Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

9 hours ago, Seaber said:

Has anyone else seen the 50 minute or so Hogwarts Legacy stream tonight? 

Really whets the appetite, and I felt so much more in the world of HP than even the Hogwarts scenes of the FB films. 

I doubt we'll get sets for it, but I reckon Lego will set a set or two more when fans get this game. More than from wizards unite anyway :laugh:

The thing about Wizards Unite is that it really didn’t introduce anything new.  There were a handful of non-animated characters that were unique to the game and a couple more similar characters that had previously featured in another defunct fantastic beasts game. But almost all the AR animations subjects were ripped straight from the movies, with the notable exception of Peeves and a handful of the magical creatures. 

Hogwarts Legacy, and for that matter Hogwarts Mystery, on the other hand, are story driven and feature several exclusive characters and locations that players get to interact with and come to care for. Binns and Peeves also make notable appearances, and I still maintain that using the video games as an excuse to give us sets featuring those two characters that even non-gamers will still be familiar with would be a viable move on Lego’s part. 

Not to mention that while the further afield locations of Hogwarts Legacy wouldn’t sell well as sets, iconic Hogwarts locations that just didn’t make it into the movies would. I think the four house common rooms are on several wishlists. And who knows, those house banners releasing very close to the same time as the new game could very well be house common rooms for all we know. 

Just a heads up, the new Hogwarts Express has 5x VIP Points in store purchase, which means you get a $100 off. Feeling really tempted to splurge ngl. 

Edited by RODDY

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Just a heads up, the new Hogwarts Express has 5x VIP Points in store purchase, which means you get a $100 off. Feeling really tempted to splurge ngl. 

There’s also a promo for online purchases where you can also get $100 off for just 100 VIP points (which is a really low amount under the current system). Kinda makes me wish I’d waited for  the Black Friday/VIP weekend promos before grabbing mine. Something to keep in mind for next year. 

Zaslav is again threatening us with a two-part adaptation of the Cursed Play :sick:

I kinda hope TLG can wrap this theme up before that ever becomes a reality! Don‘t force me to buy sets based on that …thing

Still got 1 day to decide if I want to buy the Hogwarts Express for €400 with 2 promos and double VIP.. Probably one of the best deals to ever come by but do I actually need it. 

I keep telling myself I don’t need it.  This way when the vouchers are gone I can tell myself I could have gotten a great deal on it if only.  Thus saving me from actually buying it and regretting having done so in the long run.

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Zaslav is again threatening us with a two-part adaptation of the Cursed Play :sick:

I kinda hope TLG can wrap this theme up before that ever becomes a reality! Don‘t force me to buy sets based on that …thing

The actual set and costume designs for the play are actually really nice. It’s the out of character writing and complete disregard for the previously established rules of time travel in the Harry Potter universe that make me reject Cursed Child from the main canon. So I wouldn’t be horribly upset if we got something based off the visuals of the play. Plus, if they treated it anything like Fantastic Beasts we’d only get a couple of smaller sets before lego gave it up as not being lucrative enough so we likely wouldn’t be subjected to lego versions of any of the more horrendous scenes. (That being said, I do agree that we absolutely do not need a Cursed Child movie)

Lego sold out of the redemption offer when trying to redeem... very disappointed in how it's only the Train that sold out. I guess it was the best offer though, but yeah.

5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The new advent calender is definitely my least favourite out of all of them.....

But on Amazon UK at the moment it's 50% off, at only £15, which is very tempting. 

It’s £19.99 now at smythToys superstore, they have lots of other Lego discounts too, it’s a good deal I think for 7 different figures with printing

I do most of my Lego shopping there and John Lewis to try keep the them going since Toys R Us are no longer with us, it’s nice to see things on the shelf in person

Edited by Bugbot20082

Hi all, putting this out there and hoping someone can message me with the information I am looking for.  I live on the East coast of Canada and will be moving to the UK in January.  I am unable to take my Lego HP collection with me because it is so vast and the shipping prices are obscene.  To try and sell it piece-meal on eBay would be a nightmare too.  I have virtually every set from 2018 onwards (including HE collectors edition, Hogwarts Icons, Diagon Alley), complete with boxes and manuals, all bagged up.  No damage to any set, stickers all applied with an OCD level of precision.  I also have 99% of the advent calendar figures, all the CMF's and so on.  And this is where I need help from the community here in Canada and the USA.  Does anyone know of a store or a dealer that would consider buying it all job lot?  I could drive as far East as Ottawa in Canada and as far south as Boston in the USA to deliver it.  I can provide a comprehensive list of what I have and would be open to offers on the price which would of course be in the low thousands of $ I imagine.  I know this is a long shot but wondered if anyone had the info I was looking for from their local Lego community.  Many thanks.

There’s gonna be a new character encyclopedia next year, of course again with an exclusive minifig!

Judging by the shape, my gut says Harry variant :tongue:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There’s gonna be a new character encyclopedia next year, of course again with an exclusive minifig!

Judging by the shape, my gut says Harry variant :tongue:

The silhouette on the book is just a placeholder, the Minifigure could be anyone. 

I’m pretty optimistic that we could see another new(ish) character. While the theme’s original run just had Harry variants as the book exclusives, the reboot has been good about giving us different characters in books (at least as exclusives) - first the long awaited fleshy update of T.M. Riddle (even though a slightly different version appeared in a set the next year), and recently we’ve finally gotten a Percy Weasley as our latest book exclusive, so I think there’s a good chance we’ll see someone new. 

I mostly hope they'll include some of the pre-2018 figures inside this book. I was pretty disappointed when the magical treasury was exclusively about the revived wave of sets, while one of my favourite things about building the magical world was seeing how sets like the castle evolved over time. Would love to see the evolution of Dumbledore for example. A classic Harry as the figure inclusion would also be nice, I mean they did it with star wars a while back, so it could definitely happen.

I hope this new style of Hogwarts can continue next year.  We really do need to get the common rooms and dorms. 

@Legoman123 Do you mean the 2021+ modular style? Or have the House banners finally leaked?

If you did mean the 2021+ modular format, you can pick up a bunch of the bathrooms fairly cheaply and easily mod them without too many additions. There are a couple of very nice common room and dorm mods on EB, if you have a poke around. 

18 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

A classic Harry as the figure inclusion would also be nice, I mean they did it with star wars a while back, so it could definitely happen.

I think the biggest obstacle to a classic Harry being in the book is the hairpiece. These books don’t tend to introduce new molds and there’s a high possibility the original Harry hair mold doesn’t exist anymore. The Star Wars anniversary figs came mostly in sets, so if they needed ‘new’ molds to recreate the old designs it was easy enough to pull off (and despite some people liking them they must have struggled with widespread popularity, because when the same anniversary rolled around for Harry Potter we got gold figs instead). 

It’s also worth remembering that these books tend to be geared towards a younger audience. One that might find an illustration of the Minifigures’ evolution over time interesting, but really wouldn’t have any nostalgia attached to the original Harry design.

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I think the biggest obstacle to a classic Harry being in the book is the hairpiece. These books don’t tend to introduce new molds and there’s a high possibility the original Harry hair mold doesn’t exist anymore. The Star Wars anniversary figs came mostly in sets, so if they needed ‘new’ molds to recreate the old designs it was easy enough to pull off (and despite some people liking them they must have struggled with widespread popularity, because when the same anniversary rolled around for Harry Potter we got gold figs instead). 

It’s also worth remembering that these books tend to be geared towards a younger audience. One that might find an illustration of the Minifigures’ evolution over time interesting, but really wouldn’t have any nostalgia attached to the original Harry design.

Hmmm, it was last used in 2017 for Bizarro Superman, a year before the revival. That might indeed be a problem. Oh well, I have an old Harry anyway (although in a rough state xD).

On 11/25/2022 at 11:44 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

A classic Harry as the figure inclusion would also be nice, I mean they did it with star wars a while back, so it could definitely happen.

Those yellow minifigures are the reason why I did NOT get those Star Wars anniversary sets. Which is a shame as that Slave I looks awesome. Personally I preferred the golden minifigures we got with HP.

5 hours ago, Salix said:

Those yellow minifigures are the reason why I did NOT get those Star Wars anniversary sets. Which is a shame as that Slave I looks awesome. Personally I preferred the golden minifigures we got with HP.

Oh no I didn't meant the ones from the sets, I meant the one included in the Star Wars Visual Dictionary Updated and Expanded from like 2014 or something.

I don't really regret buying the book for the Percy figure's two prints, but similar to Tom Riddle, now I'm kind of expecting a new version of him for the 2023 wave. He lurks around in the later movies so it's not impossible to get a grown one, but I think he needs a better accurate and pouty face print and different hair. We got the skirts [finally] recently; so if they have to go back to the first two films I'd love their short and pointy black wizard caps. Nice if the trio got molded hair versions (Percy could use Ron's I think decently enough) or a mold with folds kind of like the elves headpiece without the ears. The GoF Death Eater one just can't fill that void imo. 

I wouldn't mind if the book included an epilogue character we didn't get in the Hogwarts Express.  Otherwise, I'm not sure where else missing epilogue characters could be included unless we get another CMF series.

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wouldn't mind if the book included an epilogue character we didn't get in the Hogwarts Express.  Otherwise, I'm not sure where else missing epilogue characters could be included unless we get another CMF series.

As much as I want lego to fill the Granger-Weasley family hole in my heart, I don’t think we have a high chance of getting them in this format because 

1) people are more likely to want the entire family, and get frustrated if we only got one of our missing characters. 

2) these books are generally geared towards a younger audience, making it rather unlikely that the exclusive minifig will be a ‘missing’ character from an 18+ set and more likely it will be a character from the earlier movies that kids will be more likely to recognize by sight. 

I wish Lego was still doing the bricktober format, because that would be the perfect way to give us the older Ron and Hermione and their children, but those seem to be gone for good. 

the two random students in the train set instead of Ron and Hermione really was the dumbest move LEGO have made with this theme. 

now I think they’ve done an amazing job overall but leaving out those two figures… so bad.

Hey guys, its been a long time since I shared anything from my Hogwarts project so here is the newest version that I currently work with ... yeah I know that there is a Lego HP MOC thread somewhere but its dead and I thought just one picture wouldnt hurt anyone here :DD

cQLSORg.png