Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

the shark with the tail is very inaccurate, I would have preferred a new mold, and there are no more chocolate frog stickers :-((( EVERYTHING ELSE IS COOL!!! Harry Potter is not my favorite theme, but I keep thinking that is the theme managed better

I’m begrudgingly willing to tolerate the less than accurate shark head attachment in this case since it looks like doing an entirely new mold would mean we didn’t get the Grindylow. 

As far as Chocolate Frog Cards go, the banners were always unlikely to have them because the moments books didn’t. And for the last year only about half of the regular sets have had them, so it’s still entirely possible we’ll see the chocolate frog card tiles return in the summer wave. 

I've been way out of the loop with Harry Potter updates for a while now - but having just seen the announced new sets I have to give my opinion.

Honestly, I'll probably end up getting most of them (the house common rooms eventually). They look nice, have interesting minifigs, and aren't prohibitively expensive. Can't help but wonder what it's going to take to get an Ernie Macmillan figure - I thought for sure a Hufflepuff set would do it, but they seem to have plumped for re-releases instead.

26 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Is it just me or did they remove the 360° video from the site?

Yeah I can't find them either. I've looked on the US, UK and CAD stores. 

38 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Can't help but wonder what it's going to take to get an Ernie Macmillan figure - I thought for sure a Hufflepuff set would do it, but they seem to have plumped for re-releases instead.

Hufflepuff stands out as the only banner not to have a new character (although at least they all have new parts). Gryffindor has Angelina Johnson (hurray!), Ravenclaw has Michal Corner (otherwise known as ‘that lone Ravenclaw dude in the DA shots is totally meant to be Ginny’s bf from the books guys’), and Slytherin has Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini. It’s a shame Zaharias Smith never made it into the movies, or he could have taken Cedric’s place wearing the quidditch jumper. 

Honestly, the banners aren’t that interesting, the only draw for me are the “3d paintings”

I only built one of the book sets, as a gift, and then this comes out $5 more

anyway, the room of requirement looks like garbage, the 2020 one was so good, and this looks awful, black lake looks decent, though the guy with the shark head looks awful, reminds me of those ugly early clone wars minifigs, merperson looks nice, hopefully the tail ends up on bricks and pieces for my mermaid army

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I dont like that the diadem is inconsistent with the Ravenclaw minifigure from the D2C set 

Sometimes they introduce new molds that arent really needed, and here a new mold was clearly needed and they just reused the tiara piece 

Consistency isn't a big strength of this theme :tongue:

Wow, I love the banner sets! Each one looks great in both forms, I love the 3d inserts that will make the scenes come alive, plus we won't have to worry about a ton of giant stickers like the classroom sets. I love that each one comes with its house relic and a portrait of the house founder. The figures all look good and the accessories are appropriate, I just wish Slytherin had something a bit more special since the locket is just a printed 1x1 round tile and maybe instead of the old generic green snake, we could have gotten the Nagini mold. The other sets at least get some nice special molds. I also think it would have been cool if a Niffler was included in the Hufflepuff set instead of one just being printed on the 3d insert.

The Room of Requirement set looks okay but isn't something I'm particularly interested in but I'm happy for those that are. Even though it isn't entirely accurate, I love that they found a way to recolor the Basilisk head.

The 2nd task is much more interesting to me and it looks excellent! I don't mind the inaccurate shark head for Krum, I'm just glad they included one and his figure is a huge improvement overall. The mermaid looks accurate and the Grindylow looks great. It would have been nice if Harry had some flippers for his feet but considering they gave him medium legs which aren't dual molded or printed, I guess it makes sense that they left them out.

Edited by ToaDraco

Thoughts on the new Hogwarts-related sets:

Room of Requirement 

The exterior has some nice design variety for one of these modulars. Once again though it's going for a general Hogwarts "vibe" with its turrets and arches, rather than trying to represent a specific area of the Hogwarts model as seen in the films. I like at least that the bottom module uses some grey elements since this line has had a lack of rock-level modules since the Chamber of Secrets set was released. 

Though this set has hinges for folding out the sides. it looks like it would be better staying closed up, given the gaps in the side walls. Although those side gaps are large I like that it is a faithful nod to the design in the movie, with the round pillars coming down from the ceiling onto the square glass cases (The ROR film set was a redress of the Goblet of Fire trophy room, hence the glass cases).

The exterior play-feature that reveals the door is a nice touch. I love how the door looks from the interior particularly the stickered arches. It really screams Hogwarts and I could see them being used in a moc for any kind of grand Hogwarts entrance or doorway. 

Attaching the fiendfire to random parts of the room is kind of goofy looking, but I can see what they were getting at with the room being on fire before the flames coalesce into the shape of the snake. 

I like the inclusion of Lupin's record player and the stack with the chair on top, but it would have been cool to see even more recognizable objects thrown in, or perhaps the vanishing cabinet. Theoretically one could fill it up with objects from other sets, just like how the filmmakers filled it with props and easter eggs from the other movies (the harp, the mirror of erised, items from the first few advent calendars, the lanterns and tables from Slughorn's party...)

The top half with tower and Grey Lady nicely ties the whole set together to play out the entirety of the Deathly Hallows diadem storyline. 

House Banners

I prefer castle modules rather than these standalone books and banners, as see these kind of sets as mostly parts bags for mocs. However, given that fans have been clamoring for House Common Room Representation since I joined this forum I do think these do a good job of fulfilling that. They actually feel like minifig scale versions of these rooms-- which unfortunately makes them much too large to fit the scale of the rest of the actual Hogwarts Castle playsets with their cramped 16x8 modular rooms. The reliance on the large lenticular backdrop to offer a lot of the detail is unfortunate since I can't see it being integrated easily into a moc. 

Edited by Ferder

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Hufflepuff stands out as the only banner not to have a new character (although at least they all have new parts). Gryffindor has Angelina Johnson (hurray!), Ravenclaw has Michal Corner (otherwise known as ‘that lone Ravenclaw dude in the DA shots is totally meant to be Ginny’s bf from the books guys’), and Slytherin has Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini. It’s a shame Zaharias Smith never made it into the movies, or he could have taken Cedric’s place wearing the quidditch jumper. 

Dumbledores_Army-2-e1497992607250.jpg

Smith is between Michael Corner and Ginny. He isn't named in the credits, but the actor's appearance and voice is named as Smith in the video game. 

Wow! Lots to love here! My pick of the wave is definitely the second task. As others have mentioned, great updates to Krum and the Merperson! Even if the shark head is a bit inaccurate, it’s certainly passable. I do have to wonder if there’s any possible set left that could give us second task Cedric and Fleur. I think the only possible set (outside of a cmf or other oddity) would be to shoehorn them into a Durmstrang ship set. It’s not impossible, considering such a set would only really contain 2 named characters otherwise. Pass the gillyweed though because I won’t hold my breath. 

I like the Room of Requirement fine enough. I’m actually quite fond of the Hogwarts modules, and I think this’ll look great in my display. I’m curious to see what it looks like from the back when the sides are folded in. I think we’re sure to see more from DH this summer.

Speaking of the Hogwarts modules, I do feel like the designers have missed a lot of opportunities for smaller locations within Hogwarts in favor of these larger sets we’ve gotten recently. Last year, I was hopeful for more modules like the Polyjuice Potion Mistake. Small, single rooms packed with details. I feel the designs have regressed a bit to the interior quality of the pre-2021 modules, without the exceptional exteriors those ones had. 

The house banners exemplify this to the max. Between these and the moments books, there were 10 fairly iconic locations that could have made excellent smaller Hogwarts modules. Instead, they are packed into these gimmicky sets that in my opinion accomplish neither their role as a Hogwarts room nor really as a book or banner. On their own, they’re nice little displays for sure, but I can’t help but imagine how awesome the modular Hogwarts could have been if places like the classrooms and common rooms had been included. 

As for the banners, I may end up picking up a couple in any case for the great interior details and minifigures. I love all of the cardigans and quidditch sweaters!

15 hours ago, PotDoc said:

Another idea for where Ron DH2 could show up would be an Hogs Head set: it could come with the trio, aberforth and 1-2 death eaters. It would also fall in line with an hogsmeade expansion each summer and it would cover the most prominent buildings of the movies

Maybe we get a goat patronus in the set as well :wink:

12 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

, and there are no more chocolate frog stickers :-(((

I hope they give us some new ones soon :sceptic:

Lenticular backdrops are a lot better than stickers to me :grin:

Unless next year they go for some sort of general Hogwarts banner, like the one that came in the 2021 Chamber of Secrets set, perhaps with a Great Hall interior, it's hard to see the banners getting a second wave. I guess they could do Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang? 

If not, I wonder if we'll return to Moments style sets, or something new for the winter wave gimmicky sets. 

Interesting that we get the Quidditch jumpers without the cloth capes in these sets, but the 2018 Quidditch Match and CMS Malfoy figure all got capes when they were not needed :grin:

12 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

It would have been nice if Harry had some flippers for his feet but considering they gave him medium legs which aren't dual molded or printed, I guess it makes sense that they left them out.

It's not visible in all photo's, but Harry certainly has his flippers in some of the pics.

7 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

I do have to wonder if there’s any possible set left that could give us second task Cedric and Fleur. I think the only possible set (outside of a cmf or other oddity) would be to shoehorn them into a Durmstrang ship set. 

They could show up in an Advent Calendar. 

How many new parts can people see in these new sets? 
Parts I have not seen before:

Grindylow (obviously) 

2x2 square tile with two opposite corners cut out (used on the banner covers) 

2x4 plate with smooth bottom (used at the hinges attaching the triangular plates on a few of the banner sets) 

plant stem module with two leaves, stacks like the candle stick. 

4x4 tile? 

The Room of Requirement and Black Lake look great. It's a bid ood they omitted Goyle from the set since he was one who created the fire in the first place.

I like the banner sets. Though like the Hogwarts Moments sets I feel they still use a few too many stickers. 

20 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

How many new parts can people see in these new sets? 
Parts I have not seen before:

Grindylow (obviously) 

2x2 square tile with two opposite corners cut out (used on the banner covers) 

2x4 plate with smooth bottom (used at the hinges attaching the triangular plates on a few of the banner sets) 

plant stem module with two leaves, stacks like the candle stick.  

4x4 tile? 

I thought the plant stem was new also but it's already been used in two Super Mario sets this year.  Two other parts in the Hufflepuff set appear to be new colors of previously released parts.  I wish they had done a recolor of one of those in either or both Bright Yellow and Flame Yellowish Orange or maybe Bright Orange for the centers of the new Daffodil flowers that are coming instead of the plain cone shape they chose.  I didn't notice any other new parts other than what you've mentioned. 

After finally getting a Set based on the second task,there are only a few more sets on the list of "Most Wanted"  by this forum. What else is left? Gringrotts?

We've been so spoiled in the last year and a half,we got so many of our most requested sets!

19 minutes ago, Scuhro52 said:

After finally getting a Set based on the second task,there are only a few more sets on the list of "Most Wanted"  by this forum. What else is left? Gringrotts?

We've been so spoiled in the last year and a half,we got so many of our most requested sets!

Gringotts (Vaults, Mine Carts, Dragon), Borgins and Burkes, Leaky Cauldron, Inferi Cave, Hog's Head Inn, Shell Cotage, Hogsmeade Station, Wedding Marquee, Boathouse, Lovegood House, Malfoy Manor, Little Whining Play Park, Durmstrang Ship, Hagrids/Sirius Motorbike, Godric's Hollow. Still plenty of places that could turn into sets so hopefully this theme stays around for a long time.

4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

It's a bid ood they omitted Goyle from the set since he was one who created the fire in the first place.

They probably just didn’t want to recreate his death scene, similar to how Cedric was omitted from the Graveyard Duel. It’s extremely funny to me though that a chair is prominently featured in the set, given that grabbing a loose chair is what gets him killed in the movie :laugh_hard:

Now the full range of figures from the wave is known, time for the list of minifigure we're still missing from Harry Potter:

PS: Lee Jordan, Tom the barman, Dedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, Kings Cross Guard, Prof Vector, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Augusta Longbottom (9)

COS: Millicent Bukstrode, Mr and Mrs Mason, Ernie Macmillain, Penelope Clearwater (6)

POA: Aunt Marge (1)

GOF: Roger Davies, Eloise Midgen, Rita Skeeter, Barry Crouch Senior, Prof Karkaroff, Amos Diggory, Frank Bryce (7)

OOTP: Mrs Figg, Zacharias Smith, Madame Bones, John Dawlish, Antonin Dolohov, Prof Grubbly-Plank (6)

HBP: Narcissa Malfoy, Alecto Carrow, Amycus Carrow, Thofinn Rowle, Romilda Vane, Leanne, Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggan, Marcus Belby (9)

DH: Prof Burbage, Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphius Doge, Scabior, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathilda Bagshot, Aberforth Dumbledore, Dirk Cresswell (11)

In terms of creatures, we still need the Troll in the Dungeons, the Unicorn, Inferi, Giants and Fang. There are some dragons we need too - Norbert and the Ironbelly being the obvious two, I guess you could include the other three dragons from the first task. 

We've also not yet had Errol, Trevor, or Firenze as named characters, although we've had their species in sets. On the flip side, we've had Griphook but no other Goblins. 

By my count that's now fewer than 50 characters we need. I suppose some more could be added from the Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams though. 

On 12/14/2022 at 10:12 PM, Seaber said:

Dumbledores_Army-2-e1497992607250.jpg

Smith is between Michael Corner and Ginny. He isn't named in the credits, but the actor's appearance and voice is named as Smith in the video game. 

Ah, he’s close enough in appearance to the Ernie McMillan from CoS that I wasn’t sure. I’ve never played most of the old games unfortunately (got stuck at the first dementor encounter in the PoA game and had to admit I just wasn’t good enough at it to justify the cost). 

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Ah, he’s close enough in appearance to the Ernie McMillan from CoS that I wasn’t sure. I’ve never played most of the old games unfortunately (got stuck at the first dementor encounter in the PoA game and had to admit I just wasn’t good enough at it to justify the cost). 

Ahh, fair enough, both blond male Hufflepuff after all! The OotP and HBP games were very easy and focused on exploration more than adventures of the first three, but are so expensive now. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

By my count that's now fewer than 50 characters we need. 

Nice list, but a lot of them stand virtually no chance of ever being included in a set, like Dirk Cresswell or Frank Bryce.

I think we can break down that list to roughly 20 characters that are actually likely :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nice list, but a lot of them stand virtually no chance of ever being included in a set, like Dirk Cresswell or Frank Bryce.

I think we can break down that list to roughly 20 characters that are actually likely :laugh:

When we got Sinistra in 2020 (and Pince the following year) I expanded the list to include absolutely every named character in the films that're from the books. I wasn't making a judgement on if they were much wanted or likely to be produced. 

For example, if we got a movie only character for example, say, Nigel at any point, I'd add Faye and Bem and Kellah to the list - not that I have much interest in them 😁

Edited by Seaber