Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, domen151 said:

Did Lego send the non-final version of the manual for printing? Because there is no way that front cover was supposed to look like that 

There is also a photo from the manual of the all Hogwart 2021-2022 modules combined. It doesn’t look that bad, now that there are some angles and its not just a big wall.

The manuals for Mando's N1 look like that too, and I think one other set. Maybe that's what LEGO is doing now. Weird because they already have artwork designed for the box fronts, but at the same time, who really cares what the cover of the instruction book looks like.

Hogwarts does look pretty nice in the proposed layout. I like that they have tried to put the Great Hall in the right place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, domen151 said:

There is also a photo from the manual of the all Hogwart 2021-2022 modules combined. It doesn’t look that bad, now that there are some angles and its not just a big wall.

Interesting that they included all the modular sets from this line except for First Flying Lesson, though since the doorway section isn't an 8x8 module it's harder to fit with the rest. A shame, since a doorway section is so useful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The manuals for Mando's N1 look like that too, and I think one other set. Maybe that's what LEGO is doing now. Weird because they already have artwork designed for the box fronts, but at the same time, who really cares what the cover of the instruction book looks like.

I do. I generally don't keep boxes, so it's nice to have decent artwork on the manuals. That looks like a bootleg manual, not anything official. Such a strange design decision. Especially to have a white cover with a real photo against a white background, but it's a slightly greyer shade. It just looks terrible. What a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I do. I generally don't keep boxes, so it's nice to have decent artwork on the manuals. That looks like a bootleg manual, not anything official. Such a strange design decision. Especially to have a white cover with a real photo against a white background, but it's a slightly greyer shade. It just looks terrible. What a shame.

Maybe it's an early version sent out to reviewers in advance? I always assumed they got a "regular" production run of the sets they review, but maybe not, because that does NOT look official.

The Hogwarts with corners is such a marked improvement, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ferder said:

Interesting that they included all the modular sets from this line except for First Flying Lesson, though since the doorway section isn't an 8x8 module it's harder to fit with the rest. A shame, since a doorway section is so useful!

First Flying Lesson has been out of stock everywhere (in the US) for a few months now it seems. I wonder if its planned shelf life is almost up, and so including it in the instructions was intentional to prevent a retired set from being advertised long after its run has completed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

First Flying Lesson has been out of stock everywhere (in the US) for a few months now it seems. I wonder if its planned shelf life is almost up, and so including it in the instructions was intentional to prevent a retired set from being advertised long after its run has completed. 

Did you mean to say not include it?

I feel guilty for grabbing two since the set is all sold out for months now.

Seeing TLG put together the sets nicely like that, I really wish more sets had rockwork!

Edited by joeee
added another comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just have a question to everyone,

Did we ever find out where the leaked Voldemort (tongue sticking out) and Tonks (duck bill) are coming from? Considering the rumour for the D2C is currently a giant Hogwarts Express, is it likely we are getting a Grimmauld Place Advent Calendar? It just seems strange to me, I can't see the Voldemort figure fitting anywhere and I don't think we are expecting anymore sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PumpkinPasties said:

Tonks (duck bill) 

I suspect that one‘s included as a second head in the Grimmauld Place set :classic: Can‘t be that much longer before we see the first reviews!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PumpkinPasties said:

Did we ever find out where the leaked Voldemort (tongue sticking out) and Tonks (duck bill) are coming from? Considering the rumour for the D2C is currently a giant Hogwarts Express, is it likely we are getting a Grimmauld Place Advent Calendar? It just seems strange to me, I can't see the Voldemort figure fitting anywhere and I don't think we are expecting anymore sets. 

Voldemort doesn't seem a good fit for an Advent Calendar (they didn't even put poor Snape in one 😆), so maybe an Accessory Pack. Who knows, we might finally see some Death Eaters so we can stage the Battle at the MoM, and it would help boost the MoM set's appeal as well.

For Tonks I'd bet she appears in the Advent Calendar. An alternative face is also possible, considering they've been more generous with extra minifig parts lately, but if so, I'd have expected to see it on the box's artwork and we haven't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PumpkinPasties said:

I just have a question to everyone,

Did we ever find out where the leaked Voldemort (tongue sticking out) and Tonks (duck bill) are coming from? Considering the rumour for the D2C is currently a giant Hogwarts Express, is it likely we are getting a Grimmauld Place Advent Calendar? It just seems strange to me, I can't see the Voldemort figure fitting anywhere and I don't think we are expecting anymore sets. 

For Tonks it could be an alternate head from Grimmauld Place or something from the advent calendar or accessory pack (40577 is still unaccounted for) although the D2C isn’t entirely out of the question seeing as Tonks escorts him to and from the station a couple of times in the books, and I’m pretty sure she’s there seeing him off in the OotP movie. So while that’s unlikely it’s still possible. We should probably wait until the reviews for the June sets come out before we assume it’s anything other than an extra head in Grimmauld though.

With Voldemort there’s far fewer options. Pretty much only the accessory pack and advent calendar. I’m leaning towards accessory pack, since the advent calendars have been pretty good at staying almost entirely festive and cute over the years (plus, I’m expecting this year’s to be either Hogsmeade or Grimmauld themed, they’d be stupid not to do that while the respective sets are still on shelves). I could definitely see an accessory pack of the OotP ministry atrium duel, since the location itself is being released as a DH1 set this year and he actually does stick his tongue out while conjuring magical fire in that scene. The other three characters in that scene are Dumbledore, Harry, and Bellatrix, so hopefully if they’re going that route they’ll be using the rest of the new print budget to upgrade Bellatrix’s head and skirt pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Tonks only has one head in the Grimmauld Place set after all, as confirmed by Holly’s review *huh* So Tonks is either included in an accessory pack, the D2C set, or the advent calendar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2022 at 8:19 PM, joeee said:

Seeing TLG put together the sets nicely like that, I really wish more sets had rockwork!

Yes, especially since there's so many options left for subterranean sets: Potions Classroom, Slytherin common room, remaining Philosopher's stone challengers, troll bathroom... But sadly I wouldn't be surprised if there were no more rock-base sets in this line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build a Minifig has gone live again at least in the German and UK stores, although the selection seems slightly worse than it was during the beta phase. The regular Pick a Brick has been temporarily suspended here, I can't tell if that's true of the UK as well, but both PAB stores seem down to just the Bestseller pieces, which means there's not a lot on offer.

Before the beta version was taken down in April, there was a Ravenclaw torso available (although it might have been via the PAB). Anyone still have regular PAB with that torso in their country? I was trying to figure out if it's a part to bricklink, or worth waiting for S@H to offer it again / if they were likely to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Build a Minifig has gone live again at least in the German and UK stores, although the selection seems slightly worse than it was during the beta phase. The regular Pick a Brick has been temporarily suspended here, I can't tell if that's true of the UK as well, but both PAB stores seem down to just the Bestseller pieces, which means there's not a lot on offer.

Before the beta version was taken down in April, there was a Ravenclaw torso available (although it might have been via the PAB). Anyone still have regular PAB with that torso in their country? I was trying to figure out if it's a part to bricklink, or worth waiting for S@H to offer it again / if they were likely to. 

Yeah no Standard Pick A Brick in the UK at the moment and the Build A Minifig reminds me on some 2000s Lego Creator PC game. I was surprised so see both that Ravenclaw Moment torso on both the old Bricks and Pieces and then the Standard PAB before it went down in the UK. I do know that the 8x16 printed tile with the Hogwarts crest on (the top part of the letter) from the Hogwarts Icons set was on B&P, but disappeared when it switched to PAB. I was always surprised that and the Ravenclaw torso made it on to B&P though considering licencing so I'm not sure either will be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, Tonks only has one head in the Grimmauld Place set after all, as confirmed by Holly’s review *huh* So Tonks is either included in an accessory pack, the D2C set, or the advent calendar 

Honestly, that’s kind of exciting. It means there’s a chance we could get her in her Ministry battle outfit. These two heads continue to be baffling despite the fact that we know exactly who they’re for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless we all fell for well-made fakes… again :tongue:

I do believe they‘re real though. And they don‘t necessarily have to be from the same set, despite leaking together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but does Tonks not come with two faces and two hair colours in the Grimmauld Place set? On the front cover of the box she has purple hair and a smiley face, whereas on the image of the back of the set where she is sitting at the table, she has red hair and what looks like a piggy snout… (possibly duck bill, as shown in the pics on SH)

6E19E447-11E7-417F-AF4D-D1BAB2A0630D.jpeg

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but does Tonks not come with two faces and two hair colours in the Grimmauld Place set?

There are indeed two hairpieces included, but only one head. One side has a smirk, the other the pig snout :classic: The duck bill faceprint is included somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There are indeed two hairpieces included, but only one head. One side has a smirk, the other the pig snout :classic: The duck bill faceprint is included somewhere else

Ah, ok! That’s cleared that up then. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Build a Minifig has gone live again at least in the German and UK stores, although the selection seems slightly worse than it was during the beta phase. The regular Pick a Brick has been temporarily suspended here, I can't tell if that's true of the UK as well, but both PAB stores seem down to just the Bestseller pieces, which means there's not a lot on offer.

The two Lego shops in Birmingham UK both have Pick a Brick walls and Build a minifigure stands.

I don't go in for pick a brick so can't comment on what's there, although I saw a good selection of Brick Yellow pieces perfect for Hogwarts buildings.

The build a minifig section is decent, I even found a wingspread owl in brick yellow (idk if it was supposed to be there), but I've also got a cool wizard hat/hair piece that's exclusive to build a Minifig.

There's also more selection in one of the Birmingham shops as we have a Minifigure Factory section to design a torso print, so there's more hair/hat, head, legs and accessory pieces in a separate stall to build a Minifig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a new pic on instagram for the polybag. There are apparently 8 different castle sections you can make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

There's a new pic on instagram for the polybag. There are apparently 8 different castle sections you can make.

Yes, it looks great. I think I might just try to get 8. It's probably the most complete Hogwarts we've ever gotten in Lego form.

Imagine if they did a D2C like this in sytem or minifig scale or somewhere in between, if not just 8 separate sets. Probably unlikely, but it's interesting to speculate how they will portray Hogwarts after the anniversary style. They'll have to keep it interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

but it's interesting to speculate how they will portray Hogwarts after the anniversary style. They'll have to keep it interesting.

Hogwarts covered in snow I imagined is interesting and different enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mark1991t said:

There's a new pic on instagram for the polybag. There are apparently 8 different castle sections you can make.

WHOA. I just got even more excited for the polybag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.