Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

OH MY GOD FINALLY A RELATIVELY CHEAP DEATHLY HALLOWS SET.

I share some enthusiasm about the new Room of Requirement set but what do you mean "finally"? One of the very few Deathly Hallows sets ever was the $12 Forbidden Forest. Doesn't get cheaper than that! :laugh:

57 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Are we expecting the room of requirement to connect to the castle?

I think it's likely. They're calling it "Hogwarts Room of Requirement" and all of the sets starting with Hogwarts since the changeover to the new castle system have connected.

I know that the house banners are supposed to be some sort of convertible playset type thing like the moments and trunk sets, but I’m wondering if they’ll somehow be able to hang on the wall - it would be pretty odd to market them as “banners” otherwise. 

Here’s also hoping that we’ll see the much speculated house ghosts to break up the monotony of student uniforms in the banner sets. It would only require one or two new molds - and frankly giving us the Grey Lady/Helena Ravenclaw in a setup like this would be a good way to give us a pivotal DH character without taking up a crucial minifig slot in a future Battle of Hogwarts set. 

The Battle of Hogwarts Room of Hidden Things and the long awaited Reboot of the Second Task are extremely exciting. And Blaise Zabini is already at least one completely new character for next year! And I can’t wait to see that Grindylow! Slightly disappointing that we won’t get Fluer and Cedric in their second task swimsuits at this time (see, this is what a 3rd CMF would be useful for). Hopefully, the designers will find some way to sneak them to us - if Harry Potter polybags ever included new prints I’d say that was a perfect place to give us one (say Fluer with a small water weed build and one of the new grindylows), and we also haven’t gotten any new minifig prints in the GWPs since Ollivander in 2018 so that’s unlikely too. Maybe the 2023 advent calendar?

Yes yes yes! 

I will get the lake task, I can already feel nostalgic for the old lake set I remember seeing at my local Toys'r'us (I was so young back then that apparently I was scared of the sleeping figure faces aha) 

What if the Fiend-fire snake is brick-built with a recoloured Basilisk head? :look:

With 3 minifigs in each banner set, there aren’t too many options. I doubt they’d do heads of houses again, and there aren’t really any other 4 professors closely associated with each house. The obvious choice, as many have mentioned, would be the house ghosts, but something makes me doubt that TLG would go that route. I’d love to be proven wrong though. Beyond that, I can only think of two options: A) 3 students (perhaps one named character and two generic students, or one each of quidditch/robed/sweater) or B) Hogwarts founder and two students. I’m not sure B is super likely with the D2C castle still on shelves, but it would be an interesting move. 

What I’m really excited to find out about are the builds for all 6 of these sets. I have a feeling I’ll want to skip on the banners unless they look stunning or can be easily integrated into the existing castle. For the 2nd task set, I have a hard time imagining a build worth that price tag. Generic underwater scenery doesn’t sound very appealing. As for the Room of Requirement, I’m hoping they keep with the precedent of Hogwarts expansions from 2022. In my ideal scenario, we’d see something closer to the Polyjuice Potion Mistake, where the set truly feels like a module to add to the castle. But since the designers seem to have moved away from that, I’m hoping for at least something dynamic, similar to the Hospital Wing or Dumbledore’s Office.  

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I share some enthusiasm about the new Room of Requirement set but what do you mean "finally"? One of the very few Deathly Hallows sets ever was the $12 Forbidden Forest. Doesn't get cheaper than that! :laugh:

Maybe should've specified, but I was talking about the rebooted theme. It only took them six years :tongue:

I have that Forbidden Forest set, but I can't really display it with 2018+ sets.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I have that Forbidden Forest set, but I can't really display it with 2018+ sets.

Fair enough. It's kind of the definition of a "for the figures" set anyway, and even was at the time. But hey, happy to have that Narcissa!

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

Fair enough. It's kind of the definition of a "for the figures" set anyway, and even was at the time. But hey, happy to have that Narcissa!

Yeah, exactly. Hopefully that means we'll finally get Harry in his DH2 jacket, that's something we've surprisingly never gotten before.

It's also nice to finally have a cheap set for movies after OoTP. We only got three, and all of them were 100€.

8 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

We're they trying to go for scales... or an edible ice scream waffle cone

Yes.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if they'll use a recolor of the vidiyo mermaid tail

That‘d be perfect!

Also, I hope they include a shark head for Krum, like in the 2005 set. Also hoping for some marine wildlife to be featured :thumbup:

Really excited about the news, especially Room of Requirements as DH set.

But I wouldn't get my hopes too high in terms of minifigs. Since the price tag of this set is the same as the one of the hospital wing I can't imagine getting more than 4 minifigs. It will surely include Harry and at least Ron or Hermione, and I guess Draco and then maybe Goyle or Zabini (maybe Zabini since Goyle is the one who dies in the movie).

I really wonder what the set will look like, in this scene there are a lot of piles of furniture, curious too see how the lego designers will incorporate that.

2nd tasks sounds great too, but here again I guess the builds will only be small based on the price. Hope the tower will still be as tall as in JL.Brick's Moc

Still missing 2nd task Cedric and Fleur - we got sleepy Gabrielle in the carriage, but need a sleepy Cho to finish the Champions and their prizes. This set sounds good and it's possible they could show up in a future CMF series or Dumstrang Ship. I'm excited for this set, Grindylow especially. 

RoR sounds promising. There is a chance of more Cornish Pixies, and I'm confident we'll get at least five out of the six minifigures from that scene, possibly dropping Ron or Hermione. Sounds good. 

The banner sets would seem to be the perfect place to get house ghosts. If not them, there are plenty of varients of the four heads of house (as well as Slughorn), so at least there is the possibility of new prints if there are no ghosts. 

Assuming there is one adult and two student figures, Quidditch robes would be so good on one. I would love a Hufflepuff jumper with badge to complete the set from the initial Moments sets, but if not robes would be fine. As long as Hufflepuff aren't relegated to Herbology robes again :) 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

RoR sounds promising. There is a chance of more Cornish Pixies,

I don't remember seeing them in the movie. Is this a book thing?

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Assuming there is one adult and two student figures, Quidditch robes would be so good on one.

That'd be awesome. :)

39 minutes ago, Salix said:

That'd be awesome. :)

They were in the chamber of secrets when Lockhart let them out of a cage during one of the first DADA lessons

2 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

They were in the chamber of secrets when Lockhart let them out of a cage during one of the first DADA lessons

@Salix meant in the RoR scene in DH part 2 :wink:

I think they were there, locked in a cage!

2 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

Since the price tag of this set is the same as the one of the hospital wing I can't imagine getting more than 4 minifigs.

If this will be the case, and I think it's really likely considering price tag (the same of Hospital Wing and Sirius's Rescue sets), I would bet on Harry, Hermione, Malfoy and Zabini.

I know it‘s Goyle‘s death scene, but A) they don‘t shy away from death scenes for villainous characters and B) including the Fiendfyre without the dummy that cast it would be a tad silly :tongue:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know it‘s Goyle‘s death scene, but A) they don‘t shy away from death scenes for villainous characters and B) including the Fiendfyre without the dummy that cast it would be a tad silly :tongue:

And yet ... LEGO :laugh_hard:

I'd love if each Hogwarts banner set included a House ghost, well known student (for marketability) and new student. For example:

- Nearly Headless Nick, Harry Potter, Lee Jordan

- Bloody Baron, Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson

- Grey Lady, Luna/Cho, Michael Corner/Terry Boot

- Fat Friar, Cedric, Ernie Macmillan

Can't wait for the black lake and room of requirement (btw yes there were pixies in DH2 flying around the piles of furniture).  DH2 versions of the trio are long overdue and it'll be nice to get a Blaise Zabini fig but the Merperson and Grindylow are by far the most exciting parts of the set descriptions for me.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@Salix meant in the RoR scene in DH part 2 :wink:

I think they were there, locked in a cage!

They were seen multiple times in that scene, below is the first encounter:

screenshot.png

There were many references to the previous movies in the Room of Hidden Things, as they had many probs leftover to fill the space such as the Mirror of Erised, Giant Chess Pieces, a lot of chairs and tables from various classroom scenes.

Do you imagine they'd include the Vanishing Cabinet in the RoHT? Or is that something to save for a scene with Death Eaters? IIRC, the cabinet is there in the video game.

Maybe three compartments instead of the four plus roofs of the Hospital Wing, the Fiendfyre snake, the Diadem, a basilisk fang for Harry to destroy it, some stuff to pile up, Harry, Malfoy... 

Blaise seems likely as they've actively been working on representation in the line. If you're going to have Fiendfyre, I'd agree Goyle seems like he should be included as well (although far from certain). I don't suppose they'll give us six figs, so I reckon Ron was more useful than Hermione in the scene. He needs to kick the Diadem into the flames and fly to rescue Zabini. 

Blaise Zabini is one of my favorite minor characters so I’m really glad we’re finally getting a figure of them. Not too sure about the set in general just because it’s presumably in the 2021+ castle format, those have slowly been getting better though. Nice to finally have two whole DH sets. The second task is what it is and I’m sure it will be solid, was only a matter of time until they made it. This is definitely the best winter wave of the reboot but that’s saying very little. 

38 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Salix A pixie is shown looking down at Harry from atop a pile of stuff as he enters the Room Of Requirement.

I guess I'll have to rewatch it again. :P

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Do you imagine they'd include the Vanishing Cabinet in the RoHT? Or is that something to save for a scene with Death Eaters? IIRC, the cabinet is there in the video game.

Maybe three compartments instead of the four plus roofs of the Hospital Wing, the Fiendfyre snake, the Diadem, a basilisk fang for Harry to destroy it, some stuff to pile up, Harry, Malfoy... 

Blaise seems likely as they've actively been working on representation in the line. If you're going to have Fiendfyre, I'd agree Goyle seems like he should be included as well (although far from certain). I don't suppose they'll give us six figs, so I reckon Ron was more useful than Hermione in the scene. He needs to kick the Diadem into the flames and fly to rescue Zabini. 

I'd rather have DH Golden Trio over Goyle if that's what it comes down to :P I hope they put Draco in his suit in the RoR set, so I don't have to pay astronomical prices for it due to it being exclusive to the D2C. 

Overall this wave seems like a "Bricklink the minifigures" job, unless the sets really wow as setpieces. Had to turn my love for this theme toward the minifigures, I just don't have room for every set going sadly and the Hogwarts modular hasn't beaten the 2018-2020 range for me.

Really curious to see how these banner sets shape up. Don't want to jump to conclusions just yet as I found the little books to be surprisingly fun mini builds and easy to display.

The Black Lake is the most intriguing to me, I do hope it delivers. Shark!Krum would be fantastic.

5 hours ago, Salix said:

As others have said, yes they appear in the movie, so it would be great to get more! 

From these new sets it's not yet possible to tick any more characters off the still-to-be-made list, although Zabini is quite likely. We can tick merpeople and Grindylow off the list of creatures/beings/beasts. So now we are only waiting on:

Norbert
Troll
Unicorn
Inferi
Ironbelly
Giants
Fang

Errol, Trevor and Firenze's species have appeared, but they're not shown up as main (or mane in Firenze's case) characters. Unnamed Goblins are also still to come. 

It's possible some of the following students will be in the banner sets: 

Gryffindor - Lee Jordan, Cormac McLaggen, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, Romilda Vane

Slytherin - Millicdnt Bukstrode, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, some of the Quidditch players

Hufflepuff - Ernie MacMillain, Zacharius Smith, Eloise Midgen, Leanne

Ravenclaw -  Penelope Clearwater, Roger Davies, Michael Corner, Marcus Belby

As well as the house ghosts. 

1 hour ago, drewdotexe said:

I'd rather have DH Golden Trio over Goyle if that's what it comes down to :P I hope they put Draco in his suit in the RoR set, so I don't have to pay astronomical prices for it due to it being exclusive to the D2C. [...]

Really curious to see how these banner sets shape up. Don't want to jump to conclusions just yet as I found the little books to be surprisingly fun mini builds and easy to display.

I'm hoping they'll give us another DH II set next year for the "25th anniversary" of the Battle of Hogwarts. That would permit them to split the trio up into some of the other sets and give us more side characters instead.    

I still haven't entirely given up on the book format. It's not (completely) unlikely that it isn't simply a nomenclature thing, but we shall see. 

Nice updated list, @Seaber. I can't help wondering if they might sneak Rita Skeeter in with the Second Task set. Or perhaps they'll do a third CMF series this summer that nets us Fleur, Cedric and Cho, too. (A Marietta with a "SNEAK" forehead would be a lovely but sadly improbable inclusion...)

We really need an assortment of Death Eaters... 

@Yope, hadn't you done a list of the characters with screen time / book time that are still missing? Any chance you still have that bookmarked / saved somewhere accessible?