Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

The wave basically means that we have all sets from the old wave hp except ship, second task and the shops from alley. I dont count the supersmall sets like free dobby etc. So we can expect these two this year or at 2023.. but it looks like that the recycling which started last year is almost done. The horntail is shouldnt be a playset.. 

14 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I can remember one of my birthdays being at school and not being able to wait to get home and build my Lego, and Dumbledore’s office was one of my favourite sets. I remember telling my cousin she would like the CoS wave sets because you got three extra female characters - Hooch, Ginny and McGonagall. Before that, we’d only had Hermione and the Chess Queen (if she counted). 😅

And then I remember another birthday getting the POA wave and my auntie bought me Sirius Black’s escape and my parents got me the Shrieking shack. So these sets have a lot of nostalgia for me. 😍

I remember back in the day, when my dad bought the original clock tower set for me for Christmas, he’d gotten Dumbledore’s office from CoS completely free! Such a lovely surprise extra set, and such a big one too, you’d never catch them doing deals like that today

Yesterday was just a fantastic day for LEGO. We got the Harry Potter set list (including maybe pur first ever set for Deathly Hallows part 1), more news on the Skywalker Saga game, and, on a less relevant note, I finally submitted the LEGO Ideas project I've been iterating on for the last year.

I don't expect another day as good for LEGO until we actually get pics of these sets.

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

For me it’s 70% chance for Gringotts DA expansion, 20% for big UCS Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade Station (still wouldn’t be enough for €470 imo) and 10% chance for something completely different and unexpected.

I hope you are right😉😉👍🏻

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, what is it then, if the probability is 70%? :laugh_hard:

• Buildable objects? We’ve just had those.
  • Microscale build? Nothing iconic enough left. A Hogwarts add-on is pointless considering what’s left is nowhere near as recognisable as what the 2018 set included
  • Brick-built character/creature? The most important human character (Harry) and most iconic creature (Hedwig) already got that treatment last year.
  • Vehicle? Nothing except HE justifies that pricetag, even a Ford Anglia would be a third of that price at max
  • Minifig-scale? Makes the most sense, and the most obvious choice in this category is a DA expansion :laugh:

Great points here, this is exactly why I think there are only 2 likely options. Few people suggested UCS Quidditch pitch or even Quidditch World Cup, which would be a big risk at this price.

DA expansion sounds the most likely to me too, though the wishful part of me wants to believe it’s something else :laugh:

I probably want it to be something other than DA because I didn’t get the set in the first place, I just have nowhere to put it. 

Bit late to the party!  Such an exciting time of the year when the set details come out for the first time.  My thoughts on the sets are below.  Generally I think it's clear that LEGO is being more flexible with sets not sticking so tightly to specific scenes (e.g. Luna/Sinistra in the CoS set last year, unnamed characters and Quibbler in upcoming PS-based trunk set).

76400 Hogwarts carriage with Thestrals, 121 parts, 20 eur

Sounds fun!  As with the general theme, the carriage and baby thestral don't share any scenes.  I think this will be mostly based on Luna's first appearance hence the carriage and reprint of the Quibbler for this year.  The baby thestral will be a cute addition and effective selling point!

76401 Hogwarts: Sirius' Rescue, 345 parts, 50 eur

A remake of a set I really liked in 2004.  Nothing too new here but I'm excited to see the courtyard build which I expect to be two thirds of the width of the set based on the two arches referenced by Promobricks.  The tower will likely be a taller 8x8 build with a prison and maybe a fat lady portrait due to Ginny's inclusion which again is from a separate scene.  Hopefully Ginny gets short legs as she is a second year but I sadly doubt it.  Fountain sounds like a nice extra.

76402 Hogwarts: Dumbledore's office, 654 parts, 80 eur

I loved this oversized set in 2002 and nice to get a 20th anniversary remake (new gold fig unlikely).  Definitely heavily OotP themed based on minifigs. McGonagall in black robes or a night gown would be nice, Snape will likely be the current version, Dumbledore will be interesting as it's been a while since a blue robe version, Filch with boils would be great, Mrs Norris is really fun especially if we get a new mould that is reused for Crookshanks.  Excited to see all the details although it feels like we've had most interesting bits already (sword, phoenix, pensieve, sorting hat).

76403 Ministry of magic, 990 parts, 100 eur

By far the set I'm most excited about.  I personally love building the world of Harry Potter without specific events/battles taking place so like the sound of the focus being on the Ministry itself.  The hall of prophecies, Arthur Weasley, golden statue all point to this being OotP based so I think the dementors may actually be hooded death eaters (hopefully named e.g. Dolohov, Rookwood).  It's great that the emphasis is on the atrium and I can't wait to see pics.

76406 Hungarian Horntail, 671 parts, 50 eur

Far more excited by this than Fawkes/Hedwig.  Hopefully it scales well with minifigs and it would be cool if the base is a rocky outcrop with golden egg.  The style of the new brick built T-Rex would be ideal.

76407 Shrieking Shack, 777 parts, 90 eur

Another welcome remake.  Potential for some relatively boring remakes of figures (all 5 Sirius versions so far are PoA...) but a werewolf Lupin and grim would be lovely.

Overall thoughts

Not expecting too much from the Hogwarts builds after last year but very excited about the details.  I love the leaning to the under-represented OotP scenes and don't mind the GoF absence as this has been well covered.  However I'd guess the 120 eur set is the second task.  Would have been nice to get more brand new figs like we did last year but I'm sure we'll get some great new versions and maybe a surprise or two in the pipeline.

12 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I would be surprised if there wasn't at least a Werewolf Lupin in the Shack, but we don't know for certain as far as that or the grim. 

The figure list for the ministry is a bit tentative. There's Umbridge, who doesn't make a lot of sense, and they even note that one of the figures is a bit unknown (they conjecture Fenrir, but they don't know), so we'll see what the final figure list is and what movie it's based on for certain.

For that high price I hope they add in as many new figures/ variants as they can. Another Hogsmeade building would be nice too, perhaps with a Hagrid, Draco etc

If it happens that we get the werewolf in the SS it will confirm for me that LEGO has made the conscious decision to give us a selection of some of our CMF ‘wishes’ in sets this year and last (polyjuice trio, Pomfrey, Sinistra, pixies etc as existing examples) to make up for no series 3 this year 

I can believe that the figure lineup for some of these sets comes from prototypes, with existing figures standing in for yet unmade new ones. Umbridge is eye catching (pink) and we have one version of her already, same goes for dementors, so I expect the ‘Lucius’ is a stand in for Yaxley. I expect also that it’s not actually Arthur in the set but could be someone else, and the last mystery figure might turn out to be be Pius Thicknesse 🤞

So we’re still missing info regarding the AC, D2C, the $119 set and SS’s minifigures. Is a fall wave possible? 

25 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Yesterday was just a fantastic day for LEGO. We got the Harry Potter set list (including maybe pur first ever set for Deathly Hallows part 1), more news on the Skywalker Saga game, and, on a less relevant note, I finally submitted the LEGO Ideas project I've been iterating on for the last year.

I don't expect another day as good for LEGO until we actually get pics of these sets.

Congrats! Let’s see the LEGO Ideas project - Do you have a link yet?

The non-Hogwarts sets sound good and I'm looking forward to seeing them. I struggle to get excited for the Hogwarts sets as the 2018-2020 sets were so good, the new style still doesn't do it for me. I think they're better play set, to be fair, but don't look as nice. The details are lovely, and where they can be incorporated into the 2018-2020 sets, they're great (like the Chamber of Secrets being a base for the 2018 Great Hall).

The price per piece seems high on most of these compared to the last wave. Is that likely just inflation kicking in, or maybe suggesting budget for new moulds or more animals spread across several sets?

15 minutes ago, Yope said:

76402 Hogwarts: Dumbledore's office, 654 parts, 80 eur

I loved this oversized set in 2002 and nice to get a 20th anniversary remake (new gold fig unlikely).  Definitely heavily OotP themed based on minifigs. McGonagall in black robes or a night gown would be nice, Snape will likely be the current version, Dumbledore will be interesting as it's been a while since a blue robe version, Filch with boils would be great, Mrs Norris is really fun especially if we get a new mould that is reused for Crookshanks.  Excited to see all the details although it feels like we've had most interesting bits already (sword, phoenix, pensieve, sorting hat).

I now really, really, really want McGonagall AND Snape in their sleepwear, a fig whose existence I had never imagined until five minutes ago, and yet now it needs to happen. He'll have a night shirt, knobby sallow knees... Slippers! Perhaps a teddy bear... I'm not sure what else the consummate Slytherin would have, a stuffed snake seems... unfortunate in light of the series' end. Oh, and one of those pointy flannel caps (complete with tassel) my grandfather used to have, but I never saw him wear... That would suit him well. :laugh:

18 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

DA expansion sounds the most likely to me too, though the wishful part of me wants to believe it’s something else :laugh:

I probably want it to be something other than DA because I didn’t get the set in the first place, I just have nowhere to put it. 

Where would you put anything else then? As a fellow space challenged person, I appreciated that DA is probably about the smallest footprint we'd see for the price. It folds together to a size of two modular Creator Expert builds where everything else sort of sprawls. 

17 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

How does Crookshanks look like Mrs Norris? They’re nothing alike.

You're right, but they're both a lot more "furry cylinder" in shape than the current cat piece and two new moulds seems very unlikely!

8 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I now really, really, really want McGonagall AND Snape in their sleepwear, a fig whose existence I had never imagined until five minutes ago, and yet now it needs to happen. He'll have a night shirt, knobby sallow knees... Slippers! Perhaps a teddy bear... I'm not sure what else the consummate Slytherin would have, a stuffed snake seems... unfortunate in light of the series' end. Oh, and one of those pointy flannel caps (complete with tassel) my grandfather used to have, but I never saw him wear... That would suit him well. :laugh:

This is absolutely everything to me :laugh_hard: If the set doesn’t include a Snape minifig that meets this description exactly - I’m not here for it.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, what is it then, if the probability is 70%? :laugh_hard:

• Buildable objects? We’ve just had those.
  • Microscale build? Nothing iconic enough left. A Hogwarts add-on is pointless considering what’s left is nowhere near as recognisable as what the 2018 set included
  • Brick-built character/creature? The most important human character (Harry) and most iconic creature (Hedwig) already got that treatment last year.
  • Vehicle? Nothing except HE justifies that pricetag, even a Ford Anglia would be a third of that price at max
  • Minifig-scale? Makes the most sense, and the most obvious choice in this category is a DA expansion :laugh:

There aren’t any other categories. It has to be an object, a character, a creature, a vehicle, a microscale build, or a minifig-scaled one. Or do you suggest it’s a physical manifestation of a fuzzy metaphysical concept straight from the hyperuranion? 

I have no idea what they may cook up down in Billund, but you must remember that Lego designers do not think like most of us here, it is a reason why we guess so much wrong about coming sets and end up being surprised a lot of the time :wink:

5 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

This is absolutely everything to me :laugh_hard: If the set doesn’t include a Snape minifig that meets this description exactly - I’m not here for it.

I've started MOCing it, because the lego designers and I are probably not on the same page here. :laugh: Currently eyeing Wilma Flintstone's legs. Need to find a white buttoned shirt to use as the top... I suspect I'll have to suffer without the cap... 

ETA: Ross Geller's top in white perhaps? The belt is a little unfortunate...

Edited by krimimimi

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Congrats! Let’s see the LEGO Ideas project - Do you have a link yet?

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to advertise my project in the Harry Potter thread, but I have posted about it in the Licensed LEGO Ideas thread.

For now, let's just say that it's based on an IP that I think is a great fit for LEGO, since they both capture the spirit of Pure Imagination...

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

So we’re still missing info regarding the AC, D2C, the $119 set and SS’s minifigures. Is a fall wave possible? 

All of it should be June 1st minus the D2C which looks like it's September again.

Still unknown info on the accesory pack (40577) and the unknown Lego store exclusive set which could be a promo, brickheadz etc (40560)

13 minutes ago, joeee said:

I realized this Hogwarts carriage could be an iteration of the carriage from Order of the Phoenix (with the open roof): https://i.insider.com/5f2095ffde1e9605e53d918f?width=600&format=jpeg&auto=webp

So it truly won’t be a repeat of the recent carriage.

(Apologies if someone already guessed and posted this!)

I’m going to try and get at least two of this set. This is my favourite set of the year. 😍😍

16 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I’m going to try and get at least two of this set. This is my favourite set of the year. 😍😍

Yep, you need an extra carriage to fill with all the inaccurate Cho's we've gotten.

34 minutes ago, joeee said:

I realized this Hogwarts carriage could be an iteration of the carriage from Order of the Phoenix (with the open roof): https://i.insider.com/5f2095ffde1e9605e53d918f?width=600&format=jpeg&auto=webp

So it truly won’t be a repeat of the recent carriage.

(Apologies if someone already guessed and posted this!)

Yeah I think that's the one, I made a Moc of it recently. Would be nice to get the lamppost too! 

resize_1600_900 (1)resize_1600_900 (2)

13 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Yep, you need an extra carriage to fill with all the inaccurate Cho's we've gotten.

Maybe this year she’ll use that new lighter skin tone they made.