Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

March wave is promising...

Banners: If the banners include the house ghosts, they are a must buy as I have wanted them for some time now! If not, I will probably just get Slytherin (my house).

Black Lake/2nd task remake: Rita could be on the spectator tower or they could just include her in beetle form. Either way, I love that they are remaking this set :)

RoR: I love that they are including the fiendfyre snake! I'm hoping for Draco in suit, Blaise, Ron and Harry as far as minifigures. A vanishing cabinet would be cool to connect to Borgin and Burkes. I expect the diadem and brooms will be included. It would be cool if they had some items from past movies (pixies, half blood prince book, etc.) and there should be a stack of chairs/items that has a collapsing feature. I'm guessing this will be my favorite set of the wave, but hard to tell until I see official pictures.

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Nice updated list, @Seaber. I can't help wondering if they might sneak Rita Skeeter in with the Second Task set. Or perhaps they'll do a third CMF series this summer that nets us Fleur, Cedric and Cho, too. (A Marietta with a "SNEAK" forehead would be a lovely but sadly improbable inclusion...)

Although Rita is present at the second task, she can barely be seen and has no lines/action. I thought the promo Rick's lineup for that set was confirmed? Perhaps not. 

I would also love Marietta, but think the chance is next to none 😁

Just for those interested, the non-student and non-ghost figures we still need are:

PS: Tom, Dedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, Kings Cross Guard, Prof Vector, Augusta Longbottom

CoS: Mr and Mrs Mason

PoA: Marge

GoF: Rita Skeeter, Barry Crouch sr, Prof Karkaroff, Amos Diggory, Frank

OotP: Mrs Figg, Madam Bones, John Dawlish, Antonin Dolohov, Prof Grubbly-Plank

HBP: Narcissa Malfoy, The Carrows, Thorfinn Rowle

DH: Prof Burbage, Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphius Doge, Scabior, Rufus Scrimgeour,Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathilda Bagshot, Aberforth Dumbledore, Dirk Cresswell

@Seaber, you're correct, the Second Task was the only one for which they were confident in the minifig lineup. That's just wishful thinking on my part about Rita. 

I think Diggle and Crockford, although unnamed, were in the Accessory Pack last year. Or at least as close to as we're likely to get. Who were the Masons? I imagine Burbage and Bathilda are unlikely, at least in the scenes they're known for ... :laugh:

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I think Diggle and Crockford, although unnamed, were in the Accessory Pack last year. Or at least as close to as we're likely to get. Who were the Masons? I imagine Burbage and Bathilda are unlikely, at least in the scenes they're known for ... :laugh:

I agree with you on Bathilda, since she technically only appears on screen as a corpse puppet for Nagini (yikes). But since we’re acknowledging the Accessory Packs, I think Burbage would do go in one, which it think I already brought up when we weren’t sure if this year’s Hogwarts Professors set was brickheadz or not. And I don’t think a professors pack would be a horrible idea for the future either - while the moments sets have made a decent number of professors available a low price points, there are still several members of Hogwarts staff who are locked behind a higher threshold, and PoA-onwards was only available for an extremely limited window. 

16 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Yope, hadn't you done a list of the characters with screen time / book time that are still missing? Any chance you still have that bookmarked / saved somewhere accessible? 

Yes I do, despite the great figure line up of this year we've not ticked off too much of the list.  A lot of the very desirable figures we've had are either new variants (Sirius, Tonks, Werewolf Lupin, etc) or figures that aren't prominent enough for the list (Madam Pince, Yaxley, Epilogue kids, etc).  So there's still plenty to hope for!  Rita Skeeter, Narcissa Malfoy and Fang are top of my list (although I'd love a Peeves in the likeness of the old video games).

Screentime Mins   Book Mentions
Narcissa Malfoy 6.75   Percy Weasley 486
Barty Crouch Sr 5.25   Kreacher 312
Percy Weasley 5   Bill Weasley 302
Xenophilius Lovegood 5   Barty Crouch Sr 295
Fang 3.5   Ludo Bagman 246
Rita Skeeter 3.5   Rita Skeeter 188
Scabior 3.5   Igor Karkaroff 165
Aberforth Dumbledore 3.5   Peeves 164
Igor Karkaroff 3.25   Winky 162
Nigel 3   Poppy Pomfrey 156
Kreacher 3   Rufus Scrimgeor 153
Mundungus Fletcher 3   Mundungus Fletcher 147
Bogrod 3   Angelina Johnson 135
Katie Bell 2.75   Xenophilius Lovegood 124
Marge Dursely 2.75   Katie Bell 116
Rufus Scrimgeor 2.5   Charlie Weasley 110
Cormac McLaggen 2.5   Lee Jordan 109
Blaise Zabini 2.5   Fang 105
Poppy Pomfrey 2.25   Ernie Macmillan 92
Helena Ravenclaw 2.25   Narcissa Malfoy 89

8 hours ago, Yope said:

Yes I do, despite the great figure line up of this year we've not ticked off too much of the list. 

Wow!!Great Job on the List.The fact we're almost 5 Years into this Theme Returning and haven't gotten Rita Skeeter is Mind-Boggling.

Looking forward to the RoR set most of all, I hope it does include the vanishing cabinet & Diadem (new element?). Draco in his black suit would also be excellent 👍 

I’m imagining a layout like the hospital wing but with a double width middle section with the hidden door

For me the RoR (hidden things) is the perfect dumping ground for all the extra furniture etc from the advent calendars 

21 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Seaber I think Diggle and Crockford, although unnamed, were in the Accessory Pack last year. Or at least as close to as we're likely to get.

Yeah, it seems Borgin was named and the the others weren't in that set, hopefully the next time a minifigure book is released it will clarify if there were supposed to be Crockford and Diggle. Or, better still, they may appear in a Leaky Cauldron set. 

42 minutes ago, Scuhro52 said:

The fact we're almost 5 Years into this Theme Returning and haven't gotten Rita Skeeter is Mind-Boggling.

It took over 20 years to get our first Percy Weasley, so hopefully other prominent characters aren't far behind! 

While I can’t really envision a set built around a banner, I’m certainly intrigued due to the books being quite neat & fun builds. 

16 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

DOTS X Lego Harry Potter rumoured for next March:

Thanks for the news video! :thumbup:

Pretty unexpected crossover! These could include some interesting new printed tiles

7 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

DOTS X Lego Harry Potter rumoured for next March:

41808 for $15

41809 for $20 

41810 for $45

Okay, I can pass on the brickheadz and art sets, but I’m almost certainly going to need to grab these. I’ve spent the entire time since the introduction of DOTS telling myself I don’t need to get any, I’m never going to be able to hold out if they add Harry Potter to the mix. 

Looking at the DOTS sets on Lego, they have some Mickey Mouse sets with good printed parts, hopefully we get the same with the Harry Potter ones. I think house crests, Hogwarts crests, lightningbolts and glasses are quite likely, as well as owls and cats. I'm likely to get the two cheapest anyway, will have to check what comes in the larger one. 

7 hours ago, Seaber said:

Looking at the DOTS sets on Lego, they have some Mickey Mouse sets with good printed parts, hopefully we get the same with the Harry Potter ones. I think house crests, Hogwarts crests, lightningbolts and glasses are quite likely, as well as owls and cats. I'm likely to get the two cheapest anyway, will have to check what comes in the larger one. 

Given that the price point for the largest set is the same as the largest Mickey & Friends one currently available, I imagine we’ll be looking at something similar to that: some sort of brick built desk organizer, a brick built picture frame, and a few prefabricated bases (patches, bag tags, bracelets, etc.). 

We’ll also definitely see bracelets in some form. Whether that means a full set of red+blue+yellow+green or just a yellow+grey pair with the tiles to make them work for all four houses remains to be seen - and who knows whether they’ll be bundled in the larger set or the sole focus of one of the smaller sets. 

As for prints, I think you’re on the money with house crests, lightning bolts, and glasses, but I’ll add that the platform 9 3/4 logo is another obvious choice, and with how the DOTS theme has done repetitive patterns in the past I wouldn’t be surprised if they did some striped tiles to mimic house scarves. I’m also interested to see if the designers will take advantage of the timeturner print that was introduced in the Hospital Wing this year. 

Bit more info on the Potter and DOTS stuff:

41809 HP DOTS Pencil Holder (518pcs) $20

41811 HP DOTS Desk Kit (856pcs) $45

It's unknown what the $15 set is right now :classic:

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Bit more info on the Potter and DOTS stuff:

41809 HP DOTS Pencil Holder (518pcs) $20

41811 HP DOTS Desk Kit (856pcs) $45

It's unknown what the $15 set is right now :classic:

Sounds like my desk is going to get a makeover. Pencil holder is nice - good thing I’ve already got several appropriately themed pens. The Desk Kit sounds interesting, we’re probably looking at a collection of things there: some sort of organizational caddy, one of the photo/note cubes they’ve done several time in the theme, maybe a photo frame, and some of those bag tags and/or patches framed as labeling devices. 

Given DOTS usual makeup I’m betting the $15 set is a 2 bracelet pack in yellow (Gryffindor or Hufflepuff) and grey (Ravenclaw or Slytherin), with the requisite red, black, blue, and green DOTS to make things suitably house themed. Bracelets seem to be their most popular items after all. 

If the three DOTS sets have a similar amount of new prints to the Mickey Mouse ones, there could be about thirty new 1x1 printed tiles. 

There seems to be a fair few patterns in the MM DOTS sets, so perhaps these decorations from the Quidditch towers would be appropriate. 

24005.jpg

Even if I'm not interested in LEGO DOTS (nor in a few other type of sets) it's nice to see a theme I appreciate so vital.

Really excited for 76420. That said I’m disappointed only one mermaid is set to be included. I am curious if they will use the older or newer Mermaid tail piece, and also feel this could be a great opportunity to include a webbed hand piece. You’d think if it didn’t come with the Swamp Creature from Monster Fighters/TLM2 they wouldn’t make it, but it’d be nice. I could see them using the 20595 piece in a bright orange for the Mermaid. Can you tell what figure I’m most excited to get for this set? Lol

On 8/25/2022 at 10:28 AM, RODDY said:

Okay now I’m sold…

Me too.  Expensive it may be, but look at the proportions of engine and tender. So much better in the big model. 
it will be on the list now, maybe just wait for a nice deal or something.