more than half the contents were missing, including those base pieces, so it's just an extremely expensive collection of some of the 1x1 round tiles. Some rat bastard had opened it, stolen bunches and very cleanly resealed it. :cry3:

Well that sucks.  Hopefully this year's sets will somewhat make up for it!

Welcome @Alas_Earwax!

Exciting to have our first release day of the year, I hope anyone getting the new sets enjoys them.  I'll probably wait for a deal down the line but it would be nice to hear people's opinions. @BrickMatit I hope Pomfrey lives up to expectations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No new sets in stores here yet, so I did a small order...I got the DADA Moments as it was the only set I wanted day 1. I don't yet have a Mad-Eye minifigure in my collection and the micro mad-eye will be awesome to have. The black DADA and green Potions books will go nicely with my Slytherin House HP books (which are also black and green).

I also want the trunk, but going to wait until it's on sale or maybe the 2X VIP points later this month. I'm going to skip the Hospital Wing and Divination Moment. Also, I want to save for the summer wave, because I know I will want several of those sets :innocent2: 

 

While I'm here, I want to update my guess(es) for the remaining sets: 

$120 set: Grimmauld Place or Durmstrang Ship

AC: OotP Christmas at Grimmauld Place or HBP Christmas at the Burrow (with Tonks and her violet hair)

Accessory Pack: Quidditch Players (1 from each house). 

D2C: Motorized Hogwarts Express with multiple cars and both stations, Minifigure scale Quidditch Pitch or DA II

Since I've cheated by guessing 2-3 options per set, I feel slightly confident. Hopefully we will get some more leaks soon :pir-huzzah2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Absolutely gutted. Found the Hogwarts art mosaic set at a good price at an online store and ordered one, went to open it last night and more than half the contents were missing, including those base pieces, so it's just an extremely expensive collection of some of the 1x1 round tiles. Some rat bastard had opened it, stolen bunches and very cleanly resealed it. :cry3:

Reminder to always carefully check the tape strips and to be cautious about waiting to open sets until your rights to return them may have lapsed. (Not sure if that's the right English, but you know what I mean.) 

I had this happen to me back in 2015 with a set I bought off the shelf at Target. The minifigures, large technic wheels, and an entire bag of parts (1/3 of the set, and more than half its value) were missing. Lego's customer service still replaced everything though. :classic:

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the recent reveal of the Marvel accessory pack I’m a lot less confident in my theory of a Harry Potter one based of the OotP Ministry battle. It would be a clever way for lego to give us some of the parts needed to convert the DH1 Ministry set, but it would require new minifigs for Tonks and the generic Death Eaters, and it’s pretty clear that these licensed minifig packs are never going to have more than one minifigure’s worth of new prints. I guess that narrows down where OotP Tonks could appear to either the Advent Calendar or $120 retailer exclusive. 
 

It also means it’s a little more likely that we could see a quidditch teams accessory pack, although I’m trying not to get my hopes too high, because we thought it was a shoe in last year and look how that turned out. 

One thing in favor of the quidditch pack though is that one of the last parts we needed to make fully diversified teams finally (theoretically) exists - the leaked Muppets CMF shows that Dr. Honeydew uses printed white midi-legs, implying there are unprinted ones in a lego factory somewhere. Medium white legs are pretty much essential if you want to put together an accurate full Gryffindor team from any year, and also useful for giving texture to the other house teams if you want to put those together. So fingers crossed that that’s a good sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

I had this happen to me back in 2015 with a set I bought off the shelf at Target. The minifigures, large technic wheels, and an entire bag of parts (1/3 of the set, and more than half its value) were missing. Lego's customer service still replaced everything though. :classic:

That is an excellent idea! Thank you! If all else fails, I will definitely try that.

I'm still faffing about with the store's customer service. If I had called even a day later, they apparently wouldn't be responsible at all, which seems bonkers with a product that's supposed to be new. Whinging aside, I actually do like the tape strip seals instead of tearing into the boxes, it makes them so much easier to flatten and store, but I wish they'd use some kind of hologram tape that would be harder to fake / more obvious to spot tampering. 

6 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

I also want the trunk, but going to wait until it's on sale or maybe the 2X VIP points later this month. [...]

AC: OotP Christmas at Grimmauld Place or HBP Christmas at the Burrow (with Tonks and her violet hair)

Did you not just have the 2x VIP points last week like we did? I thought that was usually global. Does this mean you'll get it when the GWP is active? (not envious in the least... :laugh:(I miss the calendars...)

I sort of hope they don't give us an Grimmauld Place AC if we don't get a GP set this year as I think it would try to cover too much of the same ground. For the longer term reusability, they seem to work better as an extension of sets, with the Yule Ball having more useful builds than last year's AC, nano builds aside. 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

After the recent reveal of the Marvel accessory pack I’m a lot less confident in my theory of a Harry Potter one based of the OotP Ministry battle. It would be a clever way for lego to give us some of the parts needed to convert the DH1 Ministry set, but it would require new minifigs for Tonks and the generic Death Eaters, and it’s pretty clear that these licensed minifig packs are never going to have more than one minifigure’s worth of new prints. I guess that narrows down where OotP Tonks could appear to either the Advent Calendar or $120 retailer exclusive. 

If it's a minifig they can use in other sets, does it actually matter in terms of set budget where they appear first? <- serious question and not snark. If they have Death Eaters in a different set, they can simply pick and choose parts and give us different variants in an AP, couldn't they? 

But as far as very different character versions go, like a new Tonks, that feels like a CMF or AC thing, like how we got Slug Club Ginny or Yule Ball Cho and the Patil twins. I'm still hoping we'll eventually see a Yule Ball Ginny and a Bill and Fleur's wedding Hermione, too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Yope said:

I hope Pomfrey lives up to expectations!

I hope the same :snicker: and I'm enough confident I will be satisfied.

14 hours ago, Yope said:

I'll probably wait for a deal down the line

Yes, prices can be an obstacle, even more considering this year attractive releases. Luckily, I'm not a completist :laugh: and I have little interest in (and even less space for :snicker:) other themes LEGO produced. By the way, I bought new sets online with 15% discount: the shop I bought from is in San Marino and has cheaper prices.

Edited by BrickMatit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think we'll get a reveal of the HP accessory pack soon considering the Marvel one has been leaked or are they on different release schedules I can't remember?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Do we think we'll get a reveal of the HP accessory pack soon considering the Marvel one has been leaked or are they on different release schedules I can't remember?

Different release schedules. Marvel is April 1, and HP should be June 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Different release schedules. Marvel is April 1, and HP should be June 1.

Ah okay thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Do we think we'll get a reveal of the HP accessory pack soon considering the Marvel one has been leaked or are they on different release schedules I can't remember?

Is a LEGO Harry Potter accessory pack confirmed for this year? I don’t know how I missed that! Wonder what it could be… Quidditch is an obvious choice but we haven’t had any quidditch sets since 2018. Maybe a Ministry of Magic pack with dementors and random Ministry officials (and Harry)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Is a LEGO Harry Potter accessory pack confirmed for this year? I don’t know how I missed that! Wonder what it could be… Quidditch is an obvious choice but we haven’t had any quidditch sets since 2018. Maybe a Ministry of Magic pack with dementors and random Ministry officials (and Harry)?

It was.

I can't help thinking given how briefly last year's AP was available and how much longer the student AP was on the shelves that they'll want to go with something more generic this year, like mix and match Death Eaters or Quidditch uniforms, something that could sell in multiples. Death Eaters would be nice for the Ministry set, but at this point I think they'd need too many new prints.

Edited by krimimimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long should we be expecting to wait for the 2022 D2C leak/reveal?  I am sure I could work it out by going over posts from last year to see when DA was leaked/revealed but by the time I did that the new D2C would be available to buy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

How long should we be expecting to wait for the 2022 D2C leak/reveal?  I am sure I could work it out by going over posts from last year to see when DA was leaked/revealed but by the time I did that the new D2C would be available to buy!!!

We had the word "icons" a little earlier in the year, but beyond Dobby's sock, we didn't really have much idea what it (likely) meant. "Diagon Alley" we didn't know about until August of that year, but it was obviously more revealing. Those are only two data points and I don't know if they're sufficient to draw conclusions from, but that's what we have. Perhaps it's cynical, but I don't expect to learn anything of value until shortly beforehand. The nature of D2Cs allows them to keep things tidily under wraps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sticking with my Accessoty Pack prediction from a couple weeks ago: A "Battle of the Seven Potters" pack, with Harry, Hagrid, two Death Eaters (one double-sided head with a different mask on each side; one new torso and one reused from Rise of Voldemort), and a motorcycle with brickbuilt sidecar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.