Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

“Experimental” and “unexpected” are not the same thing though :tongue: Sure, not many expected a microscale Hogwarts, but it wasn’t experimental because they’ve done it multiple times before that and after. It’s an established scale for huge things. 

And there was absolutely nothing experimental about DA :grin:

The Icons Collection however was experimental, since they’ve never done a collection of items as a D2C set before

Maybe unexpected is a better word then, you expect a new DA so prepare to be surprised by something unexpected :devil_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe unexpected is a better word then, you expect a new DA so prepare to be surprised by something unexpected :devil_laugh:

1d3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

For that reason I'm thinking if they did DA again, they'd once again do it without Gringotts and make that a more affordable stand alone set in a year or two. 

As much as I would love to get Gringotts asap I have to agree this is a much better approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

For that reason I'm thinking if they did DA again, they'd once again do it without Gringotts and make that a more affordable stand alone set in a year or two. People have proven they'd buy the set without Gringotts, and we wouldn't necessarily need the first DA set either, unlike with part 2 of the nanoscale Hogwarts.

I am not sure LEGO would consider another Diagon Alley set without Gringotts. The most iconic remaining buildings that could he included would be The Leaky Cauldron and Borgin & Burkes. While I would love to get those in LEGO form, they are both kind of plain dingy buildings. I don't think either (or both) are visually interesting enough to anchor another Diagon Alley in the hundreds of dollars. Of course they can also include some more interesting buildings that aren't visited in the films, but it would be odd to have visual selling point of another Diagon Alley set be based around unfamiliar stores.

I think our best shot of seeing The Leaky Cauldron or any other more Diagon Alley modules released is if they are packaged with Gringotts. Plus, I would expect LEGO sees that Gringotts is one of the most anticipated remaining HP sets, and they have the opportunity to up the price by including extra buildings with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, droobles said:

I would expect LEGO sees that Gringotts is one of the most anticipated remaining HP sets, and they have the opportunity to up the price by including extra buildings with it

This is an excellent point. And I am fine with it, in this instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still hoping they’ll break down the DA set into four individual sets at some point… (basically a reversal of their 3 in 1 type packs) then a stand alone Gringotts would also make sense!

And you’d have hoped that if DA sold well (which I think it did) then Lego would be considering individual add-on sets (with one building at a time). That would certainly be a welcome concept I would have thought 

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

And you’d have hoped that if DA sold well (which I think it did) then Lego would be considering individual add-on sets (with one building at a time). That would certainly be a welcome concept I would have thought 

Do you really want one of the coveted $100 spots to go to a random DA shop every year? :tongue: Also, not every shop would work as an individual set. I‘d say a $100 Burrow, Astronomy Tower, Shrieking Shack, Grimmauld Place, or Ministery of Magic set all have infinitely more appeal than a $100 Madame Malkin‘s, which we‘ve never even seen the interior of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Do you really want one of the coveted $100 spots to go to a random DA shop every year? :tongue: Also, not every shop would work as an individual set. I‘d say a $100 Burrow, Astronomy Tower, Shrieking Shack, Grimmauld Place, or Ministery of Magic set all have infinitely more appeal than a $100 Madame Malkin‘s, which we‘ve never even seen the interior of.

Well I guess we all have different preferences… Personally I’d rather have one-off buildings to complete DA than unappealing Hogwarts extensions or remakes of previous sets. But that’s just me. I certainly think there’s plenty to chose from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2022 at 8:22 PM, krimimimi said:

@lego_guyon02 thanks for the differentiated reply. I agree the main problem with just wishing for minifigs is whether or not they'll do another HP CMF series, and if they stuck with the 12 fig format, FB would probably get short shrift. :sceptic:

For that reason I'm thinking if they did DA again, they'd once again do it without Gringotts and make that a more affordable stand alone set in a year or two. People have proven they'd buy the set without Gringotts, and we wouldn't necessarily need the first DA set either, unlike with part 2 of the nanoscale Hogwarts. Splitting either around an eventual Gringotts would still give us a decent street view. As for price, it might be more expensive because prices in general have increased, and because the Leaky would need the extra wall portion / entrance to DA. 

Also, my wallet, like yours, hopes that they wouldn't put such a key build in such an expensive set. :wink:

My wallet hopes that they do something like buildable creatures that I wont be compelled to buy :DDD

Also it hopes that the theme ends soon but I would still like some DH sets

1 hour ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Well I guess we all have different preferences… Personally I’d rather have one-off buildings to complete DA than unappealing Hogwarts extensions or remakes of previous sets. But that’s just me. I certainly think there’s plenty to chose from.

I would always go for new sets instead of remakes especially when some of the sets were so good they dont need a remake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Juve said:

My wallet hopes that they do something like buildable creatures that I wont be compelled to buy :DDD

Also it hopes that the theme ends soon but I would still like some DH sets

That isn't working out so reliably for me. I said much the same thing about the Moment sets, and now love the silly things... :tongue:

You know, once I let go of the feeling I had to have all the sets (not having those Harry and Ron keychains is really making all the difference :laugh:), my wallet came around to embracing the series going evergreen... :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think I remember hearing there's going to be another Advent Calendar right?

My hope is that it'll either be themed around Christmas at the Burrow or 12 Grimmauld Place. Mainly because it would actually be Christmassy unlike the last one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Do you really want one of the coveted $100 spots to go to a random DA shop every year? 

That would be my choice over another part of Hogwarts yes, however since they have not done it yet I do not think it will happen (maybe with the exception of LC) :def_shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That would be my choice over another part of Hogwarts yes, however since they have not done it yet I do not think it will happen (maybe with the exception of LC) :def_shrug:

Sure, us fans would buy those, but is there really mass market appeal for shops that were only on screen for a couple of seconds without any interior scenes or notable characters associated with them? :grin: And what minifigs would you include if this was a yearly thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And what minifigs would you include if this was a yearly thing? 

The "civilians" ones from the movies :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The "civilians" ones from the movies :wink:

You would buy a set for $100 with 5 to 6 unnamed random civilians? :tongue: You do you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

So I think I remember hearing there's going to be another Advent Calendar right?

My hope is that it'll either be themed around Christmas at the Burrow or 12 Grimmauld Place. Mainly because it would actually be Christmassy unlike the last one. 

Promobricks were the ones who supplied us with the initial set / price list and they said they guessed that one of those sets would be an AC. They neither knew for sure there would be one (although it seems not improbable), nor obviously could they know for sure that it was part of that list, but if so, their pick was the most likely, the $45 USD set. Electricbricks has since given us the piece counts for most of the sets except the D2C and the $120 USD sets, fuelling more speculation.

That sounds like it would be a great way to get around a pile up of (somewhat unspectacular) trees, to effectively alternate Christmas years with story years / Accessory Packs. (Although I'm still going to plead for the inclusion of more wreaths in both versions. A little decoration goes a long way.)

 

@Clone OPatra is the Electricbricks piece count information something we consider reliable enough that it could be added to the first page of this topic?

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You would buy a set for $100 with 5 to 6 unnamed random civilians? :tongue: You do you

When I add up what I've spent on my little DA compatible builds, apparently that's just what I'd like to do. :grin: I'm also not sure it would be limited to hardcore fans as purchasers, either, in much the same way off last month's photo streams, lots of folks seem to have integrated Hogsmeade into their Christmas / Winter Village displays. The sets may be less niche than the Knight Bus, as an example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

 

@Clone OPatra is the Electricbricks piece count information something we consider reliable enough that it could be added to the first page of this topic?

Yes, I have been meaning to add it. Will be done soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

The sets may be less niche than the Knight Bus, as an example. 

A set based on a building visible for two phemtoseconds is less niche than a set depicting a vehicle featured in a 5 minute long memorable action sequence from what most people consider to be the best instalment in the entire series, got it :poke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, krimimimi said:

That isn't working out so reliably for me. I said much the same thing about the Moment sets, and now love the silly things... :tongue:

You know, once I let go of the feeling I had to have all the sets (not having those Harry and Ron keychains is really making all the difference :laugh:), my wallet came around to embracing the series going evergreen... :wink:

I feel you, still I always have that urge to get everything :D 

The only sets I probably wont get are the Icons and the buildable harry and hermione they just dont fit into my minifigure scale idea of hogwarts. Thats the reason I didnt get the microscale Hogwarts as amazing as it is

Still not happy about the evergreen stand because you see what is happening to Star Wars. There are way better themes to have as evergreen like castle, pirates, cowboys.

Edited by Juve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the "Diagon Alley" name might be enough to sell people. Personally, I kind of love the idea of annual DA shops similar to what used to happen with Hogwarts or even the Winter Village sets. Putting DA shops side by side has a "gotta catch 'em all" feeling, similar to the modular building line, that Hogwarts doesn't quite get due to the layout of the castle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A set based on a building visible for two phemtoseconds is less niche than a set depicting a vehicle featured in a 5 minute long memorable action sequence from what most people consider to be the best instalment in the entire series, got it :poke:

Actually I think a lot of people would buy something like this since the buildings have this medieval/wizarding/castle vibe. Even for people who dont collect HP I guess they can integrate them in some castle medieval displays. Random wizards are always fun I remember when I was a kid I always preferred these kind of sets with wizards or cowboys or knights than lets say a city set with ordinary people. And for the HP fans obviously it would give them something to look forward to and also integrate in their sets. The whole enjoyment is having different sets that fit together and create one amazing picture otherwise we would all just get the micrsocale hogwarts and be done with it.

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That would be my choice over another part of Hogwarts yes, however since they have not done it yet I do not think it will happen (maybe with the exception of LC) :def_shrug:

That would be amazing since the current style of Hogwarts i do not enjoy.

3 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think the "Diagon Alley" name might be enough to sell people. Personally, I kind of love the idea of annual DA shops similar to what used to happen with Hogwarts or even the Winter Village sets. Putting DA shops side by side has a "gotta catch 'em all" feeling, similar to the modular building line, that Hogwarts doesn't quite get due to the layout of the castle.

That would be a bullsey for Lego. I guess we agree that we are all gotta catch them all kinda people :D

As far as minifigure scale sets go of course. Way better than some stupid reboots or getting a new hogwarts express

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

…I think y‘all are massively overestimating the mass appeal of random crooked background fodder buildings :grin: There‘s a reason they focussed mostly on the well-known shops in the DA set, the ones with actual screentime and plot significance (minus Gringotts of course). Sure, there‘s Scribbulus, Fortescue, and the Daily Prophet office, but those were sprinkled in as seasoning :tongue:

Also, I wouldn‘t be in favour of unimportant DA shops taking set spots that could go to more interesting still missing locations like the Shrieking Shack or the MoM. Instead, I‘d rather they pick two of the remaining shops, include them in a DA expansion alongside Gringotts and be done with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…I think y‘all are massively overestimating the mass appeal of random crooked background fodder buildings :grin: There‘s a reason they focussed mostly on the well-known shops in the DA set, the ones with actual screentime and plot significance (minus Gringotts of course). Sure, there‘s Scribbulus, Fortescue, and the Daily Prophet office, but those were sprinkled in as seasoning :tongue:

Also, I wouldn‘t be in favour of unimportant DA shops taking set spots that could go to more interesting still missing locations like the Shrieking Shack or the MoM. Instead, I‘d rather they pick two of the remaining shops, include them in a DA expansion alongside Gringotts and be done with it

I would prefer the same but If I have to choose between random DA Shops or reboots I will always go with the reboots. I mean they could do Leaky Cauldron, Borgin and Burges, madam malkins.

In an ideal world the 500 set would be gringotts alongside leaky cauldron and other da shops and that would be it. They would also do second task, durmstrang ship, shrieking shack, MoM and Grimmault place and be done with the whole HP franchise besides DH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.