Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A new witch hat piece with long hair leaked, probably from the revived Vidiyo theme (or Dreamz), judging by the translucent hair colour.

Is there a character a recolour of this could be used for in upcoming HP sets? Can‘t think of any :shrug_oh_well:

Vidiyo was revived?

3 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

Vidiyo was revived?

Not exactly….there is a new theme called Dreamzzz. But we really don’t know for sure. 

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A new witch hat piece with long hair leaked, probably from the revived Vidiyo theme (or Dreamz), judging by the translucent hair colour.

Is there a character a recolour of this could be used for in upcoming HP sets? Can‘t think of any :shrug_oh_well:

Definitely from “dead” Vidiyo. It suppsoed to have a Goth Witch Beatbox or Cutesy Goth Carriage set. 

I have no idea which character will need that piece tho. 

Took some more searching than usual but I found the new hair mold. Definitely originally developed for the aforementioned canceled Vidiyo set(s), and it’s worth noting that it’s the second such mold to leak - a headphone clad triceratops head speculated to have originally been meant for the ‘dinosaur skatepark’ set also came to light recently. Two such molds turning up seems to support the idea that Dreamzzz will be recycling at least some parts of the last minute canceled sets. 

Hopefully, we’ll also see this mold recolored with a more natural hair color in the future. I think it’s pretty likely, whether in a generic Halloween set, the BAM tower, or as a generic background character in a future Harry Potter set is hard to say (one thing I can say is that the classic witches’ hat+loose hair really doesn’t fit any named characters). I’d love to eventually get it a few different colors to help put together some generic citizens for my Diagon Alley and Hogwarts Express platform - it’s a shame the current version isn’t really useful for that with the transparent hair. 

It's not 100% accurate, but it can technically be used for Septima Vector. I mean I doubt they'll give her a new mold so this is the next best thing (as I don't see them using Dumbledore's mold.) Also the new Herbology Professor in Hogwarts Legacy has a similar look. That's a character that would likely get a new mold if ever made, but if not and if it appears with the right colours, it could be used for a good purist figure.

Other than that it also works for that one witch in Knockturn Alley who asks Harry if he's lost and who offers him "help".

Edited by Huigberts Builds

On 10/16/2022 at 8:25 AM, Seaber said:

A really exciting thing about this Theme is new mold potential. With Merpeople and Grindylows coming, it's only Fang, the Troll and perhaps a unicorn which would need new molds for the HP creatures and animals, although Norbert and the Ironbelly may need new ones too. I also still have hope for a fluffy Crookshanks and bigger Grim. 

For minifig accessories thing like a proper quaffle and deluminator, and for minifigs themselves things like an exploded Marge appearing in sets doesn't seem a far out idea. 

Would love a proper 4-wide foor to fit with the gothic arches too. 

I'm still hoping to one day see the doe Patronus in a forest of Dean set. I don't think we have a good one atm that they could just recolour. I also really want the unicorn, lol, but I just can't see them giving me Quirrell with a straw and a dead unicorn in a set... You never know, though. I'd like Fang and Harry and Draco in the Forbidden Forest set and that would be a chance to reuse a centaur, too. And then the inevitable Hagrid's Hut could have Hagrid (sniffle), Hermione and Ron. Or maybe they'll combine them for a larger build sort of like Buckbeak and the pumpkin patch last time.  

I'd love to see more pieces for that arch, too. I really like it. 

On 10/16/2022 at 6:24 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Vidyio wasn’t revived. Just the left over pieces from the factory that were not destroyed leaking out

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Vidyio wasn’t revived. Just the left over pieces from the factory that were not destroyed leaking out

Didn‘t they announce last year that Vidiyo would return in 2023 in a new form (which is speculated to be Dreamzzz)? 

I‘m just a bit sceptical that the leaked parts belong to the cancelled 2022 wave :shrug_oh_well: Wasn‘t the cancellation announced well before set production would have started? And why do they leak now rather than last autumn?

Then again, both parts fit the leaked set names, so maybe they really were catching dust for a year in a factory somewhere :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think the witch hat could appear in hocus Pocus, but it's just a theory 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like we are getting a new Voldemort in the summer wave 

Can I just say that’s a really odd character to be getting a new version of? He doesn’t exactly have a plethora of outfit variations - the only big difference they could do would be a change in expression. Seems like a bit much to hype, but I suppose it is already slated for two different activity books, so it’s hardly being pitched as an exclusive. 

The real takeaway here is that a set featuring Voldemort will be coming in the 2HY. With the graveyard scene done relatively recently and the Ministry Atrium currently on shelves, that pretty much narrows down the possibilities exclusively to Deathly Hallows (for the main villain Voldy shows up in person surprisingly little). The best contenders are parts of the battle of the 7 Potters and the Battle of Hogwarts, so it’s possible those censored images are hiding the reintroduction of the dark green robes last seen in the CMF series 1. 

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like we are getting a new Voldemort in the summer wave 

Did something leak on IG? I still can‘t see any posts (other than the top 9) under the usual hashtag :snicker: How long until that bug gets fixed?!

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Did something leak on IG? I still can‘t see any posts (other than the top 9) under the usual hashtag :snicker: How long until that bug gets fixed?!

I thought it was just me. Not glad you are missing out too, but glad to know i'm not alone. 

Not sure those books really are an indication of a new Voldy minifig. One of them gets published in Q2, so right when the 2HY sets are released, and books like that don‘t usually include minifigs that are this recent. Then again, the minifig being blacked out is curious…

Maybe it‘s the one from the new AC? :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can not find anything on IG, but as that bug isn't fixed yet, it is hard to look through it. 

The way you can work around it to see more than the top 9 posts is, to click on the ninth post and use the buttons on the left and right to go to the next or previous post. That takes much more time than usual but you are able to see every post with a specific hashtag. This works on a desktop computer/laptop. 

As for a new Voldemort, I'm away of 3 costumes that he has worn: His black dress (GoF, OotP, DHI), His green dress (DHII), and his suit in Harry's imagination (OotP).

5 hours ago, mark1991t said:

As for a new Voldemort, I'm away of 3 costumes that he has worn: His black dress (GoF, OotP, DHI), His green dress (DHII), and his suit in Harry's imagination (OotP).

It’s definitely not the suit, since the censored fig clearly uses the dress piece for its lower half. 

I’m inclined to think it’s either just a new expression for Voldemort, and blacking out the entire figure has only been done because blacking out just the head would look weird. Or… lego is reintroducing the dark green robes from the battle of Hogwarts that were originally released in the 2018 CMF. That might explain the activity books actually - since the green robes technically aren’t new there’s really no reason to keep them exclusive to a set for any length of time, but them being brought back would be something lego would want to keep a lid on for as long as possible because it would essentially confirm the long awaited DH2 set(s). 

New Voldemort? What is “new” exactly? Tom Riddle verision? A hideous baby version? Voldemort in swimsuit? Voldemort in Santa Claus uniform? Beat me…

6 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Technically, it looks like there were two statues in the Ministry of Magic, and we only got the Wizard statue in the set.  I theoretically could see the other one (The Fountain of Magical Brethren) being a build in a $20 Dumbledore vs. Voldemort set.

Yes, the movie set designs have the Fountain of Magical Brethren split into two parts. No, that does not mean that Lego is going to release a second ministry atrium set next year when we just got one this year (the fact that the hall of prophecies from OotP was included in a DH1 set is pretty telling, frankly). They also wouldn’t release a set that’s basically just Dumbledore and Voldemort fighting next to a tiny build while simultaneously publishing an activity book that includes both those same characters. Never mind the fact that the only real opinion for a new Voldemort variant from the ministry duel is the tongue stuck out version (from when he breaths fire) that’s in the advent calendar which has been on sale of over a month now (and therefore hardly warrants the censoring we’re seeing). 

I’m all for keeping every possibility in mind, but the GoF graveyard scene and OotP ministry duel just don’t make any logical sense for lego to do as a set next year, leaving DH as the only option. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

New Voldemort? Voldemort in swimsuit? Voldemort in Santa Claus uniform? Beat me…

You're going to give them ideas for the next advent... I feel like Voldemort in a Santa Claus uniform is basically just Jack Skellington...

I would love to see the Fountain completed one day, but doubt it would be this soon. All that would be required is a recolours of the centaur body and the correct head/hair pieces for the four figures. The centaur looks like it is holding a bow which could be made with existing gold pieces. 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, BacktoBricks said:

I'm hoping for a remake of Hagrid's Hut this year. A Philosopher's Stone one preferably with baby Norbert(a) and a new mould for Fang.

This would be a nice set, I believe: PS Hagrid's Hut with Hagrid, Harry, Ron and Hermione, Draco Malfoy, Fang and Norbert.

A potential Hagrid's Hut remake with Fang could also be based on CoS: with Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Dumbledore, Fudge and Lucius Malfoy. Or an OoP set with Hagrid, Harry, Ron and Hermione, and Umbridge plus Fang.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

This would be a nice set, I believe: PS Hagrid's Hut with Hagrid, Harry, Ron and Hermione, Draco Malfoy, Fang and Norbert.

Out of all the potential Hagrid’s Hut remake ideas, this is my favourite, mostly because we’d then have modern versions of both incarnations of the hut plus the creature potential of a PS version would be the highest bar none :classic: We definitely need Norberta and Fang! Ok, we the former was technically included in the 2019 hut, but come on :tongue: 

This would also be a good opportunity for a regular Hagrid fig to appear in a set after a two-year hiatus! Although my most anticipated Hagrid-related set idea would still be the Battle of the Seven Potters. After this year, it looks more likely than ever!

A PS Hagrid's hut would be great. Especially since we haven't seen that version since 2010. Would be nice to get Hagrid's motorcycle and sidecar as well one day.

They could also do a PS forest set with a new Hagrid, Fang, centaur, cloaked Quirrel & Harry, and perhaps if they are brave enough a new unicorn running away from a few GITD tiles on the floor. It would be a fantastic parts pack with figures you can use to fill out other scenes, I really want a new colour/print of the Hagrid figure for his moleskin coat. 

Also I wish they would use new pints budgets in books, Advent calandras and packs etc to give use more versions of Lockheart! His wardrobe is a rainbow spectrum and so far we only have 2 both in expensive sets. 

Maybe there will be a DAtDA Tower set in the future similar size to the Dumbledore office this year, that could have lots of potential…

Edited by Bugbot20082

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

They could also do a PS forest set with a new Hagrid, Fang, centaur, cloaked Quirrel & Harry, and perhaps if they are brave enough a new unicorn running away from a few GITD tiles on the floor. It would be a fantastic parts pack with figures you can use to fill out other scenes, I really want a new colour/print of the Hagrid figure for his moleskin coat. 

This would be such a great set, particularly with the unicorn, that I don't even dare hope for it.

But I I wouldn't complain if lego wanted to surprise us with this set :laugh:

Edited by BrickMatit