Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Not really when you realize they released Privet Drive set during OotP/HBP year :D

Exactly. Or a PoA set in both PS/CoS-centric years :tongue:

They may even throw us a curveball and release sets based on all six HP movies. Too bad the series ended after HBP, kind of a weak conclusion :snicker:

54 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Not really when you realize they released Privet Drive set during OotP/HBP year :D

But like the Great Hall, Privet Drive is relevant every year / film (except DH2 for PD). Sure a few details from the set are PS / CoS related (the envelopes and owl, the room under the stair to re-create the first year, the upstairs room with barred window, floating cake and Dobby and the Anglia rescue from second year) but the lion's share of the build is unchanged throughout the years. For example, at this point we should have enough Harrys and the CMF figs to stage an (extremely one-sided) Battle of the Seven Potters if we like, or the farewell scenes with the Dursleys. The only significant thing missing at this point is Hagrid's / Sirius' motorcycle to re-creating Harry's arrival at and leaving of Privet Drive. PD just is not a PS / CoS set in the same way a thing like the Knight Bus is that literally has no appearances outside of a single film (PoA).  

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

to stage an (extremely one-sided) Battle of the Seven Potters 

It couldn‘t be any more one-sided if they tried, since the only suitable minifig we have on Voldy‘s side is the man himself :laugh_hard: I know Snape was there in the book, but we didn‘t see him so it doesn‘t count.

That reminds me: How come we STILL don‘t have proper Death Eaters in year 5? *huh* Imagine if this was the case in any other licensed theme with Stormtroopers, Goombas, Minecraft Zombies, Chitauri, or Velociraptors being absent for 4+ years.

And don‘t tell me that KKK-looking megablock is a good replacement, he isn‘t :tongue: That design is nowhere near as good as the one from OotP onwards. I‘m glad we got him for the sake of completion, but that‘s about it.

Oh, and the dummy from the RoR set doesn‘t count either :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I saw some people talking about Order of the Phoenix and onwards for sets, so far we've had Umbridge's Encounter, Room of Requirement, the Astronomy Tower and Student Accessory Pack. (so none from 7 yet)

So in the future I'm hoping for stuff like:

- A big Ministry of Magic set

- A smaller Ministry of Magic set (like a mini add on that can also stand on its own like more of the room of prophecies or something)

- Either a 12 Grimmauld Place set or the next calendar to be set around Christmas there

- Knowing Lego they're probably remake the Astronomy Tower, like they did the clocktower. Could provide some more potions rooms though

- Either a quidditch student pack or a little quidditch training set. Then we can get one or two of: Katie Bell, Cormac McClaggen, Ginny or Ron in Quidditch robes. I'd also like to see a fig for Blaise Zabini who features in HBP a fair bit (potions, Slug Club & gets thrashed by Ginny in Quidditch)

- Very long shot but I'd love a small display build of the crystal looking island in the cave scene with Harry & Dumbledor stood around the evil font.

- And then something, anything from Deathly Hallows: Bill & Fleur's wedding, Ukrainian Ironbelly, the Hog's Head, Battle of Hogwarts, Hogwarts Boathouse etc.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

- And then something, anything from Deathly Hallows: Bill & Fleur's wedding, Ukrainian Ironbelly, the Hog's Head, Battle of Hogwarts, Hogwarts Boathouse etc.

I reckon the boathouse is probably a good bet for a set in the near future. And as a bonus, it would probably fit  in with the 2018-2020 hogwarts too!

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It couldn‘t be any more one-sided if they tried, since the only suitable minifig we have on Voldy‘s side is the man himself :laugh_hard: I know Snape was there in the book, but we didn‘t see him so it doesn‘t count.

That reminds me: How come we STILL don‘t have proper Death Eaters in year 5? *huh* Imagine if this was the case in any other licensed theme with Stormtroopers, Goombas, Minecraft Zombies, Chitauri, or Velociraptors being absent for 4+ years.

And don‘t tell me that KKK-looking megablock is a good replacement, he isn‘t :tongue: That design is nowhere near as good as the one from OotP onwards. I‘m glad we got him for the sake of completion, but that‘s about it.

Oh, and the dummy from the RoR set doesn‘t count either :laugh:

In addition to Voldy (and nominally Snape), we've got Lucius, Bellatrix, Pettigrew, Crouch Jr. and Greyback. Oh, and Draco, too, for that matter. But I agree we could use more. And Narcissa too while we're at it. I keep hoping we'll get an Accessory Pack we can mix and match to make more of them, with luck maybe 12-16 variations.

I do kind of like the Klan DE, but admittedly he isn't great for a broom fight. :tongue:

I’ve been following the discussion and finally signed up to join the conversation...Hopefully we get an announcement with set names soon. I’m hoping sets this year cover films 3-7 since we are now beyond their original 3 year plan. My preditctions are heavily based on what I’m hoping for, so if we get a few of these, I’ll be happy.The piece count to price ratio of several sets suggests a molded piece, but I don’t think there would be that many. Ten points to inflation.

- 76400 $19.99 121 pcs.

Bill/Fleur Wedding with Bill, Fleur, Xenophilius Lovegood and a Patronus.

- 76401 $49.99 345 pcs.

Second Task Remake perhaps with all the ‘hostages’ and merpeople

- 76402 $79.99 654 pcs.

A Fantastics Beasts Hogwarts set

- 76403 $99.99 990 pcs.

Grimmauld Place with order members, Kreacher and the Horcrux Locket

- 76404 $44.99 344 pcs.

Rumored to be Advent Calendar. I think so, and hope it will be Weasley’s Christmas themed at Grimmauld Place (unless they do a Grimmauld Place Playset)

- 76405 $469.99 D2C

I’ve thought about this a lot and my best guess is a large, motorized Hogwarts Express with each car a scene from a different movie and the platform being the last scene with heirs and older versions. Of course, I’m not ruling out a Sorting hat and Nimbus 2000 icon set.

I can’t see myself paying $500+ after taxes on a set, but maybe they will change my mind?

- 76406 $49.99 671 pcs. Buildable Creature

I really hope to get a Niffler surrounded by gold. It seems to be a popular opinion/guess and I think it would sell well to all ages.

- 76407 $89.99 777 pcs. Playset

Ministry of Magic including Department of Mysteries and Dumbledore/Dark Lord battle.

-76408 $119.99 Playset

Shrieking Shack and Zonko’s with the Marauders, Snape and trio

I also hope we get a Minifigure 4 pack this year. I haven’t heard anything so far, but I would love the Hogwarts ghosts pack (all glow in the dark). They could include Peeves instead of Nick since he is in the CoS set.

Cheers :sweet:

Edited by Slytherin Alumni

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

In addition to Voldy (and nominally Snape), we've got Lucius, Bellatrix, Pettigrew, Crouch Jr. and Greyback. Oh, and Draco, too, for that matter.

I meant generic masked Death Eaters (and Greyback technically isn’t one in any case) :tongue: And we can add Macnair to the list of named ones too.

I’m very happy with the named villains and hench(wo)men we got, there’s actually not too much left in that category. I don’t really need Dolohov or the Carrows for instance, but Yaxley or Thicknesse would be neat additions :shrug_oh_well: What we do need however are generic masked ones to represent two of the best battles in the series (the Battle at the Department of Mysteries and the Battle of the Seven Potters)

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No idea about those other themes, but for Star Wars:

2 years before we got a Stormtrooper

3 years before we got a Droideka and Imp officer 

4 years before we got a Snowtrooper 

And so on and so on for all the scum and villains in the Star Wars universe. 

I'm sure we'll get Darth Eaters in due course, what I'd like is there to be a bajillion variants of mask and torso print... which won't happen 😁

You know, would there be any chances a Hogwarts set would be based on Secrets of Dumbledore? 

21 hours ago, Mr No said:

So, any predictions on what the sets will be? I think Half Blood Prince wasn't covered and neither was Order of Phoenix, will they cover those or too dark? 

While I expect the 2022 range to the year 3+4 focused, the cheapest set I strongly believe is a forest set with a ‘horse’ of sorts; Detention encounter with Voldemort from PS with a new unicorn. 
The other alternative is a remake of Buckbeak lesson with Draco but the figures would be mostly repeats of what we have had before 

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

No idea about those other themes, but for Star Wars:

Huh, completely forgot it took us this long to get Snowtroopers :blush: At least Scout Troopers and B-1 Battle Droids were there from the very beginning :tongue:

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I'm sure we'll get Darth Eaters in due course, what I'd like is there to be a bajillion variants of mask and torso print... which won't happen 

I‘d be happy with at least two variations. More is probably too much to ask for

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

You know, would there be any chances a Hogwarts set would be based on Secrets of Dumbledore? 

Somewhere in the spectrum between veeeeeery slim and non-existent I would say :laugh:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I meant generic masked Death Eaters (and Greyback technically isn’t one in any case) :tongue: And we can add Macnair to the list of named ones too.

I’m very happy with the named villains and hench(wo)men we got, there’s actually not too much left in that category. I don’t really need Dolohov or the Carrows for instance, but Yaxley or Thicknesse would be neat additions :shrug_oh_well: What we do need however are generic masked ones to represent two of the best battles in the series (the Battle at the Department of Mysteries and the Battle of the Seven Potters)

Now that I think about it, wasn't Stan Shunpike under an Imperius and he flew with them in the BotSP?

Honestly, I'd love most of the named Death Eaters. And I really hope they include Scabiour, I found him well menacing. He left a bigger impression on me than most of them did.

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

I'm sure we'll get Darth Eaters in due course, what I'd like is there to be a bajillion variants of mask and torso print... which won't happen 

I'm greedy. Four masks, four torsos, maybe a printed skirt or two, and hood or two, pointy hat, maybe a couple of hair pieces (or were there other good hat pieces?), and my Death Eater Army could be realised. Really I'm not asking for much at all. Put them in an Accessory Pack and I'll buy several.  

3 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

While I expect the 2022 range to the year 3+4 focused, the cheapest set I strongly believe is a forest set with a ‘horse’ of sorts; Detention encounter with Voldemort from PS with a new unicorn. 
The other alternative is a remake of Buckbeak lesson with Draco but the figures would be mostly repeats of what we have had before 

The rescue scene with Buckbeak and Sirius could be part of a castle set. Perhaps with Lupin's DADA classroom, Boggart cupboard, and the Snape Boggart, which at present is the only thing they haven't repeated from the minifig 4 pack. Frankly I'd like either that and Neville, or the jack in the box clown and one of the twins, both of which seem likely given lego's current character preferences.

I'd really love Voldemort with his Drinkingstraw of Doom (he's evil enough, it's probably plastic :hmpf_bad:) and a unicorn, but given that scene is one of the only chances I think we'll see Fang, I can't see it being the $20 one, or else having all the things I'd want in it. Unless they included Fang in a new Hagrid's hut version... Hmm...

Hi, @Slytherin Alumni, welcome to the forum. :classic: I'm not sure how likely it is we'll see such a range of films covered in one year, but I'd hope we see most of those eventually. I'd really love a ghosts pack, but I was just re-listening to an interview from May where they poo pooed the notion of re-releasing Peeves. We can hope, though. He appears in other formats. Then again, their deal is apparently with Universal. Which of those sets would you most like to see?

Edited by krimimimi

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Honestly, I'd love most of the named Death Eaters. And I really hope they include Scabiour, I found him well menacing. He left a bigger impression on me than most of them did.

Scabior is more Snatcher than a true Death Eater, but minor point. Of the named ones, I'd love to get him and Yaxley. People say the tent is boring but a transforming magical tent that can be condensed down small and then opened up big would be a lot of fun. Perfect set for Scabior.

Really a Ministry Heist set of any size would also be so excellent - could include the trio in their polyjuice disguises, plus at least Yaxley. Depending on size, could have both a floo network fireplace and part of Umbridge's office.

Ah well, probably will never happen.

24 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Ah well, probably will never happen.

Speaking of, does anyone have the link where they said we could make requests? I got the feeling the designers wouldn't mind doing some of the sets we'd like to see, but they're kind of stuck sometimes wrt Universal. That maybe suggestions might help them plead their cases?

28 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

[…] but they're kind of stuck sometimes wrt Universal.

Don’t you mean WB? :tongue:

Sure, the design team can‘t just do whatever they want without approval from WB, but they do have veto powers. After all, the SW designers got their way with Krennic‘s Shuttle, so the HP team could surely release a specific set too if they push for it

I really don't think it's WB telling them NOT to do Deathly Hallows. I think this comes from LEGO themselves and WB doesn't care to push them in any direction. There's plenty of HP merchandise at large covering all 7 (/8) instalments.

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Speaking of, does anyone have the link where they said we could make requests? I got the feeling the designers wouldn't mind doing some of the sets we'd like to see, but they're kind of stuck sometimes wrt Universal. That maybe suggestions might help them plead their cases?

This page? https://survey.medallia.com/legoproduct 

or do you mean the article where it was mentioned? I don't have thát one.

6 hours ago, Mr No said:

Hmmm, nah. There is a very slim chance for sure. 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I really don't think it's WB telling them NOT to do Deathly Hallows. I think this comes from LEGO themselves and WB doesn't care to push them in any direction. There's plenty of HP merchandise at large covering all 7 (/8) instalments.

This.

5 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Then again, their deal is apparently with Universal.

Don't you mean Warner Bros?

I think people bring up Universal because of the Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios

9 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I think people bring up Universal because of the Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios

Yeah, that appears to be the source of confusion. The films were made by WB, the streaming rights are with Amazon I think (if so, top-notch planning, guys) and the theme park attraction is at Universal :tongue:

5 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Put them in an Accessory Pack and I'll buy several.

At this point, I‘d gladly take a Death Eater accessory pack as our only representation for any of the bigger battles :shrug_oh_well: Don’t get we wrong, most if not all of them would make for great sets, but since TLG apparently refuse to tackle them in favour of more whimsical sets, I‘d accept that as an approximation

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

Correct, I conflate things upon occasion, and megacorps all look alike from where I'm sat. Thanks for clearing it up. :wub:

@mark1991t, thanks for the link, that seems to be the entry for a contest, however? The designers had suggested that fans submit suggestions for sets they'd like to see... somewhere, I'm just at a loss for the where.  

5 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

The designers had suggested that fans submit suggestions for sets they'd like to see... somewhere, I'm just at a loss for the where.  

Lambasting their social media platforms with annoying hashtags, perhaps? :tongue: That seems to have worked for the 501st Clone Trooper set :shrug_oh_well:

…please don‘t actually do that :snicker:

24 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

The designers had suggested that fans submit suggestions for sets they'd like to see... somewhere, I'm just at a loss for the where.  

Pretty sure they were referring to the set feedback page.