Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

43 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

“Dobby likes Professor Dumbledore very much, sir, and is proud to keep his secrets and our silence for him.” :cry_happy:

Is that a no then? 🤣

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Although I would personally add Bill Weasley and Rufus Scrimgeour  to that list 

Good point, Bill is important as well, as is Aberforth! I could live without Scrimgeour, but then again, I wouldn‘t mind another minifig based on Bill Nighy :grin:

49 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

“Dobby likes Professor Dumbledore very much, sir, and is proud to keep his secrets and our silence for him.” :cry_happy:

*Hope for Dobby‘s sock UCS set itensifies*

Yeah, I can‘t stop beating the everlasting sh*t out of that particular dead horse :head_back:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Good point, Bill is important as well, as is Aberforth! I could live without Scrimgeour, but then again, I wouldn‘t mind another minifig based on Bill Nighy :grin:

You know what other variants I oddly would love? DH Pt 2 Fred and George with the purple and green tops they wear. I love those outfits!

15 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is that a no then? 🤣

Maybe it was a hint, maybe it wasnt :look:

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*Hope for Dobby‘s sock UCS set itensifies*

Yeah, I can‘t stop beating the everlasting sh*t out of that particular dead horse :head_back:

Just like with Gringotts, if we ask for long enough we'll finally get it 

10 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Maybe it was a hint, maybe it wasnt :look:

Have you considered a career in politics? :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Just like with Gringotts, if we ask for long enough we'll finally get it 

The day we can celebrate our glorious victory will come

20 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Hmm… that particular quote is from a scene (and, in fact, an entire side story) that was entirely cut out of the movies, so this isn’t a direct reference to a scene that could be made into a set. So, Dumbledore or Dobby making an appearance? Dobby could easily appear in a Malfoy Manor set (and though he wouldn’t appear in person, Shell Cottage could also be a possibility). Dumbledore could appear in any number of sets - personally I think we’re overdue for a reappearance of Gambon!Dumbledore from PoA and on. Though if we’re specifically talking about Dumbledore’s secrets then we could be talking about the Hog’s Head (I’d wish for SoD sets but I fear that’s pretty hopeless now). 

Also, I hope we keep getting more DH sets. Lots of potential ideas... off the top of my head in Pt 1: Battle of the Seven Potters (A way to get Bill) The Wedding Attack (Death Eaters maybe?) Obviously we just got the Ministry infiltration, Xenophilus House, the fight with Bellatrix at Malfoy Manner. DH Pt. 2 definitely Gringotts no question, the part with Neville and the wooden bridge (Neville and Ginny) loads of various fight scenes arpund different castle with parts of the castle you can destroy, the forest where Harry "dies", final duel?! Idk just a few ideas that I think would make logically the most sense 🤷🏻🤔

On 12/20/2022 at 9:33 AM, Rolyat24 said:

I wonder if we’re getting ahead of ourselves by assuming we’ll see a new castle system this soon. There’s new leadership working on the theme now so we can’t exactly go off of previous patterns. Not to mention the 2018-2021 system used well known areas of the real castle, so was bound to be “complete” at some point, whereas this new castle in theory could keep going for a very long time. Of course, at some point they’ll want to make an updated Great Hall, which I suppose would be what ushers in the new system. But even then, there’s nothing really stopping them from making a new Great Hall in this same style. 

While I’m hopeful for a new system as early as 2024, I’m not entirely certain it’s guaranteed at this point. 

New leadership will probably want to do their own thing and bring their own spin to the line rather than stick with what came before, regardless of the quality of the current system. 3 years is the standard for LEGO and it gives the new leadership a year to settle in before another soft reboot. I would be surprised if it lasted into summer 2024. As for the 2018 era ending while I could believe that they ran out of recognizable buildings at first, the marketing of the current reboot quite thoroughly disproves that old theory. If consumers will buy sets with buildings as niche and even made up as the ones covering the front of the boxes for all the new Hogwarts sets (bar the Great Hall and Clock tower which actually are recognizable) then I don’t think something like the bell towers would’ve actually been that hard of a sell. 

I’ll be interested to see what happens with the current castle system under new leadership though. They’ve historically struggled to decide to make decent interiors or decent exteriors each wave of this new system and based on the new ROR they’ve chosen to do neither. Looking at this castle format as whole there’s an incredible lack of classrooms considering it’s meant to be a school. DADA and the cramped astronomy room are all this system has unless I’m missing something. obviously that’s because of the Moments books (releasing competing interior hogwarts based sets probably wasn’t a great idea for this system) but now that those are gone I think getting a classroom set in the box style seems like a realistic guess for summer 2023. 

Good thing TLG officially revealed the March sets already since they’re not featured in the consumer catalogue, at least not in the German version. The upcoming Dots sets are also only teased.

At this point, they shouldn’t call it the “January to June” catalogue anymore, as it doesn’t feature anything that’s released after January from what I’ve seen :head_back:

On 12/22/2022 at 5:30 AM, MaxHeadroom said:

I’ll be interested to see what happens with the current castle system under new leadership though.

I hope there is a change in design for the Hogwarts sections, although I have enjoyed both the 2018-20 and 2021-present styles. Hopefully any changes in future can be best of both.

1. A return to exteriors based on how the buildings appear in the films and a return to grey roofs from the 18-20 sets would be preferable, with uniform window piece colours. For example, all window frames reddish brown and window panes black, rather than the mix we've had recently. 

2. The interiors have really improved recently, so it would be good to keep getting sets with full interiors, unlike the 2018 Great Hall with its barren rooms in the tower. 

3. Since the start being able to connect buildings in multiple places to other modules is great and should be continued, but the modular style of the 2021-present shouldn't be to the detraction of the first point. 

4. There are still many parts of Hogwarts that have never had a proper set, like the Owlery, Bell Towers and Boathouse. Even though the Owlery is serperate from the castle, having it as a connectable module would be fine, the same for the Boathouse. Using a more recognisably shaped building like the Bell Towers would have been a good way of doing the 2023 Room of Requirement. Like the 2020 Astronomy Tower had the Viaduct Entrance as the location for Slughorn's Party, the new ROR could have replaced the miscellaneous exterior for something more pleasant. 

5. Bridges! There are four very different looking bridges in Hogwarts, all could be constructed as a module between two buildings, allowing the longer Viaduct and Wooden Bridge to be extended with extra sets to the buyer's content. They're also a good way of getting height without using too many pieces. At least two of the bridges get destroyed too, so play features right there. 

On 12/20/2022 at 11:55 PM, Brick Clicker said:

“Dumbledore”…”secrets”…”secrets”…”Dumbledore”…

The secrets of… Dumbledore?!

…I think I figured it out!! This means: *oh2*

…That the FB franchise is still as dead as a doornail and we will never ever get another set based on it :head_back: At least they reference Newt in the Hufflepuff banner, that‘s something I guess :shrug_oh_well:

Seriously though, can‘t wait for the 2HY list!

Oh that little Grindylow is cute. And I like that it looks like it's from the same design family as the pixie. It makes for more harmonious displays. 

ETA: @BrickBob Studpants there were six pix of the Second Task on their FB page with two three of the banner set boxes visible in the background. Were there pictures of other sets shown elsewhere? (u. frohes Fest 🎄😊)

Edited by krimimimi

(Warning this is a long post)

Love getting Rita finally, not my ideal way but we are lucky to get her at all! I’m sure somebody at Lego group is reading this forum and taking notes on our wants :)

I saw people were talking about CMF series 3… I would love it too but I don’t think it’s likely but you never know

A year or so ago I shared a list of possible series 3, 4 and 5 based on the pattern of the first two, and Many of the characters in that spreadsheet have been made in the last couple of waves of sets (werewolf, Kreacher, Tonks, Pomfrey, Luna with baby Thestral, Grey Lady etc), here it is again for anyone curious:

Harry Potter CMF 1 to 5 (Speculation)

I definitely think a solid and successful series 3 is still physically  possible with what’s not covered yet, but I agree with other comments that with the theme being evergreen now they are likely saving things for sets to keep the theme alive for longer. 

I'm not making a new spreadsheet as I can’t think of an equal number for each slot any more instead here is my personal complete list of candidates for a given 12 figure CMF series format (down from 16). Some of these could be suitable for an advent calendar or figure pack as it’s mostly new prints and recolours, not a lot of obvious new moulds left to make…

Golden Trio: 

DH1 (will reading or wedding) with broken mirror, snitch, deluminator, pouch bag & Tales of Beedle the Bard book as accessories. 

Or

Young versions wearing new cardigans (Norbert hatching scene) with new moulds of Fang, Norbert and a specific Nimbus 2000 mould 

Or 

Y3 Hogsmeade variants with accurate hats etc (snowball scene), could come with new pints of sweets or an exclusive chocolate frog card each such as Merlin, Karkaroff and Grindelwald etc

Dark wizard, pick 1:

Lucius Malfoy (Y5 Death Eater, mask print on head reverse), with prophesy and new staff snake head top

Voldemort with angry grimacing expression and the large black flying/smoke stand

Students (combined with the old Neville and Luna slot) pick any 3:

Lee Jordon & quidditch scoreboard

Y4 Draco Malfoy in robes & ferret

Tom Riddle (Slughorn’s memory) & the ring 

Luna Lovegood (wedding)

Ginny Weasley (wedding) with Pygmy puff

Percy Weasley a new hat/hair mould and new printed flying Errol the great grey owl 

Cormac Mclaggen (quidditch, with brown shoulder pads)

Y1 Neville in pyjamas with a new giant toad specifically for Trevor/singing toads, (doesn’t replace the classic frog)

Y4 Neville in lake task clothes, earmuffs, gillyweed printed tile.

Y5 Neville with striped cardigan and mimbulus mimbletonia

Ramilda Vane (with love chocolates, card etc)

2nd task Fleur with grindylow variant, bubble face print

2nd task Cedric with grindylow variant, bubble face print

Cho Chang (winter clothes or 2nd task robes) perhaps with a new flying owl print/colour

Seamus Finnigan (Y5/6) with new fox mould as a patronus. We have only had him with short legs so far. 

Young Newt Scamander in robes with new bowtruckle 

Hogwarts resident (includes the old Dumbledore slot), pick any 2: 

Y6 Dumbledore (grey hand) with new flying Phoenix (pose similar to the Flying eagle) 

The Bloody Barron (new wig mould)

The Fat Friar 

younger Slughorn from the memory with a new green hourglass, could also be in his striped pyjamas. 

Lockheart in his gold teaching cloak with a pixie variant 

Lockheart in his duelling club outfit with a black cobra

Lockheart in green cloak from the quidditch scene, perhaps with one of his books

Professor Vector 

Magical creature, pick 1:

Gringots Head Goblin with newspaper reporting the PS break-in. New mould for a bald goblin with long ears sticking out sideways.

Firenze the centaur (But I would much rather have an actual Forest set with a new Hagrid with moleskin coat etc)

Other characters from the wizarding world (includes old OotP slot) pick any 2:

Karkaroff* (white coat) & gold staf  

Xenopheliois Lovegood (gold wedding suit) 

Narcissa Malfoy

Aberforth Dumbledore with goat patronus

Aunt Marge with ripper 

Fudge (Wizardingmort), gabble, new hat 

Rufus Scrimgeour, printed tile will, suitcase. (I think this figure would be good in a store exclusive character pack)

New Mrs Weasley variant with a new hat/hair combo mould (platform scene) 

Sirius Black (train station or a different suit variant), OotP photo.

*put his less interesting black outfit in a ship set, Barty Crouch Sr too.

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

From @pricyplasticproduct: 

August 1 
76414 $65 
76415 $80 
76416 $65 
76422 $90 
76423 $130 

Another expensive wave! 
There are some good $25/30 or less sets they need to do: Department of mystery battle (for masked death eaters), detention in the forest, the final challenge/winged keys etc . 

I hope the $90 or $130 set is the Durmstrang Ship 😃

Sorry if someone already said this, but I didn't see it. Did you notice that LEGO went back on the new brooms? in the 2023 sets they returned to using the classic ones.

Captura%20de%20Tela%20(775).png

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

August 1 
76414 $65 
76415 $80 
76416 $65 
76422 $90 
76423 $130 

Thanks! Unless there are some numbers missing, a Battle of the seven Potters set can be ruled out :shrug_oh_well: Of course there is a lot of potential for other cool set ideas based on DH!

I‘m hoping for Gringotts to be the $130 one

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

August 1 
76414 $65 
76415 $80 
76416 $65 
76422 $90 
76423 $130 

This looks incomplete so maybe there’s more. 

we got numbers for 414, 415, 416, 417, 428, and 419 already. 

This list would indicate there’s a 76421 as well (420 being the black lake).

one of those not mentioned above will be the AC and I wonder if there’ll be a D2C this year? 

I suppose the Dots could cover some of the missing numbers. 

pity if there’s no €20 set as Lego has done those really well in the HP theme 

8 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

According to Instagram (not sure how reliable)

76418 advent calendar - 227 pieces

76419 D2C - 2660 pieces

76421 - 403 pieces

2660 pieces should be a cheaper D2C so! 

Hopefully Gringotts.

14 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

2660 pieces should be a cheaper D2C so! 

Hopefully Gringotts.

Maybe, but it's 18+ rather than 16+ like the other diagon alley buildings. Not sure if that means anything, but it could indicate that it might be something completely different. You would think a Gringotts would be a similar building experience as the rest of diagon alley.

Interesting pricing for the summer sets. Two sets with similar piece counts but 15$ difference in pricing.

And two sets with similar pricing but 150 pcs difference.

Does it mean we get new molds?

kinda glad that the D2C has „only“ 2660 pcs, so I hope they won‘t price it with 500$ 😂