Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Cool to be getting a Helena Ravenclaw figure, and Blaise will be nice as well!

Helena being in the RoR means the likelihood of getting ghosts in the house banners seems low :/ bit of a bummer, but we’ve gotten Professor Sinistra so I’ll hold out hope for the Bloody Baron and Fat Friar.

But with the banners confirmed as house common rooms I’ve got my fingers crossed we’ll finally get students like Pansy Parkinson and Roger Davies. 

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Helena being in the RoR means the likelihood of getting ghosts in the house banners seems low :/ bit of a bummer, but we’ve gotten Professor Sinistra so I’ll hold out hope for the Bloody Baron and Fat Friar.

But with the banners confirmed as house common rooms I’ve got my fingers crossed we’ll finally get students like Pansy Parkinson and Roger Davies. 

I’m not holding my breath. I was hoping for House ghosts in the banner sets too, but like you said, Helena being in the RoR set makes that very unlikely. But I’m sure there will be some sort of desirable minifig aspect to those sets. I doubt the Common Room builds will be good though. Lego seems to have something against the House Common Rooms

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I doubt the Common Room builds will be good though. Lego seems to have something against the House Common Rooms

I think we can expect something similar to the moments books as far as builds go. Simplified a greatly deal beyond what you’d expect from a castle addition but still with unique elements that make them compelling and not too repetitive for those that collect them all, along with a decent number of elements and details that are recognizable as referring directly to the ‘real world’ setting it’s based off of.

And I don’t think lego has anything against house common rooms. The movies just made it so that most of the common room scenes aren’t the sort of action heavy moments that get made into sets. Previously, the only house common room done as a standalone set was the Slytherin one in 2002 for the polyjuice scene - lego quite understandably decided to focus on a different aspect of the polyjuice storyline when they finally got a chance to revisit it uin 2021. But I honestly don’t think it’s a matter of lego not doing common rooms before because the designers didn’t want to, I think it’s more a matter of lego finally getting the marketing data back telling them we’d actually buy all the common rooms as their own sets despite half of them never appearing onscreen. 

The images are out, I will not say leaked because it is only a few hours to the reveal anyway :shrug_oh_well:

I think the Black lake set looks good. A nice reimagining of the original set. I feel like you could easily add more detail to it at not too much of a cost.

The rest of the sets are a bit lame. The room of requirements is another addition to the ugly castle. It's nice to see a new ghost though.

The "books" or banners are hit and miss, Gryffindor is the best and Hufflepuff the worst i think. 

The banners seem to have maybe cardboard printed back plates, you can see them on the rotating image on the lego site. 

Edited by Micmac

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The images are out, I will not say leaked because it is only a few hours to the reveal anyway :shrug_oh_well:

They are on shop at home 

Alright, short thoughts:

The lake builds are really quite cool, but it feels kind of small and incomplete, like it needs one or two more figures. The number of new molds doesn’t really seem proportional to the price and cost, but it’s a neat little build. Still, this would have been a really good opportunity to introduce one of the last missing figures: Barry Crouch Sr.

The room of requirement is neat, I like the way they have the fiendfyre. I’m still not sold on the new castle style, but it’s nice for what it is. I’d kind of like a definitive room of requirement set at some point, however, not just a segment.

Banners are alright. Pretty much just the books really, but I like the detail they have. I’ve always liked the original Griffindor quidditch team, so getting Angelina is nice, but I almost certainly won’t be getting these just cause I’m not interested. 
I suppose it’s not a bad wave, but nothing particularly special for me—I’ve still gotta get Grimmauld Place and the Shrieking Shack.
Also, who are the new students? I don’t recognize them, are they book characters that didn’t get featured very much? If so, that’s kind of cool, definitely neat since I’ve always kind of fixated on background characters.

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They are on shop at home 

That was good they did not leak then :thumbup:

Merperson
Blaise Zabini x2
Helena Ravenclaw
Angelina Johnson
Michael Corner
Pansy Parkinson
(Susan Bones)
(Hannah Abbott)

Pixie x 2

Grindylow

That krum is 🤌

The common rooms look good but I really really hate the SNOT techniques in all these book sets, it looks ugly. 

Edited by Otherworld

Highlights for me:

• New face for Krum and a more fitting hairpiece
  • They actually use the wavy Vidiyo hairpiece for the merperson as many predicted
  • The new Grindylow
  • Sleeping faces for Ron & Hermione
  • Rowena Ravenclaw with a recolour of Luna‘s hairpiece
  • The diadem being included
  • A recolour of the Basilisk headpiece, just as I hoped! :wub:
  • New face for Cedric!
  • They switched to the new skin tone introduced this year for Cho
  • Blaise being included in two sets
  • New version of Susan Bones I think?
  • New Ravenclaw student (Michael Corner it seems?)

Where‘s Goyle though? Already burned to a crisp? :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I like the sets. I don’t really care for HP, but my wife likes it. Especially the books, and that suitcase/chest set, so probably also the banners. I hope she wants the one with that pixie in it 

personally i want the black lake set. That mermaid is super nice

55 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Helena Ravenclaw

It seems to be Rowena Ravenclaw instead, and it's just a sticker.

EDIT: never mind, you're looking at a different set. 😂 That's what I get for wishing they'd include the House ghosts in the banner sets. 

Going from no Blaises to two Blaises is also a little disappointing. Especially when there are so many characters we don't have. 

Edited by krimimimi

First thoughts: 

Black Lake Set has great Minifigs, but the build itself is much smaller than I anticipated. Still nice tho.

RoR also nice Minifigs, but the build looks quite empty and a bit messy with all the holes in between.

Banner Sets: I like that they included minifigs with different torso, especially those for the quidditch teams. I'm not the biggest fan of the book and banner sets as you cannot really incoporate those in the existing castle sets without taken them apart and building your own mocs. I like the 3D pictures of the house founders, but I don't get if these pics are actual lego pieces that you could take out of the set or if it is just a huge print on the entire back of the banners.

If you look at the lego website und see the 360 degree pictures it seems lik it is one big printed piece. 

Oooh, I like a lot of what I'm seeing.

The Black Lake is very nostalgic to me. I always felt that, in a way, the old one still held up, kinda similar to the old Shrieking Shrek (upon rereading this I realised my mistake, but refuse to change it now xD). The build looks great, even the orange krab returns (sadly no blue jellyfish, my copy has since ended up in my spongebob collection). Victor Krum is probably the highlight of this set for me, they finally fixed him, just a bit of a shame he has the shark mouth printed on the backside, but that's alright. Also big fan of the Grindylow and Merperson. I can now finally retire the last one of my old Harry Potter sets (didn't have a lot of the old sets, but all of the ones I do own are now updated in a way.)

The RoR is mostly fantastic. Finally we get The Grey Lady and even Zabini. The fiendfyre is definitely my favourite part of the set though. We can even use it for a Voldemort vs Dumbledore duel display. I also love the big doors and the messy stacked boxes (that chair design is especially fun). However I also must say I highly prefer the dimensions design of Hermione's outfit, the jacket looks a little bit too bright imo. Also I'm really missing the vanishing cabinet in here and the diadem could really use an update. But luckily those aren't too big of an issue.

The house banners, I like parts of them, but they're very rough looking. The minifigure selection is pretty great. Finally a decent way to get quidditch uniforms for all the houses. Just a shame they went with this look and not the ones from 2018 and diagon alley, but honestly I'm just glad to get them at all. The characters are also great, especially happy with Pansy Parkinson. Like wow, the Slytherin house was really lacking in representation up till now. We had Draco, and then Flint and Bole all the way back in 2018. And other than them we had Crabbe and Goyle, but they were like 50% Harry and Ron. The other houses where somehow catching up.

For the builds. I really like the 3d images. Especially considering how heavily they will be featured in Hogwarts Legacy (well heavily, they're mature parts of the common rooms at least.) It's also cute how all the hogwarts moments books are represented in the background (minus DATDA which is a physical copy).

I think the Gryffindor one is my least favourite though. I like the window and the chess set is alright, just kinda flat. But the stickered stairs aren't doing it for me. I'm also very disappointed by the fireplace, really was hoping for a Sirius Black face. They did it better the previous 2 times. The placing of the Godric Gryffindor portrait is also very unfortunate, you'd almost miss it. Then the chocolate on the wall is an odd choice. And oh noooo, the old brooms are back already D: However it's not too bad, as this set is the one that has the highest chance to be remade eventually, the others are way more important in that regard.

The Slytherin one is great. I love the windows looking out into the lake. I think I even spot the eye of the giant squid in the upper left corner. The Snape portrait is somehow hilarious to me. The fireplace is very solid and the Salazar Slytherin portrait is amazing. The only part I dislike is the little build on the left, stairs that lead into what's supposed to be some kind of corridor, very weak build, really doesn't work.

The ravenclaw one is fine. It's about what you expect, mostly books. But I feel like they didn't really do the statue justice. Really think that should've been the centre piece of the room, if not a physical build. But for the limitations they had to work with it's fine. Just a bit odd it's the only founder not having a portrait but rather a 3d image of the statue. And as the statue isn't sentient (I think) the only moving part is the background (as far as I can tell.)

The hufflepuff common room is very cute. Definitely my second favourite. Love all the plants and barrels. And even Nifflers hiding all around (missed opportunity to include a physical one, will be a while for another chance). Love the Newt picture. Also it has probably the most original looking fire place out of the 4. Only thing that slightly worries me is the portrait of Helga Hufflepuff. I hope it's removable like the other 3d images and not stuck on the background like with the moments books.

The banners themselves are my biggest issue though. Unlike the moments books they really don't look too great to display closed. The set would've been so much better if they just focused on the common rooms rather than the banners. But hey, it's lego, it comes with enough stuff to make my own common rooms.

In the end it's a great start for 2023, all new stuff, lots of new figures and even creatures. Can't wait to see what the rest of the year will have in store. I do wonder however what the big main castle piece will be. I assume it's still in the 20th anniversary style. I wonder if like the 2018 one this style will also stick around for 3 years, with an update in 2024.

I'm really glad to see them fix character design flaws. New much better Cedric head, proper Krum head, new specific Malfoy head, Cho in a much better skin tone.

The amount of new prints is phenomenal as usual. Great injection of variety of torsos for all four houses, and new head prints where they weren't even strictly needed - all three Hufflepuffs I think, all three Slytherins, Angelina Johnson and Cho - unless some of those are not in fact new and I just can't place them, but none look very common anyway.

As for the sets themselves....

These openable object sets are never going to do it for me. Didn't care for the moments sets, don't care for these. The Minifigures are more attractive overall in these than in the moments, but that's still not enough for me especially at the higher price.

The Castle of Requirement - I'm torn on this one. It does convey the architecture of the room, but not really the jumbled mess of the interior because so many parts have gone into the overall structure of it instead. If the point was the interior scene, then why has it been turned into a big talk castle section. I'm glad they've shoehorned in the Grey Lady scene, but still overall, the set has a bit of an identity crisis.

The Lake Task - this is a charming set and will look superb on display. I love the stackability with the two sections. My only slight criticism is that it's too much of a direct remake of the original set, down to the exact Minifigures included and a remake of that dinky boat which looks nearly as bad as the original one. Only the above-lake section has been added, which is great, but to properly convey the scene this needed at least Fleur's sister, who is part of the whole scene that unfolds for Harry.

After the 2019 GoF wave did so well including all the champions, it's a shame not to get them all in their Second Task costumes here. Yes that'd mean four more figures (two champions and the people they are saving) and space for them, but I'd pay for it. It's not like they're going to do this scene again any time soon.

2 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

Banner Sets: I like that they included minifigs with different torso, especially those for the quidditch teams.

Pretty sure those are not quidditch uniforms, just jumpers (sweatshirts). None of those banner pages at LEGO.com mention quidditch at all.

Nevermind, it seems that's what the quidditch uniforms looked like in 2010.

14 minutes ago, Salix said:

Pretty sure those are not quidditch uniforms, just jumpers (sweatshirts). None of those banner pages at LEGO.com mention quidditch at all.

That's what the quidditch uniforms look like if you remove the robes. That's also the look they went with in 2011 for the quidditch set.

15 minutes ago, Salix said:

Nevermind, it seems that's what the quidditch uniforms looked like in 2010.

They’re absolutely quidditch jumpers. Same as the ones you can buy in the studio tour and very visible in the movies. 

Harry and Ron are wearing there’s at breakfast when Harry pretends to put Felix Felicis in his pumpkin juice. 

1 minute ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

They’re absolutely quidditch jumpers. Same as the ones you can buy in the studio tour and very visible in the movies. 

Harry and Ron are wearing there’s at breakfast when Harry pretends to put Felix Felicis in his pumpkin juice. 

I guess it's time for another rewatch. ;)

But it's a shame that they put them in a set instead of a battlepack or minifigure pack. Plus that they are different from the previous ones. But at least we got one for all 4 now.