Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 8/28/2022 at 3:01 AM, Accio Lego said:

Sounds like my desk is going to get a makeover. Pencil holder is nice - good thing I’ve already got several appropriately themed pens. The Desk Kit sounds interesting, we’re probably looking at a collection of things there: some sort of organizational caddy, one of the photo/note cubes they’ve done several time in the theme, maybe a photo frame, and some of those bag tags and/or patches framed as labeling devices. 

Given DOTS usual makeup I’m betting the $15 set is a 2 bracelet pack in yellow (Gryffindor or Hufflepuff) and grey (Ravenclaw or Slytherin), with the requisite red, black, blue, and green DOTS to make things suitably house themed. Bracelets seem to be their most popular items after all. 

Would any of these printed tiles be useful for MOCs in the system scale?

1 hour ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Possibly, but unlikely off of what they seem inclined to choose. For instance, a lighting bolt is definitely iconic, but not exactly useful in a MOC.

What is strange and more than a little disappointing seems to be the number of printed tiles included. The $45 Mickey & Minnie desk set only contains 10 printed tiles and two Mickey head tiles. Twelve special tiles, and that's it for the box. At that price, it's not worth it unless you really want the desk set. Or you're minted, whichever. 😆

3 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Honestly, I think it will depend on what kind of designs lego goes with and what MOCs you have in mind. We’ll definitely see something along the lines of house crests/mascots, which have the potential to be useful for certain projects, and anything quidditch related could be useful for sprucing up a Quality Quidditch Supplies. It wouldn’t surprise me if they reused the time turner print either, which could be useful for MOCing the Department of Mysteries time room if you want to recreate parts of the Ministry that didn’t make it to the movies. But I can also see a lot of print choices not really being useful for system scale stuff. 

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Possibly, but unlikely off of what they seem inclined to choose. For instance, a lighting bolt is definitely iconic, but not exactly useful in a MOC.

What is strange and more than a little disappointing seems to be the number of printed tiles included. The $45 Mickey & Minnie desk set only contains 10 printed tiles and two Mickey head tiles. Twelve special tiles, and that's it for the box. At that price, it's not worth it unless you really want the desk set. Or you're minted, whichever. 😆

Yes, but the mega bracelet pack includes 22 unique designs, which translates to at least twice that many printed tiles in a set. Clearly, these things aren’t always proportional to the price of the set, and there’s a great deal of behind the scenes budgeting (i.e. entirely different licensing agreements) that could affect the makeup of this kind of set. And for all we know, the mysterious Hogwarts House Banner sets could will slip some DOTS compatible prints in there so they can spread the budget around - we just don’t have enough information to gauge anything at this point in time, we don’t even know what the $15 set is supposed to be. 

3 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

With the RoR coming plus Neville in the AC, there’s a good chance of getting a battle of Hogwarts next summer :)

Technically, the Room of Requirement with a fiendfire snake is a part of the Battle of Hogwarts, just not part of the main action sequences 

I don't know if this is the right place to post but how would people feel about having a separate thread for advent calendar discussion next year.  Far more than any other sets, I really appreciate the surprise of finding out what's inside the advent calendar.  The result is that I avoid this forum for a while in reveal season in the hope of evading spoilers (they still inevitably happen).

Perhaps I'm very much in the minority and people would find it frustrating having a separate thread.  However, if it's a popular opinion then maybe the main thread would get more activity from people would otherwise be trying to avoid spoilers plus there would be discussion of the advent calendar in the main thread during advent.

15 minutes ago, Yope said:

I don't know if this is the right place to post but how would people feel about having a separate thread for advent calendar discussion next year.  Far more than any other sets, I really appreciate the surprise of finding out what's inside the advent calendar.  The result is that I avoid this forum for a while in reveal season in the hope of evading spoilers (they still inevitably happen).

Perhaps I'm very much in the minority and people would find it frustrating having a separate thread.  However, if it's a popular opinion then maybe the main thread would get more activity from people would otherwise be trying to avoid spoilers plus there would be discussion of the advent calendar in the main thread during advent.

Theoretically, I’m pretty sure there are mechanics on this forum that allow for collapsible text boxes, they just aren’t particularly easy to figure out how to insert (I can’t figure it out for the life of me). We could also do something as simple as inserting Spoiler Warning lines when we’re going to talk about advent calendar stuff, and/or using bold or italics to make it easy to skip over those passages. I just don’t think a separate thread would work because you’d inevitably have some who forgot or didn’t get the memo or the separate topic would simply get lost when we had a news dry spell and people would use the main thread for advent calendar discussion anyway. Setting up some common sense guidelines on how to talk about the confirmed advent calendar content seems slightly more manageable. 

15 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

People have already been talking about the advent calendar here plenty.

That's why I was avoiding the forum for a while, to miss that discussion.

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Setting up some common sense guidelines on how to talk about the confirmed advent calendar content seems slightly more manageable. 

Spoiler warnings might help. It's not essential that anything change, I'm happy just leaving the forum for a while in the summer when most of the advent calendar chat comes up.  I was more just wondering if anyone else does the same and if a separate thread/spoiler warning might be worth it.

13 hours ago, Yope said:

That's why I was avoiding the forum for a while, to miss that discussion.

Spoiler warnings might help. It's not essential that anything change, I'm happy just leaving the forum for a while in the summer when most of the advent calendar chat comes up.  I was more just wondering if anyone else does the same and if a separate thread/spoiler warning might be worth it.

I don't think it would work really, you want all discussion of the advent calendar kept to a seperate thread and if someone then comes on here, doesn't know the new rule and spoils it, people will get mad at them. It will just lead to problems. And a spoiler warning will be on everything at certain times of the year as new stuff is leaked. If you don't want to know what's in sets you will just have to avoid the site and the internet for periods of time.

3 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Doesn’t the box itself ruin a lot of the surprise anyway?

I just don't look at the pictures when I buy it and when it arrives I open the flap without looking at the box as far as possible (once the flap is open there are no visible gifts).  It does the job to the extent that around half the gifts are surprises.  I get the Star Wars one for the Mrs and it's completely spoiler free for her, lucky duck.

I really enjoy doing it this way and it makes the set feel a lot more valuable but I think it's probably not worth having a separate thread/spoiler warnings.  It's no problem avoiding the forum for a while when the reveal comes out.

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ordered the HE this morning right as it became available! Can‘t wait to build it next week :thumbup:

I was wondering if anyone was going for a day 1 purchase. I'm waiting for a 2x points day, but I will definitely be picking it up. Happy building!

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ordered the HE this morning right as it became available! Can‘t wait to build it next week :thumbup:

HE - I am sorry, what is it?

Hello all, can anyone confirm if the new HE Draco print is accurate to any point in the movies?  I recall him of course in the black suit and black shirt but not a green shirt with tie and Slytherin pin.  I am sure someone on the forum will know instantly if this is the case or if Lego just didn't want to print black on black on black for his torso.  Thanks!

One other question also, historically is there another 2x VIP points event post August?  I know we had one in July and I will be getting the HE but seems wrong to buy it when there isn't at least a 2x deal on or an amazing GWP offer.  I also can't wait until 2023 either so wondered if there could be one coming up?

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m going to get it later in the year as a Xmas gift for myself. 

2 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

Hello all, can anyone confirm if the new HE Draco print is accurate to any point in the movies?  I recall him of course in the black suit and black shirt but not a green shirt with tie and Slytherin pin.  I am sure someone on the forum will know instantly if this is the case or if Lego just didn't want to print black on black on black for his torso.  Thanks!

One other question also, historically is there another 2x VIP points event post August?  I know we had one in July and I will be getting the HE but seems wrong to buy it when there isn't at least a 2x deal on or an amazing GWP offer.  I also can't wait until 2023 either so wondered if there could be one coming up?

There's usually a double points offer around Black Friday.  I know one of the more recent double point events excluded a lot of the newer and some of the more expensive sets from being eligible for double points.  I believe the was the May the 4th one so that only affected Star Wars sets.

7 minutes ago, karrit said:

There's usually a double points offer around Black Friday.  I know one of the more recent double point events excluded a lot of the newer and some of the more expensive sets from being eligible for double points.  I believe the was the May the 4th one so that only affected Star Wars sets.

Thank you, but maybe sad news that it may be futile waiting for it if big new sets are excluded.

Ever since I've been visiting the forum I've seen people complaining about characters who haven't gotten minifigures yet, Narcissa Malfoy, Bill Weasley, Aberforth Dumbledore, among others, but I've never seen anyone comment about not having made Fang yet. We need Fang.

25 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

[…] but I've never seen anyone comment about not having made Fang yet. We need Fang.

People on EB have been asking for Fang for ages. I know because I am one of them, ever since the 2011 set list appeared :tongue:

1 hour ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Ever since I've been visiting the forum I've seen people complaining about characters who haven't gotten minifigures yet, Narcissa Malfoy, Bill Weasley, Aberforth Dumbledore, among others, but I've never seen anyone comment about not having made Fang yet. We need Fang.

You must have just not hit us at the right time. Trust me, we’ve definitely been complaining about the lack of Fang. There was certainly plenty of discussion about it in 2019 when the Las test Hagrid’s Hut came out, and every now and then it comes up again. For that matter, you could probably go in to the new animal molds thread and find several non-Harry Potter fans who want lego to do a Fang just because it would mean a new mastiff mold. 

At a Costco near San Francisco, I saw good deals on two of the recent Harry Potter sets. The Ministry of Magic is selling there for $79 and Dumbledore's Office is $56.