Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

In the past decade there has been a new genre in collectables. It's the "single purchase collection piece" and it's right around $500. This is the 25 year old who puts the UCS falcon on his wedding registry, and has no other sets.  This is the 45 year old who buys a single transformer, master piece Optimus Prime and puts it on a shelf in his office. I've seen families who picked up the microscale Hogwarts as their only HP set when it came out.  Voltron has had multiple $500 editions in the past few years. There is an upcoming $500 diecast star ship enterprise that serves the same purpose. 

As odd as it seems $500 is a price point that people are willing to spend on a single item, and often it's not the people who collect those items it's people looking for a single item from that genre. I think this set will pretty well, but it will be mostly to people outside of the HP Lego fanbase. 

The guy in the video ^^ has some good points. The set suffers from a bit of an identity crisis, but I'm still convinced it does well as a display set, which is what it is primarily. I'm fairly certain I'll be picking it up... then again I want to see what the $500 Marvel (DC?) set is, as well as seeing the Hulkbuster and the Eiffel Tower before I make a final choice. So much to choose from, and not much money to go around these days...

Edited by mirkwoodspiders
Spelling

On 8/14/2022 at 6:44 PM, Gorilla94 said:

A matter of personal taste, I guess... To be honest I am just into Movie 1 and 2 ^^´ If I get the cast of those in a perfect version I am happy :) The movies lost me at PoA, because I am not able to see what happens for large parts of the movie, while CoS just used blue/green light/filter to show that a place is dark. Never watched the last 3 movies and while I read all books I never feelt that much about everything after CoS.

I agree that Krum isn´t very well executed as a minifig... There are tons of other light flesh faces with beard prints that would represent him better... In my opinion the big problem is his hair. This extremely short dark hair would require a bald hairpiece and printing all around the head...

Krum's hair I think is pretty good, the problem is the color, before they actually launched Krum in this new 2018 collection, I had bought an extra Dean Thomas just to get his hair to put on my 2005 Krum, and I liked him with that dark brown hair. Do you have any ideas for a good face for Krum?

Edited by ZeLuiz08

54 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Krum's hair I think is pretty good, the problem is the color, before they actually launched Krum in this new 2018 collection, I had bought an extra Dean Thomas just to get his hair to put on my 2005 Krum, and I liked him with that dark brown hair. Do you have any ideas for a good face for Krum?

I have problems to judge which hair colour he exactly has. It's black, isn't it? I saw some tony stark faces that have a similar smile like the google search pictures of him and pretty much that beard. I'll have a look when my exams are done xD I think I own pretty much every bearded flesh face for my dwarf army^^'

Edited by Gorilla94

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but are any of these sets retailer exclusives (except for Lego stores and S@H) in certain countries:

76406 Hungarian Horntail
76407 Shrieking Shack & Whomping Willow
76408 12 Grimmauld Place

2 hours ago, rebelpilot said:

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but are any of these sets retailer exclusives (except for Lego stores and S@H) in certain countries:

76406 Hungarian Horntail
76407 Shrieking Shack & Whomping Willow
76408 12 Grimmauld Place

In Switzerland at least, the only retailer exclusive among them is 76408, which is exclusive to Smyths :classic:

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere already, but there is a new contest on the Lego VIP site (at least in Germany, don't know about other countries). You can win a trip on the Hogwarts Express and must answer a few Harry Potter/Hogwarts Express related questions to enter the competition.

Edited by Greshi210

1 minute ago, Greshi210 said:

Appologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere already, but there is a new contest on the Lego VIP site (at least in Germany, don't know about other countries). You can win a trip on the Hogwarts Express and must answer a few Harry Potter/Hogwarts Express related questions to enter the competition.

It's no good if you don't have kids though, good luck to any who do :) 

On 8/16/2022 at 6:29 PM, mark1991t said:

For everyone in the Netherlands who wants the book with the Percy minifig, despite the 13th of september release-date, you can already order a copy on Amazon. I've ordered it last week and it got already delivered today.

Thanks! :)

Am I crazy to want a few more visible studs on the train? It's awesome they were able to tile everything, but I like my lego sets to look like Legos. That's the same reason the BTTF Delorean was an easy skip for me, If I want a screen accurate Delorean or HE I'd buy a scale model. 

On 8/19/2022 at 5:52 AM, steam235 said:

Am I crazy to want a few more visible studs on the train? It's awesome they were able to tile everything, but I like my lego sets to look like Legos. That's the same reason the BTTF Delorean was an easy skip for me, If I want a screen accurate Delorean or HE I'd buy a scale model. 

Nah, there is definitely a group like you within AFOL who want LEGO studs on the surface as texture!

Can I ask: If a train set were to be a display piece, does making it track compatible AND motored count as a display piece? If the new Hogwarts Express was motorized and I put it on my TV stand with tracks that go around my tv, do you guys consider that a display piece still?

Now that the release of Percy's minifigure is approaching, do you already notice how unpatterned his uniform is?
He doesn't have the red lining of the black robe, the black robe have two clasps in the front and the sweater has colored stripes on top near the neckline. I know it's just details and I won't stop buying just because of that, but it's something a little ugly in the collection. And the annoying thing is that I could just put Percy in an old uniform, however, on the torso he wouldn't have the Prefect badge which is something totally MANDATORY for him.

png.png

Edited by ZeLuiz08

3 hours ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Now that the release of Percy's minifigure is approaching, do you already notice how unpatterned his uniform is?
He doesn't have the red lining of the black robe, the black robe have two clasps in the front and the sweater has colored stripes on top near the neckline. I know it's just details and I won't stop buying just because of that, but it's something a little ugly in the collection. And the annoying thing is that I could just put Percy in an old uniform, however, on the torso he wouldn't have the Prefect badge which is something totally MANDATORY for him.

I hate when LEGO is inconsistent with little things like that. The way they used mid legs before was also extremely confusing, thankfully now they've cleared it up tho.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

That inconsistency isn't only on LEGO's part through. There were many differences in robes and sweaters between the movies too. For example the house-color in the robes wasn't there before Prisoner of Azkaban and the double clasps were used atleast in the first movie (maybe the second, can not find), but not in the third. Also the colored stripes near the neckline on his sweater is something from the firsts movies, but were absent from the later ones. The inconsistency on LEGO's part is that they do not use the right robes/sweaters for the right scene's the base a set off, but as this Percy comes in a book that's not the problem here. He should be just based of of one of the first two movies.

4 hours ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

png.png

His uniform matches the first two films whereas the rest you’ve posted match the uniforms from PoA onwards. 

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

The inconsistency on LEGO's part is that they do not use the right robes/sweaters for the right scene's the base a set off, but as this Percy comes in a book that's not the problem here. He should be just based of of one of the first two movies.

That's absolutely correct, and this inconsistency is probably my biggest nitpick with this theme. They put so much effort into making everything else match the specific movie it's based upon, it's really unfortunate they haven't done the same with the student uniforms up to now. It's what annoyed me about the Moments jumpers - they could've used those as an oppurtunity to give us the Columbus-era uniforms, but instead they just added an inaccurate patch.

love Percy fig for his accurate robe, lego missed a beat not following the correct uniform in the 2021 "reboot"    

There is just the 1-2film robes and then 3-8 movie robes to deal with so it shouldn't be that confusing.

Edited by deskp

8 hours ago, deskp said:

There is just the 1-2film robes and then 3-8 movie robes to deal with so it shouldn't be that confusing.

It's especially annoying that they didn't do it right, since all of the pre-Diagon Alley robed students were based on 3-6, and so far all from DA on (excluding Moments) have been based on 1-2. 

Really, when they made all those new robe designs for DA and the summer 2021 sets they should've just based them all on the Columbus-era designs.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, Retro Brick Reviews said:

That's absolutely correct, and this inconsistency is probably my biggest nitpick with this theme. They put so much effort into making everything else match the specific movie it's based upon, it's really unfortunate they haven't done the same with the student uniforms up to now. It's what annoyed me about the Moments jumpers - they could've used those as an oppurtunity to give us the Columbus-era uniforms, but instead they just added an inaccurate patch.

Guys, I know very well about the change of uniforms from the first two films to the rest of the films, I know every detail of it, even have you noticed an image that you are using in current products that is a complete montage? They mixed parts of the two uniforms. Continuing, what I wanted to say about inconsistency is that Lego never showed interest in wanting to be faithful to this issue of uniforms, and therefore in an unprecedented character that does not allow customizing (due to the Prefect badge) it decides to do it, which destandardizes the collection. Another stupid change has been putting the house symbol on sweaters since 2021.

original-YQI579-Z-RP-Harry_Potter_page-7

I can't believe we are getting leaks to 2023 sets already... probably just prices and piece counts right? Or maybe even some set names? That would be crazy *oh2*

I can already see some unamed youtubers making videos saying wow, how is that possible they are now making DH sets now when they said they would never do that??? ... probably because they never said they wouldn't lol

Edited by Textorix