Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

What are peoples' thoughts on the Ravenclaw Quidditch robe mannequin figure from DA...do you think it will get released as an actual character like Cedric Diggory was (I appreciate that came before DA) maybe in one of the books or a later set?  Or should a collector buy it on the used market since it will remain a DA exclusive?  I am just thinking that since Lucius Malfoy was rereleased and we got another Gilderoy Lockhart that it may see the light of day again.  And to me it seems silly that Lego wouldn't take advantage of having that torso print already and reuse it...

Edited by chrisincanada

6 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

What are peoples' thoughts on the Ravenclaw Quidditch robe mannequin figure from DA...do you think it will get released as an actual character like Cedric Diggory was (I appreciate that came before DA) maybe in one of the books or a later set?  Or should a collector buy it on the used market since it will remain a DA exclusive?  I am just thinking that since Lucius Malfoy was rereleased and we got another Gilderoy Lockhart that it may see the light of day again.  And to me it seems silly that Lego wouldn't take advantage of having that torso print already and reuse it...

Cedric came after DA I’m pretty sure. 

I really hope they release it. I’ve got full teams for three houses! 

Ravenclaw is always the forgotten house. 

I'm looking forward the the banner reveals most of all. The other sets we can sort of guess what's included - I am still stoked to see them - but the banner sets are potentially something very cool. 

So far there has only been one set I've been very underwhelmed by, so it's likely I'll be impressed by the second task etc. 

The banners are on the bottom of my list since we still have no idea what to expect there :shrug_oh_well: Minifig-wise, they‘ll probably be pretty boring, unless the designers conjured up some house ghosts. We already have all the relevant teachers; and named students are not something I‘m really interested in, unless it‘s someone like Lee Jordan who at least could bring a cool new hairpiece to the table.

I‘ll still get them on day 1 of course, but I‘m hoping for something new to be included nonetheless

20 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The banners are on the bottom of my list since we still have no idea what to expect there :shrug_oh_well: Minifig-wise, they‘ll probably be pretty boring, unless the designers conjured up some house ghosts. We already have all the relevant teachers; and named students are not something I‘m really interested in, unless it‘s someone like Lee Jordan who at least could bring a cool new hairpiece to the table.

I‘ll still get them on day 1 of course, but I‘m hoping for something new to be included nonetheless

You mean you’re not looking forward to getting Cedric, Luna/Cho, Neville, and Draco again?

6 hours ago, Salix said:

Cedric came this summer, while the DA is from september 2020.

I think you mean last summer (2021) but either way you are correct, Cedric did come after DA.  There is hope for a Ravenclaw re-release then.

5 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

You mean you’re not looking forward to getting Cedric, Luna/Cho, Neville, and Draco again?

Of course! I need 3 more each. I'm building a coffee table out of em! :tongue:

I’m intrigued for the banners simply because them being explicitly house themed means there’s no hiding behind random Gryffindor students like in the moments sets, which were based off the classes and only had soft house theming. That should at least give us a little bit of variety when it comes to students at the very least. And given that the moments books went out of their way to give us new/exclusive characters variations I’m holding out hope that we’ll see either house ghosts with two students or a trio of students with one each bearing the jumper, robes, and quidditch torsos. The actual builds could be pretty fun too, especially if lego goes the house common room route. 

Andy Seenan (the new creative lead of the HP theme) posted on his twitter that we should expect some Lego HP news tomorrow, so it shouldn’t be long till we see the sets :moar:

55 minutes ago, PotDoc said:

Andy Seenan (the new creative lead of the HP theme) posted on his twitter that we should expect some Lego HP news tomorrow, so it shouldn’t be long till we see the sets :moar:

Ooo thank you! Can't wait. :excited:

1 hour ago, PotDoc said:

Thanks for letting us know! I‘m excited :excited: Hopefully they unveil all 6 sets!

16 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Isn't it too early for a reveal?Those sets will release in March if I'm not mistaken.

No last year Lego revealed the Magical Trunk on 1st December and that was for a March release. :)

The other March sets were then revealed at the beginning of January although we had already seen images from the leaked catalogue.

2 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

Isn't it too early for a reveal?Those sets will release in March if I'm not mistaken.

Once the 1HY consumer catalogue is out, we will see them anyway. So they may just as well reveal them now instead of waiting for the catalogue to inevitably drop :laugh:

7 hours ago, PotDoc said:

Hyped I cannot and I mean cannot wait to see the Second Task set! Sure it maybe a bit small but they did the Graveyard Duel justice with $20, got full faith they do Blackwater well with $45. 

Edited by RODDY

12 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Hyped I cannot and I mean cannot wait to see the Second Task set! Sure it maybe a bit small but they did the Graveyard Duel justice with $20, got full faith they do Blackwater well with $45. 

I was getting ready to say the graveyard duel was €35 but you’re right, it was €20!

which really makes me wonder why I didn’t buy more in order to build up my death eater Army…

21 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

which really makes me wonder why I didn’t buy more in order to build up my death eater Army…

Eh, we never really see more than 5 or 6 GoF-style Death Eaters on screen at once, so an army of them isn‘t really needed :tongue: Instead, I’m stil hoping for a OotP-style Death Eater! Now those have army-building potential :excited:

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Eh, we never really see more than 5 or 6 GoF-style Death Eaters on screen at once, so an army of them isn‘t really needed :tongue: Instead, I’m stil hoping for a OotP-style Death Eater! Now those have army-building potential :excited:

Yeah but I only bought one set! I should have bought 3 or 4.

I don’t know how many poly juice sets I’ve bought 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I was getting ready to say the graveyard duel was €35 but you’re right, it was €20!

I got two of the set and bought a few more Death Eaters on eBay for only a couple bucks each. Turned one of them into Lucius

I hope we get to see more than just one set.  I'm really curious to see what the banner sets are all about.  Hoping they aren't just art style but actually depict a minifig scene somehow.  If not I'll be skipping them most likely.