Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, I always wanted a giant LEGO triangle :laugh_hard: Wait, we already did recently with the Domo :grin: 

Seriously though, if they ever run out of ideas, they probably start remaking sets rather than making a set of a building that appears on screen for a grand total of like 10 seconds :tongue: As much as I like the design, it‘s not really set material in my opinion. And we got Bellatrix in her prison garb already

I can see it be done like Vader's castle. Anyway, they have to make DH sets at one point. The films aren't THAT dark. 

New accessory pack coming in Spring/Summer according to instagram. Not sure what we can expect, Quidditch players is the obvious one. I wouldn’t mind something similar to the original one with new characters in robes from each house eg Ernie MacMillan, Pansy Parkinson, Penelope Clearwater and Harry. The budget for these is so low that I’m not sure I’d want more interesting characters like OotP members or death eaters.

What I‘m hoping for when it comes to the upcoming reveal is that it includes all of the sets (minus the D2C of course) :classic: Last year‘s split reveal was completely nonsensical, considering they all ended up being released at once anyway :wacko: Since the webshops that already list the 2HY sets seem not to omit any of them, I think they‘re all featured in the catalogue, so the descriptions should be complete :tongue:

Well, even if they aren‘t, surprises like we had last year can be ruled out since we know that there‘s one creature and two playsets in the second half of the list

8 minutes ago, Yope said:

New accessory pack coming in Spring/Summer according to instagram. Not sure what we can expect, Quidditch players is the obvious one. 

They don‘t seem to go for the obvious choices, do they :grin: We should expect the unexpected

9 minutes ago, Yope said:

The budget for these is so low that I’m not sure I’d want more interesting characters like OotP members or death eaters.

Depends. Give the Death Eaters identical torsos plus a double-sided head with two different mask prints, include 2020 Lucius and 2019 Voldy, and we have a cost-effective villain accessory pack :laugh:

Are we gonna get set descriptions this week...or we will see sets leaks by then? I am actually surprised we barely got catalog leaks in the last years. 

22 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

76403 Hogwarts Firework Frenzy - 990 pcs. - $99.99

I really like this idea. Could be some great colours and characters. Definitely would be a fun scene to re-create. Not sure anyone has mentioned it before on this forum either (apologies if I am mis-remembering)

Rumours on Brickfanatics of 2 potential HP GWPs/Brickheadz/promos. Perhaps they will be released just in time for 4 weeks after the release of the Spring sets, following in the footsteps of the Vintage Taxi arriving after the Boutique Hotel's launch?! 

5 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Are we gonna get set descriptions this week...or we will see sets leaks by then? I am actually surprised we barely got catalog leaks in the last years. 

That’s because Lego took more actions to prevent the leaks such as more blank boxes, heavily watermarked with store name and images you can scan to see exactly which store it came from 

48 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Actually, I don‘t miss catalogue leaks too much. Everybody complaining about grainy bigfoot-quality pictures of incomplete prototypes got a bit old after a while :tongue: I‘d much rather have detailed descriptions and minifig factory leaks :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Hey (longtime lurker here), but I just saw the new March 2022 friends sets and I think the new Priyanka figure in what I think is medium brown means that the fifth skin tone in the trunk set will be medium brown too. 

and the new hair toque combo on Olivia has brown hair to make custom a DH hermione if LEGO never gives us a specific godrics hollow set

28 minutes ago, Lukeasee96 said:

Hey (longtime lurker here), but I just saw the new March 2022 friends sets and I think the new Priyanka figure in what I think is medium brown means that the fifth skin tone in the trunk set will be medium brown too. 

Good catch! She does look like the same colour as the fifth skin tone in the trunk. What remains to be seen is if it's a true resurrection of the old medium brown, or a similar but new colour.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:32 AM, krimimimi said:

What would make a good Hogsmeade AC?

While I like the idea of a Hogmeade Advent calendar in theory (it is lends itself well to holiday decorations and wintery themes), I find it hard to imagine that the items Lego would actually be likely to include in that Advent calendar would be all that exciting. Of course it would be great to get Aberforth and some Hog's Head items, but, even though Lego sometimes offers bar-related items, I worry that Lego might be particularly wary of including those items in a Christmas-themed set. Following the pattern of the first two Harry Potter Advent calendars borrowing heavily from previous large sets, I would expect that a Hogmeade AC would repeat many items from the existing Honeydukes & Three Broomsticks set. Even though it repeated some pieces, I thought the Yule Ball Advent calendar did a nice job of adding some great new Yule Ball items not included in the previous Clocktower Yule set-- such as the Patil twins in Yule Ball dresses. However, I'm having a hard time identifying key figures that were notably absent from the Honeydukes &3B set and could now be made for the first time for a Hogmeade AC. I'd love to hear more ideas in response to kimimimi's question about what would make a good Hogmeade Advent calendar.

3 hours ago, Xenophilius said:

While I like the idea of a Hogmeade Advent calendar in theory (it is lends itself well to holiday decorations and wintery themes), I find it hard to imagine that the items Lego would actually be likely to include in that Advent calendar would be all that exciting. Of course it would be great to get Aberforth and some Hog's Head items, but, even though Lego sometimes offers bar-related items, I worry that Lego might be particularly wary of including those items in a Christmas-themed set. Following the pattern of the first two Harry Potter Advent calendars borrowing heavily from previous large sets, I would expect that a Hogmeade AC would repeat many items from the existing Honeydukes & Three Broomsticks set. Even though it repeated some pieces, I thought the Yule Ball Advent calendar did a nice job of adding some great new Yule Ball items not included in the previous Clocktower Yule set-- such as the Patil twins in Yule Ball dresses. However, I'm having a hard time identifying key figures that were notably absent from the Honeydukes &3B set and could now be made for the first time for a Hogmeade AC. I'd love to hear more ideas in response to kimimimi's question about what would make a good Hogmeade Advent calendar.

I would base it around the scene where Harry chucks snowballs at Draco and his cronies. That gives you six days of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Crabbe and other-guy-who-isn't-Goyle-for-some-reason.

Not sure how they'd work around the gang wearing winter coats etc that we don't have minifigs for (ACs tend to reuse minifigs for the most part), they could perhaps do a spin on the idea and have the group in their PoA clothes with a scarf accessory, or reuse the Hogwarts house robes with scarves. Perhaps as a compromise we could get hairpieces with winter hats attached or something similar. (Draco, Ron and Hermione all sport marvellous hats in this scene).

Couple of generic Christmassy items. Trees, presents, or a printed owl post, that sort of thing. (Not every door in the AC is going to be exciting unfortunately. Each one has had a few duds imo)

A Hogsmeade signpost that also points to Hogwarts. A couple of new printed Honeydukes sweets to throw into the Hogsmeade set.

Bugbot's MOC also had some great inspiration and I think you'd have to go in a general Prisoner of Azkaban direction to fill in the blanks. Mini builds of the Knight Bus, the Clock Tower etc. Job done!!

Edited by drewdotexe

18 hours ago, Xenophilius said:

[...] it would be great to get Aberforth and some Hog's Head items, but, even though Lego sometimes offers bar-related items, I worry that Lego might be particularly wary of including those items in a Christmas-themed set. [...] Even though it repeated some pieces, I thought the Yule Ball Advent calendar did a nice job of adding some great new Yule Ball items not included in the previous Clocktower Yule set-- such as the Patil twins in Yule Ball dresses. However, I'm having a hard time identifying key figures that were notably absent from the Honeydukes &3B set and could now be made for the first time for a Hogmeade AC. I'd love to hear more ideas in response to kimimimi's question about what would make a good Hogmeade Advent calendar.

2021 included a sign for the Leaky and a table complete with tankards and a bottle, so there's some hope that reluctance wouldn't restrict them completely. 

The 2020 Yule Ball may have been my favourite of the three ACs thus far for its cohesion of vision. Nanobuilds aside, it does a great job of extending the Yule Ball scene, so I could see future ACs continuing in that vein. (Kids, on the other hand, are often happier with representational builds, so 2021 may have gone over better... :shrug_confused: We'll have to wait and see.)  

As to whom: Katie Bell and the cursed necklace HBP. There were a couple of encounters with Rita Skeeter in Hogsmeade (GoF and OotP). It could also be an opportunity to reissue Fudge (PoA) as Hagrid's Hut is retiring. I suppose Ludo Bagman his good self is unlikely though... :hmpf_bad: The Hog's Head and Madam Puddifoot's seem possible OotP Hogsmeade sets, however, and there are figs for each that would work and are unlikely to appear elsewhere. Benches and extra seating for either or both function much the same as the 2020 YB AC. I'd even be happy for random street vendors and shoppers. If you consider that lego had two unnamed figs and a vendor of an as yet unissued store in the 2021 Accessory Set, that might not even be a stretch. And lego had a chestnut vendor in the winter festival set. IIRC someone here had done a build of the Weasleys' Dragon Roasted Chestnuts (may have been Micmac in his DA expansion?). Something like that would be grand, so fitting and all winter-y magical. Or maybe a brick built Skrewt heating the mulled butter beer and cocoa. :pir-huzzah2: 

15 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

I would base it around the scene where Harry chucks snowballs at Draco and his cronies. That gives you six days of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Crabbe and other-guy-who-isn't-Goyle-for-some-reason.

Not sure how they'd work around the gang wearing winter coats etc that we don't have minifigs for (ACs tend to reuse minifigs for the most part), they could perhaps do a spin on the idea and have the group in their PoA clothes with a scarf accessory, or reuse the Hogwarts house robes with scarves. Perhaps as a compromise we could get hairpieces with winter hats attached or something similar. (Draco, Ron and Hermione all sport marvellous hats in this scene).

Couple of generic Christmassy items. Trees, presents, or a printed owl post, that sort of thing. (Not every door in the AC is going to be exciting unfortunately. Each one has had a few duds imo)

A Hogsmeade signpost that also points to Hogwarts. A couple of new printed Honeydukes sweets to throw into the Hogsmeade set.

Bugbot's MOC also had some great inspiration and I think you'd have to go in a general Prisoner of Azkaban direction to fill in the blanks. Mini builds of the Knight Bus, the Clock Tower etc. Job done!!

The actor who played Goyle injured his arm and had to sit out action sequences for PoA. Iirc, they made up a character instead of just giving the scene to another one (like Dobby / Nigel & Gillyweed) so as not to commit to anything in case Rowling had contradictory plans for the potential other character down the line. Sort of like Nigel Wolpert vs. the Creeveys.

That scene would be a good one, although I'm not sure about the accompanying builds. They could give us Blaise instead of Pike / Goyle to help with the diversity issues and I doubt anyone would complain about not getting Pike. (Then again... :laugh:) As for ACs reusing minifigs, I wouldn't co-sign that. 2019 had 5 unique ones and one alt version out of seven total, 2020 3 unique ones and 3 that had only been in one other set, and 2021 had five unique ones and one alt version of a fig that had only been in a fairly exclusive set. All in all, they've made a good showing in that regard. 

I'd love the signpost.

Not a huge fan of the nanobuilds, although they've been very well done, but they just don't really fit in my overall displays. I liked the Yule Ball AC despite more than because of them, but at least the Durmstrang ship and the Beauxbatons carriage fit in to the nanoscale castle set. 

When do we finally get some input or descriptions of the new sets?? There are already so many leaks of Superheroes/ Star Wars etc… 

:iamded_lol:

44 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

When do we finally get some input or descriptions of the new sets?? There are already so many leaks of Superheroes/ Star Wars etc… 

:iamded_lol:

There aren't. 

For Star Wars we just have set numbers and prices, some without piece counts.

For Super Heroes we have only some set numbers, some without piece counts.

For Harry Potter we at least know all the set numbers with prices and piece counts, and even that some sets are buildable creatures or playset.

Harry Potter is actually the theme (out of those three) that we know the most about.

My dream D2C set would be the Hogwarts Express, done in an expert style, with at least two coaches, and Hogsmeade or Kings Cross station.  You could do something beautiful with those.  I'm a train fan anyway, and knew that all previous ones have been very inaccurate, but seeing 5972 Olton Hall, known more often as Hogwarts Castle (or amongst British train fans, the Hall that thinks it's a Castle (2 GWR classes of steam locomotive were the Hall class, and the Castle, with each locomotive being named xxx Hall or xxx Castle) as just increased my anger.  The Hogwarts Express deserves a better representation, and it's also a set from four years ago now.  :classic:

13 hours ago, krimimimi said:

That scene would be a good one, although I'm not sure about the accompanying builds. They could give us Blaise instead of Pike / Goyle to help with the diversity issues and I doubt anyone would complain about not getting Pike. (Then again... :laugh:) As for ACs reusing minifigs, I wouldn't co-sign that. 2019 had 5 unique ones and one alt version out of seven total, 2020 3 unique ones and 3 that had only been in one other set, and 2021 had five unique ones and one alt version of a fig that had only been in a fairly exclusive set. All in all, they've made a good showing in that regard. 

I'd love the signpost.

Yeah I dont know why I said that either regarding minifigs think I was thinking of a different set. Not with it this week! 

They could perhaps do a Hogsmeade set focused around OoTP as well with the Dumbledores Army meeting. An AC with Luna and Neville in would probably sell a few extra units too.

Think between us we could create a couple of Hogsmeade AC sets. There is hope yet!!!

Personally I'm just disassembling all my harry potter sets for moving house, so interesting seeing the little details you don't take notice of when the sets are up. For instance forgot about the sticker of the Weasleys in Egypt that comes with the Burrow. So cute!!

Whatever comes of the wave this year I hope we continue to get such lovely finishing touches.

14 hours ago, krimimimi said:

The 2020 Yule Ball may have been my favourite of the three ACs thus far for its cohesion of vision. Nanobuilds aside, it does a great job of extending the Yule Ball scene, so I could see future ACs continuing in that vein.

Completely agree, 2020 was my favourite AC as well; I really didn't like how un-christmassy last year's was, and I don't have a place to put a lot of the builds now (at least until we get a proper Gringotts/Leaky Cauldron). A Hogsmeade theme would do a great job of extending the current sets (especially if they also release a Shrieking Shack this year) while also still being wintery.

2 hours ago, yori4145 said:

I really didn't like how un-christmassy last year's was, and I don't have a place to put a lot of the builds now (at least until we get a proper Gringotts/Leaky Cauldron).

For my display I put some of those builds around the microscale DA: The wall and LC song at one end, the vault next to Gringotts, and the Accessory Pack stall in the center. Definitely not accurate, but it gives a really good sense of Harry's journey through DA in the first movie.

2 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

Maybe there will be some news out about HP after the virtual toy fair in Nürnberg.:shrug_oh_well:

When is that? 

3 hours ago, Mr No said:

When is that? 

Nurnberg toy fair is a German toy fair that started today and should last until February 6th. It's all online, but they could possibly reveal some new Lego. I'm not sure if Lego is participating in that

Nevermind about the toy fair. I looked it up and Lego isn't part of that Nurnberg toy fair, but new leaks and sets are revealed all the time. Patience is key

I know I'm not the only Lego Harry Potter fan dieing to know what the summer 2022 rumors will be! 

(I'M DIEING TO KNOW WHAT THE $470 SET IS! *please be Gringotts, please be Gringotts)

Also I hope we get an updated Shrieking Shack with a new grim piece and a werewolf Lupin. I'm mixed on the idea of Lego continuing to use the 2021 20th Anniversary style Hogwarts system in 2022. 

I'm sad that Lego isn't releasing any new Fantastic Beasts sets for The Secrets of Dumbledore. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm a really big fan of those films, even though they don't compare to the likes of Harry Potter. I'm genuinely interested in this battle between Grindelwald and Dumbledore and how Credence fits into everything. 

I'm hoping the buildable creature is a Niffler and maybe it could include a new Newt Scamander or Young Dumbledore minifigure branded under The Secrets of Dumbledore. 

On 2/1/2022 at 12:54 AM, drewdotexe said:

Thanks for this intriguing idea. One thing I particularly like about this prospect is that they could include the invisibility cloak that hasn't been available since the first HP minifig series.

On 2/1/2022 at 4:54 PM, krimimimi said:

2021 included a sign for the Leaky and a table complete with tankards and a bottle, so there's some hope that reluctance wouldn't restrict them completely. 

Thanks for that reminder about the Leaky components in the 2021 AC. I guess there is more reason to hope for some Hog's Head items if there ever is a Hogsmeade Advent calendar. I'd also like it if the Advent calendar included a sign for the owl post, since it doesn't seem not all that likely that the owl post building will be in a future set.

2 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I'm sad that Lego isn't releasing any new Fantastic Beasts sets for The Secrets of Dumbledore.

There's no confirmation that we aren't getting any sets for SoD, in fact I think it's fairly unlikely we don't get anything for the movie. My money's on the $50 creature and the $90 retail exclusive.