Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, Seaber said:

Now the full range of figures from the wave is known, time for the list of minifigure we're still missing from Harry Potter:

PS: Lee Jordan, Tom the barman, Dedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, Kings Cross Guard, Prof Vector, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Augusta Longbottom (9)

COS: Millicent Bukstrode, Mr and Mrs Mason, Ernie Macmillain, Penelope Clearwater (6)

POA: Aunt Marge (1)

GOF: Roger Davies, Eloise Midgen, Rita Skeeter, Barry Crouch Senior, Prof Karkaroff, Amos Diggory, Frank Bryce (7)

OOTP: Mrs Figg, Zacharias Smith, Madame Bones, John Dawlish, Antonin Dolohov, Prof Grubbly-Plank (6)

HBP: Narcissa Malfoy, Alecto Carrow, Amycus Carrow, Thofinn Rowle, Romilda Vane, Leanne, Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggan, Marcus Belby (9)

DH: Prof Burbage, Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphius Doge, Scabior, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathilda Bagshot, Aberforth Dumbledore, Dirk Cresswell (11)

In terms of creatures, we still need the Troll in the Dungeons, the Unicorn, Inferi, Giants and Fang. There are some dragons we need too - Norbert and the Ironbelly being the obvious two, I guess you could include the other three dragons from the first task. 

We've also not yet had Errol, Trevor, or Firenze as named characters, although we've had their species in sets. On the flip side, we've had Griphook but no other Goblins. 

By my count that's now fewer than 50 characters we need. I suppose some more could be added from the Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams though. 

Need is one way to put it. I don't think anyone here actually needs a Thoffin Rowle minifigure :tongue:

And let's be honest, less than half of those characters even have a chance of getting made into minifigures.

I think it’s more useful to place the missing characters into categories or tiers, as Narcissa Malfoy is not on the same level as Cormac McLaggen :tongue:

I’d say:

• Missing characters important to the story (Narcissa, Xenophilius, Aberforth, Karkaroff, Skeeter, Scabior, etc.)
  • Missing background characters to add visual flair (Vektor, Bloody Baron, Grubbly-Plank, etc.)
  • Minor characters to serve as filler (named students, named Death Eaters)
  • Characters with little screentime or relevance that also don’t stick out visually (Elphias Doge, Frank Bryce, Aunt Muriel etc.)

2 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Diggle and Crockford were the unnamed witch and wizard in the accessory pack I think, or rather the closest we’ll get to them.

Unnamed yes. They look a like the characters but the list is just about who has definitely been named, so Borgin who was in the same pack has been ticked off 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think it’s more useful to place the missing characters into categories or tiers, as Narcissa Malfoy is not on the same level as Cormac McLaggen :tongue:

I’d say:

• Missing characters important to the story (Narcissa, Xenophilius, Aberforth, Karkaroff, Skeeter, Scabior, etc.)
  • Missing background characters to add visual flair (Vektor, Bloody Baron, Grubbly-Plank, etc.)
  • Minor characters to serve as filler (named students, named Death Eaters)
  • Characters with little screentime or relevance that also don’t stick out visually (Elphias Doge, Frank Bryce, Aunt Muriel etc.)

I agree to an extent, but we're in a situation where Susan Bones and Hannah Abbot (who do not speak) have two figs each since 2018 and characters like Narcissa and Rita have 0, I think it's a case of fitting characters to the scene rather than building sets around major characters. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Need is one way to put it. I don't think anyone here actually needs a Thoffin Rowle minifigure :tongue:

And let's be honest, less than half of those characters even have a chance of getting made into minifigures.

I take you point, it's a list of unmade characters and not a wishlist. I'd also suggest there are some varients of existing characters more important than some of the new characters in the list. 

By the way, with the new Gryffindor Quidditch jumper I think that's the TWENTIETH different Gryffindor torso since 2018!

- Karkaroff will most likely be included in a Durmstrang ship remake if/when they do one.

- Xenophilius, Doge and Bill could all be included in a Bill and Fleur's wedding set.

- Lee Jordan could be in the next Quidditch set they make.

Now that they've done Moaning Myrtle, Nick and Helena, I feel they will do the Friar, Baron and Peeves at some point. Is there a chance we could get a HP cmf next year? That would be our best chance at getting some of the characters they have missed (like Rita). At some point, I would love a Quidditch Fred/George face paint and Harry/Hermione hats) as well as Inferi in a cave set.

37 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Is there a chance we could get a HP cmf next year?

Not very likely. They seem to have ditched the previous pattern of two licensed and one numbered series a year and are now doing the opposite. I would thus expect the last series in 2023 to be S25.

Besides, as I‘ve argued before, we don‘t really need a third HP CMF series anymore, especially with a reduced roster of 12 :laugh: 

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not very likely. They seem to have ditched the previous pattern of two licensed and one numbered series a year and are now doing the opposite. I would thus expect the last series in 2023 to be S25.

One year does not indicate a change in pattern, especially since there’s been plenty of speculation that the switch to boxes and the possibility of a licensed series being delayed due to the associated movie being pushed back. The fall 2023 cmf could easily be licensed - at the end of the day the licensed series make more than the unlicensed ones, and Lego is a business that wants to make money. Likewise, if WB and Lego run the data and decide that they can profit off a Harry Potter series 3 then we’ll get Harry Potter series 3. 

I'm getting it to have all the three tasks (even tho one is a Voldemort set, but it is what it is).

At least Harry is consistent, it will definitely be cool to have all his task suits.

9 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I just bought the Troll from 2021 so we should get a remake in the 2HY sets! 

I feel like we’re overdue for a troll set but also we did just get a bathroom set last year that is still on shelves. I doubt they’d sell multiple Hogwarts bathroom sets at once, unless they put the troll scene in a larger Hogwarts module based on PS.

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Rita is the exclusive figure coming in the new character encyclopedia 

YES :excited: This has to be one of the best book-exclusive minifigs so far!

We can scratch another big one off the list :laugh:

My one issue with the design for Rita Skeeter is the lack of leg printing. They did a great job with the detail on the torso, even capturing that shiny looking fabric, but nothing for the legs. The detailed torso just makes the legs look excessively plain.

1 hour ago, strangely said:

My one issue with the design for Rita Skeeter is the lack of leg printing. They did a great job with the detail on the torso, even capturing that shiny looking fabric, but nothing for the legs. The detailed torso just makes the legs look excessively plain.

I suspect that the dual molding and leg printing needed to accurately recreate Rita’s interview outfit are just a little out of the budget for a book like this. Literally every other aspect of her looks perfect though, so I’m personally willing to let it slide. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Pretty hilarious that they covered her on the cover of the book, but somehow forgot about the side :jollyroger:

That was my first reaction too! The main cover image is carefully censored and then there’s Rita in her very recognizable acid green outfit right on the spine.

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I suspect that the dual molding and leg printing needed to accurately recreate Rita’s interview outfit are just a little out of the budget for a book like this. Literally every other aspect of her looks perfect though, so I’m personally willing to let it slide. 

Yeah, that was definitely the case. It's still a good minifigure, it's just disappointing that they used her here rather than in one of the previous CMF's where we could have gotten a more accurate version.

YAY!!! So happy by this news! I have been saying for the last year or two, that the last minifigure I needed for my collection to be complete is Rita Skeeter. She was the only obvious omission I personally felt I was missing. Fortunately have the old Narcissa who I still think is perfect (although has a new black skirt on her). Don't know why, but never really felt like I needed Karkarorr and half the other people that are on others list I either have no idea who they are or are such D level characters I don't feel they count for me. Just so very happy with this news! :-D

With Skeeter off the list, I’m more firm than ever in my stance that we don‘t need a third CMF series anymore :grin: The remaining missing important characters can easily be shoved into normal sets, especially since DH sets are fair game now :thumbup:

Also, pretty unusual to see a theme based on a big franchise getting this close to „completion“. It can be argued that Harry Potter is closer to that lofty goal than Star Wars even!

We certainly don’t need a third cmf but I wouldn’t be surprised if one shows up eventually. Especially with new leadership working on the theme and given the (speculated) levels of success of the previous two series. I imagine the main audience for cmf is still children, and children aren’t going to care as much if there aren’t any brand new characters in the series. You could easily fill a series with updated minifigures of various major characters and they would still sell well. Throw in a few good army-builders that adult fans have been asking for or a relatively obscure house ghost and folks would be generally happy. As others have said, we still don’t know the theme of the final cmf series of 2023 and I wouldn’t be shocked if it was a Harry Potter series, even if I’d prefer to see something else.