Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I really hope it's today. I'm having an operation tomorrow and it would be cool to know beforehand, something to think about and keep my mind off things.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you. :wub:

44 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think promobricks usually pick one theme at a time, which makes sense when you want to generate a more steady flow of traffic :laugh: Dropping all articles at once would not be an optimal strategy

Yeah, that would certainly be a nice distraction. I was in the same position last year :oh3: I wish you all the best!

I bet HP will be last. 😂 I remember, Weren't there leaks around the time of your op, or am I imagining that? Thank you!

43 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Spent far too long in hospital last year, which with covid restrictions sucked more than usual / necessary. If you need an ear or just a distraction, feel free to PM. I mean that. And on the plus side, I can blither both lego and HP fairly fluently... :wink: 

Best of luck tomorrow.  

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things are better for you now? Yes the covid restrictions make it harder, although having lost a loved one at the very beginning, I cannot complain about their necessity. I did everything to stay out of hospital last year and have emergency home treatment, but needs must. Aww that's so sweet. I have zero idea just how well my body is going to respond so I might be completely out of it for a while, but I'm hoping I can be back in time to comment for when the next leaks drops. 😀

13 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you. :wub:

Thank you!

Also, all your comments the other day (@BrickBob Studpants you're not included in this because we all know your dedication and that is truly admiral lol) have helped me come to the conclusion that I don't need to be a completionist and to just get those sets with minifigures etc that I really love. Brick built creatures and objects can be very cool, but they're not my core love and the thought of amassing so much HP Lego over a small amount of years and feeling compelled to get everything was giving me anxiety. I have sold some of my least favourite sets (loose term considering I do love it all) and made enough to cover this year's D2C and I still have two small glass cabinets filled with HP Lego from 2018 onwards. 😆

Truly love this forum and being able to discuss everything with you guys. 😀

Edited by BacktoBricks

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I bet HP will be last. 😂 I remember, Weren't there leaks around the time of your op, or am I imagining that? Thank you!

Correct, there were, but I can’t recall the exact timeline any more :classic: I think it was around the time when we first heard about the second half of the June wave, to quite literally add insult to injury, at least in that moment :head_back: After all, I came to appreciate the sets later-on.

I hope this year’s rumours/descriptions are more exciting, so you have a great wave of sets to look forward to after the surgery :thumbup:

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Correct, there were, but I can’t recall the exact timeline any more :classic: I think it was around the time when we first heard about the second half of the June wave, to quite literally add insult to injury, at least in that moment :head_back: After all, I came to appreciate the sets later-on.

I hope this year’s rumours/descriptions are more exciting, so you have a great wave of sets to look forward to after the surgery :thumbup:

Ah great, so my memory is doing okay at least then. :head_back: No it's all become a bit of a blur now lol. Hard to imagine this will be the fifth year of sets. We are lucky at the end of the day that this theme returned. I'm really hoping we get some solid 'scene' sets like Shrieking Shack or Grimmauld Place in the style of Hogsmeade or The Burrow. Plus a Durmstrang ship would be appreciated. :classic:

35 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things are better for you now? Yes the covid restrictions make it harder, although having lost a loved one at the very beginning, I cannot complain about their necessity. I did everything to stay out of hospital last year and have emergency home treatment, but needs must. Aww that's so sweet. I have zero idea just how well my body is going to respond so I might be completely out of it for a while, but I'm hoping I can be back in time to comment for when the next leaks drops. 😀

[...]

Also, all your comments the other day (@BrickBob Studpants you're not included in this because we all know your dedication and that is truly admiral lol) have helped me come to the conclusion that I don't need to be a completionist and to just get those sets with minifigures etc that I really love. Brick built creatures and objects can be very cool, but they're not my core love and the thought of amassing so much HP Lego over a small amount of years and feeling compelled to get everything was giving me anxiety. I have sold some of my least favourite sets (loose term considering I do love it all) and made enough to cover this year's D2C and I still have two small glass cabinets filled with HP Lego from 2018 onwards. 😆

Truly love this forum and being able to discuss everything with you guys. 😀

Unclear, tbh. :shrug_confused: I'll definitely need more surgery, but it can be postponed until the hospital capacity situation is less volatile. The bigger issue, as for too many others I imagine, seems to be proper risk assessment for overall treatment under uncertain conditions, but then we can't change that either so there's really little point whinging. Like you, I just try to avoid stationary treatment where possible. I do however now have a very good natured doctor / nurse minifig from the lego store's PAB figs (complete with most comforting star-topped magic wand :laugh:) who accompanies me when I can use a spot of luck. And when not, she resides in the Ravenclaw dorms, presently the only yellow-fig to do so. (I suspect a jinx went wild.) Realistically, she'd probably be a Hufflepuff, but... I'm not sure if I'll count the upcoming trunk as properly rectifying that shortcoming or not. And of course now I'm eagerly anticipating a Madam Pomfrey of my own. (Side note, how long before they make a proper mask piece do you reckon?)

Very sorry for your loss. 

Don't get me wrong, I was very much in favour of the restrictions, not in the least because it protected the (non-lego) nurses and doctors we all rely upon. I'm just also aware it makes things that are already difficult, like surgeries and convalescences, more so. As problems go, that at least is somewhat addressable simply by recognising it. 

As for completionism, someone here had made a remark that stuck with me, that if a set didn't give you that spark of joy, it might be better to give it a pass. That struck me as a great way to approach it. Presently I'm passing on the Chess Set, and for the same shelf space I'm eyeing the new Hotel with the cab GWP instead. (The cab is *very* cute.) And I think the space consideration has bolstered the Moment sets' ranking in my esteem as well. 

25 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Hard to imagine this will be the fifth year of sets. 

It’s crazy to think about. I still vividly remember when we heard the first rumours about the theme returning in late 2017, and how much I dreaded it because I was living in my parents’ place at the time and was critically running out of shelf space in my room :laugh_hard: Seeing the first pictures during NYTF made it worse because of how good the Great Hall looked. Luckily, I then moved out a month or so before the first wave of sets hit :classic: Hadn‘t I moved out, I would definitely have run out of space after the first wave :snicker: Heck, I don’t think I could have displayed even half of that wave if you include the D2C 

And now, 4 years later, the theme is still going strong (and I have space for another two to three years :devil:). Pretty impressive when compared to the 2010/11 run 

29 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Unclear, tbh. :shrug_confused: I'll definitely need more surgery, but it can be postponed until the hospital capacity situation is less volatile. The bigger issue, as for too many others I imagine, seems to be proper risk assessment for overall treatment under uncertain conditions, but then we can't change that either so there's really little point whinging. Like you, I just try to avoid stationary treatment where possible. I do however now have a very good natured doctor / nurse minifig from the lego store's PAB figs (complete with most comforting star-topped magic wand :laugh:) who accompanies me when I can use a spot of luck. And when not, she resides in the Ravenclaw dorms, presently the only yellow-fig to do so. (I suspect a jinx went wild.) Realistically, she'd probably be a Hufflepuff, but... I'm not sure if I'll count the upcoming trunk as properly rectifying that shortcoming or not. And of course now I'm eagerly anticipating a Madam Pomfrey of my own. (Side note, how long before they make a proper mask piece do you reckon?)

Very sorry for your loss. 

Don't get me wrong, I was very much in favour of the restrictions, not in the least because it protected the (non-lego) nurses and doctors we all rely upon. I'm just also aware it makes things that are already difficult, like surgeries and convalescences, more so. As problems go, that at least is somewhat addressable simply by recognising it. 

As for completionism, someone here had made a remark that stuck with me, that if a set didn't give you that spark of joy, it might be better to give it a pass. That struck me as a great way to approach it. Presently I'm passing on the Chess Set, and for the same shelf space I'm eyeing the new Hotel with the cab GWP instead. (The cab is *very* cute.) And I think the space consideration has bolstered the Moment sets' ranking in my esteem as well. 

Thank you. :) I can tell you clearly know your way around the hospital system and you've got it bang on about the overall treatment. I also totally get how restrictions make things harder and like you said it is a juggling act. I'm also aware that we cannot continue to act in this manner in the long term and I hope the situation will become less volatile soon so your treatment can properly resume. 😘 

Haha you're imagination is great. She can be a Ravenclaw; Pomfrey can look after the Hufflepuff's.

The trouble with the sets, is that they all spark joy (I mean, they're HP 😂), but it's just some spark a sparkler and others a full firework. I'm going to just stick to the fireworks and appreciate the sparklers from their images. The trunk for instance will only be purchased if it makes sense money wise to get it for the figs and prints, but then the build will be sold on if that's the case. It's sweet and all, but not my thing overall. The chess set actually got me to play chess so that one is staying, but I display it with the figures so it makes it look like the movie scene. Those figs are very cute. The footprint could be use more wisely though admittedly if there is a space shortage. I saw that promo image this morning and it looks like it will go very nicely with the Hotel aesthetic. The bumper reminds me of Cruella de vil, it just needs to be a bit more elongated.

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s crazy to think about. I still vividly remember when we heard the first rumours about the theme returning in late 2017, and how much I dreaded it because I was living in my parents’ place at the time and was critically running out of shelf space in my room :laugh_hard: Seeing the first pictures during NYTF made it worse because of how good the Great Hall looked. Luckily, I then moved out a month or so before the first wave of sets hit :classic: Hadn‘t I moved out, I would definitely have run out of space after the first wave :snicker: Heck, I don’t think I could have displayed even half of that wave if you include the D2C 

And now, 4 years later, the theme is still going strong (and I have space for another two to three years :devil:). Pretty impressive when compared to the 2010/11 run 

I remember the Great Hall toy fair reveal and a CMF list that was ultimately fake, but had baby Harry and being so super excited. I don't know how I lived without the theme now, but when I came out of my dark ages in 2015 I went all in on Star Wars figures so that focused my attention. Haha I still live with parents so the space struggle is real. They have graciously allowed me to have glass cabinets in the dining room.

Edited by BacktoBricks

46 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Promobricks announced the 2021 sets on Saturday February 6th last year.

Aw drat. I know two weeks will fly by, but that just seems like a long time right now. :laugh_hard:

Neither leaks nor official reveals are tied to any specific dates though :shrug_oh_well: There's nothing suggesting they can't drop the list tomorrow for instance

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Neither leaks nor official reveals are tied to any specific dates though :shrug_oh_well: There's nothing suggesting they can't drop the list tomorrow for instance

Stop getting our hopes up. :tongue:

As far as completionism & the space question goes, lego has radically changed some of their approach in the past couple of years, most notably around the HP and Star Wars lines. The nano-scale Hogwarts was the second largest set by piece count at the time of its release, and Diagon Alley the fourth largest. Only a year and a half after DA's release, they are now 5th and 7th largest respectively. That's a drastic shift in the size of the sets produced in recent years. (It's probably also very telling of how they view the HP theme that they awarded two such coveted spots to a theme that only a short time before had been retired.) So maybe instead of the sprawl of the 2018+ castle, the thinking was AFOLs spend roughly the same amount on the more condensed nano-scale build and / or the even further reduced DA footprint and that those of us with budgetary or space constraints pick and choose amongst the sets. At least viewing it that way makes it easier to accept when they don't seem to be meant to appeal anything like equally to the same consumer. :laugh: I'm happy for Hogwarts trunks if it just keeps the sets coming...  

Thanks, @BacktoBricks:wub:

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Stop getting our hopes up. :tongue:

Maybe I‘m indeed a bit too optimistic here, but promobricks seem to have access to a retailer catalogue (how else would they be able to provide these descriptions), so it‘s not that far-fetched :laugh:

Of course, HP is not the only theme left, so we shall see…

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Alright, I’m making my final predictions:

20$, 121 piece set: Second Task—probably kind of a generic build similar to that JL Aquaman one—Harry, Ron, Shark Krum, a Merperson, and maybe a Grindylow?

50$, 345 piece set: First Task: Half molded, half brickbuilt horntail with stands—Harry, Cedric, Fleur, Rita Skeeter? 
On the other hand, I’d say this could just as easily be a Quidditch pitch or Hagrid’s hut remake

80$, 654 piece set: Durmstrang ship—bad ppp in this theme usually just means big molds—Karkaroff, Krum, Durmstrang student, Hermionie

100$, 990 piece set: Betting this one’s something weird since we’ve got the 90 and 120 ones specifically labeled as play set, this one’s gotta be different from the regular set numbers in some way. I’m guessing a SoD set, a Hogwarts express, or maybe a display piece?

90$, 777 piece play set: Shrieking Shack—Zonko’s and the Shrieking Shack—Harry, Ron, Hermionie, Lupin, Sirius, Pettigrew, Dementor, and Patronus—it’s a weird ppp, and having a lot of characters and a Patronus, along with possibly a werewolf head could justify that.

120$, unknown piece play set: I know we have the clock tower already, but Lego puts out a large Hogwarts expansion every year, so my money is on an expansion largely focused around a DAtDA class, perhaps with a Divination side room—Lupin, Neville, Harry, Malfoy, Ron, Hermionie, Bogart Snape

Brick Built Creature: Niffler—I’d say there’s a reasonable chance this is the only SoD set we get, at least for now.

D2C: It would be really weird for them to make another D2C Hogwarts while ones already on the market, so I feel like this has to be Gringotts and a DA extension, probably Gringotts, Borgin and Burkes, the Leaky Cauldron, and one more KA building—Harry, Ron, Hermionie, that dude who runs the Leaky Cauldron, Borgin, a couple goblins, Malfoy and Malfoy, another shopkeeper for KA, Fenrir Greyback, Belatrix, Arthur Weasley, and probably a couple more…

Advent Calendar Theme: I mean we should be on Grimmauld place now, but since that hasn’t actually had a set yet, I think they may end up doing the Burrow: Harry, Ron, Ginny, Mollie, Arthur, and either Fred or George

Actually, I’d bet most of these are wrong, but I’m sticking with them for now.

12 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I really hope it's today. I'm having an operation tomorrow and it would be cool to know beforehand, something to think about and keep my mind off things.

Good luck with it. Hope that it goes well and that you recover quickly.

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

As far as completionism & the space question goes, lego has radically changed some of their approach in the past couple of years, most notably around the HP and Star Wars lines. The nano-scale Hogwarts was the second largest set by piece count at the time of its release, and Diagon Alley the fourth largest. Only a year and a half after DA's release, they are now 5th and 7th largest respectively. That's a drastic shift in the size of the sets produced in recent years. (It's probably also very telling of how they view the HP theme that they awarded two such coveted spots to a theme that only a short time before had been retired.) So maybe instead of the sprawl of the 2018+ castle, the thinking was AFOLs spend roughly the same amount on the more condensed nano-scale build and / or the even further reduced DA footprint and that those of us with budgetary or space constraints pick and choose amongst the sets. At least viewing it that way makes it easier to accept when they don't seem to be meant to appeal anything like equally to the same consumer. :laugh: I'm happy for Hogwarts trunks if it just keeps the sets coming...  

Thanks, @BacktoBricks:wub:

For many adults the idea of having something cool to display, combined with a nostalgia for LEGO, but also a lack of space, means you need to go taller and more substantial than traditional playsets. I wonder if having something to fill a Zoom background is also a driver.

Plus, for many adults looking at stuff like this, the difference between $50 and $100 or $200 isn't that big. So LEGO chooses to maximize revenue and generate more PR from funky sets. (Clearly many struggle with even $20, but, sadly, LEGO isn't really targeting them and it's probably not what they would consider buying anyway).

I'm with you. Happy not to be a completionist and pick the things I like, but pleased for others who enjoy the variety.

If Lego makes a Hogwarts expansion then it will be for the 2021 sets, the 2018-2020 ones seem to be over. I hope they do one based on Dumbledore's death, but maybe it's too dark...then again they made sets that depicted Anakin burning alive so they really don't have any excuse. 

10 minutes ago, Mr No said:

If Lego makes a Hogwarts expansion then it will be for the 2021 sets, the 2018-2020 ones seem to be over. I hope they do one based on Dumbledore's death, but maybe it's too dark...then again they made sets that depicted Anakin burning alive so they really don't have any excuse. 

They already did the Astronomy Tower two years ago, so it‘s a bit early for a remake :laugh: And there‘s no ‚maybe‘ about Dumbledore‘s death being too dark :tongue: If they shy away from DH this much, why would they even remotely consider something on that level?

Anakin getting deep-fried is dark too, but not on the same level as a death scene like that. That would make for quite a funny set description though („activate the green light brick and push the lever to send Dumbledore to his death!“)

A green light brick would be dope though, we need colours other than orange and red :laugh_hard:

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

(„activate the green light brick and push the lever to send Dumbledore to his death!“)

See? Now I want to buy this! :laugh:

We get James Bond now, maybe they can do Deathly Hallows, dunno, The Batman is said to be super dark even with PG13 rating and Lego still makes sets. I just don't get it why they shy away from dark stuff from HP. 

2 minutes ago, Mr No said:

See? Now I want to buy this! :laugh:

We get James Bond now, maybe they can do Deathly Hallows, dunno, The Batman is said to be super dark even with PG13 rating and Lego still makes sets. I just don't get it why they shy away from dark stuff from HP. 

All I can think of is that they want to hit a slightly younger demographic with their HP sets. Thinking on last year with no references at hand, pretty much all I remember is sets with younger students, all based around the magic of the castle, the various lessons etc. Perhaps this is the direction they want to keep Harry Potter going in, for the most part. 

I think the last truly dark set we got was the rise of voldemort and that was a while ago. The villains rarely show up in sets.

It is frustrating that they'll go darker with their other themes, but it's clearly what they're trying to achieve :( I don't hold much hope for this year being any different.

4 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Thinking on last year with no references at hand, pretty much all I remember is sets with younger students, all based around the magic of the castle, the various lessons etc.

Besides Hogsmeade, based on the film/scene where Harry overhears how Sirius sold out his friends and murdered Peter Pettigrew.

And I mean, the Chamber of Secrets itself is pretty darn dark. Writing in blood. Massive horrific snake. Murderous guy from the past.

39 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Besides Hogsmeade, based on the film/scene where Harry overhears how Sirius sold out his friends and murdered Peter Pettigrew.

And I mean, the Chamber of Secrets itself is pretty darn dark. Writing in blood. Massive horrific snake. Murderous guy from the past.

Hogsmeade as a set boils down to being a couple of shops with a wintery theme. The scene in question isn't scary, and probably won't come to mind to casual fans. They'll probably remember how picturesque Hogsmeade is and associate that feeling with the set.

Yeah I'll give you the Chamber of Secrets. I'm just saying on the whole, the theme has been shying away from darker sections of the story. I just think the evidence is there that Lego have a demographic in mind and they're sticking to it.

Here’s my predictions for this summer sets:

76400 - 121 p 20 $ - Draco’s Buckbeak encounter - it has a very similar piece and price count to expecto patronum, so i imagine it would come with some trees, 3 figures( Harry, Draco & Hagrid) and the same buckbeak mold from Hagrids Hut. (My other prediction would be a Fantastic Beasts set)

76401 - 345p 50$ - The First Task - the 2019 first task was the set from the 2018-2019 that i remember being most criticized (for obvious reasons) so i could definetly see Lego remaking it, and trying to get more money out of this scene. The fact that the price per piece ratio is so bad for this set (comparing it with this years Hospital wing that is also 50$ and has 500 pieces) i would bet on new molded pieces for the horntail (with other parts being brickbuilt) and some rock foundations (oposing the 2019 tent). minifigures: Harry, Dumbledore (or other teacher), Rita Skeeter (besides the cabinet scene, the first task is the other scene where she has the most screentime) and Barty Crouch Sr. (This 2 figures would alone make a lot of people double dip on this set). Also every year we get a brickbuilt creature: 2018 - aragog, 2019 - dragon, 2020- grawp, 2021 - fluffy, so i could really see them remaking this set. Again another prediction would be a FB set.

76402- 654 pieces 80$ - shrieking shack- another weird price per piece ratio. Minifigures: HP, HG, RW, Sirius, Lupin, Pettigrew, werewolf mould and maybe a proper Padfoot and crookshanks mold(please lego!)

76403 - 990 pieces 100$ - Hogwarts Castle: either based on Goblet of Fire - with the choosing cerimony on the ground floor, Dumbledore’s office in the top floors and maybe an owlery: or PoA - boggart scene+ divination+ gryffindor common room or the dark tower with sirius escaping

76046 - niffler

76407 -777 pieces same predictions as 76403

120$ set- hogwarts Black Lake (ship+ second task) while i wasnt a fan of this a idea, a couple of years ago when the idea to release this two scenes together was first talked about in this forum, now i feel like this is the best choice considering that the Durmstrung ship has to be of considerable size and the minifigure selection for itself is quite poor. So, similar price set to last years chamber of secrets (which had 11 minifigures, the new pixie mold and the basilisk head mold) minifigures: the 4 champions, the 4 treasures, karkaroff, random durmstrung student (perheaps) merpeople, and small grindillows simillar to last years pixies.

Edited by PotDoc

If the buildable creature were a flapping Buckbeak, scalewise, how do you suppose it would compare to the gargantuan Harry fig? (That was supposed to be the $50 set.)

I also seem to recall seeing talk that there were two sets designated as "play sets", but could only confirm that for 76407 / 777 pieces / $90. Does anyone know if there was a second, and if so, which one?

35 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I also seem to recall seeing talk that there were two sets designated as "play sets", but could only confirm that for 76407 / 777 pieces / $90. Does anyone know if there was a second, and if so, which one?

JJPSiteLeaks is a generally reliable leak compiler and he has it as 76408, or the 120$ dollar set.

I understand the logic behind people putting the Durmstrang Ship with the Second Task, but I personally don't think it will happen because A. Durmstrang Ship is relatively obscure and I can see it being a retailer exclusive i.e. Beauxbatons Carriage and B. Second Task is one of the most expensive sets on the after-market that hasn't been remade yet (alongside Shrieking Shack). So instead I imagine either they will do a Hogwarts: Second Task set (in the style of Hogwarts: Chamber of Secrets) which allows them to include 8-10 minifigs and a small Hogwarts side-build, or just make a small $18 set and then maybe try and include the missing champions in a future CMF or remake. I personally would prefer the former. I just really hope we get a new face print for Victor this year because that existing reuse is shocking.

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

If the buildable creature were a flapping Buckbeak, scalewise, how do you suppose it would compare to the gargantuan Harry fig? (That was supposed to be the $50 set.)

I think they originally said, of the three retailer exclusives, one was a buildable creature (76406) and the other two were playsets (76407-8) to stem assumptions that they would be more "experimental" like last year. I personally believe the Durmstrang Ship will be one of the retail exclusive playsets as I can see it having a smaller quantity produced. So that means we have four regular sets as well, but I guess one of them could be more "experimental" (like a buildable Ron?). 

I'd personally really like a buildable Buckbeak, and I could see the $10 price increase (compared to Hedwig and Fawkes) covering the inclusion of the big molded Buckbeak from 2019 and a slightly higher brick-count. I could see him being around the same size as Fawkes and Hedwig, but instead of being on a stand, those bricks would be used for his legs. I would also like a Niffler, though, so I personally don't mind which.