Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Are the winter HP sets usually released in March worldwide? Or do some regions get them in January? Just wondering about the likelihood of seeing official images soon. 

Edited by Rolyat24

In 2021 they were released in the US in January but this year it was March. 2023 is scheduled for March again.

11 hours ago, Textorix said:

Hey guys, its been a long time since I shared anything from my Hogwarts project so here is the newest version that I currently work with ... yeah I know that there is a Lego HP MOC thread somewhere but its dead and I thought just one picture wouldnt hurt anyone here :DD

Looks great! Are there more images in Imgur of it from other angles?

6 hours ago, Ferder said:

Looks great! Are there more images in Imgur of it from other angles?

Thx, I post other pictures on my Instagram account textorix_displays

For anyone waiting for the 6-wide door frame in a more Hogwarts-appropriate colour to replace the white in the Astronomy Tower — a couple of the new Friends sets have it coming in nougat…

Edited by PotterBlocks

5 hours ago, strangely said:

I hope the new cat mold from next year's friends sets gets used for Crookshanks eventually.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, that would be perfect for Crookshanks.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:39 AM, strangely said:

I hope the new cat mold from next year's friends sets gets used for Crookshanks eventually.

I don't think the minidoll theme animals have ever crossed over into minifig sets?

20 minutes ago, Killian said:

I don't think the minidoll theme animals have ever crossed over into minifig sets?

The only instance I can think of where a Friends animal part was used in a minifig set was the bird in the Steamboat Willie Ideas set. And that was excusable, since it’s a cartoony set anyway :shrug_oh_well:

I doubt the new cat part would work for Crookshanks. I imagine it would look absurdly huge next to a normal minifig-compatible cat

20 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The only instance I can think of where a Friends animal part was used in a minifig set was the bird in the Steamboat Willie Ideas set. And that was excusable, since it’s a cartoony set anyway :shrug_oh_well:

I doubt the new cat part would work for Crookshanks. I imagine it would look absurdly huge next to a normal minifig-compatible cat

I mean, Crookshanks is a huge cat (being half fantastic beast after all), so I don't mind the size. I'll agree it's a bit cartoony looking, but I think with the right printing it would be usable.

Here's my attempt at it: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClwL289r08R/

Edited by strangely

This is such a weird advent calendar to me. The minifig selection is amazing. There’s a couple of great prints. 

the micro builds are just pointless… 

such a strange mixed bag. Weakest but also strongest HP AC yet!

Hopefully adult Ron and Hermione can be shoehorned into next year’s. 

58 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

such a strange mixed bag. Weakest but also strongest HP AC yet!

I think if this was the first one we got I'd be really happy with it. I means, it's sort of like Star Wars but better. But the first two in particular were so brilliant with the minifig sized builds that this years microbuilds seems completely pointless in comparison, even if they are decent enough as far as microbuilds go. 

2 hours ago, FrkW said:

I think if this was the first one we got I'd be really happy with it. I means, it's sort of like Star Wars but better. But the first two in particular were so brilliant with the minifig sized builds that this years microbuilds seems completely pointless in comparison, even if they are decent enough as far as microbuilds go. 

I think the Star Wars ones are pretty awful. I stopped buying them years ago.

I liked when Harry Potter ones complimented other sets in the line (Yule Ball and Cloctower). Think this year would have been a great opportunity to tie in with Diagon Alley and/or Hogwarts Express. 

On 12/5/2022 at 12:21 PM, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I think the Star Wars ones are pretty awful. I stopped buying them years ago.

I liked when Harry Potter ones complimented other sets in the line (Yule Ball and Cloctower). Think this year would have been a great opportunity to tie in with Diagon Alley and/or Hogwarts Express. 

Yeah, I wasn’t very impressed by the builds in the Calendar this year. And with the price jump, it made it worse. For me, they’re really gonna have to step up the minifg prints next year if they’re gonna go micro builds again. 

The chess set is marked as “sold out” on the Lego website. It was “temporarily out of stock” yesterday. Does that mean it’s gone for good or will they get more back?

TLG revealed the Spidey sets today, which are set to be released in March 2023. That means we can’t be far away from Harry Potter set pictures. I’m surprised we haven’t gotten more details from any leakers. 

6 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

TLG revealed the Spidey sets today, which are set to be released in March 2023. That means we can’t be far away from Harry Potter set pictures. I’m surprised we haven’t gotten more details from any leakers. 

Yeah, the Lake Task and Room of Hidden Things sets are pretty straightforward, but I’m still curious as to what those house banners actually are, and we are sorely lacking detailed character lists. 

Do HP get any January sets this year? No one listed on Brickset now, so they could come later in the year so we do not get any pictures yet:shrug_oh_well:

1 ora fa, Roebuck ha detto:

HP ottiene dei set di gennaio quest'anno? Nessuno elencato su Brickset ora, quindi potrebbero venire più tardi nell'anno, quindi non abbiamo ancora nessuna foto:shrug_oh_well:

Promobricks says March

We should see pictures of the sets any day now. Since they’re released in March and aren’t based on an upcoming movie, they’re 99% featured in the 1HY consumer catalogue, which usually ends up in the hands of fans around the middle of December :classic: Last year, it was on the 11th

Since the consumer catalogue may leak any day now, what are you looking forward to see the most? For me, it has to be:

• The minifigs in the Second Task set, especially the merman and the Grindylow
  • The fire snake in the RoR set. The fact it‘s our first proper DH2 set in the reboot helps too
  • Whatever those banners are. Not expecting much minifig-wise though :grin:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since the consumer catalogue may leak any day now, what are you looking forward to see the most? For me, it has to be:

• The minifigs in the Second Task set, especially the merman and the Grindylow
  • The fire snake in the RoR set. The fact it‘s our first proper DH2 set in the reboot helps too
  • Whatever those banners are. Not expecting much minifig-wise though :grin:

Principally, I'm really interested in seeing The Second Task set, especially the minifigures. I've wanted this remake for a long time, having never got the original.

I'm not interested in buying the banners unless the really surprise me, but I am interested in seeing the format they will take and what figures they will include i.e. Have they gone for heads of houses and students, or is it house ghosts and students, or just students? What uniforms will the students have? Will we be seeing the (inaccurate) house crest sweaters return or get the more movie faithful plain house striped jumpers? Or will we get house robes instead?

And then I'm interested in seeing the format we will get for the ROR. Ideally I'd like a castle section that doesn't include roof sections so that we can start to add vertically to the castle without having roof sections left over. However, I'm guessing they won't cut out a roof, although I don't think a set would have any less individual appeal or play value for someone, child or collector, who doesn't own the other sections just because it has no roof. They are not meant to be accurate display models after all just vignettes of scenes. The potential minifigure line up is also exciting to see.

So as it's just a small wave I'm pretty much looking forward to seeing everything, but if one photo was to get leaked today I would want it to be The Second Task. So that's what I'm most looking forward to overall.