Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Unrealistic, it would also have to include a UCS Ford Anglia and UCS Viaduct to go with the microscale Hogwarts Express.

Unless it were super, duper, ultra-nano-microscale. Then they could include England and Scotland, from Jersey to the outer Hebrides. In subsequent years, they could give us Wales and Ireland, so as not to leave anyone out. 

15 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Not forgetting no less than seven Muggles to witness the whole thing.

Easily confused with dust motes, surely, which is a fine statement on a Muggle's role in the scheme of things. 

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Then they could include England and Scotland, from Jersey to the outer Hebrides. In subsequent years, they could give us Wales and Ireland, so as not to leave anyone out. 

An easier solution is probably a small Dots add on pack to the Globe. Maybe a GWP for the UCS Dobby's Sock?

Saw Secrets of Dumbledore and have to agree with some people, really didn't enjoy this one. Will leave my indepth commentary to myself as it will contain spoilers and the list of problems is a mile long lol, not to mention off topic. 

I will echo that I'm not sure how they'd make any LEGO set out of this film, unless they made a small diorama in the vein of the Thestral set coming out. This could easily depict a Dumbledore vs Grindelwald scene, the two characters sorely missing minifigs now (Grindelwald as played by Mikkelsen, that is). One thing I did like about this film was how magnetic and subtly manipulative Grindelwald was.

Edited by drewdotexe

8 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

I will echo that I'm not sure how they'd make any LEGO set out of this film, unless they made a small diorama in the vein of the Thestral set coming out. This could easily depict a Dumbledore vs Grindelwald scene, the two characters sorely missing minifigs now (Grindelwald as played by Mikkelsen, that is). One thing I did like about this film was how magnetic and subtly manipulative Grindelwald was.

I am not clamoring for sets from this movie, but if LEGO had decided to go with some tie-in sets I think they had some options:

Spoiler
  •  A Hogwarts section, could include the new version of the Room of Requirement with the prayer wheel.
  • The Hog's Head, which has yet to be in LEGO and could go nicely with the rest of Hogsmeade. Plus, it is portrayed as more of an inn/restaurant in this movie which could cover the concerns of making a pure tavern in LEGO.
  • The grand staircase/summit in Bhutan. This place screams LEGO set to be honest.
  • The forested mountain near the beginning with the prominent hole in the rock.
  • The Erkstag prison. They could totally use the new hermit crab mold for the dancing critters.

I really wish we could get figures of Young Dumbledore and Lally. And it wouldn't be too bad to get Theseus, Bunty, Yusef, and Rosier.

In terms of new creatures, I really would only want an adult and baby Qilin.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:29 PM, Lego Harry said:

An easier solution is probably a small Dots add on pack to the Globe. Maybe a GWP for the UCS Dobby's Sock?

No, no, re-release the globe in an HP colour scheme obviously, perhaps even permitting your choice of House colours by way of customisation... :D

22 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

The final name for the D2C should be: Lego Harry Potter 46405 Hogwarts Express Collector's Edition :classic:

Does that mean it's minifig sized?

19 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Does that mean it's minifig sized?

With the scale of previous HP D2C all over the place probably not :tongue:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

With the scale of previous HP D2C all over the place probably not :tongue:

If it's a creator expert sized weirdness, it'll be easy money to save! 

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

If it's a creator expert sized weirdness, it'll be easy money to save! 

I really hope it’s about the size of the Disney Train ?   A little wider than normal trains LEGO does; and maybe with more detail because of the extra “space” to work with ?

And LEGO;… please add the Hogsmeade station to this set. An enclosed building with the red bridge included ?…

Please ?…. 

Edited by Wimmer
Spelling

For how expensive the Hogwarts Express is rumoured to be, I'm expecting:

- Motorised with plenty of track, one thing about the last train I thought was disappointing was that there was no track to put the train on

- Hogsmeade Station: Doesn't have to be massive, would be cool if its based off the one in the Lego HP video games

- Plenty of Carriages: Would love if one of the compartment door windows has a sticker of the heart Lavender draws on in HBP (which is also in the actual train in the making of HP studio tour)

- Good variety of minifigures. I mean there's obviously going to be Harry, Ron, Hermione and probably the trolley witch. But he's a few figures it'd be cool to get: Cormac McClaggen, Katie Bell, Blaise Zabini, Ginny (with Arnold the Pygmy-puff)

8 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

The final name for the D2C should be: Lego Harry Potter 46405 Hogwarts Express Collector's Edition :classic:

Sounds eerily similar to "Hogwarts Icons Collector's Edition" *oh2* Also, I assume you mean 76405?

2 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Plenty of Carriages: Would love if one of the compartment door windows has a sticker of the heart Lavender draws on in HBP (which is also in the actual train in the making of HP studio tour)

I’m really hoping the train is similar to the studio tour one; there’s a carriage based on each movie if I’m remember correctly, which would be amazing for the set and give us so many good details. It would be a lot of carriages, but might help justify the price…

3 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Sounds eerily similar to "Hogwarts Icons Collector's Edition" *oh2* Also, I assume you mean 76405?

No, it's 4* because it's BrickHeadz scale. They're keeping us on our toes. 🤣 (sorry, the lego emojis have stopped functioning for me.)

2 hours ago, yori4145 said:

I’m really hoping the train is similar to the studio tour one; there’s a carriage based on each movie if I’m remember correctly, which would be amazing for the set and give us so many good details. It would be a lot of carriages, but might help justify the price…

I would suggest three differently built coaches would be enough to cover all films, and it would stop the coach build being too repetitive. 

The first could be the non-compartment coach (that is the coach is open inside) as seen in HBP when Malfoy attacks Harry and in DHI when the Death Eaters board the train. 

The second could be a compartment coach with three compartments - one from the first film with Harry, Ron and the sweets, one from the third film with the trio, Lupin and Dementor, and finally HBP with Won-Won's love heart. 

The last coach would be a brake coach with one compartment, perhaps when Harry meets Cho, as well as a guard's compartment and luggage area. 

32 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I would suggest three differently built coaches would be enough to cover all films, and it would stop the coach build being too repetitive. 

That sounds pretty appealing :thumbup: I hope they do something like that!

Still not sure what scale I like better. From a display point of view, I’d favour a UCS-style model as I don’t have space for tracks :tongue: If I had infinite space, I’d prefer a minifig-scaled version.

5 hours ago, krimimimi said:

No, it's 4* because it's BrickHeadz scale. They're keeping us on our toes. 🤣 (sorry, the lego emojis have stopped functioning for me.)

:iamded_lol:Now that would be something!

41 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

mary cattermole looks to have this head in case anyones curious

Great catch! I was surprised Mary would have a new head when she is so minor, but then again I'm also surprised that that Yaz figure has so many exclusive parts - head, torso and legs. Like why? Is she some important character?

It also makes me more annoyed when major characters like Mighty Thor get so very common reused heads, when there are random ones that are more rare.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Great catch! I was surprised Mary would have a new head when she is so minor, but then again I'm also surprised that that Yaz figure has so many exclusive parts - head, torso and legs. Like why? Is she some important character?

She’s one of the six main teen characters in the Camp Cretaceous animated spinoff on Netflix - which Lego made a wave of sets to very loosely tie into since, y’know, target demographics. 

The actual problem is that the head is light nougat and, as her name might suggest, Yaz isn’t whiteWhich is thoroughly annoying. At least the head works properly on Mary Cattermole. 

15 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

She’s one of the six main teen characters in the Camp Cretaceous animated spinoff on Netflix - which Lego made a wave of sets to very loosely tie into since, y’know, target demographics. 

The actual problem is that the head is light nougat and, as her name might suggest, Yaz isn’t whiteWhich is thoroughly annoying. At least the head works properly on Mary Cattermole. 

I just looked up pictures of Yaz, and light nougat seems fine to me. Giving her a darker skin tone would like the Cho Chang figures we've had, and people complain about the color lego uses for her. Just saying...

52 minutes ago, Decat said:

I just looked up pictures of Yaz, and light nougat seems fine to me. Giving her a darker skin tone would like the Cho Chang figures we've had, and people complain about the color lego uses for her. Just saying...

Yeah I did the same. Light nougat can be the right choice even when a character's racial or ethnic background may not be called "white".

13 hours ago, Decat said:

My problem is more that she’s noticeably darker than the white characters she shares screen time with, while Cho Chang isn’t. Obviously lego can’t capture anywhere near the full range of skin tones, but how characters look relative to the cast of their franchise definitely should be part of the equation. 

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

My problem is more that she’s noticeably darker than the white characters she shares screen time with, while Cho Chang isn’t. 

Ah, in stills and promotional images even when she's with other characters it doesn't look that way, but I haven't watched the show so I'll take your word for it.

It's definitely tricky and I'm keen to see when and for whom LEGO uses the "new medium brown" skin tone found in the Magical Trunk set.