Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The leak says it also comes with the station, which essentially confirms that the set is in scale with minifigures.

I can imagine the over sized train presented from the side and platform serving just as the background with no need for minfigs to be placed there. Of course this is me playing it safe and managing my expectation to avoid being disappointed.
For now we have only one set which is not a play set confirmed this year (Horntail) and looking at previous year where we had art, maxifigs, Fawkes and Icons sets this looks extremely suspicious considering how big part of Lego portfolio adult sets has become. I'm guessing that the amazing financial numbers and overall growth Lego achieved last year didn't come from kids getting more play-sets but form adults buying for display purposes all kinds of expensive over sized and micro scaled sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

it‘s still crazy to think of a train set that’s this expensive :tongue: I wonder how they justify that

They are expensive, just look at a basic City train set that cost 230$, add a much more detailed train, maybe some extra tracks and a detailed station or two and you are getting close by Lego standards :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stonewars has just published their take on the rumor. From the article:

"A new rumor that was published today on the usually well-informed lego-fulcrum Instagram account now puts forward a whole new thesis that we think is very credible: the new LEGO Harry Potter D2C set is said to be a large and probably very detailed version of the Hogwarts Express and train station!"

Sounds like the rumor is legit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Stonewars has just published their take on the rumor. From the article:

"A new rumor that was published today on the usually well-informed lego-fulcrum Instagram account now puts forward a whole new thesis that we think is very credible: the new LEGO Harry Potter D2C set is said to be a large and probably very detailed version of the Hogwarts Express and train station!"

Sounds like the rumor is legit

It does lend credence, but it's also just them repeating the rumour from Fulcrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Gringotts is now Harry Potter fans phase 2 Cody

Oh, I wouldn't go that far. I have yet to see anyone harassing the LEGO social media for a Gringotts set, nor anyone threatening to quit the hobby because they haven't delivered the one very specific object of desire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steam235 said:

I would love that, my family just saw the play and it was a fantastic experience. But there seems to be a wall between the play and the WB movies. Nothing could be from the movies, House crests had to be different, even the sorting hat had to be a bowler hat rather than the pointy witch hat from the movies.  Lego's license for Harry Potter is through Warner Brothers so I'd guess Cursed Child is a no go.

 

Yes, all the film stuff is Warner Bros but the Cursed Child is still with Jo at this time. So they can’t cross between the two.

 

The Harry Potter don’t often confuses people because they associate it with the films but it was on the books first. 

55 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Oh, I wouldn't go that far. I have yet to see anyone harassing the LEGO social media for a Gringotts set, nor anyone threatening to quit the hobby because they haven't delivered the one very specific object of desire.

Star Wars fans are… their own breed (I’m an ex massive Star Wars fan now casual)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little relieved the D2C is not tempting to me this year because I want several sets already. Looking forward to seeing official pictures, but if the rumor is true, it will be a pass for me. 

For a D2C HE, I think it will be a combination of the SS/PS and the epilogue scene. The Hogsmeade station from SS/PS (with the trio, Hagrid and possibly a boat) and Platform 9 3/4 from the epilogue (with the older trio, Draco and the children). Harrys first journey to Hogwarts and his kids' as well. I imagine a quote would be included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

It does lend credence, but it's also just them repeating the rumour from Fulcrum

Exactly. We have to accept that we‘re denied Gringotts for a third time in a row now, but I‘m not getting aboard this particular train (:tongue:) unless someone else independently corroborates the rumour. Sorry Fulcrum, but you ain‘t fooling me for a fourth time (or a fifth even?)

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Oh, I wouldn't go that far. I have yet to see anyone harassing the LEGO social media for a Gringotts set, nor anyone threatening to quit the hobby because they haven't delivered the one very specific object of desire.

Don‘t jinx it :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They are expensive, just look at a basic City train set that cost 230$, add a much more detailed train, maybe some extra tracks and a detailed station or two and you are getting close by Lego standards :tongue:

Why sell a train and two stations for $470 when you could just as well sell the train alone for $250? The station‘s an unnecessary inclusion IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly. We have to accept that we‘re denied Gringotts for a third time in a row now, but I‘m not getting aboard this particular train (:tongue:) unless someone else independently corroborates the rumour. Sorry Fulcrum, but you ain‘t fooling me for a fourth time (or a fifth even?)

Out of curiosity, how many body parts are you willing to bet Fulcrum is wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Could it be micro scale, to go with the big micro castle? 

With stations, I can't work out how they'd do the viaduct and keep the train level enough without a chunk of landscaping 

 

Edited by girlie-site-boots
It had posted same thing twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Couldn‘t agree more. While it‘s certainly more worthy of the spot than most of the other set ideas, it‘s still crazy to think of a train set that’s this expensive :tongue: I wonder how they justify that

I couldn’t agree less. There are lots of people who like trains and HP, and think about it. 
Maybe this is a $250 train that is prepared to be motorized, but isn’t…

And instead of the electronics you get an extra car, two stations or some surrounding areas from whatever scene ?

There would be lots of possibilities that way too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Could it be micro scale, to go with the big micro castle? 

With stations, I can't work out how they'd do the viaduct and keep the train level enough without a chunk of landscaping 

 

Yes, however if it is not a train in system scale they are loosing all the train fans as buyers :sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

There would be lots of possibilities that way too. 

My point is not that it‘s hard to decide what to include in a set like that for $500. They could easily do it for $1000 by including even more stuff :tongue: My point is that this should‘ve been a $250 set instead. Do we *really* need the station(s) too?

57 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Could it be micro scale, to go with the big micro castle? 

So you want this for $470? :laugh_hard:

75964-3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My point is not that it‘s hard to decide what to include in a set like that for $500. They could easily do it for $1000 by including even more stuff :tongue: My point is that this should‘ve been a $250 set instead. Do we *really* need the station(s) too? 

If it comes with the powered up components, I can see them justifying the price (a battery box alone costs $50 retail). Otherwise I 100% agree with you - even $400 would be somewhat okay for the set. But $470 seems crazy to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well that’s incredibly disappointing for the D2C. I guess I just need to come to the fact that LEGO will never cater a D2C to me

That being said, if they made it in the style of Studgate from the BrickLink Designer Program, I think it could be cool.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/215385/Train-Station:-Studgate

I’m way more interested in the King’s Crossing build than the train.

Edited by Modal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

It does lend credence, but it's also just them repeating the rumour from Fulcrum

Yes, except for the fact that the author calls it a "thesis we think is very credible". This could mean "we think Fulcrum is credible" or "we think the thesis Fulcrum is positing is credible, independent of Fulcrum who also happens to be putting it forward", or perhaps both. Not meaning to be nitpicky, but their article isn't necessarily just parroting what Fulcrum said. It sounds as though its their own, independent assessment of the rumor that has been added to Fulcrum's, but perhaps I am wrong. Either way, if the rumor is true I am excited for a huge HE. 

Edited by mirkwoodspiders
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s be honest, we all know the rumor is correct. It makes too much sense with how LEGO operates recently. It’s like how they prioritize the Star Wars Original Trilogy so much - with HP they will always focus on the same main topics year after year because they sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lego disney train with station was £300 so say we had the same with Hogsmeade station too then it would be easy enough to get to the price point (still seems way more than it needed to be).  As much as it's hardly a solid source, a Hogwarts Express D2C is a no brainer at some point assuming there's a few years to go.

In other news...

My latest obsessing over the summer wave yielded an observation that the top right room of Grimmauld place seems to be Regulus' room - the top left room is clearly Sirius' room with the Gryffindor plaque. But the other bedroom has what I'm sure is another Slytherin's locket piece above the window, even if you can only see a bit of the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Modal said:

Let’s be honest, we all know the rumor is correct. It makes too much sense with how LEGO operates recently. It’s like how they prioritize the Star Wars Original Trilogy so much - with HP they will always focus on the same main topics year after year because they sell.

That doesn't really scan with what we've had in the current iteration of Lego Harry Potter. By my count, we've had only a handful of duplicate builds:

  • The Whomping Willow in the titular 2018 set and also the upcoming Shrieking Shack set
  • The Hogwarts Express in the titular 2018 set and the upcoming D2C

By and large, over five years of the theme, they've covered DIFFERENT topics. Even the two Whomping Willow sets are from different movies, and the chances are the Hogwarts Express is from a different movie too.

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

My latest obsessing over the summer wave yielded an observation that the top right room of Grimmauld place seems to be Regulus' room - the top left room is clearly Sirius' room with the Gryffindor plaque. But the other bedroom has what I'm sure is another Slytherin's locket piece above the window, even if you can only see a bit of the side.

That's a good spot! It's hard to tell for sure whether it is, but it does seem the most likely candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yes, except for the fact that the author calls it a "thesis we think is very credible". This could mean "we think Fulcrum is credible" or "we think the thesis Fulcrum is positing is credible, independent of Fulcrum who also happens to be putting it forward", or perhaps both. Not meaning to be nitpicky, but their article isn't necessarily just parroting what Fulcrum said. It sounds as though its their own, independent assessment of the rumor that has been added to Fulcrum's, but perhaps I am wrong. Either way, if the rumor is true I am excited for a huge HE. 

Either way, it's a credible theory to have. Didn't we spend a load of time, 30 pages back, discussing Hogwarts as a possible D2C and how it could match up with the $470 price tag if you consider the Disney Train, a second station, and inflation.

But it doesn't mean it's right. I've given up hoping for specific things though. There is so much good stuff out there, I'm going to be delighted if it's something that appeals to me, and relieved if it's not (but delighted for those that want it).

If they do make the D2C Hogwarts Express, then it would be a real shame if they only focused on Platform 9 3/4 rather than giving a fuller build of King's Cross. But at the same time, King's Cross would then be huge. Interested to see how they interpret a major station in a D2C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Gringgotts, what a relief. There are enough good sets to keep me occupied already without another $470 dropped. 
I'd rather have it be a $200 set with a dragon anyway without any forgettable shops as padding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the sentiment here is the same as mine: Sometimes getting details on a set is a relief because you don't have to pay for it.

A Hogwarts Express at this price is awesome...just not for me, especially when I satisfied any desire for a train with the Disneyland one.

6 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I'd rather have it be a $200 set with a dragon anyway without any forgettable shops as padding. 

Agreed. I'm still trying to justify spending money on Diagon Alley and haven't yet. It'd be awful if this year's D2C set had been Gringotts/more Diagon Alley, amounting to needing $1000 just to "get it all."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost $500 for yet another Hogwarts Express is an instant pass for me. Between the recent DeLorean and the rumors of a D2C Sanctum Sanctorum for Marvel, there's plenty else for me to focus on this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brickbobstudpants :laugh: i wasn't quite thinking that micro more same sort of scale the micro figures could actually fit in. The same as the castle. 

Station at each end, mountains, the viaduct, maybe some other micro hogsmeade buildings. I just cant see how they'd do the rails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, mixed feelings. I didn't really expect it to be Gringotts considering about a year ago LEGO said they were aware about fans wanting an expansion to the DA D2C, Gringotts in particular, but that they didn't have any current plans for it. And since that's about when this year's D2C should have been "in development" so to speak, I figured there was no way we would see Gringotts this year. Although I'm afraid way too wishful thinking got the better of me anyway.

That being said, I kinda hope this set is something like a "Journey to Hogwarts" set. But it needs to include at least some things for me to be interested.

(Spoiler tags so it won't clutter the topic)

A motorised train, not too different from the 2018 Hogwarts Express, but with 2 or 3 more carriages, like maybe one for each house I feel is a given, would be really weird it it's smaller than the 2018 one and still not motorised.

I would also like the Hogsmeade Station. With the Shrieking Shack releasing in a few months the only 2 important Hogsmeade locations left are the station and the Hog's Head inn. And I have the feeling we won't be seeing another Hogwarts Express for years as long as the D2C is available, so it's pretty much now or never (or at least not for many years).

Platform 9 3/4 would be nice as well too match with the rails and stuff. Don't think we'll see the entirety of King's Cross though.

I also can see them including a Ford Anglia considering Privet Drive probably won't be around for much longer and the whomping willow is already on shelves.

Lastly maybe a boat or 2, maybe even a tiny boathouse if they'll go really crazy, totally depending on the scale of all of it. Thus completing the journey to Hogwarts.

For figures I would really want the epilogue characters. I feel like this is the only set they could appear in, very unlikely for them to pop up in a regular set. I also feel like that for a $469,99 system scale set we should be getting quite some figures, especially as many of the characters that could appear in this already have parts available. I would look at the Daily Bugle, which had 25 figures, 10 of which from older sets, 9 cobbled together, 6 of which completely new with 11 new prints. Not to mention 15 new printed tiles as newspapers. So taking that into account and considering the 12 epilogue characters are fairly generic dressed I feel like it's quite easily achievable with a mix of new and old prints.

Then for reused characters maybe 2 dementors, Hagrid, DA D2C Casual Harry, Dark Tan Sweater Ron, Non sorted Hermione and Lupin.

Lastly, a poa trolley witch would be nice, and considering the leaks maybe a suited Voldemort.

And that makes 21, really does sound reasonable for this big of a (assumingly) system set. Plus there are characters for every section, epilogue and voldy for platform 9 3/4, Ron for the Ford Anglia, Hermione, Harry, Dementors, Lupin and Witch for the Hogwarts Express and Hagrid for Hogsmeade and the Boats, might even throw in some cobbled together unsorted students like Neville and Draco.

I mean the entire weasley family would be fun as well, molly for one requires a new hair/hat combo, and we've already gotten variants of all the other members in different sets this year, except for Ginny. Plus we're still getting the exclusive book percy, would be slightly odd if they released that after he appeared in the d2c first, although not unthinkable.

Sure, this is all really wishful thinking, but it at least needs to include some of this stuff for me to even consider it. I think epilogue characters is probably what makes or breaks the set for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.