Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Seaber said:

DHI: Ginny, Neville, Lavender, Seamus, Katie, Cormac, Nigel, Cho, Padma, Leanne, Goyle, Blaise, Pansy, Carrow Twins, Death Eaters

I have to say, this would be a very bold figure line-up. I'd be surprised to see a D2C without Harry - but I'd be down for it.

The station being included suggests a minifig scale train, which can surely not be worth more than $250, in which case half of the set would be dedicated to background fodder :tongue: 

Weird year where the D2C set is by far the least interesting out of all of them :poke:

Maybe it’s a Cursed Child set :wink:

(seriously though that would be awesome) 

I just wonder what they can add to it over the 2018 Express to make it so expensive? Seems odd 

8 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Will it be King’s Cross or Hogsmeade I wonder?

For that price, it could well be both!

Wouldn't it be funny if Lego gave us the only OotP-style death eaters in a 470€ train set....:wacko:. Anyway, if DA is anything to go by, I'd guess that the set would have mostly new (and boring-ish) variants of existing characters + perhaps some new scene-specific characters. Probably DA Harry, Hagrid, and (perhaps) the station guard; Molly, Ron, Ginny, F&G, and Percy in exclusive clothes; Hermione in robes and a new trolley witch. Additionally, new variants from the epilogue. That would already be a crazy number of minifigures with only the 'essentials' so I don't see us getting lesser known students or the Carrows. 

This is of course assuming that the focus is on PS and DH2. They could also focus on PoA but I doubt it due it being the focus of the previous playset.

Edited by thenudeorganist

36 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Out of curiosity, @Seaber do you remember all the scenes from the movie? I hardly remember what I ate yesterday, but that's me :facepalm: :snicker:

Ha! No, I have seen them so many times I remember where they vaguely fall in the films and just check out the relevant scenes :D

35 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I have to say, this would be a very bold figure line-up. I'd be surprised to see a D2C without Harry - but I'd be down for it.

Although I'd love a lineup this bold, I doubt we'd see it :D I reckon Kings Cross is more likely than Hogsmeade if we were to get one station, and PS/CoS the most likely setting. I don't really care about the epilogue, but I know others do, there are six kids and six parents featured which is quite an undertaking.

It would also allow another Flying Ford Anglia, perhaps in slightly larger and more detailed scale which could fit four figures inside. 

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I do hope we get adult Harry and his whole family. Seems like the only set that we could get them in.

We could also see them in an anniversary AP released on Sept 1 at some point. That would be cute. And as they can also serve as background characters in other scenes to flesh out the WW, that might not be such a wild guess after last year's random witchards pack. (Although the first and last years have a nice bookend approach lego might not be able to resist.)

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Feels like @Falconfan1414 also heard about this one, as he outright said we're not getting a Gringotts this year.

Agreeing with @BrickMatit on this one. Could just as easily still be DA2 w/out Gringotts off Falconfan's comment. Trust the leaker you know... :wink:

@Seaber I think PoA is the only one I'd rule out after the last Express set. And considering the 2001 & 2004 HE releases, Hogsmeade Station seems more likely then 9 3/4 this time around. Plus we now have the Thestral carriage for the later years... We shall eventually see, even if it's not this year. :classic:

After getting over the fact this isn't Gringotts it becomes a really exciting prospect for a set. Just imagine the detail they can pull off with such a big budget for this set, I wouldn't even mind if it's not powered up in exchange for a much more detailed station build to make such a good looking display model.

Also, just because Gringotts hasn't happened this year dosen't mean it won't happen going foward. If anything out constant wishing for it will push them even more to make it so I wouldn't rule it out at all for 2023 or beyond given how popular Diagon Alley has been and the fan demand. The rumour it was coming this year didn't just appear out of thin air... 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Feels like @Falconfan1414 also heard about this one, as he outright said we're not getting a Gringotts this year.

Has he though? Maybe it‘s just based on what Fulcrum said :tongue: Not that I don’t trust @Falconfan1414, but I‘ll wait for Promobricks / Stonewars to comment on it. Fulcrum just isn‘t trustworthy anymore

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

I don’t think they would Cursed Child set - this scrapbook is…not so great. This is awkward & nonsense, just saying. 

This may be a controversial opinion BUT, perhaps the set isn't JUST the train and station. The price simply seems absurd for just the train and station, so what if it's like 'Hogwarts surrounding areas' or something like that - where the train is a big feature - but not the entirety. We may get Hogsmeade station, part of forbidden forest, more thestral carriages, black lake maybe. Last year for icons it was rumoured to be 'just hedwig' early on - where Hedwig was a big feature - but not the entirety. Also for a harry potter minifig scale d2c, people will be expecting tons of figures and for a simply Kings Cross, we'll be getting random city-esque minifig mash-ups which won't be very desirable for most fans.

I just can’t imagine spending close to $500 on a Hogwarts Express. Especially knowing a big chunk of that will only be because it’s motorized. Obviously I have to see the set first, but it sounds like this might be the first Potter D2C I’ll skip. A $250 Hogwarts Express D2C sounds about right. But almost $500? Absolutely not

On the other hand, since I don’t think I’ve commented on it here yet, the main wave is great! Hogwarts builds are terrible as usual these days but the wave overall is really good, especially Grimmauld Place and the Ministry. And finally the Shrieking Shack! 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

9 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Okay, so Fulcrum's saying the D2C is the Hogwarts Express and a station, soooooooooooo...... now what?

Now, I die again.

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

A $250 Hogwarts Express D2C sounds about right. But almost $500? Absolutely not

Couldn‘t agree more. While it‘s certainly more worthy of the spot than most of the other set ideas, it‘s still crazy to think of a train set that’s this expensive :tongue: I wonder how they justify that

5 hours ago, uPawelek said:

Why some of us so easly assume that Hogwarts Express will be minifig scale with wide selection of minifigs? Last year HP D2C and overall TLG direction for adult sets sends pretty clear message - over sized set + stand with 2-3 minifigs. I can easily see 470 USD set containing exactly the same elements as the one form 2018 but much bigger and much more detailed + some exclusive minifigs on the stand. If people are buying an enormous Titanic set I guess a big train will sell as well. This is for what I'm preparing myself but I would love to be surprised :)

The leak says it also comes with the station, which essentially confirms that the set is in scale with minifigures.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Is Fulcrum the only source on this? Not believing it until a reliable leaker confirms it :tongue: After his No Way Home, Mario CMF, and Rex & Cody accessory pack bullsh*t he first has to earn back my trust

Hasn't he scooped quite a few people lately? If I remember correctly, he got the Korg accessory pack right and first, and looking back through his account, it looks like he got something from BttF correct, not to mention FF is backing him up here, so it is probably correct. I'm willing to bet he had some sort of incident where he got false info, but other than the legohio incident (and I'm not even sure he bought into those), which I think damn near everyone fell for, he has been reliable since then.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Has he though? Maybe it‘s just based on what Fulcrum said :tongue: Not that I don’t trust @Falconfan1414, but I‘ll wait for Promobricks / Stonewars to comment on it. Fulcrum just isn‘t trustworthy anymore

Hey I’m deeply offended :laugh_hard: if my 2 cents helps here this should be it

Gringotts is now Harry Potter fans phase 2 Cody

I think this could be good especially if they do epilogue characters and designs. Gringotts felt like a much more obvious pick but I guess they could be waiting to see if the ministry sells and make gringotts fully deathly hallows? I’m not sure to me a not obvious but decent pick 

3 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

I just wonder what they can add to it over the 2018 Express to make it so expensive? Seems odd 

I would love that, my family just saw the play and it was a fantastic experience. But there seems to be a wall between the play and the WB movies. Nothing could be from the movies, House crests had to be different, even the sorting hat had to be a bowler hat rather than the pointy witch hat from the movies.  Lego's license for Harry Potter is through Warner Brothers so I'd guess Cursed Child is a no go.

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hey I’m deeply offended :laugh_hard: if my 2 cents helps here this should be it

Gringotts is now Harry Potter fans phase 2 Cody

Whoops, my apologies :grin:

If they continue like that, DA will retire before a Gringotts set gets released :tongue: It really has become our Phase II Cody now!

I would be bitter about that, if it weren‘t for the excellent June wave :wub:

14 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I know what none of these bold words mean... :laugh: Ditto @BrickBob Studpants. Someone care to translate? 

Commander Cody is a popular character in Star Wars who has never been released in his Phase 2 armour despite frequent rumours to that effect!

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The leak says it also comes with the station, which essentially confirms that the set is in scale with minifigures.

I can imagine the over sized train presented from the side and platform serving just as the background with no need for minfigs to be placed there. Of course this is me playing it safe and managing my expectation to avoid being disappointed.
For now we have only one set which is not a play set confirmed this year (Horntail) and looking at previous year where we had art, maxifigs, Fawkes and Icons sets this looks extremely suspicious considering how big part of Lego portfolio adult sets has become. I'm guessing that the amazing financial numbers and overall growth Lego achieved last year didn't come from kids getting more play-sets but form adults buying for display purposes all kinds of expensive over sized and micro scaled sets.