Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

The Fantastic Beasts sets in 2018 and the Rise of Voldemort and Beauxbatons Carriage sets in 2019 both came out in mini August waves

I've had this idea shot down before, but I still have a theory that the original plan for 2019 was to release two more FB sets in August again, and that they shifted them to HP when the 2018 FB sets weren't a success. Otherwise it seems odd to divide the sets into July and August waves.

Edited by droobles

49 minutes ago, droobles said:

I've had this idea shot down before, but I still have a theory that the original plan for 2019 was to release two more FB sets in August again, and that they shifted them to HP when the 2018 FB sets' weren't a success. Otherwise it seems odd to divide the sets into July and August waves.

I mean, I wouldn’t be shocked if that were the case, but it takes more time than that to plan sets so I could also see Lego deciding that the mini August wave was going to be Fantastic Beasts on movie release years and Harry Potter on the years in between, but then the combination of the third movie being delayed (even before Covid hit) and neither of the August waves selling well made them decide that that particular release format wasn’t working (I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they didn’t do an August wave in 2020 and then in January 2021 we saw the first Harry Potter winter wave). 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We’re getting Indy anyway

I found all the March HP sets early at Walmart, bought them all, and now I’m building. Currently building the Hospital wing and my goodness this new Modular Hogwarts system is the most boring, monotonous, tedious, repetitive building style. It’s so bad. What a dull build. I had forgotten from last year’s sets how bad these builds are

Its the tiny bit of extra floor space that makes the interiors better than the 2018/2020 style but that's all it has going for it,  Two studs deeper. Three nearly identical boxes and the clock. It's all about exclusive figure and new pieces with this modular system. I do think the building looks better than last years stuff but its not Hogwarts. I really do think lego could have built more accurate builds that still had the ability to break up and be rearranged. I might have a play around and see if I can do a better version of this set in a more accurate style. 

Wait until you see how ugly the trunk is from behind. 

6 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I remember a decade ago when LEGO announced the CUUSOO Back to the Future set, and it was seen as crazy that they were doing a single set based on a decades-old movie.

Nowadays we can't get sets on new blockbuster movies, but we get big waves for films from 20 years ago. How things change... 

Maybe they have burnt themself too many times on making sets for new movies, popular old movies they know will sell. If the new FB movie becomes extremely popular among kids, I am sure they will release sets for it later even if they do not do it now.. However 2-3 sets now sounds like a low risk to me, even if the movie is only average popular among kids they should sell enough sets to get their money back:sceptic:

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

However 2-3 sets now sounds like a low risk to me, even if the movie is only average popular among kids they should sell enough sets to get their money back:sceptic:

I agree. I wonder if WB didn't give them much to work with, I don't think there has been much merchandise at all announced for FB3 yet. I would think at the very least they could do something like a Hogwarts module including Young Dumbledore and that would not seem risky at all, but who knows.

12 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

The Wizarding World franchise is in this really interesting place where it seems like they are simply using the new content that is being produced to reignite fans’ love for the original films and boost sales of merchandise that is based on those original films.

They opened an entire Wizarding World store in Manhattan last year I still haven’t seen any Fantastic Beasts merchandise in it - LEGO or otherwise. I don’t understand it. I assume it’s because the movies are targeted to adult fans of Harry Potter and the content is not very kid friendly. Still, I can’t think of any other major movie franchise that operates this way. Look at Jurassic World or Star Wars.

The silver lining is that I hope LEGO treats the new Lord of the Rings series the same way - uses the new content as a vehicle to reignite fans’ love of LOTR and rolls out all new LOTR sets based on the original films.

I was at the Harry Potter NY store in December and it had FB merchandise. I mostly remember seeing Nifflers and even picked up a stuffed one to check the price, but there was also wands, books, T-shirts, and more based on the franchise.

Edited by Tinkfan
Clarify

6 minutes ago, Tinkfan said:

I was at the Harry Potter NY store in December and it had FB merchandise. I mostly remember seeing Nifflers and even picked up a stuffed one to check the price, but there was also wands, books, T-shirts, and more based on the franchise. 

I should have been more specific - I meant no FB3 merchandise. They did have a few nifflers among the stuffed animals and they had Newt’s wand among the other wands, but I didn’t see anything else FB or FB3 related. Not even a Funk Pop. Imagine visiting a Disney store around Christmastime when a new Star Wars movie was coming out in a few months. The shelves would be stocked with merchandise for the new movie along with some new offerings from the original movies. It’s almost as if they’ve already cut their losses on FB. Hopefully, Secrets of Dumbledore breathes some new life into the franchise and they start rolling out some new merch. There are so many creatures and locations from those movies that I still want to see in LEGO form!

13 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We’re getting Indy anyway

I found all the March HP sets early at Walmart, bought them all, and now I’m building. Currently building the Hospital wing and my goodness this new Modular Hogwarts system is the most boring, monotonous, tedious, repetitive building style. It’s so bad. What a dull build. I had forgotten from last year’s sets how bad these builds are

I saw them all at a Wal-Mart on Wednesday too (Brockton, MA near IKEA if anyone is nearby and wants to go).

I really like the trunk set, but don't like $60 for it. I'm happy to wait to see if/when it's discounted.

So, I just watched a review of the Hogwarts Trunk set and noticed that none of the hoods on the backs of the new robe torsos are printed with the colored interior/trim we've been getting since 2018. That's pretty neat, since that detail wasn't added to the house robes until Prisoner of Azkaban.

Percy from the upcoming book also lacks the colored trim. Maybe this means that in future sets based on films 1-2 we'll be getting accurate pure black robes from now on.

7 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

So, I just watched a review of the Hogwarts Trunk set and noticed that none of the hoods on the backs of the new robe torsos are printed with the colored interior/trim we've been getting since 2018. That's pretty neat, since that detail wasn't added to the house robes until Prisoner of Azkaban.

Percy from the upcoming book also lacks the colored trim. Maybe this means that in future sets based on films 1-2 we'll be getting accurate pure black robes from now on.

completely forgot about that book. can someone remind me what its called and when it releases 

58 minutes ago, Surge said:

completely forgot about that book. can someone remind me what its called and when it releases 

Lego Harry Potter: A Spellbinding Guide to Hogwarts Houses is the name of the book. It won’t arrive until September 13, 2022, but it’s already listed on Amazon and other online retailers for pre-order.

For the time being, it's the only way to get that Percy Weasley minifigure and the figure looks great! Another Weasley to add to my collection I guess! 

Edited by Inevitable Thanos

I have a soft spot for the Wizarding World and Harry Potter. I heard the new Fantastic Beasts trailer was delayed and was wondering when you think we'll get the second trailer.

Maybe next week? Honestly I'm really excited to get more of Dumbledore's backstory in this next film and unlike most, I really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts. The second film Crimes of Grindelwald had some problems, but I still found myself enjoying it for the most part, the series is pretty underrated in my opinion

28 minutes ago, Bruno Madrigal said:

I have a soft spot for the Wizarding World and Harry Potter. I heard the new Fantastic Beasts trailer was delayed and was wondering when you think we'll get the second trailer.

Maybe next week? Honestly I'm really excited to get more of Dumbledore's backstory in this next film and unlike most, I really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts. The second film Crimes of Grindelwald had some problems, but I still found myself enjoying it for the most part, the series is pretty underrated in my opinion

At this point, I don't think we know when the trailer will release, but I would guess before too long, in any case (presuming the current delay doesn't mean a delay of the movie). 

I would agree that FB1 was a good movie. I haven't seen CoG though. 

In any case, this forum thread is primarily for discussion of the sets, rather than the movies (though that doesn't always stop us, haha). I do wonder if LEGO will ever consider much more material for the FB franchise, especially given that the last sets didn't necessarily sell amazingly. In any case, it definitely wouldn't be much material for those movies if they decided to do so, but I could be wrong about that. 

4 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

At this point, I don't think we know when the trailer will release, but I would guess before too long, in any case (presuming the current delay doesn't mean a delay of the movie). 

I would agree that FB1 was a good movie. I haven't seen CoG though. 

In any case, this forum thread is primarily for discussion of the sets, rather than the movies (though that doesn't always stop us, haha). I do wonder if LEGO will ever consider much more material for the FB franchise, especially given that the last sets didn't necessarily sell amazingly. In any case, it definitely wouldn't be much material for those movies if they decided to do so, but I could be wrong about that. 

Sorry I didn't know, I didn't want to make this a thread about the movies, but Lego should've made at least one set for Secrets of Dumbledore. Dumbledore alone should be enough to get people wanting to buy it, but I know Fantastic Beasts isn't all too popular and Lego didn't want to gamble like what they did with the previous two films.

The first film was great in my opinion, but all of the subplots going on in the second made it weak. The ending though was crazy for Crimes of Grindelwald, because Credence might actually be related to Dumbledore. Trailer 2 should be coming soon I think, I thought this movie was ahead of schedule, I could be wrong but the first trailer isn't quite enough to get people excited to see this one

1 minute ago, Bruno Madrigal said:

Sorry I didn't know, I didn't want to make this a thread about the movies, but Lego should've made at least one set for Secrets of Dumbledore. Dumbledore alone should be enough to get people wanting to buy it, but I know Fantastic Beasts isn't all too popular and Lego didn't want to gamble like what they did with the previous two films.

You're fine! Just letting you know before too much discussion solely about the movies starts to happen. We can definitely still chat about the films and the adjoining sets, just mainly this thread is meant for set discussion around said films, rather than just the films themselves. 

I could see LEGO making a young Dumbledore figure at some point before too long, but I don't know when/what that would look like, given that no sets are definite for SoD at this point. 

14 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

You're fine! Just letting you know before too much discussion solely about the movies starts to happen. We can definitely still chat about the films and the adjoining sets, just mainly this thread is meant for set discussion around said films, rather than just the films themselves. 

I could see LEGO making a young Dumbledore figure at some point before too long, but I don't know when/what that would look like, given that no sets are definite for SoD at this point. 

I would love a young Dumbledore minifigure, do you think we'll ever get a Lego Harry Potter CMF Series 3?

I know now they do 12 figures in a series, but maybe they could squeeze a young Dumbledore in there, because Series 1 had a few Fantastic Beasts minifigures from what I can remember

1 minute ago, Bruno Madrigal said:

I would love a young Dumbledore minifigure, do you think we'll ever get a Lego Harry Potter CMF Series 3?

I know now they do 12 figures in a series, but maybe they could squeeze a young Dumbledore in there, because Series 1 had a few Fantastic Beasts minifigures from what I can remember

I could see them potentially including a young Dumbledore in a series 3 - a young Dumbledore from HP if not from FB.

If we do get a series 3, it likely wouldn't be until next year, given how there was a year between series 1 and 2. 

1 hour ago, Bruno Madrigal said:

I would love to see Wizarding World Series 3 next year. To be honest, I think young Dumbeldore would be likely to show in Series one year after Secret of dumbedlore, just like Series 1 two years after the first Fantatsic Beasts movie’s release. 

You see, we don’t have another license series after the Muppet CMF series this year. It’s just Series 23 later this year. So I think Wizarding World Series 3 may be next year. 

Just guessing. :)

Edited by DBlegonerd7

After reading your guys’ posts about finding the sets early at Walmart, I left my place at 10pm to go see if my local Walmart had them! Not successful but I thought it was hilarious that I went out so late at night because of you guys!

32 minutes ago, joeee said:

After reading your guys’ posts about finding the sets early at Walmart, I left my place at 10pm to go see if my local Walmart had them! Not successful but I thought it was hilarious that I went out so late at night because of you guys!

I’ve checked mine a few times in the past week or so and no luck either :sceptic:

Edited by Slytherin Alumni

6 hours ago, Bruno Madrigal said:

really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts. The second film Crimes of Grindelwald had some problems, but I still found myself enjoying it for the most part, the series is pretty underrated in my opinion

I agree :thumbup:
Will be disappointed if we do not get any sets from FB (not talking about brickheads), if not anything else at least some minifigs since they would look great and an some diversity with all the HP students we are getting :sceptic:

Has anyone seen the new ‘force ghost’ piece leak and thought it would be perfect for turning HP minifigures into the spectral figures Harry sees in GoF during and DH before battling Voldemort?

Edited by Lorcan

Clock Tower Upgrade

So I did some minor alterations to the official set and created a ground floor to go with it. I feel like it's possible to make these modular sets much more film accurate while keeping them in the new style. I feel that they could have done so much more with this set to make it a must have. I've added Harry practicing Expecto Patronum with Lupin and Dementor coming out of the new trunk on the ground floor. The courtyard and fountain that are supposed to be in the new Sirius escape set this summer could have been added to this set too. I'll put more pictures up on instagram. 

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I agree :thumbup:
Will be disappointed if we do not get any sets from FB (not talking about brickheads), if not anything else at least some minifigs since they would look great and an some diversity with all the HP students we are getting :sceptic:

I’m honestly flabbergasted that we haven’t heard anything about Secrets of Dumbledore sets. The fact that when they introduced the collectible chocolate frog cards last year there was a separate little subsection of Fantastic Beasts characters that were even identified as such on the checklist included in the instructions seemed to me to indicate that Lego was actively trying to keep that subtheme alive (or at least remind people of its existence). I just can’t imagine why’d they do that if they weren’t planning on doing more with Fantastic Beasts. 

3 hours ago, Lorcan said:

Has anyone seen the new ‘force ghost’ piece leak and thought it would be perfect for turning HP minifigures into the spectral figures Harry sees in GoF during and DH before battling Voldemort?

hadn’t really occurred to me - mainly because Harry Potter ghosts are typically monochromatic transparent, and while Star Wars force ghost do often appear that way, I seem to recall at least one instance of full color with a blue aura like the new piece gives the affect of. But you’ve got a point - while it’s not particularly screen accurate to either the graveyard duel (where the echoes appear like light and smoke) or the resurrection stone scene (where the summoned spirits look almost normal) it would be a neat way of showing incorporealness for characters we already have. 

4 hours ago, Micmac said:

Clock Tower Upgrade

So I did some minor alterations to the official set and created a ground floor to go with it. I feel like it's possible to make these modular sets much more film accurate while keeping them in the new style. I feel that they could have done so much more with this set to make it a must have. I've added Harry practicing Expecto Patronum with Lupin and Dementor coming out of the new trunk on the ground floor. The courtyard and fountain that are supposed to be in the new Sirius escape set this summer could have been added to this set too. I'll put more pictures up on instagram. 

That’s how you do it! Now it’s worthy of being called Clock Tower.👍