Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Hey, I was just thinking how similar the lego Boutique Hotel actually is in shape to Gringotts. Has anyone ever tried modding it to be Gringotts? That could look pretty cool. It also made me wonder if that set is the reason why we haven't seen Gringotts yet. Maybe lego tries to avoid putting 2 sets that are too similar on the shelves?

27 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Maybe lego tries to avoid putting 2 sets that are too similar on the shelves?

I don’t think that’s ever been an issue for them (case in point: the 2015 and 2016 X-Wings) :grin:

These two sets might share some similarities, but one is an unlicensed hotel and the other a licensed bank, presumably with the Ironbelly resting on top. They don’t appeal to the same target audience

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Hey, I was just thinking how similar the lego Boutique Hotel actually is in shape to Gringotts. Has anyone ever tried modding it to be Gringotts? That could look pretty cool. It also made me wonder if that set is the reason why we haven't seen Gringotts yet. Maybe lego tries to avoid putting 2 sets that are too similar on the shelves?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don’t think that’s ever been an issue for them (case in point: the 2015 and 2016 X-Wings) :grin:

These two sets might share some similarities, but one is an unlicensed hotel and the other a licensed bank, presumably with the Ironbelly resting on top. They don’t appeal to the same target audience

Additionally, I think, at least in colour scheme as well as both being a corner building, the Boutique Hotel and the Sanctum Sanctorum look similar.

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I saw this on Facebook the other day and thought they did a good job of converting it. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10229116192436051&set=pcb.441481184612349

I can no longer find a place on the Lego website to redeem VIP points for $$$ towards purchases, only various promo items.  Can anyone guide me to where it is, I know there has been a change in the VIP system.  Can we no longer redeem for cash towards new sets???

35 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

I can no longer find a place on the Lego website to redeem VIP points for $$$ towards purchases, only various promo items.  Can anyone guide me to where it is, I know there has been a change in the VIP system.  Can we no longer redeem for cash towards new sets???

I'm not seeing it in the US or Canadian stores, but still am in a number of European ones I checked. For example https://www.lego.com/en-de/vip/rewards-center/rewards It's under "VIP", then "Rewards", then "Choose Your Discount", if they still have it in that particular store. If they don't, I assume it's a momentary glitch. 

Belated thanks, @Yope, for updating your excellent list. Much appreciated. 

Edited by krimimimi

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I'm not seeing it in the US or Canadian stores, but still am in a number of European ones I checked. For example https://www.lego.com/en-de/vip/rewards-center/rewards It's under "VIP", then "Rewards", then "Choose Your Discount", if they still have it in that particular store. If they don't, I assume it's a momentary glitch. 

Belated thanks, @Yope, for updating your excellent list. Much appreciated. 

Thanks, I was hoping it was such, I have 10,000 points I want to use towards the new HE.  I was going to wait for double VIP or a great GWP but no sign of that in the near future and I can't wait months for it...I need a Fall project!

7 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

Saw this article on thebirckfan website a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it was in an e-mail from LEGO. Not sure if that helps? Havent done it myself yet.

Important update to your LEGO® VIP Program

We’re introducing some changes that will make it easier for you to get discounts on LEGO® products using your VIP Points.

You now no longer need to decide in advance how or where you want to use your discount. Any discount redeemed with VIP Points can be spent online, in store or by phone.

We’re also looking to make the in-store VIP experience more secure. To earn or use your VIP Points, you’ll now need to provide your card number or email address for your account. Please make sure you bring your card or details with you, as store associates will no longer be able to access your account without that information. The email address used for this communication should be the one associated with your account.

If you have any unused discounts from in-store or phone discount rewards that you’ve already redeemed in the Rewards Centre, we’ll credit your account with the relevant points value. Any LEGO.com discounts you redeemed will remain unchanged. Please contact our Costumer Service if you have any questions.

10 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Saw this article on thebirckfan website a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it was in an e-mail from LEGO. Not sure if that helps? Havent done it myself yet.

Important update to your LEGO® VIP Program

We’re introducing some changes that will make it easier for you to get discounts on LEGO® products using your VIP Points.

You now no longer need to decide in advance how or where you want to use your discount. Any discount redeemed with VIP Points can be spent online, in store or by phone.

We’re also looking to make the in-store VIP experience more secure. To earn or use your VIP Points, you’ll now need to provide your card number or email address for your account. Please make sure you bring your card or details with you, as store associates will no longer be able to access your account without that information. The email address used for this communication should be the one associated with your account.

If you have any unused discounts from in-store or phone discount rewards that you’ve already redeemed in the Rewards Centre, we’ll credit your account with the relevant points value. Any LEGO.com discounts you redeemed will remain unchanged. Please contact our Costumer Service if you have any questions.

Yes I saw this on the website thanks, and the cash rewards options are now back, so a glitch it was!

Edited by chrisincanada

Received the latest DK book with the Percy minifig, but his hairpiece is broken, with a very noticable dent in the plastic :cry2: Won‘t be easy to get a replacement piece since the hairpiece is currently exclusive

Not sure if it is allowed to post this here so forgive me.  I am selling my 75955 Hogwarts Express to fund the new HE.  I have the train and carriage per the original set, all minifigures AND 2 extra carriages making the train 3 carriages long.  No box or platform is included, just the extended train and minifigures.  Built once then packed up, like-new condition.  Looks amazing with 3 carriages.  PM me if you are interested, will ship globally.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Percy's hairpiece is dark orange, not regular orange :wink:

Ah, my mistake. The product images made it super hard to tell. Still, LEGO should be able to replace it.

On 9/5/2022 at 6:46 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Percy's hairpiece is dark orange, not regular orange :wink:

Drop their customer service and email and they’ll send one out straight away knowing them!

Question for anybody who now owns the new Hogwarts Express: How well does it scale with the latest Ford Anglia?. I'm guessing just from images it might scale pretty well, but hard to judge without owning the set myself. :classic:

Having just built Dumbledore’s Office, I’m curious what everyone thinks about the current representation of the invisibility cloak. I like the fabric design; I think it’s really a very pretty cape. But I think the shaping of the cloak around Harry leaves something to be desired, not least because it doesn’t cover Harry’s head. I know the 2010-2011 line had the rounded cloth that just kind of sat on top of a minifigure, but I found that it would often just fall off. Could a plastic invisibility cloak ever work? Or perhaps a piece of stiffer cloth that’s creased to form a sort of pocket? I really don’t know if there’s a better way to represent it. 

2 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

Having just built Dumbledore’s Office, I’m curious what everyone thinks about the current representation of the invisibility cloak. I like the fabric design; I think it’s really a very pretty cape. But I think the shaping of the cloak around Harry leaves something to be desired, not least because it doesn’t cover Harry’s head. I know the 2010-2011 line had the rounded cloth that just kind of sat on top of a minifigure, but I found that it would often just fall off. Could a plastic invisibility cloak ever work? Or perhaps a piece of stiffer cloth that’s creased to form a sort of pocket? I really don’t know if there’s a better way to represent it. 

I think they could try a recolour of an existing hood pice and use that in combination with the material cape. question is though what colour as to blend with the reflective material 

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I think they could try a recolour of an existing hood pice and use that in combination with the material cape. question is though what colour as to blend with the reflective material 

I really like your idea! I think satin trans-clear would work :)

On 9/8/2022 at 5:55 PM, BacktoBricks said:

Question for anybody who now owns the new Hogwarts Express: How well does it scale with the latest Ford Anglia?. I'm guessing just from images it might scale pretty well, but hard to judge without owning the set myself. :classic:

Just received mine an hour ago!  I am still building the Lion Knight's Castle but if no-one has posted pics for you in the next couple of weeks I will be happy to take some comparison shots of the Anglia and the engine :)

6 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

Just received mine an hour ago!  I am still building the Lion Knight's Castle but if no-one has posted pics for you in the next couple of weeks I will be happy to take some comparison shots of the Anglia and the engine :)

That would be wonderful thank you :excited:. I would love the castle as well as the train, but just need to save ... A lot :iamded_lol:.

On 9/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, BacktoBricks said:

It scales pretty decently I'd say:

52348757609_a01dd2acfc_z.jpg

52348687278_bb376b5735_z.jpg

Here is the same car type (a 1960's Ford Anglia 105E), from the Wikipedia page on the Anglia:

1967.ford.anglia.arp.750pix.jpg

Also, remember the wheels of the Olton Hall are 4 feet, 8 1/2 inches wide at the rail, and the Lego model's is 7 1/2 studs at the same place. Car wheels can be around the same width IRL (there is a reason the similar in wheel spacing DeLorean fits on train tracks!), so the Lego version of the Anglia must be in the same ballpark of 7 - 8 studs. Since it's REALLY hard to build 7 wide, I'd say the car thus needs to be speed champions scale (8-wide, a tiny little bit longer, and more detailed) before we get close to "in scale" with the train.

Thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17

@BrickBob Studpants Thank you! Definitely a better scale than the other Hogwarts Express. You tempted to display the car flying over? 😉

@Murdoch17 I think you are far more knowledgeable than me about car scales so I'll let you do the math, but I'd say we have a better set up than we did for recreating the battle between the Hogwarts Express and the Ford Anglia. 😃

Hi everyone, been a while since I've posted here but has anyone received the percy Weasley book without the actual percy Weasley figure itself. I ordered the book 26th of December last year and its only arrived today but its a different cover now (where percys picture was, was replaced with Harry with a sorting hat) and there was no figure whatsoever in the book. Is there a reason for this and is there anything I can do

It was ordered off amazon if that helps

Edited by DNSNVN01