Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Scuhro52 said:

Oh? I didn't notice... Wonder if there is any production reason? I really liked the New Ones...

Not sure if there are any production reasons, but canonically the brooms in the Room of Requirement are all old discarded brooms, so it could be a narrative reason 

32 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Not sure if there are any production reasons, but canonically the brooms in the Room of Requirement are all old discarded brooms, so it could be a narrative reason 

Oh yes, that would make a lot of sense, and it's an interesting reference to the history of lego bricks, I really loved that explanation, but on the Gryffindor House Banner set, Angelina also has an old model broom, I don't think they would put that model in this set if they wanted to still use the old model. I didn't particularly like the brooms update, yes it was something that needed to be updated and I've been wanting this since 2018 but I didn't like how it was executed by them in 2022.

I like the old broom, I have loads and don’t plan on replacing it, as a 1 part accessory it works well for the prop, my lifelong complaint about it is the choice of soft plastic which scratches and scars awfully by Minifigure hands. The hard plastic antenna used for the new brooms solves that problem but I don’t think the brush looks much better, it should have been more pointy 

I also thought they did the new broom specifically for the Firebolt so they could have his foot holders on there (even though as a minifigure he can't reach them). So I don't know if they were planning switching full time or just wanted it for that one set narrative. But that opens it up for other sets or reasons down the line if they did decide to keep using the newer style. Clearly being a HP fan for so long and having all of those brooms plus extras from multiple Quidditch sets, I don't picture myself ever switching over, unless I acquired enough in sets going forward to replace what was needed. But I'd never buy any secondhand.

I bought a few of the new broom brush part off PAB just so I could make a few more copies of the newer broom.  I have so many of the old version that I doubt I would bother swapping everything to the new version.  It seems to be a bit too bulky to me and the foot holders are quite awkward. 

I like the lego idea of making the broom handle separate from the broom bristles, so you can assemble different brooms with different handle colors. What I didn't like was the format of the broom bristles, they could have different formats and especially a format that had those prettier tips like the Nimbus 2000. And I could even create a new exclusive piece, without being reused, for the support of foot.

19 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I like the old broom, I have loads and don’t plan on replacing it, as a 1 part accessory it works well for the prop, my lifelong complaint about it is the choice of soft plastic which scratches and scars awfully by Minifigure hands. The hard plastic antenna used for the new brooms solves that problem but I don’t think the brush looks much better, it should have been more pointy 

About the material that is used for the brooms, I know what you are talking about, I have a broom from a 2001 set that is like this. But given the problem of brown parts breaking, I prefer scratched over broken.

I just finished building the new Hogwarts Express that I got for Christmas -- what a stunning piece! The minifigures are fantastic (but of course I need adult Ron and Hermione, too). The build was enjoyable and I'm more impressed with the set than I was expecting to be.

The new March sets look incredible. I'm surprised that people aren't more favourable to the Banners sets: doesn't this set a precedent for more book-only content? The Ravenclaw Common Room is obviously based on the description from the seventh book, but the Hufflepuff Common Room looks to be based on a piece of original writing Rowling wrote for Pottermore (even down to the round windows). I also love that we get a nod to the entrance to the kitchens, there. I wonder if the release of Hogwarts Legacy, which includes all four Common Rooms, might have made it easier for WB to allow Lego to release these sets? [Side note: I'm counting down the days for HL, I even bought a PS5 for it... Anyone else?]

I'm perched to see what else is in store for 2023: really hoping for some more Deathly Hallows set and at least one Philosopher's Stone set (sorry, but it's my favourite movie - perhaps one of the final challenges, the troll or [best of all] a new Hagrid's Hut). I am also team CMF Series 3: please make it happen, Lego! It's interesting that some YouTubers are claiming there might be two D2Cs; JediJACPenguin seems to hint at Gringotts and a large Knight Bus. I need Gringotts!

Nothing will ever beat the excitement of the reveal of the 2022 summer sets for me: I was sitting in the cinema with my cousin waiting for Secrets of Dumbledore to begin (which I ADORED), and the never-before-seen Dumbledore's Office was advertised on the big screen! I quickly checked Instagram and realised it had been revealed that day to tie into the UK's release of the movie. And then when I got home, I saw that the whole wave was revealed! I'm still sad that there wasn't any new FB sets -- I'm still holding out hope, and I refuse to believe this is the end of the moves; I love the stories and the characters dearly and I need to see how it ends, in some form or another! 

No third CMF series, so we can bury this topic for now and most likely dig it up again in a year, where it makes even less sense :tongue: (assuming that quite a few wishlist characters will be featured in the 2HY sets)

29 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Bloody Marvel. The sooner this superhero fad goes the way of the Western the better! 

It‘s here to stay :tongue: And it‘s not like they would‘ve made a third series if it weren‘t for Marvel, not sure where the bitterness is coming from

19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s here to stay :tongue: And it‘s not like they would‘ve made a third series if it weren‘t for Marvel, not sure where the bitterness is coming from

I’m just sick of superheroes. They’re everywhere and I don’t like them 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I’m just sick of superheroes. They’re everywhere and I don’t like them 🤷‍♂️

And other people don‘t like Harry Potter. To each their own :classic:

Anyway, back to the set list! 

9 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

I'm perched to see what else is in store for 2023: really hoping for some more Deathly Hallows set and at least one Philosopher's Stone set (sorry, but it's my favourite movie - perhaps one of the final challenges, the troll or [best of all] a new Hagrid's Hut).

The troll scene is perhaps THE key moment from PS that‘s still missing, would love a set based on that! A PS Hagrid‘s Hut would be neat too, especially since the last version would be 4 years old by the time the 2HY wave gets released.

And DH stuff is always more than welcome :moar:

I think that now my most wanted figures are new or updated versions of existing character (although I do really want Lee Jordan, Bill and Xenophilius). I really want a new Hagrid without his overcoat, the winter trio (I've seen hats in Friends and City sets that would be perfect for Ron and Hermione), wedding variants, DH Pt.II Ron, prologue Hermione, Ron and their children. Seeing what they did for Victor, I also really want an improved Mrs. Weasley (I saw a 2023 Friends hair that looked like it would work great for her) and a printed-black dress Bellatrix. Oh, and of course Narcissa! And a OOtP-style Death Eater (lots of them)! And Dobby in his shoes! Just give me all the figs!

I think we should add Alicia Spinnet and Katie Bell to the minifgures we still need, too - even without Katie's expanded role in HBP, it would be fantastic to get the full (dream) team and remember Lego gave us (and named!) Lucian Bole and Marcus Flint. 

I am also desperate for a Fang, and also a pygmy puff and a better representation of Crookshanks, too. I think my most wanted set is a tent from DH -- but who knows if that will ever appear. 

44 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And DH stuff is always more than welcome :moar:

It's so exciting to think that this years sets could literally be from any one of the films -- the June 2022 and March 2023 waves have really set an exciting precedent! I'm currently re-reading the books and I love thinking about all the things Lego could cover next.

2 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Bloody Marvel. The sooner this superhero fad goes the way of the Western the better! 

I must admit that I share your sentiment, but these films are so hugely popular and profitable so there's clearly an audience for them! I really like Spider-Man and Batman (mainly in their video game and comic book forms) but the Marvel multiverse does nothing for me. But with Lego, there's room for everyone!

This theme is still going strong and I can’t wait to see what the future holds, it’s been a great year with some outstanding sets such as Grimmauld Place, Shreaking Shack and our first deathly hallows sets too and fantastic figures I never expected to get such as Madame Pince and Madame Pomfrey!

What I wish more of from the the theme in general:

More Instances of Y3-7 Dumbledore instead of the repeated Y1-2 version 

More appearances of minor students such a as Seamus Finnigan, Pansy Parkinson, Crabbe, Goyle, Lee Jordan at various ages and less of Neville Longbottom unless he is actually important for the scene

The continued use of the pixie and hopefully grindylow and Nifler too as magical animals in the background across various sets (a new Hagrid’s hut could have a Nifler nest hidden somewhere for example)

A new coat colour/print for Hagrid

Generic masked (OotP) Death Eaters!

More on screen Variants of Lockheart, Slughorn, Sirius and Lucius even if they are book exclusives or in the Advent Calendars as we did have this year

Happy New Year everyone! 

20 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

It's already dying and I'm with you,sick and tired of it myself.

As for another HP cmf,what else can they do with this series?Unless they focus on obscure characters I can't imagine justifying another series.And considering the nature of cmf (if there is another series in the future) most of the characters will end up being popular characters with exclusive outfits.