Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Correct, which is why I deemed the suit from the Muppet CMF useful. The rest of the Muppet figs, far less so. 

Is that what that’s from? Dang it’s almost perfect, nice catch. Sorry if you mentioned it before and I missed it

10 hours ago, Craig247 said:

Hello! Long time lurker and first time poster. I've got most of the Harry Potter Lego sets from 2018 onwards, and wondered if there’s a good site/page anyone can recommend which matches all the minifigures to the film they’re in

I made this viz. which shows each figure and says the movie the figure is based on. Doesn't have a comparison photo from the movies though 

it's a little out of date but might get you most of the way

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/johnny.danger.iucci/viz/LegoHarryPotter_16499694929770/LegoHarryPotter

8 hours ago, Timemaster11 said:

I made this viz. which shows each figure and says the movie the figure is based on. Doesn't have a comparison photo from the movies though 

it's a little out of date but might get you most of the way

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/johnny.danger.iucci/viz/LegoHarryPotter_16499694929770/LegoHarryPotter

Thank you very much, @Timemaster11! Incredibly useful, much appreciated!

13 hours ago, Seaber said:

That's a good point about the 'army building' quality the HP series have had. Aside from perhaps the Toy Story Alien, I don't think there are many other licenced massable figures. 

The two Harry Potter series have had 8 figures that would be good to have multiples of for students which is very impressive. Just change the head, hair and hands of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dean, Cho, Neville x2 and Malfoy and they're easily a new character because of the uniforms. 

HP has had some great new molds in the sets but I think there are some great new accessories, hair pieces and hats that a new CMF would benefit from. It seemed like the two HP series sold way better than other licenced minifigure themes, at least in my local stores. 

There is still so much potential with so many variants for many characters (each Dursley has at least 10 for example) but not all will make it to sets. Some are far too obscure for a minifigure, but it seems a shame we have had 3 versions of Azkaban Sirius, and no Rita. Or two versions of Nick and Myrtle and not the other three house ghosts. 

Still, the fact that we got characters like Madam Pince and Mary Cattermole this year, and we've got multiple variants of characters like Filch and Trelawney is so positive. I have high hopes for more weird and wonderful and unexpected figs in future, CMF of not. 

I totally agree with this about repeated or unnecessary minifigures. But you have to think about the context of the set, there was a need for them to do the Ministry of Magic this is indisputable, lego had two options to do the ministry of order of the phoenix or deathly hallows, if they chose order of the phoenix, the characters would be Harry , Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Lucius and Bellatrix. And I don't know if you agree with me, but I prefer Mary Cattermole over Luna or Dumbledore.
And Madam Pince, well, the library is an important place in Hogwarts, there was a need for them to do that, and it makes more than sense that the librarian would come on this set, now if you want to question Sinistra on the set of the chamber of secrets, you have all my support haha.

Taking advantage of what I'm talking about here, I wanted to know if you don't agree with me about three of my frustrations. First, I definitely wanted not another Krum, but hey, they needed to make him a face more similar to the actor's, the current face has nothing to do with it, even the 2005 face was better than the current one. Second and third, don't you think that both the Slytherin Medallion and the Time Turner should be represented in lego as a medal accessory? being placed around their necks and not just as something that is placed in the minifigures' no.

In the last few days I saw a lot of pictures on IG of the reopened Lego Store at Leicester Square. 

There are some pictures of a Gringotts build, the entrance desk of the head goblin, a (partly) brick build dragon and many new Goblin molds. Even more excited was the picture of a brick build version of borgin and burks! Do you think Lego is hinting hard for Gringotts set for next year? To me it looks like and I get super excited and hope they won‘t let us down again.

figured out how to copy the link

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChNtSVMLOHY/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Axxe90

Hm, I hope the actual set, whenever it gets made, has a bit more variety in terms of goblins. The new hairpiece and Griphook’s in white work well, but there should be more than just two faceprints :tongue: Griphook’s faceprint only really works for him

The goblin hairpiece in white would be great, light grey would be brilliant too as about 90% goblins in the films have those colours and the dark grey which came with Griphook.

There is the odd goblin with dark or brown hair, but they're few and far between. I reckon a new goblin face with glasses would be coming if and when Gringotts comes out to avoid the army of Griphook faces :D

On 8/12/2022 at 2:11 PM, mark1991t said:

My most anticipated variants of existing characters are these 6 (half a CMF already):

screenshot.png

I don't think you can pull this off without 4 new molds. CMF is best way to do that I think.

I would love to have these as minifigures! Fred and George especially :) 

I have zero interest in purchasing the Hogwarts Express for many reasons, none of which haven’t already been expressed here.

The AC will also be a pass for me. I’m not a fan of microbuilds and the figures alone are not worth $45 to me.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the Spring 2023 sets are. I have my fingers crossed for common rooms, but ‘HP experience’ seems to suggest something else.

4 hours ago, astroboy75 said:

Do we know when is the review embargo ending for the Hogwarts Express? Can’t wait to have some real feedbacks. 

I'm just guessing, but as it was meant to be officially revealed on 16th August before Lego spectacularly screwed it up, then maybe that is the embargo date too.

The one thing really missing in my opinion is at least one medium-leg-robe-variant for the 3 other houses (Gryffindor got 5). Short legs without print don´t look as good and have a very limited use (they can´t even sit in class). Long legs are at least a bit more usefull, but having an 18 year old hufflepuff still sitting in 14 year old Harry´s class is not that funny in the long term. I´d also like a superior version of Hooch (the hair doesn´t fit at all, a second face print with glasses would be nice and her outfit should be the one from the iconic first flying lesson). Besides that I am good and don´t need more Potter stuff.

What I´d love would be more House elves with dual moulded legs like Dobby - just to reuse them on lotr Hobbits. But with the last one using just plain black ones I doubt I´ll ever see dark brown or dark tan short pants :/

Edited by Gorilla94

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

I´d also like a superior version of Hooch (the hair doesn´t fit at all, a second face print with glasses would be nice and her outfit should be the one from the iconic first flying lesson). 

You mean like this?: (which has that second face, you mentioned)

51032060863_6608642812_w.jpg 

10 hours ago, Axxe90 said:

In the last few days I saw a lot of pictures on IG of the reopened Lego Store at Leicester Square. 

There are some pictures of a Gringotts build, the entrance desk of the head goblin, a (partly) brick build dragon and many new Goblin molds. Even more excited was the picture of a brick build version of borgin and burks! Do you think Lego is hinting hard for Gringotts set for next year? To me it looks like and I get super excited and hope they won‘t let us down again.

figured out how to copy the link

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChNtSVMLOHY/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Correct me if I'm wrong: but the only Borgin and Burkes set was the one from 2002 and 2010 right? Is the digital render in the shop a forecast to what we can expect? Or does it just look like they took Ollivanders, changed a few bricks and put Borgin and Burkes on the front?

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

The one thing really missing in my opinion is at least one medium-leg-robe-variant for the 3 other houses (Gryffindor got 5). Short legs without print don´t look as good and have a very limited use (they can´t even sit in class). Long legs are at least a bit more usefull, but having an 18 year old hufflepuff still sitting in 14 year old Harry´s class is not that funny in the long term. I´d also like a superior version of Hooch (the hair doesn´t fit at all, a second face print with glasses would be nice and her outfit should be the one from the iconic first flying lesson). Besides that I am good and don´t need more Potter stuff.

What I´d love would be more House elves with dual moulded legs like Dobby - just to reuse them on lotr Hobbits. But with the last one using just plain black ones I doubt I´ll ever see dark brown or dark tan short pants :/

We've had enough Hoochs man, she has more minifigures than apparitions, and I'm not even talking about the movie haha. And overall she's well done, now what needed an urgent face update is Viktor Krum.
About the uniforms of the other Hogwarts houses, I agree, they urgently need to release students from other houses in cheaper sets for the uniforms to become popular to buy separately, I need at least 1 full Ravenclaw uniform for Cho and 2 for Hufflepuff, for Susan Bones and Cedric.

3 hours ago, mark1991t said:

You mean like this?: (which has that second face, you mentioned)

51032060863_6608642812_w.jpg 

Interesting. I wasn´t aware this is supposed to be that outfit to be honest.  She really needs dual moulded arms, dual moulded (or printed) legs and other hair ^^´ Does she have a second face print? It isn´t shown on bricklink. If so, I´ll probably get and upgrade her.

1 hour ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

We've had enough Hoochs man, she has more minifigures than apparitions, and I'm not even talking about the movie haha. And overall she's well done, now what needed an urgent face update is Viktor Krum.
About the uniforms of the other Hogwarts houses, I agree, they urgently need to release students from other houses in cheaper sets for the uniforms to become popular to buy separately, I need at least 1 full Ravenclaw uniform for Cho and 2 for Hufflepuff, for Susan Bones and Cedric.

A matter of personal taste, I guess... To be honest I am just into Movie 1 and 2 ^^´ If I get the cast of those in a perfect version I am happy :) The movies lost me at PoA, because I am not able to see what happens for large parts of the movie, while CoS just used blue/green light/filter to show that a place is dark. Never watched the last 3 movies and while I read all books I never feelt that much about everything after CoS.

I agree that Krum isn´t very well executed as a minifig... There are tons of other light flesh faces with beard prints that would represent him better... In my opinion the big problem is his hair. This extremely short dark hair would require a bald hairpiece and printing all around the head...

27 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Interesting. I wasn´t aware this is supposed to be that outfit to be honest.  She really needs dual moulded arms, dual moulded (or printed) legs and other hair ^^´ Does she have a second face print? It isn´t shown on bricklink. If so, I´ll probably get and upgrade her.

Yes. She has the glasses as a second face print.

Edited by mark1991t

56 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Her arms are fine, here is my one with boots. 

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/171793-updating-your-harry-potter-minifigures/&do=findComment&comment=3420863

I was just thinking. With the AC this year we got Sirius from the wanted poster, something only really appearing in the background. This might open up the possibilities of more figures exclusive to pictures, like Charles Weasley from the Egypt Trip for example.

8 hours ago, Seaber said:

Those boots work really well.

If they do redo Hooch soon (which feels inevitable as we’re long overdue a remake of quidditch) I’d love to see them recolour JB’s hair/goggle piece from Hidden Side.

5327080C-B3C3-4ABB-81C0-5A277339AA88.jpeg

17 minutes ago, PotterBlocks said:

If they do redo Hooch soon (which feels inevitable as we’re long overdue a remake of quidditch) I’d love to see them recolour JB’s hair/goggle piece from Hidden Side.

Amazing idea, but I feel they would have done so already with last year’s Hooch minifig :shrug_oh_well:

17 hours ago, joeee said:

Correct me if I'm wrong: but the only Borgin and Burkes set was the one from 2002 and 2010 right? Is the digital render in the shop a forecast to what we can expect? Or does it just look like they took Ollivanders, changed a few bricks and put Borgin and Burkes on the front?

I was thinking the same thing. It looks very much like Ollivanders to me.

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Amazing idea, but I feel they would have done so already with last year’s Hooch minifig :shrug_oh_well:

To be fair, last year’s Hooch minifig was specifically for the flying lesson, where she doesn’t have her goggles. Giving her an alternate face with the goggles works fine, but an molded hair piece with goggles for a scene where she doesn’t wear them wouldn’t make any sense. 

Now, a quidditch match based set (or perhaps a quidditch trunk like someone suggested several pages back) could use the hair+goggles mold for Hooch in her referee’s uniform, which is an entirely different outfit which does feature goggles (she even wears the on top of her head like that when she’s giving the teams her little lecture and releasing the balls). 

I like that Hidden Side hair piece, however it may look a little strange to have printed goggles when on the face, and molded ones when on the hair. 

Anyway, regarding Hooch she has the following variants:

Welcome Feast:

_20200404_141501

Flying Lesson:

_20200404_141446

Quidditch Match (goggles on head and over eyes):

4k-hp1-movie-screencaps.com-13337.jpg

4k-hp1-movie-screencaps.com-14290.jpg

I think the Welcome Feast varient is unlikely, it may also appear at the Halloween and End of Year Feasts, but she's not focused on so hard to say for sure.