Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Room of Requirement

the minifigs are great although it’s a pity to lose out on Goyle and Ron. Great to get a new House Ghost but I don’t know how they’re going to shoe horn in BB and FF now. The banners would have been ideal. Delighted to finally have Harry in his BoH outfit. 
The Fiendfyre snake is great. Way better than I imagined.

The build is far too open, a common fault with the 2021 style of Hogwarts. Lots of great parts and pieces but it’s difficult to do the room Justice at this size. There could have been a few more Easter eggs though and the vanishing cabinet is sorely missed. Sad to see them go back to the old broom style. I liked the new ones. Diadem needs updating. 

brilliant to see the pixie come back. 

Black Lake.

Clearly a remake of the 2005 set. The above water portion is a bit too small though. 
minifigs are superb but the two champions and loved ones are disappointing. At least we have a sleeping Gabrielle from a few years back. the shark head is cool.

Mermaid and Grindylow are awesome but it would have been nice to get a second of each or at least the Grindylow. 

The boat is random and a waste.

House Banners

the builds are a bit of a step down from Moments imo. I hate anything lenticular. But some great bits and pieces and minifigs. Quidditch jumpers are great but it looks like we will never get a 2018 style Ravenclaw easily. 
Gryffindor. Love the chessboard print. Not going to complain about another Harry but please stop including Neville. Think it’s the weakest of the 4.

Hufflepuff. Cedric as the Q player is understandable. Susan Bones and Hannah Abbott we’ve gotten before but Hufflepuff torsos are always nice to get. A pity there was no cardigan like the other 3. The cup is oversized and could do with some printing. Love the portrait of Newt.

Ravenclaw. Luna with her Spectraspecs AGAIN. Like Neville she’s been done to death. Pity Cho’s alternate face wasn’t her asleep to die in with black lake. Wasted opportunity there. Michael Corner is the highlight. Great to get a new character and a cardigan print. A new book is always welcome too. Another Pixie! Up to 4 now! 

Slytherin. At least both BZ figs this wave are different. Pansy the highlight, again she has a cardigan which is great for variety. Draco in robes a bit of waste. Neville, Draco, Cedric, Luna, and Cho. Please. No more in Hogwarts robes! Nice to get the locket again. 

Oh no, I had only seen the Instagram pictures. But now that I've seen the 360° video on the lego website it completely changed my view on the banner sets. These builds are horrible. Those aren't stickers at all. That's a big cardboard/plastic or something sheet shoved behind the build. More in line with set 4722 than the hogwarts moments books. Come on, a lot of these shapes could easily translate to pieces. The box art would've fooled me. Almost false advertising. At least Sirius his face does in fact appear in the fire place, which is a plus I guess, but meh. No longer a set I want to get multiples of.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Just woke up. Saw Holly On Film's video on the sets.

And I really like them. I haven't been this interested in the HP sets for a while.

The Room of Requirement: It's alright. I thought it'd be more like the last one, but I don't mind the castle exterior. The interior is a little empty as a result though. I like the fiendfyre design. And getting Blaise Zabini & Helena Ravenclaw is awesome.

The Black Lake: I like how they've done this. The stand is nicely detailed, the archway has some really cool colours on it. The merperson looks awesome, Krum and Harry are cool too. Weird how they didn't add Gabrielle Delacour (as we had a sleeping face for her) but I guess that'd mean having to add Fleur too.

The Banners: My expectations were pretty low for these. But wow I really like them. The designers really did their homework, capturing the right place for the common rooms, which also represent the elements for each house: Ravenclaw - sky, Slytherin - water, Hufflepuff - Earth and Gryffindor - Fire.

Also some fab minifigures choices, great way to get Quidditch robes.

I've said Lego should include Angelina Johnson and Blaise Zabini in Quidditch robes, so glad they have.

Also Hannah Abbot and Michael Corner. Really glad to see more book known characters like them included.

The details in each common room are nice too. The 3D images are a cool touch, and a nice way to get the moving painting effect. Shame it's all on one big sheet though as Huigberts Build's pointed out. But I guess it did have to be a thick card for the holographic effect.

Nice to see a reference to Newt Scamander, also we get the four Horcruxes for each house. The Gryffindor common room isn't that far off the films iteration which I like. (chess board is a nice sticker)

Overall really happy with how these turned out. So glad Lego haven't shyed away from Deathly Hallows p2 in this. Here's hoping for some more great sets.

29 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Oh no, I had only seen the Instagram pictures. But now that I've seen the 360° video on the lego website it completely changed my view on the banner sets. These builds are horrible. Those aren't stickers at all. That's a big cardboard/plastic or something sheet shoved behind the build. More in line with set 4722 than the hogwarts moments books. Come on, a lot of these shapes could easily translate to pieces. The box art would've fooled me. Almost false advertising. At least Sirius his face does in fact appear in the fire place, which is a plus I guess, but meh. No longer a set I want to get multiples of.

They’re lenticular cards. 🤢

46 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Hufflepuff. Cedric as the Q player is understandable. Susan Bones and Hannah Abbott we’ve gotten before but Hufflepuff torsos are always nice to get. A pity there was no cardigan like the other 3. 

What do you mean here? Susan Bones is wearing a new Hufflepuff cardigan print with buttons down the front.

8 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

What do you mean here? Susan Bones is wearing a new Hufflepuff cardigan print with buttons down the front.

Is she? It looked like a regular jumper to me but happy to be wrong! 

Can see it better now, it is a cardigan! Awesome!!

26 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Shame it's all on one big sheet though as Huigberts Build's pointed out. But I guess it did have to be a thick card for the holographic effect.

I guess, but I imagined they would do something like in 4702 when i first saw the pictures. Oh well, they probably had a reason why they didn't went that route.

Hm, wonder why they went back to the old broom style for the RoR set :wacko: The new part is still alive as it‘s included in an upcoming Friends set, so maybe it‘s just the designer’s personal preference and the 2HY sets will use it again :shrug_oh_well:

Can‘t wait to see the lenticular backdrops in person! Was always a big fan of lenticular cards (especially the squeaky noises they make when rubbing or scratching them).

Anyone remember the Spacix cards from the mid-90s? :laugh:

Definitely some good movie sets. I still despise the current modular Hogwarts design, I think it’s insanely ugly but the RoR set has some redeeming value for sure. The figures are really good for one thing. I think the figures across the board are very good. The banner sets are kind of dumb but not too bad when displayed as Common Rooms and the figures are pretty good. I particularly like those Quidditch sweaters. Angelina is great. I think overall the Grey Lady stands out as possibly the best figure of the wave. I’m really glad Draco had a new face print, great to have Blaise, Harry and Hermione get DH scene accurate printing which is awesome. But now it feels like Ron is missing. I’m sure a summer wave will rectify that. I’m liking what I’m seeing here for the most part for sure

Second Task: I love and I mean love the new Krum, it’s such a huge improvement. And finally getting Grindylows is absolutely fantastic. The builds are both okay, nothing jaw dropping but I do love the stackability of the two portions. My one main gripe is I feel this set doesn’t feel like a $45 set but who really cares I’m still buying it anyways. 

Room of Requirements: This one is a huge surprise for me, was not expecting this to be as good as it is. The diadem, DH Harry and Hermoine, Helena, this set is jam packed. Love the play feature that the door disappears and reappears as you please. And the snake is a great build as well. Nice to see the pixies and phonograph as well. Way better than last years extensions and the $50 feels justified. 

I like the updates they did on Krum, Cedric and Cho. They gave Malfoy a better face-print wich is nice I think. 5 New characters in 6 sets is a lot better than they did in previous years. Common Rooms, Second Task and Deathly Hallows-sets in general are what a lot of us has been asking for. So far we can say that designers really listen to us as fans. 

About the design of the sets themselves: I really love the Second Task-set. The build is well done for the price-point. The colors are perfect and the figures (although some key-missing characters) are a nice upgrade. 

I didn't know what to expect from the banners, but this turned out very well. Common Rooms have the vibe of the movie-depiction as well as the upcoming game 'Hogwarts Legacy', where all four of them are featured. 

The Room of Hidden Things could have benefited from more interiour items like the Vanishing Cabinet. It looks a bit plain from the inside, but it still is an Ok set.

After they used so many new prints in the Hogwarts Express D2C, yet still reused that ugly head on Draco, had me seriously worried about the appearance of future variants of minifigs who seriously needed a new face print like Ginny, Bellatrix (really doubt they still have the CMF ones available to reuse), Lucius and even Molly, so am really pleased with the upgrade that Draco, Krum, Cedric and even Cho received in this wave. There is still hope for the future variants of other characters!

- Black Lake: really love this set! While i would have enjoyed a bigger version with all the characters, this set embodies the great ability of the HP team to do small, but fantastic adaptions of the on-screen scene!

- Room of requirement: great to see some good inclusions like Draco’s HE D2C torso (instead of house robes), the return of the pixie, and the Grey Lady is definetly a pleasant surprise! The fiendfyre build is really well done, I particularly like the option to have diferent parts of it attach to different parts of the castle, almost making it seem like it truly floats and is burning the room! My only disappoitment of this set is the absence of the Vanishing Cabinet, this would have been the best set to actually include it!

- Banners: i personally enjoy this version more than the moments! The first 4, only had McGonnagal and Flitwick as interesting minifigs, (and seamus new face), everything else seemed like a downgrade (specially the not at all accurate sweaters). The last two, while giving us variations of 2 professores we hadn’t seen since 2018, included more versions of harry, hermione and neville making it even less interesting…

The new banners at least give a lot of new characters and new, rare and useful prints. The only one i don’t particularly care about is gryffindor… another neville? They couldn’t give us Percy, or seamus or even one the twins? 

Out of all the 3 winter waves we’ve gotten this is definitely my favourite! And i just hope it is a great sign of the things to come in the summer wave

Oh my, what a fantastic wave :wub_drool:

Five new characters is awesome, and they fixed a lot of the ones we've previously had. Malfoy and Cedric have nice new face prints. Krum looks amazing now.

Overall this wave has an incredible minifigure selection, with many new characters and variants.

I really like the fact that Banners are just Common Rooms, we really needed those.

Both regular sets are absolutely lovely. Room of Requirement is really spacious, and the Second Task is so well built.

I was so excited to see the official photos this morning! Imo the designers have given us a solid 1HY wave.

Banners: I certainly think Slytherin is the strongest banner (not just because it's my house) mainly because of the wall - the underwater elements and basilisk eye are great! I like that they included a house crest piece in each banner and the moments books on the shelf were clever. The quidditch jumpers are great and the highlight of the minifigures for sure. Although, the Ravenclaw jumper should be navy rather than blue. Either way, I feel the jumpers foreshadow a new Quidditch set this summer :)

The Black Lake: The mermaid, grindylow, Krum's shark head, Harry's gills and flesh tones flippers are all incredible. I love the colors for the arch, the stack-ability of the tower and the green jar (meant to represent gillyweed?) at the top. Overall a great remake, but, I wish they would have gone bigger and given us all the champions. Also, this was a huge missed opportunity for Rita Skeeter! She was in the scene in the film and she was there in beetle form in the book. If they had included Rita and a beetle, it would have been amazing!

RoR: The fiendfyre is so cool and I love that it comes apart to make fire in the room. And, we got Helena Ravenclaw :) so happy we got a new ghost! The diadem, 2 Hogwarts house banners, cornish pixie and bust are all great inclusions. So glad they did the RoR door feature again, but really wish they had included a vanishing cabinet. I haven't bought many of the castle builds, but this one is a good stand alone piece. The price point is great when compared to Sirius' escape last year, which was the same price of $50. With 2 of the trio in their outfits now, a Battle of Hogwarts this summer is very possible.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Harry and Hermione get DH scene accurate printing which is awesome. But now it feels like Ron is missing. I’m sure a summer wave will rectify that. 

Too soon to start predicting summer sets…?

but I definitely feel the lack of Ron here will be rectified in Summer. A complementary Hogwarts add-on maybe with the Great Hall and/or entrance courtyard. Harry, Ron, updated Snape, black dress McGonagall, reuse the new Pansy Parkinson, couple of statues, maybe Molly Weasley or Filch — basically nearly every notable character from the McGonagall v Snape scene and Piertotum Locomotor.

maybe throw in Voldemort too if it’s got the courtyard, as the book covers leaked a few months ago indicate we might be getting an updated Voldy.

probably as close to a battle of Hogwarts set we could get without getting into the actual battle itself and deaths and “dark” subject matter

Edited by PotterBlocks

Another idea for where Ron DH2 could show up would be an Hogs Head set: it could come with the trio, aberforth and 1-2 death eaters. It would also fall in line with an hogsmeade expansion each summer and it would cover the most prominent buildings of the movies

Are the Quidditch jumpers new colours? Ravenclaw looks normal blue rather than dark to me for example. 

Edited by Seaber

It would have been cool if the second task set had come with a printed 1x1 round tile or something to represent the gillyweed. Also, would it kill them to print the Hufflepuff crest on the Horcrux cup?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I dont like that the diadem is inconsistent with the Ravenclaw minifigure from the D2C set 

Sometimes they introduce new molds that arent really needed, and here a new mold was clearly needed and they just reused the tiara piece 

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I dont like that the diadem is inconsistent with the Ravenclaw minifigure from the D2C set 

Sometimes they introduce new molds that arent really needed, and here a new mold was clearly needed and they just reused the tiara piece 

Agreed. 

I'll probably buy multiples of the Harry Potter and the Splash About set to army build the lake creatures. 

Not particularly interested in the banners, though they do have some good parts.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It would have been cool if the second task set had come with a printed 1x1 round tile or something to represent the gillyweed. Also, would it kill them to print the Hufflepuff crest on the Horcrux cup?

In the top of the tower there is a green jar on the floor, I’m guessing that’s the gillyweed.

the shark with the tail is very inaccurate, I would have preferred a new mold, and there are no more chocolate frog stickers :-((( EVERYTHING ELSE IS COOL!!! Harry Potter is not my favorite theme, but I keep thinking that is the theme managed better

I’m only a casual collector of this theme, however with each Harry Potter wave I can’t help but be in awe of the care and attention to detail put into these sets. Not to mention the amount of thinking outside the box. It really does set a high bar that I wish more licensed themes could meet.

2nd Task and Room of Requirement will be instant buys for me! Wish the latter would have included the new broomstick mould though. I also quite like the concept behind the House Banners, a little derivative of the previous book sets but regardless still fun and unique. Lenticular portraits, windows, and fireplaces will certainly add to the immersion and charm of these sets.

Also, is that a basilisk in the ‘pipes’ above the Slytherin common room? Talk about friendly fire :laugh:

Edited by T21Typhoon